• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, I see tanking Blood DK's pretty much crushing every damage meter. Had one at ilevel 636 in my raid though and it seemed like his damage didn't really scale to anything super crazy, although he was still on top.

StayDead

Man, fuck work. I'm still level 98 and I've been spending all of my free time playing WoW.

YGsTu0n.jpg

Hellers

I've got the next four days straight with no work and a server with no queues.

And I'm not even aiming for 100. My plan is to get a few alts up to 92 and level 2 garrisons. Two of them haven't finished MoP and one is still level 84.

mileS

Having a blast with the feral druid at level 91. Not quite sure why people go on and on about how easy they are. Yeah I suppose you can get away with being bad and only using a tiny bit of your toolkit, but theres lots and lots of buttons/cd's to master. The difference between an average feral and a skilled one seems like it would be pretty big. Which you can't really say the same for some of the other classes now.

Guesong

Just changed from Windwalker to Mistweaver.

Eh, I'm doing pretty good so far as a Mistweaver.

But I hate fights with AoE Burst. Heroic Skyreach was a bitch to heal through the second and third boss. MW is great on tank healing though.

Uplift just doesn't heal for that much, and you better pray your Renewing Mist is on everyone. Even if 6k heal over 20 second is kind of pathetic, you have to have it to use Uplift. Blah.

I specced Breath of the Jade Serpent for my level 100 talent because fuck Pool of Mists. This give me some kind-of-clunky-to-use-but-cool-to-look-at AoE healing every 90 seconds, but more importantly, it's free to use!

Though mana is not a problem. Well actually it is, but I accumulate so much Mana Tea stacks over trash pulls than I'm always 10+ stacks starting a boss fight so even if I run low, I chug 2 stacks, heal, chug more stacks, build stacks...running out of mana AND stacks hasn't happened yet.

Apt101

That second boss in Grimrail Depot or whatever is a bitch. Unless everyone is on point you can wipe fairly easily. It didn't help one of our DPS decided to let loose with homophobic slurs and drop halfway through. Seems like a cool encounter, just need time for people to learn it.

"additional instances cannot be launched. Please try again later."

God garrisons really fucked up to rest of the game, can't even go transmog farming now. Wish they were never implemented, I'd have been 100 ages ago if they weren't and they broke the game.

Not to mention garrisons themselves are completely fucked basically impeding any characters I have stuck behind them from leveling, what a fuckup.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Plays WoD > listens to WoD login music on Youtube

Tacitus_

Bleh, instance servers are starting to melt again. I just want to get my warrior back to his garrison and get the work orders rolling.

DigitalHoax

Neo Member
Eh, I'm doing pretty good so far as a Mistweaver.

But I hate fights with AoE Burst. Heroic Skyreach was a bitch to heal through the second and third boss. MW is great on tank healing though.

Uplift just doesn't heal for that much, and you better pray your Renewing Mist is on everyone. Even if 6k heal over 20 second is kind of pathetic, you have to have it to use Uplift. Blah.

I specced Breath of the Jade Serpent for my level 100 talent because fuck Pool of Mists. This give me some kind-of-clunky-to-use-but-cool-to-look-at AoE healing every 90 seconds, but more importantly, it's free to use!

Though mana is not a problem. Well actually it is, but I accumulate so much Mana Tea stacks over trash pulls than I'm always 10+ stacks starting a boss fight so even if I run low, I chug 2 stacks, heal, chug more stacks, build stacks...running out of mana AND stacks hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, I took Uplift off of my bar since it's just SO bad right now.

Apt101

Noice

Should I replace the Barracks with the Dwarf Bunker/War Mill?

It would be good for leveling in Nagrand. Some guy in my guild hand a handful of epic iLvL items from questing because he had his bunker - helmet, gloves, a weapon, and I think he said a trinket (or ring) . I only got two.

Hixx

Well I was hoping to get to 100 tonight but my character is now stuck in an endless "instance not found" Garrison loop.
wtzgU.gif

edit: complaining on the internet is a legit fix for Garrison problems, it seems.

Jarnet87

So where can i get a tank shield for my pally? ( lvlin as ret)

Pretty sure Nagrand has one or two rare mobs that drop a 600 or 620 shield for tanks.

