• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

JCizzle

Where was this so called massive feedback to remove personal loot? They're inventing reasons to get shit on, and clearly didn't think this through at all.

Robin64

Where was this so called massive feedback to remove personal loot? They're inventing reasons to get shit on, and clearly didn't think this through at all.

Probably some ingame tickets of people going "I ran a dungeon and saw no loot, wtf?" and that's it. Because there was certainly nothing on community sites.

ampere

I never downed a single boss where I didn't see multiple people get loot from it, so I am gonna have to say that the droprates were infinitely better than need/greed.

I've killed bosses with Personal Loot and had people get no loot. Happens sometimes. But you also get the opposite where several people get loot. Works out well over time.

Probably some ingame tickets of people going "I ran a dungeon and saw no loot, wtf?" and that's it. Because there was certainly nothing on community sites.

Yeah must have been this. Everyone I've been running with loves Personal Loot and has been praising it. It must be people who don't understand the new system submitting tickets like bug reports. Very odd that they changed it back so suddenly with no warning.

Bizazedo

Yeah, so many people complaining about losing personal loot. Who was moaning about this? Blizz say it was substantial feedback from players that personal loot was bad, but I never saw any.
I've been / played Destiny A LOT, so they warped my perceptions a bit.....but it really feels like it's due to the speed at which people were gearing up, going by post comments and not my own anecdotes.

I agree with an earlier poster, it feels like there's a lot to do, but it also doesn't now that I'm nearing 100. It felt like MoP took me longer to max level and then the daily / rep grind.....

This? It just doesn't feel like the road is nearly as long and if people were hauling in loot like that, well.....

Hell no the rates were fantastic. each heroic yielding 8-10 drops for the group as a whole is phenomenal. Now you get...6, a large portion of which is vendor trash.
Yeah, posts like this make me feel like it was due to speed of gearing up.

Robin64

I don't think getting a lot of loot is a bad thing now because we have the Warforged system in place. Items can get random additional stats on them and even sockets, making it worth redoing dungeons even when you have gear from them.

Boogdud

Leveling my second char, had to put down the corrupted frost wolf. Buried her, the Throm'var villagers came out to mourn the death in a touching moment. While they are wailing and crying, molten corgi wipes his ass on the grave.

I lost my shit.

Giggzy

Leveling my second char, had to put down the corrupted frost wolf. Buried her, the Throm'var villagers came out to mourn the death in a touching moment. While they are wailing and crying, molten corgi wipes his ass on the grave.

I lost my shit.

LOL

Tinfoil hat time: Blizzard changed the loot system not because of some massive outcry (which was pretty minor)but because they know the need/greed system will take players much longer to gear up. I think they saw how fast personal loot was allowing the early goers to get raid ready and are fearing sub loss due to thumb twiddling.

lazygecko

Sheesh. Got glitchkicked from dungeons twice in a row in quick succession. No point in doing them at all right now, I guess. Just another issue to toss on the heaps of problems with this expansion launch.

ampere

Sheesh. Got glitchkicked from dungeons twice in a row in quick succession. No point in doing them at all right now, I guess. Just another issue to toss on the heaps of problems with this expansion launch.

US or EU? Heard this was happening for EU.

Last night the issue I was having was my Silver Proving Grounds credit kept clearing so I couldn't queue for randoms. Then I went and did Gold, which by being available means I cleared Silver... and it let me queue again. Then a bit later I couldn't queue again. Happened to our other tank and several healers and dps as well. Very frustrating.

edit: I think this was the bug I was having
Hotfix for being unable to queue from Ashran Cities:
We recently implemented a hotfix that prevents players from queuing for dungeons or Raid Finder while actively engaged in PvP; to prevent players from circumventing item level requirements by using scaling PvP gear. However, this logic was mistakenly counting Stormshield and Warspear as active PvP areas and preventing queuing from there. That is being corrected (the hotfix will require realm restarts).

Keep in mind that these hotfixes and changes are still being tested, and are not live yet. As always, your continued feedback is welcomed and please let us know how these changes play out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
easiest/fastest way of earning honor right now?

Robin64

easiest/fastest way of earning honor right now?

Be in Ashran on the side that is comfortably in the enemy's base with no resistance.

Also get the Gladiator's Sanctum. Handed in two work orders yesterday with the bones from PvP and got two 620 honor items from it worth 1500 honor. (and a 610 useless item)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lucky. I'm at something stupid like 300 - 400 kills, no mount.

Maybe 10-15 kills for me. It was pretty insane.

Praise RNGesus, hallowed be thy name. Bless me with the 1% drops today, and deliver me from farming.

Robin64

Not bad for having not yet done a single Heroic.

5NgkYZZ.jpg

Magnus

I never downed a single boss where I didn't see multiple people get loot from it, so I am gonna have to say that the droprates were infinitely better than need/greed.

Conversely, I ran 4 dungeons, and for the 20 players involved (4x5), exactly one piece of loot dropped. Anecdotal.

