• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

Full Heroic or better now. Up to 635. What's the suggested iLvl for starting Normal Highmaul? Really buckling down on my garrison buildings, really close to Salvage Yard level 3, which can yield player gear. Plus, starting to really get some geared followers up, which can also get me gear.

Also pretty close to crafting my first Truesteel piece as well.

Peachpies

Full Heroic or better now. Up to 635. What's the suggested iLvl for starting Normal Highmaul? Really buckling down on my garrison buildings, really close to Salvage Yard level 3, which can yield player gear. Plus, starting to really get some geared followers up, which can also get me gear.

Also pretty close to crafting my first Truesteel piece as well.
530 will be enough for normal highmaul

Knox

Did MC with 23/40 guild group. We got to run the raid and kept everything pretty organized. Our raid leader was old school and knew everything about MC. Still took us 2 hours. I can't imagine trying to pug this. Glad I got my loot and am done with it.

NeoCross

What the hell lmao

Slight Talador spoilers
I just was headed to talk to this NPC who had a quest for me in a forest and as I was approaching she blew the fuck up. Her entire camp was gone and just her boots remained (and they were lootable as a toy). LOL wtf.

I literally said WTF out loud on that one.

Did MC with 23/40 guild group. We got to run the raid and kept everything pretty organized. Our raid leader was old school and knew everything about MC. Still took us 2 hours. I can't imagine trying to pug this. Glad I got my loot and am done with it.

Bbbut the pet and weapon enchant!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, old MC is truly hell. Even running it with a partial group that carries everyone else it's just so boring to go through.

CassSept

Oh shoot, was that
the giant laser tower?
That thing is brutal.

No no, what you're talking about happens
in Spires of Arak and actually made me feel quite... uneasy

What's he talking about is in Talador
and is actually somewhat funny. It's at the start of Shatt chain, you see a quest giver camp on the horizon and when you approach it the entire camp is blown up by iron star, leaving only Deceptia's Smoldering Boots toy behind. It's morbid, but it's hilarious in how abrupt it is

So use to MoP heroics taking ~10 minutes. Grinding heroics now with 612iLvl is so slow. Though I guess towards the end of any expansion the run time would have come down heaps.

Apt101

So use to MoP heroics taking ~10 minutes. Grinding heroics now with 612iLvl is so slow. Though I guess towards the end of any expansion the run time would have come down heaps.

By the time Wrath was drawing to a close it felt like you didn't stop, just running through hammering buttons until it was over shortly after starting. It wasn't uncommon for the tank to zone in and immediately take off running for the first pull (or two).

daedalius

By the time Wrath was drawing to a close it felt like you didn't stop, just running through hammering buttons until it was over shortly after starting. It wasn't uncommon for the tank to zone in and immediately take off running for the first pull (or two).

My wife would queue as a tank on her paladin healer, and I would queue as a healer and tank with my enhancement shaman at the end of WotLK :)

On my new warrior it felt a lot like this through all the vanilla dungeons, but for some reason I started getting hit really hard come BC.

strafer

I just know Blizzard is going to cave on the whole no flying and add it in a patch or two.

That will end up ruining this expansion.

lazygecko

If you try this, it'll disable the ability to rez/talk with Leeroy.

When I did it with a group last night, first we ressed Leeroy, then he went into his chicken eating phase which didn't seem timed at all, and we had more than enough time to clear all the way up to Son of the Beast. Then one of us ran all the way back to Leeroy, talked to him to which triggered him running all the way up there with no obstacles at all in the way, and we got the achievement.

Man, old MC is truly hell. Even running it with a partial group that carries everyone else it's just so boring to go through.

I always thought this instance wasn't particularly impressive compared to other places Blizzard made for vanilla. Then I finally heard in the documentary that they made Molten Core in a week. No wonder.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I like Molten Core but as someone who joined 1 month into TBC I always wanted to experience old Naxx ;_;

Old Naxx was great because of guilds like DnT/DV/Nihilum racing to get world firsts. 4 horsemen were such a big deal. I was in conquest at the time so it has fond memories for me. If you did naxx in wotlk though there ya basically go.

StayDead

I just know Blizzard is going to cave on the whole no flying and add it in a patch or two.

That will end up ruining this expansion.

Ruining it? Why would it ruin it?

Unlike before where world resource nodes were the most important thing you don't need to go flying to easily gather materials anymore. This time more than any other you can actually choose not to fly and not be at a disadvantage.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Everything is special at the time it's relevant. 10 years from now someone will wish they had seen what a shit show garrisons were like when introduced, because they'll be in player made cities cruising on their hoverboard.

CassSept

They re visited naxx in wotlk, did you not get a chance to try it out then? Or you mean the 40 man one?

Sure, the bosses used similar abilities and the place itself was the same, but they were nothing alike. Original Naxx was this tough-as-nails raid with insane requirements that was really really challenging and only the best guilds managed to clear it.

WotLK Naxx was a joke that people rolled over with alts in less than a month after release that probably remains the easiest raid ever released by Blizzard.

Any reason to craft a profession gear piece instead of another besides replacing the lowest ilvl piece? and feet slot is part of the tier now, right?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't craft anything early on Blacksmithing.... everything sold by the blacksmith in my Garrison seems to cost 100 Truesteel Ingot, i mean wtf?

