• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So for real, the Legion preorder gets you the 100 boost right away for $50?

It's just puzzling to me, given that the 90 boost costs $60, and there's no other way to purchase a 100 boost. lol

The store boost now goes to 100.

Magnus

How often do transfers get discounted? Seemed to happen more often back in the day. I need to fork over $55 right now to get my main back to my old crew - different faction and server. I'd rather wait till that shit goes on sale.

The store boost now goes to 100.

Ah. Still though. $10 cheaper than a boost alone. No brainer if you're gonna purchase Legion anyway.

Tacitus_

Since Blizzcon has been playing that "Dranor is free!" line by Grom so many times, I just have to get this out of my system

Shut it Grom, you were the one who wanted to bring it under your boot heel. It's the remnants of your army that Gul'dan took over.
Should've cut off his head just to make sure he doesn't get any ideas.

Yep, one from Swifty and one from another streamer.

http://www.twitch.tv/tradechat/v/24355796

The entire DH starting area (or at least the entire part that was available at Blizzcon, which sounds like it was only the first half).

Thank you both, I'll have to check it out once I get done raiding.

Curious what they mean by charges for fury warrior now, since we already use charges on our skills. I was hoping to hear stuff about elemental shamans and arms warrior, but I'm guessing a lot of the class changes aren't finalized yet. Shadowpriest sounds like demonic fury with old god influence, which sounds cool, maybe I'll boost a priest.

Good to see confirmation for titan's grip, I only like one of the styles out of the 5 (the lightning looking one). I still think it should be some sort of axe or a mix of an axe and a mace to highlight that we're the weaponmaster of the melee classes, or alternatively the styles should be different weapons.

Supposedly class-specific blogs going over the changes are launching tomorrow.

awesome, hope that's true.

Still surprised no one asked about fist weapon mogs. The time is now with this new system and even more classes getting fist weapons.

Xis

Re: transmog

They explicitly said that you would unlock all items you've ever earned- vendored, deleted, even quest choices you never picked to begin with. That blurb refers to new items going forward.

I seriously doubt they recorded "everything" you've ever had. They probably have no way of knowing if you had a cool boss drop back in WoTLK; but they *definitely* know which quests you have completed.

On one hand spamming howling blast and frost strike is all I want to do on my DK.

On the otherhand I don't really want to stop keeping track of my runes become a literal two button spec class.

Milennia

i have some information for any of my fellow mages out there on gaf

- PC is being removed
- IB is baseline 2 charges
- Combustion is now reworked to increase crit chance by 100% for 8 or so seconds (didnt have a response regarding cooldown)
- Flamestrike is being buffed and will grant hot streak (could be heating up or vice versa, just what was said to me)

some frost info from the Q&A
- FFB is gone and replaced by frozen orb? thats all that was said, trying to get some clarification
- Talent that replaces water ele for a damage buff
- Spec will go back to being haste oriented

straight from celestalon at the class Q&A event thanks to a fellow raider of mine who is there currently.

Shahadan

I was hoping someone would ask them, now that we're getting all this transmog stuff, if they ever intend to do a small raid (maybe one or two bosses) giving only cosmetic or vanity rewards?

That could alleviate some content drought without upsetting the balance of power between tiers or xpacs. I wonder if people would be interested in something like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How often do transfers get discounted? Seemed to happen more often back in the day. I need to fork over $55 right now to get my main back to my old crew - different faction and server. I'd rather wait till that shit goes on sale.

Ah. Still though. $10 cheaper than a boost alone. No brainer if you're gonna purchase Legion anyway.

WoD was the same way. It's not like you can keep buying expansions and getting the cheaper boost. It's their way of 'cutting you a deal' while still forcing the boost on you

strafer

bruh
We restarted from scratch - for all intents and purposes it's a completely different class.

breh
No way to permanently enslave dreadlords but we have talked about talents that may make your enslave last longer or be permanent. This is being considered but not currently on the list

broh
All locks are back to soul shards

yoooooo....
New demon - Dreadstalkers

holy shit
New rotational ability that summons a pair of dreadstalkers - sometimes being ridden by imps!

Woah
Summons happen constantly in combat

Warlocks just cool again

ampere

On one hand spamming howling blast and frost strike is all I want to do on my DK.

On the otherhand I don't really want to stop keeping track of my runes become a literal two button spec class.

Yeah I am not sure I like the sound of it.

I need more details on all the tanks to decide if I keep playing Monk or not. All I've heard so far is that Bears aren't going to be dodge tanks anymore and will instead be all about high hp and armor. Maybe old style Savage Defense absorbs coming back

Agreed. Any chance the Legion release date was pushed back to not clash too much with Overwatch?

