• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Weapons. Shields.

Your logic is not following through, you're basing it on a maybe that stuff will drop that maybe your tank won't need.

Personalized loot is awesome, I don't know why they changed it instead of giving like 10 apexis crystals or 10 garrison resources or something.

Alex

While I think personalized loot is an outright better system I wouldn't be as annoyed by this if need before greed functioned like it used to. It doesn't, though, loot tables are designed around personal loot and the current priority system is broken when applied to those old rules. I'm seeing lots of reports of bugged out and awkward roll allowances.

It's nice that they're trying to be on top of things but this went really poor. Calling the hotfix kneejerk or thoughtless would, for a change, actually be very apt. Not sure how they consider this a solution unless the scheme is to just paint personal loot in a better light with 24 hours of pain.

Worst part of personal loot was it's implementation. I, nor the primary person I duo with, had no idea what was going on for awhile with loot (skipped Pandaria) and the game made no effort to teach a rather new-ish model to you. Honestly, give it a brief explanation, post toast notifications for the group on who got what and maybe some consolation prize kind of deal and things would be perfectly fine.

cdyhybrid

While I think personalized loot is an outright better system I wouldn't be as annoyed by this if need before greed functioned like it used to. It doesn't, though, loot tables are designed around personal loot and the current priority system is broken when applied to those old rules. I'm seeing lots of reports of bugged out and awkward roll allowances.

It's nice that they're trying to be on top of things but this went really poor. Calling the hotfix kneejerk or thoughtless would, for a change, actually be very apt. Not sure how they consider this a solution unless the scheme is to just paint personal loot in a better light with 24 hours of pain.

Worst part of personal loot was it's implementation. I, nor the primary person I duo with, had no idea what was going on for awhile with loot (skipped Pandaria) and the game made no effort to teach a rather new-ish model to you. Honestly, give it a brief explanation, post toast notifications for the group on who got what and maybe some consolation prize kind of deal and things would be perfectly fine.

You can see if anyone in your group got loot in your chat window ;)

Apt101

Personal loot was one of the best changes I came back to. Its removal is an incredible shame, as it was a vast, vast improvement over the old system. I hope Blizzard comes to their senses on this one.

antonz

If they intend to make need before greed the primary again they need to up the loot drops. On average at least 2 people got loot every boss with personal 3 pretty common. 1 drop per boss on normal system is just way too low with the bloated loot tables

Ultratech

Bah, I don't like the system reverting back to loot rolling. Unless bosses start dropping multiple rares. I hope I can convince the party to change to personal loot

Eh, I did a Heroic or two earlier today.

More or less back to how it was in the past; all bosses drop one piece of loot except the last boss who drops two.

First heroic dungeon I get in, we beat Grimrail Depot and I got both pieces of loot from the last boss as well as the legendary quest there done.

Also got the Image of Archmage Vargoth today! (I love how if you talk to him in your Garrison and you have the old staff, he starts talking about how it's out of date. lol)

cdyhybrid

This works a little better.

05ep5OI.jpg

TheYanger

The idiots that complained and made personal loot in randoms get reverted...I REALLY hope they get hit by fucking trains. Group loot is so ass backwards in these dungeons, hope you never wanted to see an upgrade again.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The idiots that complained and made personal loot in randoms get reverted...I REALLY hope they get hit by fucking trains. Group loot is so ass backwards in these dungeons, hope you never wanted to see an upgrade again.

I agree.

If I could ever get into a heroic. Did like 3 today in 4 hours, just sitting in queue watching TV.

Giggzy

Seems to be a pretty big uproar on the main forums about defaulting back to Need/Greed loot format. The complaints seem to be more about the loot table rather than not liking personal loot.

Hopefully they revert it back soon.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just hit 100 with a 609 ilvl and 2159 resources. Luckily I was in the middle of a quest, and got some clutch gloves putting me to 610. What ilvl did most people find themselves without a War Mill? It didn't proc on my proving ground weapon. :(

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm weirded out by the change for dungeon loot. My problem wasn't with the personal loot, but with the drop rate itself.

To be honest, I got gold from bosses more often than getting loot from them.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Really? Lame. They should do a vote and lock it at the start at least. I don't want to have to ask/argue about it in every dungeon.

Repo Man

I'd like to know who directed the cutscenes because for once they are fucking great. Hoping for more of those in the future.

I think they've been the work of a couple of guys who used to do WoW machinimas, Blizzard liked their stuff so much that they ended up hiring them dudes. It was mentioned in the Looking For Group documentary.

