• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

If you have the oil rig unlocked, from Tanaan, you'll never run out of oil.

With an hour a day you can almost pay for your sub with one 100 toon.

Had no idea that was a thing. Looks like I have some buying to do.

Survival hunter looks cool, didn't think they had much surprises left in them for making unique gameplay. I'm a sucker for big crits and a 6 stack mongoose strike might be up my alley. Already looks like it will be a very crit dependent RNG spec, using laceration to maintain dot and flanking strike/mongoose to prevent focus capping.

oh nvm got them mixed up. It's mastery and it looks like mongoose bite doesn't use focus. Seems to be more about keeping mongoose bite stacks up by managing charges.

idlewild_

What do routine activities like raiding and daily/weekly quests pull in?

Maybe I'll just fucking pay for the damned sub. $15 is two beers on a night out. Not much.

If you play a tank or hunter, maybe warlock as well, you can solo the 25 man heroic Cataclysm raids in dungeon gear; each boss drops ~125 gold plus the vendor value of the items. It's an easy 5k+ a week and each raid doesn't take very long to run, plus you get a chance to grab some pets and mounts. Any class should be able to do it in full tanaan jungle gear. Between that and the garrison you can probably net 30k+ a month on one character.

Honestly though, it is not that much manual work to get any L90 alts you have in place to make gold, it just takes a few weeks of waiting to accumulate resources. What I did was just get mine up to the point where they unlock the level 2 garrison and a couple followers. Then I just logged onto them once every couple days to pick up garrison resources and do missions to level up the followers, you can even speed this up by having a Trading Post always running work orders. Once they are near capped on resources I leveled them up to 100 and upgrade my garrison fully right away. The latest patch made it super easy to get from 90-100. Just look up some videos on using Elixir of the Rapid Mind, my last alt took less than 2 hours to get from 90 to 100.

erawsd

I'm really curious about Doomhammer. Before they were talking about the elemental off-hand/spell blast animation but then at Blizzcon they showed the Shaman wielding some fiery elemental version of Doomhammer while wielding Doomhammer in his main hand

They said something about the OH being "pure energy", which people thought would mean Enhancement would just have a ball of energy. They later clarified that to say that it would be a pure energy copy of Doomhammer itself, and gave the example of a spectral version of it. Here we see a fiery version, so hopefully that just means the OH is customizable. Would be cool to at least have one in all the elemental flavors.

ampere

I'd be more excited about melee hunter if they weren't the only class that can use ranged weapons

Weapon drops won't matter for this expac. They can set certain classes to each type of socketing relic and worry about weapon problems in 8.0 lol

Melee are going to hate having multiple BM hunters in a raid.

edit: plus demo locks, since it sounds like they are all about summoning a bunch of demons

I already think there are way too many pets in raids. Made a thread about it on wow forums but no one replied :x

bYPNZKa.jpg

It's getting absurd.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weapon drops won't matter for this expac. They can set certain classes to each type of socketing relic and worry about weapon problems in 8.0 lol

It's not about loot competition. It's about already having 8 dozen melee DPSes like 5 castrers and then only one class that uses a unique ranged weapon

Kangi

Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, Laceration, and Wing Clip? These class changes are pure fanservice.

Can't wait to see the new (old) Demonology. Can't wait to see what it does to my raid group's framerates.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is it impossible for alliance to win Ashran now? I figured I would get some conquest gear on my newb. I think I joined around 20 different Ashrans over the past few days and all but one have been complete shit.

I already think there are way too many pets in raids. Made a thread about it on wow forums but no one replied :x

It's getting absurd.

That's true, I hate that shit in arena with the stampede talent too. I liked D3's solution where it made them super transparent to other people.

phierce

How so? (My server requires 38k sacrifice to the gods)
Guess I should have clarified a little more.

You'd need to have the proper followers (treasure hunters, etc) plus an inn and such, but with 7 hours a week, you could easily run all the lucrative raids. Couple that with daily gold missions and you'd be pretty close. That's not including the money you could possibly make on the AH with profession shit each week.

Yeah, you're right, probably not 38K, but I think you could get pretty damn close if you really tried.

However, if you're only playing to buy a token each month, why are you even playing??

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I somehow went to not even being sure if I wanted to buy legion, to already owning the Digital Deluxe edition.

My friends needed some gold.

