• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

StayDead

Got my first rare from archeology (Ancient Amber).

I still have no idea if I'm doing this right. I'm just solving things with fragments over and over between dig sites as I try and collect all the rare things, is that what I'm supposed to do?

Neverfade

So what determines garrison mission success?

I have a mission available right now that needs one follower. It's a Primal mission that needs a Massive Strike counter. So I pop in a threat counter guy to MS with the Primalslayer trait: 70% chance of success. How does this make sense?

Peachpies

I have a mission available right now that needs one follower. It's a Primal mission that needs a Massive Strike counter. So I pop in a threat counter guy to MS with the Primalslayer trait: 70% chance of success. How does this make sense?
if the follower is a lower level than the mission they dont contribute as much

ZenaxPure

I don't know but there seems to be a lot. Follower level (and eventually ilvl) seem to play a role and you can boost it further in some situations depending on the location of the mission (some people do better in a desert for example) or in multi-follower missions there are traits that cause success rate to go up when working with a specific race.

Seems to be a lot of different factors.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Uh, what level is it vs the follower?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The rules for success chance are pretty arcane, but generally, if you counter every ability and all your followers are of equal level, you'll get a 100% success chance. Beyond that are factors like overlevel/underlevel (about +/-3% chance for over/under level), secondary buffs like Wastelander (something like 12%?), and it gets a lot more complex when missions have 2 or 3 followers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Whats your Garrison upgrade priority? I have a level 2 hall, level 2 mine, the ability to upgrade my lumber mill to level 2, everything else level 1, and 640 resources.

Magnus

Mal'ganis taking a massive shit tonight....sigh....

Level 3 garrison as soon as possible.

Agreed. Get all the plots going.

I feel like I might should do lvl 2 lumber mill. I'm seeing a lot of lvl 2 trees in Talador. I'm not sure how cost effective that is or if I'll run into lvl 1 trees in later zones.

Do it. And then keep the Mill around for awhile, at least as long as you feel GR-starved.

Unsure if it's worth going to Level 3 yet for the LM though....as Dresden mentions below, you're capped by work order cooldowns. But yeah, you'll be able to hit all the Timbers, just not the Large Timbers. Helps a lot.

Level 3 will eventually allow you to unlock the sole LM follower, though, which ups work orders to 30 GR instead of 20. Might be worth it. I'm considering it for sure.

Dresden

I feel like I might should do lvl 2 lumber mill. I'm seeing a lot of lvl 2 trees in Talador. I'm not sure how cost effective that is or if I'll run into lvl 1 trees in later zones.

All it does is give you more timber per tree. Not very useful since you're still capped by work order cooldowns.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All it does is give you more timber per tree. Not very useful since you're still capped by work order cooldowns.
You're locked out of lvl 2 nodes though. I saw like 4 bunched together I couldn't chop.

Edit: i guess I can farm a previous zone every 3 hours? though.

Haly

Level 2 Lumber mill doesn't actually increase your rate of resource generation. You'll have far more lumber than you can use up if you play frequently.

Fuck yes 2000 resources, fucking finally. Guys if you don't get a Lumber Mill, then at least save your resources and don't spend em on dumb shit like Barracks Level 2 instead of saving it for Garrison Level 3. God damn.

I did this.

Goddamnit. I'm at 950 Resources right now and I can't even send my followers out because I want to save resources for other things.

They need to put in a daily or something that gives extra resources. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Level 2 Lumber mill doesn't actually increase your rate of resource generation. You'll have far more lumber than you can use up if you play frequently.
Wait, is there a cooldown separate from the work order caps? If not, you'd come out ahead in 20 hours doing 14 work orders vs 7.

Dresden

14 orders doesn't mean you do 14 orders in a day, it just means you're queuing up 14 at a time instead of 7. You still get the same GR per day.

Wunder

I did this.

Goddamnit. I'm at 950 Resources right now and I can't even send my followers out because I want to save resources for other things.

They need to put in a daily or something that gives extra resources. :(

Yeah I just upgraded and I'm still deep in the hole. Trying to resist sending my followers out because they dont give me fuck all in return.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
14 orders doesn't mean you do 14 orders in a day, it just means you're queuing up 14 at a time instead of 7. You still get the same GR per day.
I actually meant 14 every 4 hours. lol. I didn't realize it was 1 at a time.

