• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

idlewild_

2 salvage out of 30 missions today, this is literally going to take months for people who can't remote in like I can. It's really weird too since I've had 53 pieces opened in 215 missions. Either they stealth-nerfed the drop rate or I'm on an epic cold streak.

cdyhybrid

2 salvage out of 30 missions today, this is literally going to take months for people who can't remote in like I can. It's really weird too since I've had 53 pieces opened in 215 missions. Either they stealth-nerfed the drop rate or I'm on an epic cold streak.

You're probably just unlucky, I got 4 crates off of 8 completed missions when I logged in this morning.

Oh c'mon now. Sure, Shamans are not as good as they should be right now, but by no means are you bringing anybody down by playing one.

Play what you enjoy to play. A good Enh will still kill any random who rolled Paladin because FOTM or something. Plus, you bring buffs, you bring Bloodlust, you bring emergency healing in a new difficult dungeon environment, you bring utility. I'd love having an Enh Shaman who can fully utilize his or her arsenal in my party!
No. Other classes already do what we do but better. There is no reason to bring us along. A lot of our mechanics are borderline absurd with a very high clip rate compared to every other class to perform at optimal levels and we still get trounced. In a PVP setting we are even worse off. I might just go play my Priest until dust settles but we've been in need of an overhaul and haven't gotten one. Blizz even fucked up pruning. Unleash should have been a prime target for bloat but they took what already sucked and made it suck more.

There's little sense to be derived from Shaman's current state for all 3 specs, IMO. One spec is overly involved with zero payoff for the work, another is relatively simple with even less payoff and the third is flat out done better by anyone that can paste green numbers. A bit more pruning and consolidation needed to be done.

Just look at their past history. At one point wolves was a DPS cooldown, then nerfed. Then Blizz decides we need another, then nerfs. Then blizz gives us a 3rd, then removes. Then blizz takes another cooldown to Nerf status. Then gives a 5th that is also lackluster. That's without mentioning the clusterfuck of old mechanics like searing flames. The class gets very little actual attention. There is no stripping of clay to reveal a true form, just adding and constantly reshaping it into something unrecognizable and overly clunky.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ilvl 636 from this heroic boss... called "Heroic Warforged".

What is it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And value-wise, a sock is the best "roll" an item can get, right?

Robin64

And value-wise, a sock is the best "roll" an item can get, right?

You can get all three augmentations. Unlikely to though!

Gear Augmentations

There are three ways players can get better-than-expected stats for a particular item--higher ilvl (similar to current Warforged), an additional gem socket, and the presence of a bonus tertiary stat. It will take a while to farm up a complete "set" and may not be on every piece of gear.

Warforged-inspired gear works much in the same way as it does currently--the item will have a slightly higher level.

Extra sockets: sockets will be used much more sparingly in Warlords.

Tertiary stats: Movement Speed (Increases your movement speed), Indestructible (Causes the item to not take durability damage), Leech (Causes you to be healed for a portion of all damage and healing done), Avoidance (Reduces your damage taken from area-of-effect attacks). We already saw some of this with Siege of Orgrimmar trinkets like Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal for Lifesteal and Frenzied Crystal of Rage for Cleave. These are also considered bonus stats and aren't part of an item's regular stat budget. Cleave is currently on items but may not make it to live, as per this tweet from Celestalon.

It will be very rare to get an item that has all three augmentations at once.

From http://www.wowhead.com/news=238770/guide-to-item-changes-in-warlords-of-draenor

Yoshichan

Excellent info and unexpected move by Blizzard!

Yeah. I've gotten two Heroic WF items so far, and my first one hander has a prismatic slot.

I can't get a second one hander to drop for the life of me, however...

Yoshichan

So I did the legendary heroic missions from Khadgar and the reward was... all gold.

Is it pre-req for the legendary ring or whatever that I get once I obtain 5k Apexis crystals?

Bizazedo

Spires of Arak spoiler:
wtf RIP Admiral Taylor :(

Is it as out of nowhere if you're playing on the Alliance side? I know I was caught off-guard as Horde. Granted, as Horde, I was only dimly aware of Yrel existing, so tthe cutscene for Shattrath was also kind of.... "Who is this?"

Also, I was disappointed
Orgrim Doomhammer got killed so fast
. It made sense, kind of, given the "real" timeline, to flip it on its head....

....but still.

Yoshichan

Your ring will turn into a 680 one. Just have to do one quest at Nagrand.
Huh? Where does the Nagrand quest start? I just finished all (4) heroic quests and nothing else showed up from Khadgar.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Huh? Where does the Nagrand quest start? I just finished all (4) heroic quests and nothing else showed up from Khadgar.

You need to finish the Apexis quest "Draenor's Secret Power" as well. Then the chain continues.

Yoshichan

You need to finish the Apexis quest "Draenor's Secret Power" as well. Then the chain continues.