How do you unlock the oil rig?

How have I gone this long without knowing this thing existed? I literally have done ZERO shipyard missions after getting my map and flying like a month ago because I couldn't be arsed to do oil dailies.

This changes everything.

I somehow went to not even being sure if I wanted to buy legion, to already owning the Digital Deluxe edition.

My friends needed some gold.

Same exact scenario for me hahah. *high five*

Although I am genuinely excited for Legion. Other than the projected launch time, everything they've said so far SEEMS good. WoD has caused me to stay cautious however.

I'm loving all the stuff they are showing,but i'm still super worried about post launch.
Time and time again blizzard does not update the game in a timely maner and they have yet to talk about what they are going to be doing about that.

Shahadan

But which feature of Legion shown will get cut? It's Blizzard tradition, something won't make it.

sometimes stuff gets added as well

I'm sure there will be something, but they seem pretty far along so most things are probably set in stone by now. On the other hand from what they've said they still have the whole balancing process to go through, and I'm sure that alone will take months and pose problems considering their approach, so if something gets cut it will be stuff related to that.

Either talents or artifacts traits would be my guess.

I'm 100% sure something unrelated to that will be at least delayed till a later patch though. No way that all they've talked about make it at launch.

Darn it Blizzard, going to jump back in over the holidays and catch up on what i've missed since WoD launch I think.

Are there many EU players on GAF (Horde)? My realm was pretty dead last time I played so might transfer to somewhere a bit more lively.

Trokil

Banned
Them not mentioning PVP at all makes me very, very nervous about Legion. They are all about e-sports now but forget the talk about their biggest game and the competitive aspect of it.

Shahadan

Them not mentioning PVP at all makes me very, very nervous about Legion. They are all about e-sports now but forget the talk about their biggest game and the competitive aspect of it.

I doubt they have anything to share really, if classes are not done, talking about a pvp system with class(spec?) based perks is a bit useless.

Tenebrous

I think they've given up a bit, honestly. When there's so many better PvP games that can be played for free, I think WoW PvP has had its day. All the folk I used to do arenas and RBGs are playing MOBAs now (myself included).

Daniel R

How much dps do you need to do not to be embarrased in a HFC HC pug?
I play frost/arcane mage. ilvl 700. Getting my legendary ring next reset.

I have not done normal yet...and have no tier pieces or class trinket. Thinking of getting into normal pugs and get a feel for it.
Haven't had time to devote to pug raiding since alts and garrisons take up all my game time.

Nere

Anyone else feel for an expansion named legion it is really unlegionish? I mean from all the zones they showed all looked peaceful and beautiful with not a tiny legion corruption or demon. If this is the biggest legion invasion yet where are the demons then? Hiding?

Shahadan

Anyone else feel for an expansion named legion it is really unlegionish? I mean from all the zones they showed all looked peaceful and beautiful with not a tiny legion corruption or demon. If this is the biggest legion invasion yet where are the demons then? Hiding?

Yeah clearly but honestly the less green vomit the better for me, even if there are a few spots apparently. If we could see something else that would be more than welcome.

Also I'd like to see the return of a more scheming legion rather than the "KILL! DESTROY! BURN!" (actually literally written like this in many occasions..........) uninteresting dumbshit we got now.
That said I fully expect people to complain about this and the expansion being more about the legion allies than the legion itself. The whole narrative is probably misleading.

Maybe that during the broken shore event we stop their portal for a limited time somehow. Actually it wouldn't surprise me =_=

ZenaxPure

Yeah clearly but honestly the less green vomit the better for me, even if there are a few spots apparently. If we could see something else that would be more than welcome.

Yeah tbh I actually can't stand the Legion aesthetic at all so I am not complaining. All that bright green is so annoying.

For the Legion invasion itself maybe they just ignore the Broken Isles for the most part? They mentioned that the pre-expansion event this time would have Legion invasions all across Azeroth and this seems to be confirmed again in the mmo-c interview ("There will be a pre-release patch coming out a few weeks prior to the Broken Isles becoming accessible, which will include the invasion events.")

Shahadan

Yeah tbh I actually can't stand the Legion aesthetic at all so I am not complaining. All that bright green is so annoying.

