• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Artanisix

Very excited for all the ui changes. Little elements like the effects for attacks hitting and the improved health bars look and feel great.

Demon hunter also looks very fun. Disappointed in a summer release though.

Loxley

Very excited for all the ui changes. Little elements like the effects for attacks hitting and the improved health bars look and feel great.

Demon hunter also looks very fun. Disappointed in a summer release though.

Are the UI changes compiled anywhere? I don't remember seeing them.

It's just kind of like 'Paladins, you get Ashbringer. Rogues, you get Garona's blades, Mages you get Ebonchill'

Warriors...
Hand of Rag?
No
Axe of Cenarius?
No
Gorehowl?
No
Shalamayne?
No

How about two generic Valkyr swords that look like they dropped out of a Cata raid instead?

I don't even care about the lore, just giving fury warriors 2 1handers is just a slap in the face.

They're the ONLY spec in the game that dual wields 2 handers, and it's been their spec icon/identity since Wrath but they give them 1 handers. Just like combat and frost.

How can they even?

Is there an archived twitch of demon hunter gameplay?

There's a panel later today on gameplay system which includes professions and classes but it's only an hour long. I'm not expecting an information blowout really, the expansion is so far away at this point I'm not sure they have a concrete vision for every class.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't even care about the lore, just giving fury warriors 2 1handers is just a slap in the face.

They're the ONLY spec in the game that dual wields 2 handers, and it's been their spec icon/identity since Wrath but they give them 1 handers. Just like combat and frost.

How can they even?
As someone who has been playing Fury since Vanilla WoW I've always found Titan's Grip to be a hindrance to Fury finding its identity. I would rather the spec distanced itself from Arms as much as possible.

Daniel R

There's a panel later today on gameplay system which includes professions and classes but it's only an hour long. I'm not expecting an information blowout really, the expansion is so far away at this point I'm not sure they have a concrete vision for every class.

Yep, one from Swifty and one from another streamer.

Tenebrous

So wait, a Legion digital pre-order now gets you a Level 100 boost instantly? Questions:

1. That's $50, making it $10 cheaper than a Level 90 boost? lol.
2. How does it work, in terms of the perks granted? All the same as a level 90 boost? And do you go through the same intro area in Tanaan? Do you do all the Garrison intro bullshit at level 100 instead?

edit- omg instant level 3 Garrison

From the wow forums:

The same things as the 90, but Professions are 700, the Gear is 640, and you get all flying bar Master, and
a Free Level 3 Garrison, along with 500 Gold.

How many followers, though?

Yep, one from Swifty and one from another streamer.

Wow, Swifty is still around? Amazing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I used my 100 boost on a shaman. Only have monk and warlock left now.

I was going to farm some transmog stuff today then ran into that thing where boosted characters have to wait 24 hours to enter non current content :/

ZenaxPure

That new news post on mmo-c had an interview thing with cool new stuff in it. Like I guess some of the class halls will have random events to give it some atmosphere like rogues being able pick pocket from each other inside their hall and warriors have an arena thing they can participate in.

Sounds cool, I always like small touches like that.

Tenebrous

You get 8 followers when you boost.

Thanks.

Genuinely not sure what to use the boost on, as I know I'll buy Legion at some point anyway. I've 11 Horde toons at 100 (each class), one Alliance toon, all on PvP servers... Maybe an RP server? Anyone play on Defias Brotherhood?

I honestly don't know what I'd do with a 100 boost right now. Probably just bank it in case I had to reroll/transfer. I have every class at 90+ apart from paladin.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Excited to see what they've come up with for classes. It sounded like they could have changed quite a bit according to the unstreamed panel I saw last night.

Tenebrous

Excited to see what they've come up with for classes. It sounded like they could have changed quite a bit according to the unstreamed panel I saw last night.

Warriors lose whirlwind. "We figured the concept of a rage dump might be too challenging for some people, so now Warrior gameplay consists of keeping rend on a target, and hitting CS/MS when they're off CD."

I may have made that up.

Daniel R

Be warned about the boost.

