• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Nokterian

I'll never quit this game, even if I'm not playing much at the moment. Been playing FF 14 mostly. I will play more once Legion launches though. Hard to quit a game when you've played for 10 years and the countless hours you've spent on it.

I feel the same way at the moment i am playing other games and patch 2.4 is around the corner for diablo 3 (like serieusly if you didn't saw the panel go to http://www.diablofans.com/) this patch is like a whole new expansion for free. I will buy Legion next year or pre order the C.E anyway but for now i am not going to play it because of the new class changes i will wait to reactivate my account again.

empyrean

Sorry for yet another question. I've subbed up now :), got auctionator addon, I'm playing very casually (currently lvl 12) so don't need any raid add ons etc, i was looking for a good gathering addon but ones I've found don't seem to have been updated in a while, can anyone recommend me one and/or any other good addons (i would like to keep to as vanilla as i can so as to not change too much the intended experience on my first play through so to speak))

Shahadan

Sorry for yet another question. I've subbed up now :), got auctionator addon, I'm playing very casually (currently lvl 12) so don't need any raid add ons etc, i was looking for a good gathering addon but ones I've found don't seem to have been updated in a while, can anyone recommend me one and/or any other good addons (i would like to keep to as vanilla as i can so as to not change too much the intended experience on my first play through so to speak))

Can't help you on that gathering add on since I don't use one (certainly someone more informed will answer you) but if you're unaware, once on draenor you can basically start a profession from scratch and level everything faster there with local materials and nodes.

With the current flow of xp in old zones you'll probably have trouble leveling your profession without being slowed dramatically in your character leveling.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
WOWIGC075.jpg

It is actually really stupid they haven't done this for in-game armor yet.

bu-bu-bu-bu-potatoes have to be able to run it. =|

Shahadan

What's the deal with tabards on robes being awful? like a shirt tucked in your pants. Except it's physically impossible. I never use one because of this.
I imagine it can't stack on top of a robe for some technical reason, but I never hear people complain about it

It is okay to resub and start doing the legendary ring or wait till the inevitable buff to get it faster? I made it to the first raid before my PC couldnt handle the graphics

Shahadan

It is okay to resub and start doing the legendary ring or wait till the inevitable buff to get it faster? I made it to the first raid before my PC couldnt handle the graphics

There is already a ctach up mechanic via shipyard missions, doubt there will be more than that.

Tamanon

Banned

The catch-up is already in place. You can get parts from missions, shipyard missions, and a weekly apexis turn-in, on top of what you get in raiding/LFR.

JSoup

Banned
What's the deal with tabards on robes being awful? like a shirt tucked in your pants. Except it's physically impossible. I never use one because of this.
I imagine it can't stack on top of a robe for some technical reason, but I never hear people complain about it

This always bothered me too.

cdyhybrid

My alts will probably never leave their garrison. Too much gold to be made for just collecting shit out of a crate.

They'll probably nerf gold missions once Legion goes live to get people out of the garrisons.

Hey we are free to leave at any time.

Right...?!

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Class preview schedule: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19941175/

Code:
Sun 11/8	Mon 11/9	Tues 11/10	Wed 11/11	Thurs 11/12
Overview	Priest		Warlock		Warrior		Rogue
Hunter		Mage		Death Knight	Monk	
		Paladin		Shaman		Druid

Hunters first :D, excited to see what they've done with survival

Where's DH?!
axz75Q6.gif

I guess its time to return, can you customize your ships and your garrison to be more ....elf?

You can replace your garrison guards with elf guards if 1) you have a level 3 barracks, and 2) you're exalted with their city faction (Silvermoon or Darnassus).

Shahadan

I think robes in general kinda suck visually. They need to be more flowing or possibly open in the front like the Diablo 3 wizard.

Yeah that would be cool. I've never even seen my pants. I wonder if they ever said "never" or something regarding this issue, though I guess it's probably more complex than I imagine.

forms

Thinking about preordering Legion, but what the hell should I use the 100 boost for. Feral, hunter, pala...God dammit. Decisions, decisions.

What's the deal with robes in WoW looking awful in general?

Like flat ass 2d pieces of shit.

That's the reason I'm pants for life, at least they've had depth since wotlk, robes have been the same ugly looking shit since vanilla.

cdyhybrid

Yeah that would be cool. I've never even seen my pants. I wonder if they ever said "never" or something regarding this issue, though I guess it's probably more complex than I imagine.

Would probably require some significant modeling/animation time, but it definitely needs an update.

Edit: Not to mention redoing every robe in the game.

Shahadan

What's the deal with robes in WoW looking awful in general?

Like flat ass 2d pieces of shit.

That's the reason I'm pants for life, at least they've had depth since wotlk, robes have been the same ugly looking shit since vanilla.

Well probably because they are flat ass 2d pieces of shit. you don't actually have legs underneath, just feet (this is true)

I think it's too late now to hope for a redesign since they would need a new model and transmog probably wouldn't work then. (well maybe not since belts had an overhaul)

ampere

Would probably require some significant modeling/animation time, but it definitely needs an update.

