• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Apt101

Paladins can get drops in Ashran that temporarily grant them an ability to stun an opponent. If they remained stunned for 6 seconds they're teleported to a jail Stormshield/whatever the Horde equivalent is. It is hilarious. The person must fight their way out of prison and precariously make their way back, or hearthstone. I always use it on the most beat-ass Horde player, or one that has just annoyed me.

Robin64

Paladins can get drops in Ashran that temporarily grant them an ability to stun an opponent. If they remained stunned for 6 seconds they're teleported to a jail Stormshield/whatever the Horde equivalent is. It is hilarious. The person must fight their way out of prison and precariously make their way back, or hearthstone. I always use it on the most beat-ass Horde player, or one that has just annoyed me.

I love that ability to death. I usually stun them with my normal stun first, watch them use something to break out of it, then hit them with the jailer stun. Woops, off you go!

Kard8p3

Fuck me; I have a huge urge to play this now. I played for a few weeks back in my senior year of HS when Pandaria came out cause my friends wanted me to. Never stuck with it though..

Apt101

I love that ability to death. I usually stun them with my normal stun first, watch them use something to break out of it, then hit them with the jailer stun. Woops, off you go!

Yea, same. Or I wait for someone else to try to CC them. Ever had someone come back after you with a vengeance? There was this hunter with some stupid name that was a combination of words, like "hunterplay" or some such. I sent him to jail because he kept pestering me with his pet. He came back and I could tell he was furious, taking big risks to approach front lines, dumping all of his cool downs on me (which I would just bubble up in response to). I ended up killing him around ten times and looting two racial items, both of which lead to upgrades. I kind of ruined his day, I suppose, but hey. Stop siccing your damn pet on me!

Robin64

Really? What were they thinking not having loot. What's the ilvl req?

Well it's not quite that bad, but it can be lengthy (seen 4 hours thrown around) and it's harder than a typical LFR. Tanks will likely die with more than two trash mobs on them.

The ilvl requirement is 615.

daedalius

Shadowmoon is a gorgeous zone. Damn.

Also that intro quest line? Why do I ever stop playing this game? Hope I can hit 100 and do MC before it's gone.

StayDead

What UI is this? Or what Addons if you built it yourself? I love the standard look, but kept minimally like you have it here.

I use nMainBar for my action bars, grid for healing with decursiv and for frames (aka mine and targets) I use default, but want something to replace them as they keep resetting position.

I use quartz as my cast bar.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ashran on my server is retarded. I just got 6 pieces of gear in an hour or so. Back to back wins, 0 Alliance. I'm at ilvl 615 now and I dinged 4 hours ago. Time for some Molten Core.

Edit: On Golemagg. They progressed this far, so I'm sure I can kill Rag.

Edit 2: Apparently everyone got kicked out of MC...

cdyhybrid

Core Hound mount get!

Went pretty smoothly, actually.

WCV49my.jpg

KAP151

After almost 3 hours of nothing but rage inducing moments, Blizzard in their INFINITE wisdom decides to reset the whole MC instance for literally thousands of people with NO warning.

We were at the tunnel to Rag. Minutes away from never having to touch that god forsaken hell hole again... and now nothing to show for it but a repair bill.

Happy Anniversary!

Kangi

Not even ilvl 630 and endless wave 30 proving grounds was a pushover. Will probably be able to beat my wave 60 record later on.

Siiiigh. 3 bosses left in Molten Core, whole raid gets kicked, everyone doing a dungeon gets kicked. Nothing to show for it except repair bills.

Now I can do this 1,5 hour wipefest all over again.

So much fuuuuun.

I hope the section where all the hounds have to be dead at the same time causes many arguments.

LET HOUNDS DESPAWN. LET THEM DESPAWN. NO DON'T ATTACK THE OTHER HOUNDS....NOOOO!!!!!!

And had a Warlock just doing a Leeroy and running into a shitload of adds and whiping the raid. He claimed he alt-tabbed and suddenly ran forward. Uhuh. He was swiftly dealed with.

Then the whole raid and everyone doing a dungeon was kicked out :)

Magnus

My slacking ways have caught up with me. I need to haul ass and get to 615 today, up from 604. Shit.

What's the most expedient way of doing that?

Apt101

It is so weird having MC as current content again. :p

Yea, I thought I was done with that place. So many late nights cleansing and re-casting buffs like a maniac back in the day. I craft my engineer helm in about 10 minutes. That will put me over 615 so long as the random enchants are useful and I can replace my helm. I'd like to have a greater amount before trying, but I want to give it a shot prior to running heroics. It should make them seem like a blessing in comparison.

Edit: well, the goggles were a big upgrade over my previous helm (610), with crit and haste. I wish it was crit and mastery instead, but I can deal. I can stick with my PvP helm while in BG's and Ashran for now, since the set bonus is nice. I'll just use these for PvE. Look dope too.

My slacking ways have caught up with me. I need to haul ass and get to 615 today, up from 604. Shit.

What's the most expedient way of doing that?

Ashran. Depending upon luck of the drops, how many side activities you can win, and overall Ashran victories, it could be as little as an hour (reported here and in-game by people) to about three or four (for me).

