• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I actually dislike people CCing stuff in most situations, but I say that as an Arms warrior who just wants to burn things down. There aren't really many situations where I think it's needed.

I mean more when a pull goes bad.

When i'm tanking, I have a reasonable idea of how many mobs I can handle. Any more packs than what I think is my maximum I'd like to remove somehow, either via CC or some distraction like Xuen or Ox Statue. The thing that annoys me the most is when I Paralyze something, and notice it gets broken in 3 seconds by someone else.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
one transmog piece down, like a billion more iron scrap pieces to go.

I actually dislike people CCing stuff in most situations, but I say that as an Arms warrior who just wants to burn things down. There aren't really many situations where I think it's needed.

interrupts, Stuns and AOE stuns are all the CC you need in heroics. It's not that difficult that you need to CC anything, maybe it'll be different in raids, but I'm getting through heroics with AOE stuns.

Anyone else notice how they pretty much threw the story out the window this expansion? Yrel gets the little purple mark thing from Velen, and then they just never talk about it.

And where is our universe Velen? Why is Maraad and Thrall on Draenor but not Velen? I know they're just trying not to confuse people, but man, they're really flushing it down the toilet here.

It feels a lot like Diablo now. The story is just there to sort of frame the theme and environment of the expansion, not to give a compelling story.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone else notice how they pretty much threw the story out the window this expansion? Yrel gets the little purple mark thing from Velen, and then they just never talk about it.

And where is our universe Velen? Why is Maraad and Thrall on Draenor but not Velen? I know they're just trying not to confuse people, but man, they're really flushing it down the toilet here.

It feels a lot like Diablo now. The story is just there to sort of frame the theme and environment of the expansion, not to give a compelling story.
It feels like nothing is really going on in Draenor. Almost all of the story seems like it was composed to justify why we are even in this location. The Lords of War stuff was way better than anything that actually wound up happening through the questing experience. A character like Yrel kind of highlights this problem where Blizzard seem to fall in love with this character that they create and push them really hard, but they don't seem to do anything particularly memorable or interesting. They're having a really difficult time building up characters inside the game itself.

Fjordson

Oh shit, they fixed the weird sliding animation on the Qiraji bug mount! I can finally use this thing again.

Anyone else notice how they pretty much threw the story out the window this expansion? Yrel gets the little purple mark thing from Velen, and then they just never talk about it..
I really liked Shadowmoon's story (dat ending =[ ) but yeah they kinda glossed over that purple mark thing. Probably explained in some book or something. I just figured it was like his prophetic powers or something and he was passing them on to her because he knew what was about to happen.

ZenaxPure

It feels like nothing is really going on in Draenor. Almost all of the story seems like it was composed to justify why we are even in this location.

I don't know what people were expecting other than this. Basically from the moment they announced we were going to an alternate timeline to meet old dead characters it seemed pretty obvious that the expansion would just be filler story-wise. I guess you could make an argument that this is basically the endgame for Garrosh, but, that doesn't change the fact that pretty much nothing interesting is happening. I found it really hard to care for what was happening in the storylines of each zone because in the grand scheme of things it's probably not going to matter much. I doubt they want the baggage associated with trying to have stuff that happens in Draenor effect the main timeline, hence the destruction of the Dark Portal the moment we reach Draenor.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying seeing a lot of the history of Draenor in action, but, most of it is learning about the native races and such (like the Arakkoa, always been one of my favorite races and I loved their quests in Spires), but, part of me hopes that blizz does manage to pop out another xpac a year from now so we can move on to more interesting things.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't know what people were expecting other than this. Basically from the moment they announced we were going to an alternate timeline to meet old dead characters it seemed pretty obvious that the expansion would just be filler story-wise. I guess you could make an argument that this is basically the endgame for Garrosh, but, that doesn't change the fact that pretty much nothing interesting is happening. I found it really hard to care for what was happening in the storylines of each zone because in the grand scheme of things it's probably not going to matter much. I doubt they want the baggage associated with trying to have stuff that happens in Draenor effect the main timeline, hence the destruction of the Dark Portal the moment we reach Draenor.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying seeing a lot of the history of Draenor in action, but, most of it is learning about the native races and such (like the Arakkoa, always been one of my favorite races and I loved their quests in Spires), but, part of me hopes that blizz does manage to pop out another xpac a year from now so we can move on to more interesting things.