Shahadan

I think they've been the work of a couple of guys who used to do WoW machinimas, Blizzard liked their stuff so much that they ended up hiring them dudes. It was mentioned in the Looking For Group documentary.

Wow, even better then. Also kinda explains why we get to see ingame abilities used in cutscenes for once.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The personal loot shit seems so kneejerk. Like people whined about 'not getting my lootz rng gawds' and blizzard immediately changed it under pressure. Now they're just going to deal with people complaining the other way around.

Shahadan

They probably want to keep their 10 millions subscribers and are afraid of making new/returning people leave because they felt new system was worse.
They listen, but they listen the wrong people.

That or their numbers indicated people gearing too quickly, I don't know.

Also I'm suprised they caved so quickly about the garrisons ressources being now awarded for doing a dungeon. I thought they were gonna wait at least for the next patch.

Apt101

They probably want to keep their 10 millions subscribers and are afraid of making new/returning people leave because they felt new system was worse.
They listen, but they listen the wrong people.

That or their numbers indicated people gearing too quickly, I don't know.

Also I'm suprised they caved so quickly about the garrisons ressources being now awarded for doing a dungeon. I thought they were gonna wait at least for the next patch.

I could definitely see Blizzard being concerned that slow garrison resource gains would disengage many players from that content.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I could definitely see Blizzard being concerned that slow garrison resource gains would disengage many players from that content.

Agree with Apt. A lot of content is based around your garrisons, not being able to do what you want with it in a reasonable time frame could turn players off.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
My first heroic had a bunch of agilty gear I rolled need on an won as a DK. Got to get that no loot gold some how. /s

Just DEed all my quest greens on my 85 enchanter. Love that.

Apt101

I just did the Battle for Shattrath. took the portal back to Voljin's Pride and...nothing. Where's the next leg of the quest?

Reach level 94 (if you're not already) and make sure you do all of the quests that involve your garrison. Eventually a quest should open up sending you elsewhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait dungeons had personal loot now? like for blues? o_O

(I havent played Warlords yet)

Tried a little bit on my lvl47 priest the other day, I've either forgot to check my talents or something has changed as my healing was lower. However, the tank was "HEALER?!" every time they took damage. I'm not sure what they were expecting, considering they weren't really geared up for tanking. I guess the norm is they can faceroll through ZF with the healer propping the health bar up.

The tank decided to type a lot of abuse and then left.

That's the WoW I remember.

Logged on for my corgi and the 'chieve. Nothing else was in my inbox... guess the rep tabard shows up in the morning?

Glad this event goes the whole month though. I still have a lot of leveling and gear to get before MC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Logged on for my corgi and the 'chieve. Nothing else was in my inbox... guess the rep tabard shows up in the morning?

Glad this event goes the whole month though. I still have a lot of leveling and gear to get before MC.
Rep tabard? For whom?

Back to Need/Greed. Really Blizz?

I love all the complaints on the forums. Hope they backtrack on their backtrack.

Personal loot in randoms was great, no ninjaing or complaining.

Westlo

Tried a little bit on my lvl47 priest the other day, I've either forgot to check my talents or something has changed as my healing was lower. However, the tank was "HEALER?!" every time they took damage. I'm not sure what they were expecting, considering they weren't really geared up for tanking. I guess the norm is they can faceroll through ZF with the healer propping the health bar up.

The tank decided to type a lot of abuse and then left.

That's the WoW I remember.

healing low level dungeons is boring as shit as a healer. like the tbc ones I don't even have to heal on bosses and just join in with smites or whatever since they go down so fast.

Play a druid, cast hots, look @ tv, cast hots

Nugg

What were the initial complaints about? I can't understand how anyone would find an issue in personal loot.

It's the illusion that nothing drops from a boss that gets to some people. It's so dumb I can't even begin to comprehend why they would backtrack so fast. It's been a fucking week, most people I know haven't even done a dungeon yet

Enjoy getting something from bosses with 50 item loot tables. See Orebender Gor'ashan in UBRS. He has a 50 item loot table on Heroic. There's a 1/50 chance an item drops, and then you still need to compete for it. Really? With personal loot atleast it was only rolling for class specific gear.

And poor gladiators rolling on the same gear as tanks, they'll get hated on.

Robin64

Personal Loot was the best thing to happen to dungeons. Really disappointing to see it reverted back to the old method. Time to lose dice rolls!

Top Bottom