• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Karl Hawk

Banned
You get vastly more loot with personal loot than you do with group loot, mathematically.

True, but I usually get unlucky when it comes to personal loot (I usually get spammed by useless shit from the mail thanks to persona loot. Thanks, postmaster. >_>).

Ah well, I have 6 more ilvls left to get to 610, so I ain't even mad. ;P

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone on Stormreaver named Hholycow is selling Draenor Glyphs at 450g in Trade. When I went to bed at 4AM EST last night, he was advertising in Trade. Logged in this morning at noon and he's still advertising in Trade.

I should probably pull out now because that right there is a fucking monopoly.

I need fucking Teddy Roosevelt up in this.

You get vastly more loot with personal loot than you do with group loot, mathematically.

My mailbox is proof of that.

:mad:

In other news I'm on the shadowmoon burial grounds leg of the legendary quest. I found out that it's faster to get these things done by queueing for specific dungeons rather than trying to form a premade or, god forbid, groveling in random queues. My guild is catching up though, we're supposed to grind out level 100 rares and then heroics to bring a core up to speed.

Took my DK follower out on patrol to see what the big deal was. I like that he stealths when my rogue does. I don't like that his opening attack is death and decay. Christ.

Shahadan

Anyone knows something about the missing garrison invasion quest? I thought it was a weekly thing but it has yet to appear this week.

Apt101

I hopped on for an Ashran win. Whoa. This gear makes the experience night and day. Just casual math looks like I'm now hitting twice as hard and living three times as long under focus fire. I just took out three people solo as a ret pally One was a warrior, the others incidental and I didn't pay attention. Burned all my cool downs and used a pot. The crits are off the charts. Man I hope this build doesn't get nerfed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what the flying fuck is Blizzard doing with Gul'dan? God, it's the most painful shit to ever witness... it's making me so, so fucking mad.

Someone on Stormreaver named Hholycow is selling Draenor Glyphs at 450g in Trade. When I went to bed at 4AM EST last night, he was advertising in Trade. Logged in this morning at noon and he's still advertising in Trade.

I should probably pull out now because that right there is a fucking monopoly.

I need fucking Teddy Roosevelt up in this.

Guy on my server who's been online for like 9, 12 hours+ straight posting on AH. Been tracking him. Not sure if bot, alternate account, or just no-lifer (I've been poopsocking it pretty hard - not literally - since launch and even I can't compete with that being on an AH toon for that long.)

Giggzy

Any enchanters having a hard time accumulating Draenic Dust? It wasn't bad while leveling up, but at max level it has pretty much dried up. Green drops are rarer than blues, and dungeons aren't dropping green gear like they used to...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wait till the first raid is released

for true rage

Yoshichan

I took Galleon and everything he stood for

and crushed it

Yoshichan

Yoshi, why are you so upset all the time? It seems to me that you're not enjoying the game.
That really is an exaggeration and more of a GAF "trend". I can almost guarantee that over 80% of my posts in this thread (related to WoD) has been positive.

Yoshichan

What's the "regular" way of entering Shadowmoon Valley? I never got a quest to go there and I've cleared Draenor.

ZenaxPure

Random, but, for people with an Inn you should try and recruit someone with the scavenger trait and level them up (assuming you don't have one already). It makes it so any garrison resources you get on a mission gives 200% more resources. I got lucky in SMV and my Fiona upgraded to epic and had the trait and it has been pretty life changing the whole time. I send her out on any mission that gives resources so at a minimum I'm getting like 90 (since I think the lowest resources missions can give is like 30ish) and on higher end missions I am getting over 300.

Gryph

What's the "regular" way of entering Shadowmoon Valley? I never got a quest to go there and I've cleared Draenor.

I don't think there are any Horde quests out there. There are some flight points though... You can also run in on the coast line. Pretty sure the main road has PVP flagged guards.

Random, but, for people with an Inn you should try and recruit someone with the scavenger trait and level them up (assuming you don't have one already). It makes it so any garrison resources you get on a mission gives 200% more resources. I got lucky in SMV and my Fiona upgraded to epic and had the trait and it has been pretty life changing the whole time. I send her out on any mission that gives resources so at a minimum I'm getting like 90 (since I think the lowest resources missions can give is like 30ish) and on higher end missions I am getting over 300.

That is some super good advice. I'll start hunting for that trait with my inn. Thanks!

I don't think there are any Horde quests out there. There are some flight points though... You can also run in on the coast line. Pretty sure the main road has PVP flagged guards.