That was not obvious at all. This was the chance to actually explore the story of Warcraft 1/2 a little more and make it make more sense with Warcraft 3 and WoW.

Gul'Dan and the Shadow Council are clearly big players in this expac, and that means the burning legion.

But again, if the burning legion is involved, why is our Velen just doing nothing? Will he come in later and having two Prophets (essentially) give us the fighting chance?

I read the comic where Blackhand grabbed Doomhammer out of the lava, but he didn't get all fiery and lava-y in the comic.

This whole expansion just feels really weird so far, even though I love it, I just want the story to be a little more cohesive instead of feeling like a half-assed reboot.

I finally finished Gorgrond today in my quest to kill every non-100 and every side mission before I move on. I ended up at 97 when all was said and done.

In my hunt, I came across Blackrock Foundry and just stopped and stared at it. So fucking huge and intimidating. I could appreciate that.

I also had someone offer me a Darkmoon Rabbit for 30k so I took it. Left me with less than 5k to my name but I can stop running past that fucking cave every time I log on during that week each month. I have an extra Guardian Cub I can sell if I run into needing gold.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That was not obvious at all. This was the chance to actually explore the story of Warcraft 1/2 a little more and make it make more sense with Warcraft 3 and WoW.

Gul'Dan and the Shadow Council are clearly big players in this expac, and that means the burning legion.

But again, if the burning legion is involved, why is our Velen just doing nothing? Will he come in later and having two Prophets (essentially) give us the fighting chance?

I read the comic where Blackhand grabbed Doomhammer out of the lava, but he didn't get all fiery and lava-y in the comic.

This whole expansion just feels really weird so far, even though I love it, I just want the story to be a little more cohesive instead of feeling like a half-assed reboot.
Ner'zhul dies in a five man, Orgrim Doomhammer is killed in a scenario, Velen dies in the first zone.

I think they're making this expansion have as little amount of long lasting implications as possible. The story is rushed and entirely disconnected from previous WC lore, aside from the presence of old characters. It seems more like a nod to WC1/2 and BC than an outright revisiting of old characters. But, it is really cool to visit past Draenor. I do wonder what direction they'll go from here.

Please let us visit alternate Eastern Kingdoms with an uncorrupted Lordaeron

ZenaxPure

That was not obvious at all.

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

When the xpac was first announced one of my friends literally said "That sounds like bad fan fiction" and honestly there is some truth to it. Since the moment they've announced the xpac they've been playing up the whole warlord thing (hence the name) basically saying "Don't you want to go back in time and hang out with all these dead folks!"

I would love for them to actually tie it into one of the main stories they've been working on/teasing the past 10 years, but I really don't see it happening.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Yeah, I may not care much for the main story arc of WoD (I said it before, I'm not well versed in Warcraft Universe), but I felt it was a nice to visit how Draenor was before it become Outland.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Spires of Arak might be my favorite zone.

KoZrd7P.jpg

8Ulc32G.jpg

QvpguxQ.jpg
Especially loved that ghostly white swamp area.

Robin64

Saw someone standing in the inn of Warspear yesterday with the full Orgrimmar guard transmog set already. Crazy.

Meanwhile, Ashran PvP continues to be one of the biggest clusterfucks I've seen. Was looking forward to this being the gateway for people to return to PvP, like myself even, but it's just not good. Ended up going to BGs, where I won a Gold Cache. Had a trinket in it! ...Agility, for my ret paladin. :(

They should allow you to skip Outland entirely for levelling.

One of the things they mentioned doing was making both Outland and Northrend 60 to 80 experiences and letting you pick which one you go to. Could be interesting.

daedalius

Made it to Northrend finally on my new character... those BC dungeons are just absolutely rotten with trash. I kind of don't want to do the last few of them because of that...

