• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

Had an interesting moment in a bg. Was doing a 5 man bg queue group, one person was a pug, an Enhancement Shaman. I noticed that he was not using Fire Nova at all throughout bgs, so I nicely mentioned the spell, and asked if he had tried it. He said it's a "pve skill"

Then he rage quit the next match after telling me to look at how good his dps is with no fire nova and I'm an idiot

Some people man. Fucking Fire Nova is so OP and some people won't even press the button :lol

Milennia

Does that mean getting rid of it entirely or just adding a new option to use instead?

What don't you like about it? I was going to check out the mage class soon and I like the idea of it having that pet.

It's like the hunter ability lone wolf I would imagine. Just goes away while you are talented and comes back when you untalent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yay
pu1vO0l.jpg

phierce

I'll pray for you. If it's giving you that much trouble you should just keep farming until everyone has BiS up to that point and/or 6.2.3 launches and you can upgrade your items.
Fairly certain it's not a gear issue. Sure it'll help, but that fight is all about mechanics.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
They are now allied with the legion, willingly.

shymalandingdong.gif

(I actually believe we'll get something like that eventually)

The Burning Legion is doing what its doing across the cosmos to fight the Old Gods.

Anyways.. came here because trade chat was going on about another year of HFC and guilds disbanding and whatnot. Most of the changes sounds great so i dont mind if it takes a while longer to make it work.

Those transmog changes.. im going to have so many unlocks and sooooo much bag space. The bag space reclaimed by the QoL changes in WoD will be nothing compared to the amount of space freed up in Legion.

edit:

Okay.. watched a little bit more. im hyped now. When i first heard about Legendary world drops i was a little "wtf" but after seeing the Artifact system and how it works.. really excited about the changes now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Shadowform mount nerf and Ascendance glyph reminds me

When are we going to get more minor glyphs? I don't mean more to choose from, I mean more slots

I'll pray for you. If it's giving you that much trouble you should just keep farming until everyone has BiS up to that point and/or 6.2.3 launches and you can upgrade your items.

Fairly certain it's not a gear issue. Sure it'll help, but that fight is all about mechanics.

Nah it's not gear. We have the gear for it. Average item level is like 718+ easily. Just a huge execution fight and we're still on the learning curve at <50 wipes in according to DBM. I wanna say we've worked on it for only like a good night and a half total which equates to a mere 4.5 hours.

I only raid 6 hours a week with this guild (2 night), so getting to Gorefiend and actually putting in the attempts on him is problematic without extending, considering we still struggle a bit on some of the other early bosses. Council (especially) and Kilrogg aren't complete farm yet. Particularly when you toss in the time it takes to run through heroic Manny/Archy as well - this week was particularly bad though with Mannoroth being really sloppy, taking like 3 attempts (normally an easy one-shot), so the ring upgrade portion of the raid was like an hour and fifteen minutes instead of 20-35 minutes.

Personally, I have to play Unholy for it as a designated spirit breaker, which is not exactly comfort zone, so my learning curve is steeper than most everyone else's for the fight.

I was sorta looking for a weekday 3-night guild to join on my alt DK, but it's hard to find one at an appropriate progression, and I don't know if I can spare the commitment (to raid 5 days a week total). She's 714 iLvl.

Acidote

I can't find anything about what they've said about enhancement shamans (or shamans at all). Is there somewhere where I can read about it? I've been out of the loop since before summer.

Tacitus_

Nah it's not gear. We have the gear for it. Average item level is like 718+ easily. Just a huge execution fight and we're still on the learning curve at <50 wipes in according to DBM. I wanna say we've worked on it for only like a good night and a half total which equates to a mere 4.5 hours.

We took him down with 150~ wipes. Just focus on getting people to stay in the belly as long as possible. Our early problems were heavily related to communication issues and having a steady stream of damage coming to the ghosts you need to kill to get them back from the belly.

Haven't played WoW for 3 months or so but damn, this Legion information is making me excited. Sounds like an expansion with lots of stuff to do if you're not a raider.