Karl Hawk

Banned
Hmm, I just got a plate leg loot from UBRS run recently and got a 592 ilvl boots that got me to ilvl 612 just now.

While I still have some problems with need-before-greed, and please don't kill me for saying this, but I think personal loot would be better if they upped the drop rate a little bit.

A man can only handle getting gold from bosses for so long. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That was an.... experience. Joined a group before Golmeag that seemed to be doing well, then blizzard kicked everyone. All my other groups were clusterfucks and troll/completed instances.

The biggest issue was people not waiting for trash to be cleared and getting too close to the bosses. How has that not been helped with heroics and two expansions worth of LFR? The bosses themselves were tank and spank, excluding shazzrah maybe.

Guesong

Hmm, I just got a plate leg loot from UBRS run recently and got a 592 ilvl boots that got me to ilvl 612 just now.

While I still have some problems with need-before-greed, and please don't kill me for saying this, but I think personal loot would be better if they upped the drop rate a little bit.

A man can only handle getting gold from bosses for so long. :p

You are getting more loot with personal loot. Bad streaks happen but overall you were much better off for it.

Not to mention that with all the gear having secondary stats for off-spec on it, enjoy having to roll against much more players than before. An AGI Leather piece dropped? Well golly gee, the Resto Druid and Mistweaver Monk also want a piece of that, because it's INT for them! You're not only running against Rogues, Feral, Guardian, and Windwalker.

As a friend mentioned to me yesterday, the problem would be solved if Blizzard just made the same pop-ups as in LFR when using Personal Loots. People would feel gratified by beating a boss same way as LFR. Would solve many "issues".

Hmm, I have 19 hours left of game time. Will the free 5 days kick in when it expires? I'm actually going on a week-long trip next next weekend so it would be perfect to get the 5days and then not have to pay for the week that I'll be away.

Bizazedo

I am paranoid that by the time I hit 100 and get to 615 ilvl by Saturday, MC will be dead / no one doing it. Is this irrational?

Damn me for waiting four days after launch to even start up WoD.

As an aside, Megatron being the voice of the Arrakoa dude was awesome.

Apt101

I am paranoid that by the time I hit 100 and get to 615 ilvl by Saturday, MC will be dead / no one doing it. Is this irrational?

Damn me for waiting four days after launch to even start up WoD.

As an aside, Megatron being the voice of the Arrakoa dude was awesome.

Anecdotally, people have been complaining about the requirements in trade and general on my server, so I am guessing many have not yet geared up - so it should be a healthy queue for a while yet. Blizzard could still add more rewards too.

Hit 610 last night on my Holy Paladin and ran my first heroic dungeon. We actually never wiped, which was pretty cool. I'm actually starting to get used to HPally healing and don't find it nearly as bad as some people elsewhere have been complaining.

ampere

I can't believe they brought back Group Loot for randoms. Insane decision that has 0 logic behind it. Was a vocal minority complaining or something? At least there is overwhelming feedback that it was a bad decision and they are aware people are upset.

I did a random after the change and as a tank I could need on a healing trinket, which I didn't, but that's stupid. And the Bonus Armor ring that dropped on the last boss was won by a Hunter. Yup a Hunter was able to Need roll a Bonus Armor ring.

Group Loot is utter shit and super outdated. Unbelievable.

Lucky. I'm at something stupid like 300 - 400 kills, no mount.

Robin64

Yeah, so many people complaining about losing personal loot. Who was moaning about this? Blizz say it was substantial feedback from players that personal loot was bad, but I never saw any.

Entropia

No One Remembers
With the way that loot is now done up, it makes absolutely no sense to go back to Need Before Greed in dungeons.

Example: I have an item that has haste/mastery. The same item drops but it has a gem socket and leech on it, then yeah I'd take it. But I could potentially fuck over someone who is using a weaker item. With personal loot, I could get it without any guilt and that other person could potentially get an upgrade for themselves.

Statistically speaking, more people should be getting gear with the personal loot system, and as I said above with this new way that loot works it's not a bad thing.

Giggzy

I think what was mentioned earlier is a good idea. They should have the same pop-up animation as they have for LFR when you beat a boss. Maybe even allow garrison resources to be used as an extra roll, or something of that nature.

They also need to make it more known that you can change your loot specialization by right clicking on your portrait. My personal experience shows that there's a decent amount of people who aren't aware that exists, even though it has been around for awhile now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Personal loot was pretty bad, because the droprates sucked. This is probably worse, because bosses have HUGE loot tables now.

ampere

Well it tends to balance out, law of large numbers style.

Sure if you run one dungeon you can be unlucky and get no loot, and if you never run another dungeon because of that disappointment, then yes you never will get any loot.

But I've had dungeons on the other side of the coin too, where I get loot on 3 / 4 bosses. And it's always something I can use, though there are some bugs with Hunters getting Spirit loot, etc.

Maybe they need to have every boss drop some Apexis Crystals or Garrison Resources so it feels better. Or more gold. Or better bad luck protection. But not the return of Group Loot.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Personal loot was pretty bad, because the droprates sucked. This is probably worse, because bosses have HUGE loot tables now.

I never downed a single boss where I didn't see multiple people get loot from it, so I am gonna have to say that the droprates were infinitely better than need/greed.

Top Bottom