I really like the zones and enemies in BC, but the quest flow is just bad at this point. I haven't even seen Draenor yet, but from what I've heard from friends the quest flow there is actually pretty fun. BC just feels like a chore mostly. It is definitely the oldest content in the game, and feels it.

Good path suggestions for leveling in Northrend? I'll run all the dungeons at least once.

cdyhybrid

Karl Hawk

Banned
If I wanna do Ashran PvP to get my ilvl to 610 (I'm ilvl 604 atm) faster, how much time I'm gonna invest to it? Mind you, I don't mind getting some PvP gear if it means farming honor points isn't the only way to get them. I farmed honor points once and it's not something I'd like to try it again, though I guess the rewards at Ashran is somewhat random?.

I hate beating a dead horse as I'm repeating the same question from several pages, but if anyone can answer this: What are good WoW raiding videos should I keep my eye on? Yes, watching people raiding is different from playing it, but I'm kinda in the mood to see some awesome youtube videos of people raiding in WoW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol @ Bashiok tweeting that people have the Poundfist mount when literally no evidence of this has appeared anywhere on the entire goddamn internet.

Apt101

I have a bunch of PvP gear now that all boosts up over 700 in BG's and puts me at 635 in Ashran. I feel like the Horde on my server group are now catching up - I can no longer destroy people with ease, but I'm still hard to kill. I can win most 1v1's against anything other than hunters (they move so fast! even against me with my +20/50% movement buffs). I can make it competitive 2v1, often winning, or at least killing one and running away.

Still, it seems my health is consistently lower than everyone else's. Either I need even more gear or enchants, or ret paladins just have low health.

Apt101

If I wanna do Ashran PvP to get my ilvl to 610 (I'm ilvl 604 atm) faster, how much time I'm gonna invest to it? Mind you, I don't mind getting some PvP gear if it means farming honor points isn't the only way to get them. I farmed honor points once and it's not something I'd like to try it again, though I guess the rewards at Ashran is somewhat random?.

I hate beating a dead horse as I'm repeating the same question from several pages, but if anyone can answer this: What are good WoW raiding videos should I keep my eye on? Yes, watching people raiding is different from playing it, but I'm kinda in the mood to see some awesome youtube videos of people raiding in WoW.

I hit 610 in about three hours of Ashran. Low pop server group though, we won three bouts in that time, and I also did some of the side activities - like the race and mine, and the ogre several times. Along with turning in fragments one can get a PvP weapon (or two) as well. My two-hander is 620 out of PvP.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I hit 610 in about three hours of Ashran. Low pop server group though, we won three bouts in that time, and I also did some of the side activities - like the race and mine, and the ogre several times. Along with turning in fragments one can get a PvP weapon (or two) as well. My two-hander is 620 out of PvP.

Well, I'm in Saurfang-EU (Which is a low pop server). Three hours of Ashran to hit 610 seems reasonable, at the least.

Apt101

Well, I'm in Saurfang-EU (Which is a low pop server). Three hours of Ashran to hit 610 seems reasonable, at the least.

Win some solo fights too, so you get racial drops that you turn in to one of the SI:7 NPC's. I just upgraded my wrists and gloves in between posts. Both better than my PvE gear, so my iLvL just grew more. I also added tons of health for PvP, which is what I needed.

StayDead

So what determines garrison mission success?

I have a mission available right now that needs one follower. It's a Primal mission that needs a Massive Strike counter. So I pop in a threat counter guy to MS with the Primalslayer trait: 70% chance of success. How does this make sense?

Level of mission is also taken into account I think.

Nugg

I'm having a hard time with this expansion. I'm playing since Vanilla, and I don't see why everyone is already claiming this is the best expansion ever. I still can't get over what I feel is a lack of content.

- Character models? Sure, cool, but my race (BE) hasn't been redone so I feel left out and I'm a little bitter about it. Also, this is not "content" for me.
- No new race, no new class. This is a first.
- An all time low number of new dungeons (7, remake of UBRS included). Most of them are pretty cool but come on.
- No new BG.
- No scenario outside of questing.
- After a week, I'm already a bit bored with my garrison.
- Those 800/1000 Apexis dailies are the most mindless boring grindy shitty crap I've done in all my time in WoW. I hate them, and I hate that I'm expected to do them often.