Some people (including me) are experiencing npcs in the garrison not handing out quests.
I can for instance not get the Harrison daily, or the start quest for the Lumber mill lvl 1.
The npcs don't give out quests...

Other people are reporting the weekend quests, or assault quests not showing up.

It is probably a glitch in the system that will iron itself out in the next few days.

Edit: Is there an faq for what you get when you boost? I find it strange that they don't make it more public that you actually get a lvl 3 Garrison. The gold value of what you are given for free is easily more than a token cost in the US and half a token in EU.

I have boosed two accounts and this is what the character will have:

Lvl 3 Garrison with
-Lvl 1 lumber mill (might actually be lvl 2).
-Lvl 1 Barracks
-Lvl 2 professions huts
-Lvl 1 inn/tavern
-Lvl 1 War Mill/Bunker
1 small, 1 medium, 1 large plot open
-Mine and herb garden lvl 1 unlocked, no need to do the first quest.

8 followers lvl 90-92 or thereabouts. Not sure if these are unique, since I am not familiar with horde followers from before.
All riding/flying except the fastest flying. Cold weather flying and Wisdom of the four winds for Pandaria/Northrend.
4x22 slot bags
Some gold
A few hundred garrison resources
Professions and first aid boosted to lvl 700 if you where lvl 60 or over before the boost and had at least 1 skill in the profession.

Salvage yard blueprint unlocked, no need to do the spires of arak questline. (Maybe its a flagged per account thing? if you already done it on another char I mean).

cdyhybrid

http://www.twitch.tv/tradechat/v/24355796

The entire DH starting area (or at least the entire part that was available at Blizzcon, which sounds like it was only the first half).

ampere

I used my 100 boost on a shaman. Only have monk and warlock left now.

I was going to farm some transmog stuff today then ran into that thing where boosted characters have to wait 24 hours to enter non current content :/

So that's how they fixed that mass Stonecore farming

For awhile there was a flood of lv90 druids entering and exiting Stonecore. They'd use boosted characters to bot stonecore and vendor everything for gold and repeat

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
HMye1DI.png

Are they changing the default plates? It looks like something from ElvUI or tidyplates.

"Always a step away" from your class hall and Dalaran. And it seems like most, maybe just some classes, have a unique form of fast travel. Hunters have giant eagles and unique flight paths, Druids can move through the Emerald Dream to natural places.

Or... A joy? I'm looking forward to doing different things on each alt via unique quests and artifacts! Better than redoing the exact same shit and quests on each alt.

Not the variety of it, the fact that it takes months to fully unlock the artifact weapons, which will clearly end up being a soft requirement for raiding. That can go stuff itself.

Not gonna lie, Demon Hunter mobility outside of combat looks ridiculously appealing. Playing Wildstar made me realize how much fun having a double jump in an MMO can be.

Magnus

Not the variety of it, the fact that it takes months to fully unlock the artifact weapons, which will clearly end up being a soft requirement for raiding. That can go stuff itself.

Gotcha. I mean, I dunno what to say. I feel like that's a problem Blizzard has to work with the raiding community to fix. The hard min/maxing etc. As a casual these days it's just great to hear about more to do. Lol

ZenaxPure

Gotcha. I mean, I dunno what to say. I feel like that's a problem Blizzard has to work with the raiding community to fix. The hard min/maxing etc. As a casual these days it's just great to hear about more to do. Lol

Yeah that is pretty much where I stand. Tired of raiding being the central focus of everything when it comes to their game design and having to accommodate around that. The fact that 3 months into the expansion I can level a new alt and have a whole fresh artifact weapon to start leveling sounds appealing, not annoying.

erawsd

I bet there will be some mechanism in place to help speed up Artifact Power acquisition for alts.

Disc and Shadow specs sound interesting. Disc is all about heals through damage and Shadow sounds really neat. Insanity resource instead of mana and shadow orbs. They start to grow tentacles, gain a void form. Fucking rad!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
As a Warrior player I'm jelly as fuck.

All of those classes are getting some insanely cool new mechanics and talents and all Fury is getting is a spec that's not RNG based.

I mean, that's awesome but there's nothing "cool" about that.

Top Bottom