Got 100 yesterday. I am kind of low on Garrison Resources but I think I'm gonna go ahead and upgrade it to lvl 3. Will just take a few days to get enough resources for my lumber mill and bunker.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Testing it on one of my alts. Barracks is pretty good, but you don't necessarily need it for leveling. Especially since the war mill level 1 bonus only really applies when leveling. May as well get use out of it.

I've gotten 3 epics so far by level 92. ilvl 528, 520, and 532.So satisfying when it happens. Hopefully I get a lot more after it's built.

It seems like it will be good for endgame too? A Seal of Tempered Fate each week.

Rafy

Hey guys,
So I am looking for a casual guild here in EU. I am on Lightning's Blade and I am 99 3/4. I am looking to do dungeons (normal till I get 100 and later on Heroics for gear). I heard that guilds are now cross realm too. I am eventually interested in raiding but I have never done any raids before, I was just playing for the lore. Now I am interested and I'd like to do some every now and again. I am really looking forward to that 40 man LFR this Friday. My main is a Frostmage DPS.
let me know by PM if there is a nice guild with people from GAF or even a GAF EU guild.

Garrisons are fucked again, fucking sigh.

They should just let you do your follower stuff elsewhere, cause this is just class A bullshit.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I see tanking Blood DK's pretty much crushing every damage meter. Had one at ilevel 636 in my raid though and it seemed like his damage didn't really scale to anything super crazy, although he was still on top.

It's (it as in DK tank effectiveness overall) due to the way Resolve works, I think. Here's a post on MMO-Champ with more detail.

Note that he had the Resolve cap number wrong, but it actually just makes his case stronger.

TL;DR: As raids go up in difficulty (Normal --> Heroic --> Mythic), DKs will become less effective.

Apt101

It's funny how a few pieces of gear makes one go from a scrub to exploding people in seconds. My friend is playing my character right now, won Ashran and earned a really nice chest and boots, then purchased a new honor weapon. I'm watching him now and he is crushing fools. Well, by design and all. He doesn't even really know how to play, just runs circles around people and mashes buttons as moves become available.

antonz

So is there some secret place to farm the world drops? They seem to be flowing like water while in beta they were extremely rare

StMeph

It's funny how a few pieces of gear makes one go from a scrub to exploding people in seconds. My friend is playing my character right now, won Ashran and earned a really nice chest and boots, then purchased a new honor weapon. I'm watching him now and he is crushing fools. Well, by design and all. He doesn't even really know how to play, just runs circles around people and mashes buttons as moves become available.

If you're staying in Ashran, PvP gear gets boosted to really high ilevels (575) in PvP areas. So just a few pieces (weapon especially) will be a big boost to stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
holy shit vegetation moves when you walk through them!

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finished up the story questlines, managed to get my ilvl to 604 thanks to dungeons and hunting rares.

I'm still not fond of ''personal'' loot while doing dungeons with pugs. It feels like they're just throwing you a bone (By bone, I mean gold) after putting an effort in killing a boss. It seems like I gotta keep farming till I get to ilvl 610 or do Ashran for gear if I wanna make it fast.

Speaking of Rares, I got some special items from some elite ones I've killed today like Direhoof's Hide. Since the description says I should trade it to steamwheedle society, where can I find those goblin vendors to trade?

cdyhybrid

Now that all my buildings are level 2, I can finally focus more on missions and getting my followers leveled/geared up. Pretty much just waiting for work orders to finish to unlock lvl 3 blueprints.

TheYanger

Finished up the story questlines, managed to get my ilvl to 604 thanks to dungeons and hunting rares.

I'm still not fond of ''personal'' loot while doing dungeons with pugs. It feels like they're just throwing you a bone (By bone, I mean gold) after putting an effort in killing a boss. It seems like I gotta keep farming till I get to ilvl 610 or do Ashran for gear if I wanna make it fast.

Speaking of Rares, I got some special items from some elite ones I've killed today like Direhoof's Hide. Since the description says I should trade it to steamwheedle society, where can I find those goblin vendors to trade?

You get vastly more loot with personal loot than you do with group loot, mathematically.

Top Bottom