I have some problems with my computer though. Sometimes when I watch youtube or twitch, or play a game online (doesn't seem to happen to Star Wars The Old Republic for some reason) my computer freezes and the sound freezes as well and you just hear a continious tone. Then after a minute it unfreezes and goes back to normal again (and it sometimes doesnt unfreeze and I get a BSOD). Updating drivers doesn't help. Switching in another video card doesn't help :(

How much do we care about bonus objectives these days? Even while leveling?

If there were more bonus objectives, enough to easily level a non heirloomed character from 90-100 without and weird gaps I'd actually have more than 2 100s because fuck questing.

I enjoy the base combat in that game, for most classes it's something I'll never get tired of, compared to quests which I'm over once I do once or twice at most, just give me tons of areas that give me lots of xp for killing shit.

Shahadan

No way we're getting a balanced game in Legion but I"m honestly okay with it. People will ruin it quickly but maybe stuff will be fun for a couple of months.

Zelias

Banned
A lot of the changes sound awesome, especially the transmog stuff and the emphasis on class fantasy (Spriest in particular sounds amazing), so I'll be keeping an eye on this, but after Blizz dropped the ball so hard with WoD I'm a bit skeptical about their ability to deliver.

Nokterian

A fun unbalanced game is way better than a balanced boring game.

Agreed let us be overpowered as hell let the numbers go bonkers again even back in the day with my glass cannon warlock if some here remember that delicious build using in the old talent tree part demo and part fire just to nuke the shit out of bosses and trash in raids was just awesome gave a lot of aggro but it was fun.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can't find anything about what they've said about enhancement shamans (or shamans at all). Is there somewhere where I can read about it? I've been out of the loop since before summer.

I think literally the only thing they said about Shaman in the Systems Q&A was that Enh/Ele do not have Mana and instead will have a resource called "Maelstrom"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
From the original press release about Legion:

For more information about World of Warcraft: Legion or to sign up for the beta test scheduled to begin later this year, visit www.worldofwarcraft.com/legion.
They have now said Legion beta begins in the weeks following Blizzcon. We have a little more than seven weeks left of 2015. Blizzard usually goes on holiday vacation around the 20th, so that would give around six weeks for them to deploy beta if they still want it before year end. I don't remember if they gave any similar "announcements" about Warlords of Draenor beta but I know a lot of people was anticipating it to begin late 2013 or early 2014 but it didn't begin until June 27, 2014.

empyrean

Real stupid question...stopped playing WoW more than a year ago but picked it up again today and started a new character without subbing (can play until level 20 for free from what i understand?) think the last expansion i got was World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, do i need to purchase say Mists or Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor to access all features or will purchasing just say Warlords of Draenor let me continue on my new character (which happens to be a Pandarian).

Tenebrous

Real stupid question...stopped playing WoW more than a year ago but picked it up again today and started a new character without subbing (can play until level 20 for free from what i understand?) think the last expansion i got was World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, do i need to purchase say Mists or Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor to access all features or will purchasing just say Warlords of Draenor let me continue on my new character (which happens to be a Pandarian).

You can play upto 20 (with restrictions on chat/trading) and then carry on playing at 20 for as long as you wish.

You do not need to purchase Mists of Pandaria. In fact, your account should already be registered as a Mists of Pandaria account, as the base game now includes the first 4 expansions (TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP). The only expansion you need to buy for the complete experience is Warlords of Draenor.

Shahadan

You just have to buy Warlords. Don't buy it from the blizz store though, there are cheaper alternatives.

Also, you could wait until Legion so Warlords gets added to the base game for free. But it's rather far away and honestly not even 100% sure at this point

Tenebrous

You just have to buy Warlords. Don't buy it from the blizz store though, there are cheaper alternatives.

Also, you could wait until Legion so Warlords gets added to the base game for free. But it's rather far away and honestly not even 100% sure at this poin
t

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed not to be added, so when Legion comes out you'll need Warlords of Draenor anyway.