Interfectum

Tinfoil hat time: Blizzard changed the loot system not because of some massive outcry (which was pretty minor)but because they know the need/greed system will take players much longer to gear up. I think they saw how fast personal loot was allowing the early goers to get raid ready and are fearing sub loss due to thumb twiddling.

I agree. I think Blizz tried to pull a fast one on us but the community caught it. Even their wording is suspect on the reasoning. They will no doubt go back to personal loot in a few days if not sooner.

Yoshichan

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing in Ashran. I am getting honor but really don't feel like I am contributing anything lol.

Also, I got rewarded a piece of gear that says 660(600). What does that mean? It's worse then the 602 piece currently equipped but I will keep it anyway for the PvP set.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have absolutely no idea what I am doing in Ashran. I am getting honor but really don't feel like I am contributing anything lol.

Also, I got rewarded a piece of gear that says 660(600). What does that mean? It's worse then the 602 piece currently equipped but I will keep it anyway for the PvP set.

So if you were to wear that piece in a heroic dungeon, it's item level would be 600. While you're wearing it in Ashran or in battleground it's item level would be 660.

13thStep

Is there a GAF guild that raids by any chance? If there is one, I would love to join! I would xfer to whatever realm you guys are on.

Is there a GAF guild that raids by any chance? If there is one, I would love to join! I would xfer to whatever realm you guys are on.

No GAF guild but some people here have opened up events on openraid for cross-realm action.

I don't think getting a lot of loot is a bad thing now because we have the Warforged system in place. Items can get random additional stats on them and even sockets, making it worth redoing dungeons even when you have gear from them.

This exactly.

• Large loot pools
  • Daily quests from player Inns
  • The Legendary Quest
  • Personal Loot
  • Random upgrades

All work together to keep players continuing to do heroics in a way that's much more varied than 'grind honor'

Now it's 'grind supplies' because personal loot is nerfed and random upgrades are hamstrung by the slower accumulation of gear.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Going back to Pandaria is so painful. So many gimmicky quests that pull you out of your rotation for long periods of time. Loads of quests that rely on an NPC to follow a routine or spout off long strings of dialogue. I never want to do a quest where a panda tells me to water her huge melons ever again.

idlewild_

How often are you guys getting salvage? My rate seems to have tanked in the past couple days, opened 11 completed missions this morning and only got one crate. The longer missions don't seem to have a higher rate of giving them either since most of those 11 were 8+ hour missions and the cheap 30m one was the one I ended up getting salvage from. I'm probably going to have to level and alt and/or remote into my desktop every couple hours and only send out short missions in order to get the L3 shack in less than a month.

13thStep

No GAF guild but some people here have opened up events on openraid for cross-realm action.

This exactly.

• Large loot pools
  • Daily quests from player Inns
  • The Legendary Quest
  • Personal Loot
  • Random upgrades

All work together to keep players continuing to do heroics in a way that's much more varied than 'grind honor'

Now it's 'grind supplies' because personal loot is nerfed and random upgrades are hamstrung by the slower accumulation of gear.

That's awesome, I would love to get in on some GAF raiding. Anyone in particular I would talk to about that?

Yoshichan

What's going on? Old info in my mushroom hotkey?

iblnXIdKtbL4qp.png

I'm so confused

Am I the only one who thought certain lines of the cut-scene at the end of Talador questline were oddly written?

In particular, Yrel asks Maraad "How?" but Maraad responds "In the light, we are one". That sounds like an answer to a "Why?" question. If he was answering "How?" I would have expected "In the light, anything is possible", or something to that effect. Then Blackhand tells her "What arrogance to think you alone could defeat me" but then she whispers back "Together". That makes it sound like she was speaking to Durotan to confirm a plan of attack, but she whispers it rather than saying it loudly so Durotan wouldn't be able to hear anyway. I think a better response would have been "Not alone". It provides the same information to Durotan but also works better as a retort to Blackhand.

Based on those lines I was half expecting Yrel to say the low impact "Not us" rather than the high impact "just you" when Blackhand said "you will all die". They got that one right at least.

If Apexis is essentially the new Valor/Justice, just have the bosses drop a little bit of that (maybe 25 or 50) if you don't get an item. Or like 20 Garrison resources.

Bam, problem solved.

I think the main issue was just getting 3 gold which is nothing, and the possibility to go through the entire dungeon and get nothing of value - just 70 some odd gold.

As mentioned, the loot tables on these bosses aren't designed for need before greed AT ALL, besides the issues that persist with that system where people can roll on things that they don't need.

Am I the only one who thought certain lines of the cut-scene at the end of Talador questline were oddly written?

In particular, Yrel asks Maraad "How?" but Maraad responds "In the light, we are one". That sounds like an answer to a "Why?" question. If he was answering "How?" I would have expected "In the light, anything is possible", or something to that effect. Then Blackhand tells her "What arrogance to think you alone could defeat me" but then she whispers back "Together". That makes it sound like she was speaking to Durotan to confirm a plan of attack, but she whispers it rather than saying it loudly so Durotan wouldn't be able to hear anyway. I think a better response would have been "Not alone". It provides the same information to Durotan but also works better as a retort to Blackhand.