It's not all bad of course:
- Questing is amazing, I have to admit, even though the "hey remember this guy from BC?" effect got old pretty quick. But I'm afraid of what's going to happen when I'm done with it.
- Spires of Arak might be my favorire zone ever
- Treasures are my favorite new thing, I'm having a blast, but I'm almost done collecting them all already.
- I'm sure raiding will be fine from what I've seen so far.

It's a cool expansion, sure. But I can't help wondering if all the praise will stick more than a few months. I know they're promising faster expansions and I'm hope they're right, because I don't see myself in Draenor for two whole years.

Apt101

I was in that Mists BG that involves carrying orbs or something in a little square arena. Ran into a Tauren warrior with so much epic gear he would stand there and laugh while people beat on him. He wasn't doing shit for damage but it took four of us popping cooldowns to take him down. He was basically running interference for healers, pestering anyone trying to kill them. I want that, but with offense rather than defense.

Robin64

- Those 800/1000 Apexis dailies are the most mindless boring grindy shitty crap I've done in all my time in WoW. I hate them, and I hate that I'm expected to do them often.

No argument here on that one. By the time I've hit even 50% I am bored out of my skull. They really need to speed these up. Enemies should not be giving 1% when cracking an egg also gives 1%.

Apt101

No argument here on that one. By the time I've hit even 50% I am bored out of my skull. They really need to speed these up. Enemies should not be giving 1% when cracking an egg also gives 1%.

I did both of them over two days, and that was enough for me. Going to be a struggle getting the rest. It is so boring.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Soloing is slowly becoming less of a thing. Three guilds jumped at me tonight but I don't want to just hop into anything when I know nothing.

fuck, I got hacked.
Hope you get all recovered and whatnot. Get an authenticator.

Jarnet87

Last night got my garrison up to lvl 3, hit 602 ilvl and did proving grounds bronze and silver on my feral guardian druid.

Not gonna lie, the Bronze trial kicked my ass. I could not beat the thing no matter what I did. The last time I tried it I got to wave 5 and got disconnected and when I logged back in I had completed it lol. Then I did Silver and beat it in 4 or 5 tries. Something about that last wave of bronze I just couldn't do. Think it was that wave 5 had 3 rippers which I couldn't burn fast enough. Would always end up with 2 rippers plus the foragers which do massive damage with the debuff. Will be doing those 600 ilvl dungeons and playing my monk some.

TheYanger

I'm having a hard time with this expansion. I'm playing since Vanilla, and I don't see why everyone is already claiming this is the best expansion ever. I still can't get over what I feel is a lack of content.

- Character models? Sure, cool, but my race (BE) hasn't been redone so I feel left out and I'm a little bitter about it. Also, this is not "content" for me.
- No new race, no new class. This is a first.
- An all time low number of new dungeons (7, remake of UBRS included). Most of them are pretty cool but come on.
- No new BG.
- No scenario outside of questing.
- After a week, I'm already a bit bored with my garrison.

It's not all bad of course:
- Questing is amazing, I have to admit, even though the "hey remember this guy from BC?" effect got old pretty quick. But I'm afraid of what's going to happen when I'm done with it.
- Spires of Arak might be my favorire zone ever
- Treasures are my favorite new thing, I'm having a blast, but I'm almost done collecting them all already.
- I'm sure raiding will be fine from what I've seen so far.

It's a cool expansion, sure. But I can't help wondering if all the praise will stick more than a few months. I know they're promising faster expansions and I'm hope they're right, because I don't see myself in Draenor for two whole years.

How can anyone be bored of their garrison :(

I feel like there's a shitload to do here. It's a lot more freeform though than some past stuff.

Nugg

How can anyone be bored of their garrison :(

I feel like there's a shitload to do here. It's a lot more freeform though than some past stuff.

Yes, it feels like that, but it's an illusion. I'm already tier 3. Last night, I went there, did my mine, refreshed my work orders, sent a few dudes on missions like it's 2011 Assassin's Creed all over again, realised I didn't have enough ressources to do shit, and I was done. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know.