ZenaxPure

If there were more bonus objectives, enough to easily level a non heirloomed character from 90-100 without and weird gaps I'd actually have more than 2 100s because fuck questing.

I enjoy the base combat in that game, for most classes it's something I'll never get tired of, compared to quests which I'm over once I do once or twice at most, just give me tons of areas that give me lots of xp for killing shit.

Well also the new bonus objective system is primarily meant as an endgame activity and not a leveling thing because at level 110 it means everything on the broken isles is level 110 when you fight it. I am very excited for it because they are finally fixing my core problem with the max level bonus objectives: aka filling up the blue bar. That shit was just poorly designed and they never got it right over the course of WoD. There was always one optimal way to fill up the bar in each objective and once you figured it out it made that objective feel real stale real fast.

The new ones are being designed like actual quests and on top of that areas that have the same objective will randomly change over time so it's not exactly the same (the example they gave was like a Naga area where you had to kill a named mob, 6 normal nagas, and collect 20 tridents could randomly just be kill 2 named mobs and collect tridents, or even kill nothing and collect tridents). And since they are dropping the blue bar garbage for real quest design they can bring back non-combat objectives and minigame quests which I've always liked.

The new objective system and level scaling is easily the thing I'm most excited for in the xpac outside of the transmog system (which sounds more and more amazing from what they showed us yesterday).

empyrean

You can play upto 20 (with restrictions on chat/trading) and then carry on playing at 20 for as long as you wish.

You do not need to purchase Mists of Pandaria. In fact, your account should already be registered as a Mists of Pandaria account, as the base game now includes the first 4 expansions (TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP). The only expansion you need to buy for the complete experience is Warlords of Draenor.

Also, you could wait until Legion so Warlords gets added to the base game for free. But it's rather far away and honestly not even 100% sure at this point

Thanks to both of you. :)

Ryaaan14

Banned
Soooooo happy w all the info being released

1.) Can't wait to not have a hideous shield on my sexy holy pally
2.) Good riddance major glyphs
3.) Tri-spec is amazing

Unanswered Q's

1.) I wonder if we'll still have to re-transmog a new piece of gear or if our appearance will be locked to anything we equip
2.) WHERES ALL THE PALADIN UPDATES

Some versions of those Rogue swords remind me of Ashbringer and I don't like when my Rogue stuff looks like Paladin stuff.

Is there anything stopping me from doing the Marks quest on my Hunter and using the same weapon as BM? I'm a bow guy, but I'm really not into the no pet thing.

On another note, I was wondering if I could use the level boost on a 100 just to get the trade skills up. I have a character with trades I don't want anymore.

RPGCrazied

Bought Legion. I'm stuck playing this fucking game forever.

I'll never quit this game, even if I'm not playing much at the moment. Been playing FF 14 mostly. I will play more once Legion launches though. Hard to quit a game when you've played for 10 years and the countless hours you've spent on it.

Shahadan

Couldn't find it, but I'm sure we were talking about it a few pages ago. Also, Blizzard would be shouting about it if they were doing the same again as last time.

Well, they wouldn't talk about it now because it won't be done for a few months anyway. We'll see, I guess.

Anyway, for once we don't know who the final boss is....Illidan? ;(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really curious about Doomhammer. Before they were talking about the elemental off-hand/spell blast animation but then at Blizzcon they showed the Shaman wielding some fiery elemental version of Doomhammer while wielding Doomhammer in his main hand

Lomax

Couldn't find it, but I'm sure we were talking about it a few pages ago. Also, Blizzard would be shouting about it if they were doing the same again as last time.

I don't think they'd be shouting about it yet, as they still want people to buy WoD, especially over Christmas. But I do agree that the signs seem to indicate it not getting added, at least not any time soon.

I was listening to that Q&A with Scott Johnson on MMOC and they were talking about making talents affect DPS again. It's like they completely forgot why they put in this Diablo-like talent system in to begin with. In Cataclysm, they were all like, you don't really have a choice in talents, because they add DPS and now they're like, the talents are boring, because they don't affect DPS. LOL!

Top Bottom