Right! Tomorrow then! :D Thanks all!

Robin64

Southshore vs Tarren Mill is the most boring battleground I have ever been in. It was a line of Alliance standing facing a line of Horde all casting AoE spells on each other. As a melee class, there was nothing I could do. Piece of shit event.

Southshore vs Tarren Mill is the most boring battleground I have ever been in. It was a line of Alliance standing facing a line of Horde all casting AoE spells on each other. As a melee class, there was nothing I could do. Piece of shit event.

Sounds like old fashioned world pvp to me.

which is what the BG is, I thought.

Robin64

Sounds like old fashioned world pvp to me.

which is what the BG is, I thought.

I remember it was always back and forth a lot more, not two lines facing each other smack-bang in the middle. There's no incentive to push. Not that there was before, but we did it to "invade" the other town, as far as the game would allow us to do that.

Shahadan

Wow I didn't know the choice you make for your outpost changes thing THAT much o_o
Like half my Gorgrond experience was completely different in terms of quests and storyline.
That's really great.

What happened? They used to make meaningless choices changing 3 quests at most. :p

idlewild_

You're probably just unlucky, I got 4 crates off of 8 completed missions when I logged in this morning.

I've done 60-70 missions between yesterday and today and have gotten 5 crates. The previous 150 missions netted me ~45-50.

It probably is just a cold streak, but damn if it's not incredibly frustrating.

Yoshichan

Mother of god. Going from resto druid ilvl 610 to 623 made the worlds difference. Suddenly I feel as OP as I did mid-MoP.

How are healers doing? I haven't gotten the gear to try out healing on my ret pally for dungeons.

I have an 85 druid and 85 priest in the wings that I was intending on having heal.

What's feeling good atm for dungeon healing? Everything?

Mothman91

How are healers doing? I haven't gotten the gear to try out healing on my ret pally for dungeons.

I have an 85 druid and 85 priest in the wings that I was intending on having heal.

Healing is very tough. Healing heroics, some trash I have to spam flash heal just to keep the tank up without him dropping to 10% within 5 seconds. I switched to Holy from Disc though, but I don't think that's the problem. Don't know how other healers are doing, but healing is definitely a bit of a challenge now.

lazygecko

Healing is very tough. Healing heroics, some trash I have to spam flash heal just to keep the tank up without him dropping to 10% within 5 seconds. I switched to Holy from Disc though, but I don't think that's the problem. Don't know how other healers are doing, but healing is definitely a bit of a challenge now.

You have to convince your group to take the time to CC trash before pulls to take pressure off.

Yoshichan

List of WoD gems please

The only time I've seen healers struggle in 5-mans is the first boss of Everbloom on heroic because add control is really difficult if you don't phase the boss properly.

Besides that it's not too bad. You can get to pretty low health and stay alive in a lot of heroic encounters.

Haven't done CMs yet. I assume that's a new level of hell with all the goddamn AOE flying around in every single dungeon.

Yoshichan

HOTFIX IS LIVE! (NA region)

Apt101

Thank goodness, I'm getting Sha'tari Defense reputation again when I do my daily Shattrath quest. Encourages me a bit more to slog through it.

I feel the garrison resource strain kicking in. I have my trading post, engineering works, inn, mine, fishing shack, and herb garden to level 2. I keep my trading post filled with work orders and have hunted many rares, but I never seem to have enough. I really want both stables and barracks to level 2, but they're 900. I always flucuate between 100 and about 350. I guess I'll have to run dungeons. After this weekend my projects at work will be done and I have a week off, going to play WoW way too much (just like the old days) and see I can't upgrade a few more buildings and get several of my followers to 100.

Yoshichan

Guaranteed loot from final boss = INSANE. Two upgrades so far.

Thank goodness, I'm getting Sha'tari Defense reputation again when I do my daily Shattrath quest. Encourages me a bit more to slog through it.

I feel the garrison resource strain kicking in. I have my trading post, engineering works, inn, mine, fishing shack, and herb garden to level 2. I keep my trading post filled with work orders and have hunted many rares, but I never seem to have enough. I really want both stables and barracks to level 2, but they're 900. I always flucuate between 100 and about 350. I guess I'll have to run dungeons. After this weekend my projects at work will be done and I have a week off, going to play WoW way too much (just like the old days) and see I can't upgrade a few more buildings and get several of my followers to 100.

I'm going to spend some time this weekend looting the remaining treasures I haven't unearthed yet. I've got spires of arak and nagrand to go and then the dark times begin since I'll have to grind out the rest the slow way. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
just luck. Gear can have several special options now.

Warforged which boosts its ilvl around 6 points
Prismatic Slot which is a gem slot
or
Additional stat such as leech or speed

It can have all 3 of those things too. I saw a warforged bracer with speed and a socket on it drop last night.

Yoshichan

Wow, I just got an item with an additional suffix and a socket. That's 2/3

Top Bottom