• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Magnus

Shattrath Raid, followers having their daily routines and lines, capital cities, garrison being in any zone, destructible buildings in ashran, Tanaan being there at launch, Grommash as the final boss, more Ogre territory, Farahlon obviosuly, and heads of the elite you killed being mounted as trophies in your garrison.

On the top of my head.

We were also supposed to start at the "chronal spire" rather than where we started.

Edit: Oh yeah also the pet breeding system ;(

Damn. I didn't realize there was that much. Was it all actually announced as stuff that was going to be included for sure?

Tenebrous

We're playing Diablo now.

WoWGSP096.jpg

Kuntz

Shattrath Raid, followers having their daily routines and lines, capital cities, garrison being in any zone, destructible buildings in ashran, Tanaan being there at launch, Grommash as the final boss, more Ogre territory, Farahlon obviosuly, and heads of the elite you killed being mounted as trophies in your garrison.

On the top of my head.

We were also supposed to start at the "chronal spire" rather than where we started.

Edit: Oh yeah also the pet breeding system ;(

Reminds me of the "NEW DANCES" banner right in the wotlk teaser.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Question and "we would like to do that in the future but have no plans to ever do it" panel just started.

Shahadan

Damn. I didn't realize there was that much. Was it all actually announced as stuff that was going to be included for sure?

Well they rarely say stuff is going to maybe get cut in advance iirc. I'm sure when they talked about those they were working on them. They just talked about them too early I guess.

Now that I think of it we were supposed to see train tracks in Gorgrond too. It's weird they are missing, especially since the train is a big deal both in a dungeon and a raid (and in te storyline, lol)

Edit: Also that southern Ogre continent we will probably never see now. I was excited when they called Draenor a "world" since I thought we were going to see more than one continent, and it's even on the map.

cdyhybrid

Limited shared quest credit on regular mobs without grouping.

Edit: They want to implement the ability to join multiple guilds in the future.

No new BG, but they're focusing on the new honor system with Legion.

Robin64

That'll make the fury warrior people in here happy.

The artifact weapons are 2H, Titan's Grip is not gone.

They need to make the weapons visually bigger is all.

traveler

Not Wario
The best approach to the WoD story would be to completely forget it ever existed. I guess Legion is kind of dependent upon it now, though, so no chance of that.

Shahadan

In Legion, there will be a short appearance by Bolvar Fordragon, likely at the Frozen Throne.

HMmftrgtrmsjogj......should be more than a short appearance (a major character of the xpac, even) but I guess we should be happy they use him at least.

ZenaxPure

Is there a good list somewhere of shit that was announced for WoD that was cut? I kind of want to get perspective on what to expect this time around, based on all the killer announcements made today, haha.

Reality is most of the announced stuff for Warlords made it in, they just didn't announce much to begin with. Most of the cut content was zone/raids ideas (the only features I can name off hand that got cut were the revamped arena system and pet breeding).

This is why I was personally worried before the expansion even came out. I mean shit seemed bad to me when they spent like 10 minutes explaining how amazing random quest items you won't have equipped next week could upgrade to epic, on a stage, with thousands of people watching. So pointless.

Magnus

"Get you the difference"?

No, I did this with WoD. They just refund your entire key. I wish they refunded you money to apply to Battle.net, at least.

Shahadan

The best approach to the WoD story would be to completely forget it ever existed. I guess Legion is kind of dependent upon it now, though, so no chance of that.

Why, because of the "there is only one legion blahblah and we can't kill them except in the nether" clusterfuck?
I don't expect it to be that important moving forward. Also we have battled the legion a bit too much now for them to be the final antagonist. I smell something like "the legion exists because of the Titans, Titans are bad mmmkay, kill them". Which is something we're going to do eventually, the writing is on the wall, it's just that the order will be different than anticipated.

RPGCrazied

They should have let you just right click on any item, with any class, and add to wardrobe.

That means all that stuff on my hunter I'll have to vendor now. I have so much cool stuff from older raids in my void bank. I have staffs, shields, daggers, 2 handers, 1 handers, wands, plate items. Was keeping them around until I heard about the new transmog system. Pretty much useless now!

ZenaxPure

I smell something like "the legion exists because of the Titans, Titans are bad mmmkay, kill them". Which is something we're going to do eventually, the writing is on the wall, it's just that the order will be different than anticipated.

This is something I know random people on the internet have speculated about before. We know very little about Titans or the Legion really. It's honestly about time we learn about both of those factions and their history.

Peachpies

They should have let you just right click on any item, with any class, and add to wardrobe.

That means all that stuff on my hunter I'll have to vendor now. I have so much cool stuff from older raids in my void bank. I have staffs, shields, daggers, 2 handers, 1 handers, wands, plate items. Was keeping them around until I heard about the new transmog system. Pretty much useless now!
All the items on your hunter will automatically added to the wardrobe when Legion launches so you should keep them unless they are a quest reward in which case you can sell them and still get the appearance when Legion launches.

Magnus

All the items on your hunter will automatically added to the wardrobe when Legion launches so you should keep them unless they are a quest reward in which case you can sell them and still get the appearance when Legion launches.

This is how I interpreted it as well. You don't need to equip the item to add it to your wardrobe. But for a character to transmog into something added to your wardrobe, that character would need to be able to equip it normally....right?

