• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm about to hit 94 and I barley breached Gorgrond. How good/important is the zone? Should I hit up the bonus objectives only then go to Talador?

cdyhybrid

I'm about to hit 94 and I barley breached Gorgrond. How good/important is the zone? Should I hit up the bonus objectives only then go to Talador?

I liked it. (I'm assuming you're Horde)

It's a gorgeous zone and the faction you meet there is my favorite in the expansion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The XP per quest in Talador isn't better than Gorgrond. Just do Gorgrond.

Trickster

Aren't you supposed to get the 680 ring from the legendary questline stuff after you turn in the quest from the heroic auchindoun quest?

Only quest I have now is the one with the apexis crystal which everyone is saying isn't needed for the 680 ring....

ampere

Good. Was not looking forward to having to do that everyday prepping for raids. Free 660s would be too good to ignore

Aren't you supposed to get the 680 ring from the legendary questline stuff after you turn in the quest from the heroic auchindoun quest?

Only quest I have now is the one with the apexis crystal which everyone is saying isn't needed for the 680 ring....

They hotfixed it. Apexis quest is needed. People who got to skip it will need it to progress future quests.

Fjordson

Got hotfixed I think.

Yep. Gorgrond -> Talador -> Spires -> Nagrand.
Ah, alright thanks.

Thought I missed a breadcrumb quest somewhere, but I've actually had a quest to go there since I was 92 :lol oops. Oh well, got to 93 purely from Shadowmoon. Awesome zone!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just found a helmet in Ashran that's 660/600. Says it's a downgrade from my regular helmet, which is 610. Is this helmet weaker once I leave Ashran?

Yes, when you are anywhere in Ashran, the PVP stuff appears at the higher level.

antonz

I just got a quest to go to the Iron Siegeworks with Gazlowe and do a bunch of quests. Got 800 Apexis Crystals once I finished everything (including a bonus-objectives-type quest).

Yep that's the weekly garrison story. get sent to one of many 100 areas.

Edit: New WoW Numbers are out. 7.4 million active subscriptions in September. For WOD they are back at 10 million active. 3.3 million WOD sold on first day. http://blizzard.gamespress.com/WORL...ES-10-MILLION-SUBSCRIBERS-AS-WARLORDS-OF-DRAE

C.Dark.DN

Banned

cdyhybrid

Deserved. Expansion is great so far.

Going with this look until I can farm up my Blackrock Armor set.

IfsSd3o.jpg

Ah, alright thanks.

Thought I missed a breadcrumb quest somewhere, but I've actually had a quest to go there since I was 92 :lol oops. Oh well, got to 93 purely from Shadowmoon. Awesome zone!

I got stranded in Gorgrond at 94 because it wasn't clear what to do once I cleared technically 'half' the zone, so I went back to my garrison and there was a breadcrumb to Talador there as well as previously unavailable SMV quests. The flow was so alien to me 'what you mean I have to keep coming back to SMV?'

Turns out there was a bug where a quest that was supposed to appear in my Gorgond outpost wasn't showing up. It would not surprise me to learn of similar bugs for other players.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The massive appexis reward quest... was it a daily or weekly?

Fjordson

I got stranded in Gorgrond at 94 because it wasn't clear what to do once I cleared technically 'half' the zone, so I went back to my garrison and there was a breadcrumb to Talador there as well as previously unavailable SMV quests. The flow was so alien to me 'what you mean I have to keep coming back to SMV?'

Turns out there was a bug where a quest that was supposed to appear in my Gorgond outpost wasn't showing up. It would not surprise me to learn of similar bugs for other players.
Yeah, I got it long before I had finished Shadowmoon so I was a little confused. Ignored it at first since it was way out of the way, figured it was just a one off thing.

Excited to move on to a new zone, though. Lol, damn work is slowing me down so much. Seeing so many 100's running around on my server and I'm not even 94.

The massive appexis reward quest... was it a daily or weekly?

Daily.

That is, if you mean the one from your garrison. As far as I know, that's the only quest for Apexis outside of follower missions, and I haven't seen one for that yet.

Related to Garrisons, I've tapped out every single quest on Draenor. I ended up spending like 800 resources on a couple of my T2 shops right before I got the quest to upgrade to level 3. Is there any other way to get resources other than the occasional mission and my little box that gives me some over time? Other than rares and treasure hunting, I mean.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I'm really confused by this random Apexis quest I had as well. There was a goblin poster in my garrison that gave a quest to do a bunch of stuff at the ring of blood and I got 800 crystals from it and they mentioned someone was coming to my garrison (but I logged off before I could see if there was a new NPC in town).

Weird.

Oh wow, if there's a weekly quest for Apexis, I need to know about that.

Hopefully it's not PvP related. I fucking hate PvP. I tried to do the Ashran Quest for Apexis earlier in the week and got my ass handed to me for over an hour, even in a large group. And when it was all said and done, I had 6 of the 100 fragments I needed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Related to Garrisons, I've tapped out every single quest on Draenor. I ended up spending like 800 resources on a couple of my T2 shops right before I got the quest to upgrade to level 3. Is there any other way to get resources other than the occasional mission and my little box that gives me some over time? Other than rares and treasure hunting, I mean.
Trading post or lumber mill. Rares and treasure hunting is by far the fastest way to expand your garrison though.

Trading post or lumber mill. Rares and treasure hunting is by far the fastest way to expand your garrison though.

I can second this.

Spend a day with the HandyNotes addon module for Draenor and loot all the garrison resources and kill all the rares. It's worth an assload of resources and beats the pants off the trading post/lumber mill in the early life of your garrison.

Wunder

Fuck yes 2000 resources, fucking finally. Guys if you don't get a Lumber Mill, then at least save your resources and don't spend em on dumb shit like Barracks Level 2 instead of saving it for Garrison Level 3. God damn.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are you guys sending your follwers on missions? Resources for their XP isn't a good trade is it? :/
If you want legitimate returns off your followers you are going to need them leveled up and geared up. Running missions for XP still gives salvage returns. At a certain point you have a steady stream of resources and it's valuable to work towards strengthening your team.

JSoup

Banned
Fun times.
"We're sorry the game was down, here is five free days."
*game goes down*

Bitch, bitch, bitch, time to do other things.

idlewild_

So, I tried restarting the battle.net desktop app to see if that fixes is. There is a 4 minutes queue.

A 4 minute queue. To log into the b.net app. LOL

I am running around an empty Arak right now. There's nothing there, enemies, NPCs, flight paths. My guild is gone, my hearth doesn't do anything. It's very 28 Days Later.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am running around an empty Arak right now. There's nothing there, enemies, NPCs, flight paths. My guild is gone, my hearth doesn't do anything. It's very 28 Days Later.

you are already dead

Fjordson

So, I tried restarting the battle.net desktop app to see if that fixes is. There is a 4 minutes queue.

A 4 minute queue. To log into the b.net app. LOL
Wait wat. I didn't even know a Battle.net app queue was possible lol

Lmao.

Top Bottom