Edit: Not to mention redoing every robe in the game.

It would definitely be a big engine update, but I'm sure they could leave the old gear as it was. Like what they've done with some newer belt tassels

Magnus

Damn, wow sub tokens are up to 37k on my server now. I only have about 100k across all my characters.

Is it really that easy to make 40k in a month without hardcore AH shenanigans?

I have almost all profs at max. What's the uber way to get cash these days? Or do cash rewards from normal activities like dailies and events generally get 20-30k flowing in if you play regularly?

I soared up from 20 to 100k at the start of Draenor by working the AH pretty hard with Inscription and shit and don't ever want to spend that much time and mental energy on that shit again. Listing, delisting, re-listing, searching, using addons to scan the AH, etc. Boring as fuck.

Damn, wow sub tokens are up to 37k on my server now. I only have about 100k across all my characters.

I have almost all profs at max. What's the uber way to get cash these days? Or do cash rewards from normal activities like dailies and events generally get 20-30k flowing in if you play regularly?

I soared up from 20 to 100k at the start of Draenor by working the AH pretty hard with Inscription and shit and don't ever want to spend that much time and mental energy on that shit again. Listing, delisting, re-listing, searching, using addons to scan the AH, etc. Boring as fuck.

I just have a bunch of alts with an inn and scavenger minions. That + doing naval missions rakes in a bit of cash. Can also use the excess garrison supplies on trading post stuff.

cdyhybrid

Garrison gold. Level 3 Garrison, level 3 Inn/Salvage Yard/War Mill/Barracks, spam Treasure Hunter followers on as many 100s as you can get.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just had a chance to go over most of the blizzcon stuff on mmochamp and I have to say I really like the sound of it. Profession changes seem great, rare drop legondary stuff as a throwback to vanilla sounds fun, artifacts on the whole look cool and seem to be interesting mechanically when it comes to providing a worthwhile progression path in all endgame content. Speaking of, the challenge mode dungeon stuff being akin to D3 greater rifts is also really interesting and might have a good shot of actually making 5 mans worthwhile throughout the entire expansion.

I am hopeful!

Magnus

I just have a bunch of alts with an inn and scavenger minions. That + doing naval missions rakes in a bit of cash. Can also use the excess garrison supplies on trading post stuff.

Garrison gold. Level 3 Garrison, level 3 Inn/Salvage Yard/War Mill/Barracks, spam Treasure Hunter followers on as many 100s as you can get.

Cool. But does this really pull in 30k+ a month (say 1h of total play a day, with hopefully no more than 10-15 mins in the garrison)?

cdyhybrid

Cool. But does this really pull in 30k+ a month (say 1h of total play a day, with hopefully no more than 10-15 mins in the garrison)?

Once it's all set up, yes, assuming you have enough characters. I have 6 100s and I easily make enough to buy a token every month.

It takes time to farm up GR for the buildings and gear/level up your followers though. Once it's all online it's like a minute per character if you don't count loading screens during logging in.

Magnus

I think with 4-5 alts yeah. You'll run out of oil at some point though for the shipyards.

Once it's all set up, yes, assuming you have enough characters. I have 6 100s and I easily make enough to buy a token every month.

It takes time to farm up GR for the buildings and gear/level up your followers though. Once it's all online it's like a minute per character if you don't count loading screens during logging in.

Shit, yeah, I can't do that. 6 characters? Ooof no way. I have 1x 100. Lol. The rest are between 80-93. Never mind all the garrison planning. I thought I could somehow make 30k a month off my main's garrison alone. Seemed far-fetched.

What do routine activities like raiding and daily/weekly quests pull in?

Maybe I'll just fucking pay for the damned sub. $15 is two beers on a night out. Not much.

ZenaxPure

Shit, yeah, I can't do that. 6 characters? Ooof no way. I have 1x 100. Lol. The rest are between 80-93. Never mind all the garrison planning. I thought I could somehow make 30k a month off my main's garrison alone. Seemed far-fetched.

It sounds worse than it is. Most of it is basically just waiting around on timers. Like gearing up your followers is basically just setting up some work orders at the bunker and then coming back the next day.

Leveling shouldn't be an issue if your alts are that high.

phierce

I think with 4-5 alts yeah. You'll run out of oil at some point though for the shipyards.
If you have the oil rig unlocked, from Tanaan, you'll never run out of oil.

Maybe I'll just fucking pay for the damned sub. $15 is two beers on a night out. Not much.

With an hour a day you can almost pay for your sub with one 100 toon.

Shahadan

Remember than now that there is flying you can just level up by flying to the treasures on draenor, lol

If you get an exp elixir from a mission it can be really fast. I think I did 98-100 in less than the 15 minutes of the elixir duration

cdyhybrid

Not much. LFR gets you a decent amount of gold, but not worth it for the time invested. Your best bet with one character is to sell whatever your professions make that can sell (typically ilvl upgrade tokens for crafted items, or pots/flasks if you're Alch), flipping stuff on the AH, and/or farming Medallions of the Legion every day.

Top Bottom