Where can i buy this recipe for example? Wowhead said this NPC sell the recipe, but she doesn't!
http://www.wowhead.com/item=116727

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any way of skipping the garrison mission complete animations?

Apt101

Leveling followers up is getting to be a pain. Well, that's a strong word, because I'm not really angry or anything about it. An annoyance. And my level 2 inn gave me a level 90 green character. Yay. My lowest and weakest character yet, with no beneficial traits. I suppose this is just another RNG one has to deal with.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL at this daily I just got in my garrison!

Mighty Zoo Lock, Tricksy Miracle Rogue and Powerful Control Warrior :lol :lol :lol

ibehpTIRfl2HwW.png

I'm an expert

Maybe, I genuinely never tried. I just click the chest. But I remember when I got my other garrison addon reading about one that skipped the stuff.

Worst is when a mission achievement pops up. Covers the chest and you have to wait until it fades out :(

(Though that might just happen to be where I placed the achievement popup with MoveAnything).

Rapstah

If I boost a level 60 character to 90, does it matter what level its primary and secondary professions are at, or do they just go to 600 regardless of if they are at 1 or 300?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I remember being able to see the treasures on my minimap in Gorgrond after buying a treasure map the other day, but i can't see them today in Shadowmoon Valley, what's up with that?

I can't even find the 2 treasures north of Eledor, the map shows them around, but I can't see them...where are they? :( If they're on a mushroom, i see no way of getting on top of them.

Apt101

A DPS warrior called me mean things in Auchindoun because it was my first time and I didn't know the fights. Like, the entire time. He died three times, I didn't die once. In conclusion the healer posted the DPS charts and I won handily. He stood motionless for a moment, typed "so", then left. We all had a hearty laugh.

Tacitus_

Allright, almost done setting up my garrison production line. I've got small buildings for alchemy, tailoring, engineering, jewelcrafting, inscription and 2x blacksmithing. Got two t2 herb gardens and a t3 + t2 mine feeding all of them.
Next on the bucket list is getting my barn production set up so I can plop down a t3 barn when my warrior reaches 100 and gets the t3 garrison.

Any way of skipping the garrison mission complete animations?

Addon called Breeze.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What the hell lmao

Slight Talador spoilers
I just was headed to talk to this NPC who had a quest for me in a forest and as I was approaching she blew the fuck up. Her entire camp was gone and just her boots remained (and they were lootable as a toy). LOL wtf.
I was supposed to loot lol? I was thinking,
"Reckt. I guess I'll come back for the quest later. "

Robin64

Haven't done the Apexis daily for a couple of days now. I only need one more for the Legendary quest anyway, so I'll do it whenever. But seriously, just can't be bothered with those snoozefests.

Magnus

Based L2 frostwolf tavern. Fun dungeon heroic quests and selectable follower recruits - Scavenger follower has changed everything. Triple the GR return on missions that reward it. So good.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't done the Apexis daily for a couple of days now. I only need one more for the Legendary quest anyway, so I'll do it whenever. But seriously, just can't be bothered with those snoozefests.
Ashran and Ring of Blood are quite nice, but the quests in Skettis and Shattrath City are some of the worst I've ever seen. Especially Skettis can take hours to complete.

Yoshichan

Had fun making a 40 man group for Apexis farm and keeping it alive by spamming /1 while healing everyone.

Bailed out after 2 hours. Hopefully the raid didn't disband after that.

Loxley

Going into WoD, I knew next to nothing about Garrisons. So it was pretty cool to find out that Blizzard basically implemented the best aspect of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood with the whole recruitment --> mission --> reward thing.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with that.

Had fun making a 40 man group for Apexis farm and keeping it alive by spamming /1 while healing everyone.

Bailed out after 2 hours. Hopefully the raid didn't disband after that.

Joining a raid is really the only way to do apexis dailies and have fun. Just make sure you pay attention to when that one dick starts rolling need on primals so you don't get screwed.

Yoshichan

Joining a raid is really the only way to do apexis dailies and have fun. Just make sure you pay attention to when that one dick starts rolling need on primals so you don't get screwed.
Yeah we changed the rules so everyone needs on the primals instead

edit: FUCK YES, 680 ilvl ring GET!

Dawg

I wish you could skip the remaining time in proving grounds.

I'm pro, I don't need to relax for 20 seconds after a round smh

Yoshichan

I wish you could skip the remaining time in proving grounds.

I'm pro, I don't need to relax for 20 seconds after a round smh
Gold proving grounds?

It just occurred to me there's another 'torture this guy' quest in WoW but I didn't notice it until the second time around. This time the target is a demon, sure but the quest ends with the demon getting killed anyway so it's still another moment in WoW where I'm asked to be relentlessly cruel for something as trivial as intelligence gathering.

V_Arnold

It just occurred to me there's another 'torture this guy' quest in WoW but I didn't notice it until the second time around. This time the target is a demon, sure but the quest ends with the demon getting killed anyway so it's still another moment in WoW where I'm asked to be relentlessly cruel for something as trivial as intelligence gathering.

No torture, but more like an exorcism.

Top Bottom