Well, fuck, I wasted one of my Outpost Building Assembly Notes or 1k.

Came home from work tonight, ate dinner, and logged into wow tonight on zul'jin without a queue. Sweet baby jesus I can play. Excellent stuff so far, personally put it right up there with TBC...and I mean I put it up there with my own idealized version of TBC that I have in my head, which usually seems to omit all the bullshit and only remember the cool parts.

ch0mp

Ashran seems to take forever for a win/loss on my server.

Doesn't seem worth it at all.
Ally stopped entering my servers, we just roll in and kill the boss over and over. It's really disappointing actually, I was kind of hoping there would be some PvP in a PvP zone.

TheYanger

Ashran is cross realm. IE: Mal'ganis has like 10 allies total, we fight vs KT alliance in Ashran and it ends up being very back and forth.

How do you guys feel about the heroics?

All of them that I've done so far haven't been bad. I kept hearing rumblings of them being super hard in trade, but I went in at 612 and we did just fine.

We had a tough time of the one with the train, specifically the first and second bosses (and we almost wiped on the third), but that was more because of our terrible tank.

Hopefully I get a better group to run it when I get home because I have two quests there. >_>

Haly

People are just bad.

I think the heroics are tuned well. Nice mix of challenge and accessibility.

For the most part, it'll come down to how good your tank and healers are, and I trust myself as a tank, so for me it's just a question of whether or not my healer knows their thing.

Biggest frustration is people breaking CC. I guess it's been so long since CC was viable, many people forgot how to do it.

cdyhybrid

All of them that I've done so far haven't been bad. I kept hearing rumblings of them being super hard in trade, but I went in at 612 and we did just fine.

We had a tough time of the one with the train, specifically the first and second bosses (and we almost wiped on the third), but that was more because of our terrible tank.

Hopefully I get a better group to run it when I get home because I have two quests there. >_>

Some pulls can be rough if you aren't geared and don't CC, but aside from that as long as you know the mechanics the fights are fine.

Grimrail Depot is the only that I'd classify as difficult. Mainly just because the camera is so damn frustrating for the final 3rd.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
hardest encounter for me so far has been Zaela, and that's because my group was more interested in telling other people how to play instead of just playing.

Mothman91

Anyone get a garrison quest from Khadgars keeper? Sent me to Socrethars Rise in Shadowmoon Valley. There was a bonus objective there for 800 apexis shards.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I've heard from my fellow guildies that rares have specific loot. Is that true? If so, that might explain why I got a cloth piece and a staff after killing some rares.

Gryph

I've heard from my fellow guildies that rares have specific loot. Is that true? If so, that might explain why I got a cloth piece and a staff after killing some rares.

Yep. Almost all of them have some specific piece of loot, either a bit of blue gear or a toy or something. They all drop some garrison supplies.

Tacitus_

Easier than Cata launch heroics because the trash isn't as CC heavy. The bosses will whoop you if you play badly though.

Fjordson

Sorry if this has been asked before, but for the Iron Horde Scraps for this Dwarven Bunker Garrison quest, do they just drop from Orc mobs in general in Draenor? Or is there a specific place that drops them?

Gryph

Sorry if this has been asked before, but for the Iron Horde Scraps for this Dwarven Bunker Garrison quest, do they just drop from Orc mobs in general in Draenor? Or is there a specific place that drops them?

Any Iron Horde mobs, which seems to be a tricky distinction, and the rate is low. People seem to be having a better time getting them in dungeons than out in the open.

Wunder

Yeah if you take it slow and/or know the fights its fairly simple. Queued into a Heroic Skyreach run that was stuck on Rukrhan, after wiping 3 times everyone just left. Best 45 minutes queue ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
one transmog piece down, like a billion more iron scrap pieces to go.
pT8CQTq.jpg
Biggest frustration is people breaking CC. I guess it's been so long since CC was viable, many people forgot how to do it.
I actually dislike people CCing stuff in most situations, but I say that as an Arms warrior who just wants to burn things down. There aren't really many situations where I think it's needed.

Top Bottom