Ultratech

Finally got my Garrison to Lv3 and got a Salvage Yard and War Mill built.

Still need to decide what to do for my last Medium plot...
(Kinda torn between the Inn, Barn and Trading Post. May go towards the Inn for now.)

Also got more gear upgrades including an Epic upgrade for a Cape in Nagrand (which ended up being 629 ilvl).
Still gotta finish all the quests there, but at least I can queue for Heroics now!

I've yet to still do Ashran because it's either been messed up every time I go in or it's already full.

Wunder

Yes, it feels like that, but it's an illusion. I'm already tier 3. Last night, I went there, did my mine, refreshed my work orders, sent a few dudes on missions like it's 2011 Assassin's Creed all over again, realised I didn't have enough ressources to do shit, and I was done. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know.

its definitely toeing a fine line for me right now. It's just enough where I feel like I have stuff to look forward to, but the reality is that I'm really just waiting for my followers to come back from their 8 hour missions - I still don't really know what the end-game there is, so I suppose I'll wait till I discover what the Treasure missions are and all that. But so far getting a bunch of followers to Epic quality seems like it'll take a fuck long time.

Kind of funny how still no one knows where and how Poundfist spawns. It's not the same as on the beta. The mount looks so awesome. I'm not one of those people waiting for 72 hours hoping for it to spawn though, I'm not that crazy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Kind of funny how still no one knows where and how Poundfist spawns. It's not the same as on the beta. The mount looks so awesome. I'm not one of those people waiting for 72 hours hoping for it to spawn though, I'm not that crazy.

Does this mean we're going to get Yoshi spawn camping for 4 days straight and watching him slowly descend into insanity?!?!!?

ampere

Does anyone else have this camera issue:

I found a random thread a year ago on it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10102720358

I'm having it on Windows 7.

Edit: I guess it's very common? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-of-screen-and-♥♥♥♥s-up-camera-angle-quot-bug

Yeah super common and random. Devs have mentioned it before as a big thing they want to fix, but are at a loss as to why it happens.

Ashran is cross realm. IE: Mal'ganis has like 10 allies total, we fight vs KT alliance in Ashran and it ends up being very back and forth.

Oh? Didn't realize they were going to do cross realm for Ashran, that sounds like a good solution.

I finally finished Gorgrond today in my quest to kill every non-100 and every side mission before I move on. I ended up at 97 when all was said and done.

In my hunt, I came across Blackrock Foundry and just stopped and stared at it. So fucking huge and intimidating. I could appreciate that.

I also had someone offer me a Darkmoon Rabbit for 30k so I took it. Left me with less than 5k to my name but I can stop running past that fucking cave every time I log on during that week each month. I have an extra Guardian Cub I can sell if I run into needing gold.

Gorgrond is a pretty great area to get a lot of levels. Vignettes + rares + bonus objectives are all fun. Congrats on the deal for the rabbit, that's pretty cheap. I'm still shopping for a good deal.

StMeph

Weapons that might have potential:

-Ashkandi
-Gurthalak
-Hellreaver
-Skullstealer Greataxe

- Gorehowl
- Keen Obsidian Edged Blade
- Cataclysmic Gladiator's Greatsword
- Sulfuras, the Extinguished Hand
- Drakkari Decapitator (my vote for this, really)
- Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful
- Blackhand Doomcutter
- Foereaver Polearm
- Primal Gladiator's Decapitator
- The Black Hand (the best choice, of course)

lol @ Bashiok tweeting that people have the Poundfist mount when literally no evidence of this has appeared anywhere on the entire goddamn internet.

After the initial gearing rush is done and I settle into post-launch frenzy boredom, the only thing I am interested in hunting/camping is Poundfist. I don't care for TLPD or Aeonaxx, but I am going to get Poundfist.

Oak

Neo Member
Maybe I've missed something, but everyone recommends making small garrison buildings which match your professions. If I have 2 crafting profs such as enchanting / alch, to start work orders I still need to go and buy the mats required. Are you guys just buying these in bulk and starting tonnes of work orders with them?

Not sure I'd make my money back based on the price of mats at the minute.

Top Bottom