• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Would it be safe to assume they are going to just disable ashran for a while until it's fixed? Right now for the winning side of the server it is just crazy how fast you can get your mid tier pvp gear. And for the losing side of it, well, its just pointless.

lazygecko

Would it be safe to assume they are going to just disable ashran for a while until it's fixed? Right now for the winning side of the server it is just crazy how fast you can get your mid tier pvp gear. And for the losing side of it, well, its just pointless.

On the contrary, they just hotfixed it to make things even worse (Max 150 players instead of 100, which tips the scales even further towards the more heavily populated side).

I can't do dungeons or raids because of the kick/disband bug. Can't do Ashran because I just end up getting graveyard camped 24/7. Doing solo stuff on my shaman is sluggish and frustrating as hell because of the screwed up tuning. It's so disheartening that an otherwise amazing expansion is offset by such severe problems.

Ahh, I see some people on the US forums are complaining about dungeon/MC groups suddenly disbanding as well.

Honestly, on my server and other European servers, you can't run dungeons/MC, since the beginning of the day. You can just get randomly kicked out. I want to do heroics :(

Atleast Blizzard is on it. Hope it's fixed by tomorrow.

The buff from the artifacts in Ashran really needs to get nerfed as is a huge problem when the winning side uses it to maintain momentum and base camp 24/7. It should be a one-time use item and the duration should be equivalent to heroism with an equivalent debuff to keep it from being used over and over in a fight.

Besides that leave Ashran alone, right now it's just people farming gear, once they have it for the start of the pvp season we'll have a clearer picture of broader balance problems.

Robin64

The fucking Alliance tree in Ashran...

You spend a good 5 minutes dpsing the SHIT out of it, going all out, getting it to maybe 80%.. and then the Alliance get it to full health INSTANTLY. Pointless.

Most of the time our rock guy just stands in our base like an idiot, too.

StMeph

Besides that leave Ashran alone, right now it's just people farming gear, once they have it for the start of the pvp season we'll have a clearer picture of broader balance problems.

This is the biggest testing pool you're ever going to get. People that would otherwise never go in are going for the PvP gear for ilevel boosting. This is revealing all of Ashran's warts and issues, and they should be fixed as quickly as possible.

Ashran is Alterac Valley writ small, streamlined to a faster-more-linear map. The explosive buffs are related to its short match window, only, unlike AV, Ashran resets itself and continues on repeat with the same participants so that after one side wins, it's incentivized to STAY and keep ravaging the enemy base again and again until it's satisfied.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Holy fucking shit, Herb prices down to 2g-5g per unit.

What in the almighty fuck?

Hixx

Ok how do you get to lvl 2 profession building before hitting lvl 96?

Either go to Ashran and find the blueprint seller there and use one of the tokens you get from questing, or talk to one of the guys in your town hall who sells the plans for gold.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
lots of people with lvl 96+ main and alts, so we got more herbs in the market

They were holding steady on my server at 9-10g yesterday.

Alts, I can understand, but everyone's alt suddenly dumping into the system today? I'm guess the weekend is compounding onto the deflation.

Welp, there goes 20k down the drain.

lazygecko

Everyone getting access to herbs and ores through their baseline garrison is going to dilute the fuck out of the market for those mats.

Bizazedo

Herbs and ore are plentiful. Hosanna.

The amount of ore I'm pulling in from the garrison / just mining normally is a bit mind boggling, to be honest. It's enough to seriously get me to think about dumping the 700 mining and picking up something else, almost, especially as prices dive.

Interfectum

The amount of ore I'm pulling in from the garrison / just mining normally is a bit mind boggling, to be honest. It's enough to seriously get me to think about dumping the 700 mining and picking up something else, almost, especially as prices dive.

If you dump your mining you can only mine the new ore though, right?

Peachpies

they are switching default loot mode back to personal, but with 100% drop chance from last boss. Last boss will also drop 3 items now if its on a group loot setting. What a well thought out change that was. I think it would be better if they gave a general drop rate increase instead of just a guaranteed item from the last boss.

Guesong

Yeah, price for ore and herbs have plummeted on my server as well.

I mean this is nice. I can finally level any professions on any alt without being burdened by the cost of mats.

But I do feel like this will destroy the economy, somewhat.

they are switching default loot mode back to personal, but with 100% drop chance from last boss. Last boss will also drop 3 items now if its on a group loot setting. What a well thought out change that was. I think it would be better if they gave a general drop rate increase instead of just a guaranteed item from the last boss.

OOOHHH...source pls?

Robin64

Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.