That is some super good advice. I'll start hunting for that trait with my inn. Thanks!

You have to go there for lvl100 dailies. There is a road from Talador (Or is it spires?) in the upper right corner, Yoshi.

There should be a road from northeastern Spires of Arrak into SMV directly.

I suspect it's here as there's a neutral FP here and it's right on the border with SMV.
ibzXls8wkUNKQh.jpg

I know on Alliance I could get to Frostfire from Gorgond without running into guards.

And the only quests there for Horde will be the level 100 quests in the elite zones like Sorcrethar's Rise.

Gryph

You have to go there for lvl100 dailies. There is a road from Talador in the upper right corner, Yoshi.

Most of the dailies have flight points attached to them don't they? I know that I could fly out to Darktide Roost when they had the daily and I'd never been in the valley at that point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Garn sold for 30k, woop woop.

Got my capital ready. Gonna take the fight to this no life Inscription monopoly.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Any enchanters having a hard time accumulating Draenic Dust? It wasn't bad while leveling up, but at max level it has pretty much dried up. Green drops are rarer than blues, and dungeons aren't dropping green gear like they used to...

not an enchanter, but using my dust at the garrison.. and yeah.. between upgrades and drops, I would kill for some greens.. if shit weren't all soulbound I'd seriously trade like 3:1 blue for greens.

I have so many shards right now.

Giggzy

not an enchanter, but using my dust at the garrison.. and yeah.. between upgrades and drops, I would kill for some greens.. if shit weren't all soulbound I'd seriously trade like 3:1 blue for greens.

I have so many shards right now.

Seriously. I have way more Temporal Crystals than Draenic Dust too! It doesn't make sense!

Apt101

I just found a helmet in Ashran that's 660/600. Says it's a downgrade from my regular helmet, which is 610. Is this helmet weaker once I leave Ashran?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finished up the story questlines, managed to get my ilvl to 604 thanks to dungeons and hunting rares.

I'm still not fond of ''personal'' loot while doing dungeons with pugs. It feels like they're just throwing you a bone (By bone, I mean gold) after putting an effort in killing a boss. It seems like I gotta keep farming till I get to ilvl 610 or do Ashran for gear if I wanna make it fast.

Speaking of Rares, I got some special items from some elite ones I've killed today like Direhoof's Hide. Since the description says I should trade it to steamwheedle society, where can I find those goblin vendors to trade?

Vendors are in Nagrand where all the Goblins are.

Giggzy

I just found a helmet in Ashran that's 660/600. Says it's a downgrade from my regular helmet, which is 610. Is this helmet weaker once I leave Ashran?

Yes. PvP gear jumps to the higher ilvl (660 in this case), and in PvE scales down to 600.

Yoshichan

Leveling a resto druid now.

Will compare resto druid versus my 631 resto shaman when I get to similar ilvls.

Please share them asap.

Yazus

How even fucking comes that every quest I try to do gives me "instance not found" error? I literaly can not do anything, garrison is broken, quests are broken and I am still stuck at lvl94. I want to kill myself WHY BLIZZ

Dresden

God bless the dwarven bunker. The ring of trials reward upped to an 625 purple.

Happy that I'm getting upgrades off quest rewards, but the level of RNG does feel silly. I guess it won't matter once the raids open up.

antonz

I see. We'll find out this weekend!

Was out farming Timber in Spires when I got a drop that reminded me of something else I can do: farm the parts for my trading post auctioneer!

Hmm I just had my weekly garrison storyline quest just show up. So now im not sure what the timer is

cdyhybrid

Hmm I just had my weekly garrison storyline quest just show up. So now im not sure what the timer is

I just got a quest to go to the Iron Siegeworks with Gazlowe and do a bunch of quests. Got 800 Apexis Crystals once I finished everything (including a bonus-objectives-type quest).

Tacitus_

There should be a road from northeastern Spires of Arrak into SMV directly.

I suspect it's here as there's a neutral FP here and it's right on the border with SMV.
ibzXls8wkUNKQh.jpg

I know on Alliance I could get to Frostfire from Gorgond without running into guards.

And the only quests there for Horde will be the level 100 quests in the elite zones like Sorcrethar's Rise.

That doesn't lead to the main zone as I found out , it goes to a separated zone with a bunch of lvl 100 mobs that's separated by a mountain range from the rest of it. You go through the eastern bit in Talador

kv6o5rZ.jpg

following the road south of Aruuna.

Top Bottom