RPGCrazied

Really? Yeah, I'm not watching Blizzcon, so I don't know what is what right now.

When you log in to Legion, all of the items you have are unlocked, as well as items from every quest you have ever completed, including items you didn't even pick.

Every item? What about vendor or destoryed items? Surely its not that too, but if so, holy shit that is a lot of stuff for someone who has played for 10 years with every class.

traveler

Not Wario
Why, because of the "there is only one legion blahblah and we can't kill them except in the nether" clusterfuck?
I don't expect it to be that important moving forward. Also we have battled the legion a bit too much now for them to be the final antagonist. I smell something like "the legion exists because of the Titans, Titans are bad mmmkay, kill them". Which is something we're going to do eventually, the writing is on the wall, it's just that the order will be different than anticipated.

Multiple universes and time travel in general trivialize the importance of any one storyline. "Prime" Azeroth or not- like I seriously care about a hackneyed excuse for why we're in our realm- why should I care what happens in our world when every conceivable plotline will enact itself in others? We don't matter. If we fail, an infinite number of other bands of heroes succeeded. If we succeed, an infinite number of other bands of heroes failed.

Furthermore, it was just another example of Blizzard being incapable of leaving something well enough alone- leave dead characters dead. Leave battles won. Or lost. Revisiting old plotlines and old characters feels stale, also cheapens the significance of any accomplishment, (just like Bolvar becoming a new Lich King when we killed the old Lich King and Illidan returning in this one) and generally introduces all kinds of plotholes.

I guess it's not like the WoW story has been good at any point. It's just feels like they have a lot of lore available to use and they manage to navigate in the most poor way possible each time.

RPGCrazied

Also, this is what I read that made me skeptical to begin with. From Blizzard:

Wardrobe - As soon as item is bound to you, appearance is unlocked. Once it is unlocked, you can get rid of it. Account wide! Have to be able to equip item to unlock it.

Shahadan

Multiple universes and time travel in general trivialize the importance of any one storyline. "Prime" Azeroth or not- like I seriously care about a hackneyed excuse for why we're in our realm- why should I care what happens in our world when every conceivable plotline will enact itself in others? We don't matter. If we fail, an infinite number of other bands of heroes succeeded. If we succeed, an infinite number of other bands of heroes failed.

Furthermore, it was just another example of Blizzard being incapable of leaving something well enough alone- leave dead characters dead. Leave battles won. Or lost. Revisiting old plotlines and old characters feels stale, also cheapens the significance of any accomplishment, (just like Bolvar becoming a new Lich King when we killed the old Lich King and Illidan returning in this one) and generally introduces all kinds of plotholes.

I guess it's not like the WoW story has been good at any point. It's just feels like they have a lot of lore available to use and they manage to navigate in the most poor way possible each time.

I agree with your point, but alternate timelines have been in wow since the beginning, and they've said a bunch of time the legion wants azeroh for something and recently that our azeroth is special, so what we're doing actually matters. It's enough for me to alleviate that problem, but the explanation better be convincing.

Tenebrous

That's two expansions in a row now?

It's a shame because both the Cata and MoP battlegrounds and arenas were great.

To be honest, I'm not sold on the idea that they can't give us a new BG and the proposed honor/PvP changes. However, if the PvP changes end up as good as they suggest, then I might end up PvP-ing for the first time since Cata.

I've struggled for 3-4 years with WoW PvP. Why torture myself with that gear dependant unbalanced shite when MOBAs exist? If this fixes that, then I don't care if the only BG we can play is WSG.

Some of the huge raids the team made in the past were awesome, but they might be better if they were broken up. More smaller raids, different environments, part of the same tier.

Yes please, T 11 was my favorite tier for a reason.

But I'm not a fan of long singular raids in general.

traveler

Not Wario
This is one of the better q and as they've had. Usually, the quality of the questions is so poor nothing comes out of it.

traveler

Not Wario
Re: transmog

They explicitly said that you would unlock all items you've ever earned- vendored, deleted, even quest choices you never picked to begin with. That blurb refers to new items going forward.

ZenaxPure

Yes please, T 11 was my favorite tier for a reason.

But I'm not a fan of long singular raids in general.

Yeah, T11 gets lost in the Cata hate. It was probably one of the best designed raid tiers. 2 boss raid with no trash, 4 boss linear raid with secret special boss at the end, 6 boss raid with tons of choice in what order you do bosses. All 3 with their own unique looks and widely different looking weapons. Probably my favorite raid tier as well but for me it goes a bit beyond the design, also really enjoyed H BWD because of how they designed the heroic modes. I like that all the new heroic mechanics came from Nef himself and he had tons of witty remarks to say through the fights.

RPGCrazied

Re: transmog

They explicitly said that you would unlock all items you've ever earned- vendored, deleted, even quest choices you never picked to begin with. That blurb refers to new items going forward.

That softens the blow I guess. I can't imagine of all the items I have vendor or destroyed over the years.

Magnus

So for real, the Legion preorder gets you the 100 boost right away for $50?

It's just puzzling to me, given that the 90 boost costs $60, and there's no other way to purchase a 100 boost. lol

Top Bottom