With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

Yeah!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK YES

NEW CHANGE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Really curious why they changed it suddenly in the first place. I mean has anyone seen major complaints about personal loot? Obviously the backlash is massive going back to need/greed.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dude just today I came up with an idea that if you had no loot in the dungeon, the final boss would drop a random item from the loot tables of all the bosses... is Blzz reading my mind???

StayDead

The fucking Alliance tree in Ashran...

You spend a good 5 minutes dpsing the SHIT out of it, going all out, getting it to maybe 80%.. and then the Alliance get it to full health INSTANTLY. Pointless.

Most of the time our rock guy just stands in our base like an idiot, too.

The tree on my server is bugged as hell. It gets to the center, leaves slightlly then evade bugs back to the center again so it's impossible to break the bridge.

Mulberry

It was super unsatisfactory to run several dungeons in a row and see no loot drop. I didn't care about going back in there if there was no reward beyond a few gold for wasting my time. Getting something will at least keep me coming back.

elemental shaman is really at a bad place ( heard enhancement is pretty bad too)

At least I got resto... right?
Enh is. Sucks since its my main. I think I've had it with this class. Horrible since I enjoy the play style and this is my only toon with max'd profeseions but we now hit like wet noodles and our utility is sub par. Other than a sweet looking Orc and transmog I have almost no reason to play him. I'm not a min/max guy but I don't want to bring groups down, either. I might give pallies a shot but I don't really dig them. Can't go Rogue since its not my style. Never got into my warrior. I might stick with him just let cause I think the style is fine, but if there's any class that needs a complete overhaul its us. I believe that boat has sailed.

vocab

n70w3Ef.png

lfr scrublordlowtiergod

Robin64

What's the dps meter addon to get? I don't want anything intrusive, just something where I can type /dps or something and get meters.

Guesong

Enh is. Sucks since its my main. I think I've had it with this class. Horrible since I enjoy the play style and this is my only toon with max'd profeseions but we now hit like wet noodles and our utility is sub par. Other than a sweet looking Orc and transmog I have almost no reason to play him. I'm not a min/max guy but I don't want to bring groups down, either. I might give pallies a shot but I don't really dig them. Can't go Rogue since its not my style. Never got into my warrior. I might stick with him just let cause I think the style is fine, but if there's any class that needs a complete overhaul its us. I believe that boat has sailed.

Oh c'mon now. Sure, Shamans are not as good as they should be right now, but by no means are you bringing anybody down by playing one.

Play what you enjoy to play. A good Enh will still kill any random who rolled Paladin because FOTM or something. Plus, you bring buffs, you bring Bloodlust, you bring emergency healing in a new difficult dungeon environment, you bring utility. I'd love having an Enh Shaman who can fully utilize his or her arsenal in my party!

vocab

Oh c'mon now. Sure, Shamans are not as good as they should be right now, but by no means are you bringing anybody down by playing one.

Play what you enjoy to play. A good Enh will still kill any random who rolled Paladin because FOTM or something. Plus, you bring buffs, you bring Bloodlust, you bring emergency healing in a new difficult dungeon environment, you bring utility. I'd love having an Enh Shaman who can fully utilize his or her arsenal in my party!

Our off healing is neutered down to nothing, and lust? Get real. Hunters and mage can do that. None of our utility is good in a raid setting.

Healing stream totem, and healing rain help sure, but the numbers are low as hell. A feral druid can off heal better than dps shamans.

Lucis

Time to go resto ;) that instant queue

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What's the dps meter addon to get? I don't want anything intrusive, just something where I can type /dps or something and get meters.

A few people are going to tell you Skada, but last night I found out it isn't tracking certain things, and in Everbloom i was trying to figure out who was interrupting the boss and wiping us, but Skada doesn't track what abilities are interrupted, just that an interrupt was used.

Recount. Use recount, even if you don't want that info now, maybe one day you will, so it'll be nice to have and be used to it over Skada.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IpHEiAe.png

Was this a GAFer?

vehn

Is MC supposed to be in group finder -> Raid finder? I'm at 617 ilvl, and am not seeing it there. Also when I go to regular dungeon finder, it says everything is locked and when I hover over it, it says "You have no valid roles" - but I have heal / dps selected. I think I'm bugged. . .

Peachpies

Is MC supposed to be in group finder -> Raid finder? I'm at 617 ilvl, and am not seeing it there. Also when I go to regular dungeon finder, it says everything is locked and when I hover over it, it says "You have no valid roles" - but I have heal / dps selected. I think I'm bugged. . .
you cant queue from ashran

StayDead

My first major complaint about WoD is that the only PvP vendor is in the battleground part of Ashran. I've been in the "queue" waiting to go in for about 15 minutes.

Top Bottom