Possibly, but they still seem pretty rough on some aspects of the expac. A nice long beta might do it some good. In an ideal world I get into beta to keep me occupied. As it is I'm pretty much only logging in to raid - another 6+ months of just that isn't very exciting. 4-5 months would be just about right, even if it meant not downing Mythic Archimonde like I did Garrosh. This Gorefiend and recruiting wall though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know what to boost. I have everything except a priest and a monk(I technically have a 64 priest and 90 monk on another server) so I've got limited server space. I could do an alliance character on another server with my paladin I guess

RPGCrazied

Sounds great an all, but this is still 7+ months away, what are we suppose to do until then?! When is the broken shore event suppose to hit? Surely before the holidays.

keffri

feels good man

kLIUzwu.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
I seriously doubt they recorded "everything" you've ever had. They probably have no way of knowing if you had a cool boss drop back in WoTLK; but they *definitely* know which quests you have completed.

Yeah, I don't think it applies to bosses you fought, just quest rewards you earned.

Disappointing to see arms not getting a massive revamp but I think I have a different idea of massive if elementals and moonkins are getting new secondary resources and aren't a part of their list.

ampere

Disappointing to see arms not getting a massive revamp but I think I have a different idea of massive if elementals and moonkins are getting new secondary resources and aren't a part of their list.

Meh, mana for elemental is meaningless already. It's just a throttle for their offhealing really.

Didn't read too much on the transmog news. Did they confirm cross-character/server/faction for everything?

Yea, account wide. Assuming that covers all those like other account wide features.

Meh, mana for elemental is meaningless already. It's just a throttle for their offhealing really.

Yea, account wide. Assuming that covers all those like other account wide features.

Did they say certain things would be excluded like challenge mode armor? I'd reroll a horde dk on a friend's server if I could transmog my challenge mode stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did they say certain things would be excluded like challenge mode armor? I'd reroll a horde dk on a friend's server if I could transmog my challenge mode stuff.

They didn't call it out specifically, but that's something I think should be implied is character specific.

Who knows though.

ampere

I assume, and hope, that the CM xmog is included. Just expecting it to be still class specific, but they have not mentioned anything either way.

i have some information for any of my fellow mages out there on gaf

- PC is being removed
- IB is baseline 2 charges
- Combustion is now reworked to increase crit chance by 100% for 8 or so seconds (didnt have a response regarding cooldown)
- Flamestrike is being buffed and will grant hot streak (could be heating up or vice versa, just what was said to me)

some frost info from the Q&A
- FFB is gone and replaced by frozen orb? thats all that was said, trying to get some clarification
- Talent that replaces water ele for a damage buff
- Spec will go back to being haste oriented

straight from celestalon at the class Q&A event thanks to a fellow raider of mine who is there currently.

Does that mean getting rid of it entirely or just adding a new option to use instead?

I might have to go back to playing mage again. Frost mage was my favorite class, but I dropped it when they added the pet.

What don't you like about it? I was going to check out the mage class soon and I like the idea of it having that pet.

They didn't call it out specifically, but that's something I think should be implied is character specific.

Who knows though.

I really hope it's not. If I did it on one dk, I should be able to roll another on a different faction and not have to worry about that bullshit. I still did it, I still earned it. I'm not saying make all armor available because I did one, but if I have the dk challenge armor I should be able to use it on any dk I have if the transmog system is account wide. They made the phoenix's account wide after mists too, I think, so there's some precedence.

ampere

lol wow. This has more class details than the panel by far. Odd way to present things.

Resolve is gone

Good call. It's a super weird mechanic for tank self shielding. Like, I want a big shield for boss nuke, but I won't always have high Resolve until after the nuke.

Boss mob movement is being fixed in 6.2.3

PRAISE BE

Do not screw this up Blizz... get things to pre 6.0 plz

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yes please, T 11 was my favorite tier for a reason.

But I'm not a fan of long singular raids in general.

Especially if they each have their own scaling difficulty. Not one easy/one hard raid, but they both have first few easy bosses, harder end bosses.

Nokterian

Oh shit i missed this part goodbye dual spec! Thank fucking god we can choose to our liking now

Legion will allow you to use all the specs, no longer limited to dual spec. No such thing as no spec anymore.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Oh shit i missed this part goodbye dual spec! Thank fucking god we can choose to our liking now

It's cool and all in theory, but I wish that there was something stopping you from just swapping specs around willy nilly like that anymore.

The whole point in talent specs was to customize your character, now everyone can just be any spec, the talents are hardly a level of customization anymore...

I dunno. I don't mind it, but I also think something is lost here.

I'm not too excited about the scaling leveling-choose-your-own-zone thing. Not because I don't like it, but because I don't really care and I don't want them wasting time on new "features" for leveling. How much do we care about bonus objectives these days? Even while leveling?

I liked the separate story leveling paths per zone thing, I don't think we're getting that anymore now that each weapon has its own questline.

Tarazet

Now if we could just have it so you can equip armor sets out of your bank from anywhere. So spoiled by GW2 having room on your character for 2 sets and being able to hot-swap. (Yeah, I get that in GW2 it's set up so that the two weapon sets really make up one spec.. since you are expected to weapon-swap frequently.)

Top Bottom