Based on those lines I was half expecting Yrel to say the low impact "Not us" rather than the high impact "just you" when Blackhand said "you will all die". They got that one right at least.

She was saying "how?" more to herself (and us), as in "how could he be so injured?". He said "In the light we are one" as his last words, not in response to her rhetorical question. The issue with Durotan not hearing her whisper "together" is some next-level nitpicking.

ZenaxPure

If Apexis is essentially the new Valor/Justice, just have the bosses drop a little bit of that (maybe 25 or 50) if you don't get an item. Or like 20 Garrison resources.

Bam, problem solved.

I don't think they want to do that because that would be just bringing Justice back exactly the same under a different name, they seemed to want to get away from using a currency as a primary way of gearing up which is of course ironic given the hotfix.

Yoshichan

God damn it, am I stupid or what? Everytime I'm trying to farm honor in Ashran, horde (me) gets absolutely fucking demolished. What the fuck do I do?

She was saying "how?" more to herself (and us), as in "how could he be so injured?". He said "In the light we are one" as his last words, not in response to her rhetorical question. The issue with Durotan not hearing her whisper "together" is some next-level nitpicking.

I don't think it's nitpicking to ruminate on whether the writing would have been more impactful with different word choices. I mentioned the
hearing issue only to justify what I considered a better response, since clearly her line did not have to spoken loudly. Or perhaps they wanted to make it sound like she was being choked out? But that would be more gurgly as opposed to quiet (but that's more of a direction issue than writing). 'Together' just implies more explicit awareness between the two and seems more directed at Durotan than Blackhand. Whereas 'Not alone' works much better as a retort to Blackhand's line while still serving as a message to Durotan.

And I'll just have to disagree and say that I saw the "how?" as the result of shock that she was alive, not that Maraad was injured. And even if it wasn't, I still think her asking "why" would have given more weight to Maraad's final words.

Yoshichan

git gud son

Hang back until you get some PvP gear, really. You're really squishy without it.
No I mean, the entire fucking horde gets demolished... how are you supposed to get honor? Is it per player killed or per boss, or per win or what?

ampere

Sorry, Yoshi... went to sleep right after I posted last night. I thought I had read on Wowhead's 10th anniversary guide that you were supposed to get another tabard with 10% exp but if you were max level, it would get applied to rep.

But now I don't see it.

Did I dream it? I thought it was supposed to have a new look too from the old anniversary tabards. I'm so confused. :|

No, it was there last night, but it's gone now.

Not sure if it was datamined and not actually implemented or what and they updated the guide.

The spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=150986
And celebration package: http://www.wowhead.com/item=107224
both exist in Wowhead's database so I think it exists. Probably. Not really a 'tabard' but a buff that has a tabard visual.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15354635534

Maybe they decided against it since the expac just came out.

StMeph

God damn it, am I stupid or what? Everytime I'm trying to farm honor in Ashran, horde (me) gets absolutely fucking demolished. What the fuck do I do?

Unless you mean you personally are being killed by players or NPCs while your group is still doing well, it sounds like your faction is on the losing side of Ashran on your server... which means it will never go well. Ashran is currently utterly lopsided, and which side wins varies by server, but it's pretty much a lost cause if you're on the losing side.

We clear Ashran in less than 9 minutes, and that includes the 2:30 reset timer. There's usually less than 3 or 4 Alliance on the other side that even bother to try. The rest is a Protoss Horde death ball. Resistance is futile.

No I mean, the entire fucking horde gets demolished... how are you supposed to get honor? Is it per player killed or per boss, or per win or what?

You have to clear to the enemy base and kill the NPC boss there. 625 Honor per win, 500 if you're not in the faction gates/don't get a tag on the boss(I think).

No, it was there last night, but it's gone now.

Not sure if it was datamined and not actually implemented or what and they updated the guide.

The spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=150986
And celebration package: http://www.wowhead.com/item=107224
both exist in Wowhead's database so I think it exists. Probably. Not really a 'tabard' but a buff that has a tabard visual.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15354635534

Maybe they decided against it since the expac just came out.
At least I wasn't losing my mind. Though it's a shame. They could have kept the 10% for a week only like it's been in the past. I would have been okay with that.

I lost my shit.
I laughed reading this. Nice unintentional moment.

Yoshichan

with the instance servers going down every 2 minutes, WoD is currently a piece of trash game and I'm better of playing Barbies Adventure 4: The Return of Batman

Fjordson

Does the Dwarven Bunker thing where you have an increased chance of quest rewards getting upgraded happen right away? Or is it something I unlock? Almost two levels now and it hasn't happened once =[

Almost 96 though. Gorgrond is such an awesome zone. Some interesting variety in landscapes and there's a ton of stuff to do everywhere.

Core Hound mount get!

Went pretty smoothly, actually.
Grats! One of the many reasons I'm itching to hit 100.

Top Bottom