For the Legion invasion itself maybe they just ignore the Broken Isles for the most part? They mentioned that the pre-expansion event this time would have Legion invasions all across Azeroth and this seems to be confirmed again in the mmo-c interview ("There will be a pre-release patch coming out a few weeks prior to the Broken Isles becoming accessible, which will include the invasion events.")

Yeah but invasions probably aren't relevant after the pre event. People will be occupied elsewhere. And it makes little sense to fight a legion vanguard at the start of the xpac and then go on a nice journey across a continent while they're still coming imo.
Same reason why the draenor portal was closed in a matter of minutes.

Tyrion probably dies sealing or weakening their entry point and we have to find the pillars to close it for good, or something. I dunno. They never deliver on the sense of scale and urgency, and that being because of incompetence or because it's a mmo is debatable.

Remember all their talk about how draenor was SAVAGE and DANGEROUS and belonged fully to the iron horde, a formidable war machine. In practice we could lazily establish our base and solo attack the like 3 ugly camps across the whole continent where there was an iron horde base. And their was like 3 big battles where you would stomp their whole army with a dumb device or with an overpowered npc.

The intro quests were good though.

ZenaxPure

Yeah but invasions probably aren't relevant after the pre event. People will be occupied elsewhere. And it makes little sense to fight a legion vanguard at the start of the xpac and then go on a nice journey across a continent while they're still coming imo.
Same reason why the draenor portal was closed in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, I mean it will all come down to how they frame it. Could be some sort of sacrifice thing or it could just as easily be that we set up a base and there is a never ending battle there.

They've been really quiet on what exactly will happen at the Broken Shore. Hopefully we find out more in the beta.

Shahadan

Yeah, I mean it will all come down to how they frame it. Could be some sort of sacrifice thing or it could just as easily be that we set up a base and there is a never ending battle there.

They've been really quiet on what exactly will happen at the Broken Shore. Hopefully we find out more in the beta.

If they're quiet it's cause usually there is nothing of note :p
Though I agree, we'll see. I don't personnally care, I'm more interested in everything about the continent rather than the legion invasion, and ultimately it's the right focus I think (100% legion would be boring fast).
I'm more worried about how the separate zone storylines will come together or not. Collecting pillars is definitely not enough.

From what they've said I expect a Woltk scenario, a final zone with the vilain waiting inside and his machinations being everywhere, and a few of his own apparitions. Well at least until Gul dan dies and the true villain in revealed to be somewhere else.

All three of the changes sound pretty cool and they've really made disc into something unique. I can't help but feel that it will be clumsy trying to heal people and then switch to the boss without some macros. I liked how warhammer had a friendly target pointer and an enemy target pointer so their hybrid dps/healing classes could keep hitting the main target while switching party members.

I admit I'm one of those people who saw chakram and decided to never play a holy priest while it was in. Holy sounds like the best "oh shit" healer yet. I'm curious to see how they'll handle holy paladins in comparison.

Shadow sounds great, first time I've been interested in it in awhile. I do see a glaring problem where you're not able to stay the insanity meter (based on the description of the mechanic) and it gets wasted because you're in some transition phase.

ZenaxPure

All three of the changes sound pretty cool and they've really made disc into something unique. I can't help but feel that it will be clumsy trying to heal people and then switch to the boss without some macros.

They should really add a check box to options that turns your heals into mouse-over macros without you having to setup each macro, far superior way of healing. I never ever un-target enemies in raids/dungeons on my healers because of them so I'm not worried about the new disc since this is already how I play.

sgjackson

I haven't played WoW seriously in years, but I was a Holy Priest who was totally turned off by the Chakra switch in Cataclysm and ran a Resto Druid for a bit until I lost interest cause the end of Cata was kind of a slog.

My old GM just sent me a text about Priest changes and I expected to read them and be disappointed but then I read they're dumping Chakra for all the reasons I hated it and are making Holy revolve around the buttons I loved with a cool mechanic revolving around a sweet, instant cast oh shit button.

I bought Mists and didn't play it much, didn't get Warlords, and I was keeping up with Legion info out of a weird sense of obligation, but knowing my old class is back to how I'd want it has just invigorated me with all kinds of hype. Time to dust off my old Priest. It's been a while.

also offspec tentacle monster

strafer

I haven't played WoW seriously in years, but I was a Holy Priest who was totally turned off by the Chakra switch in Cataclysm and ran a Resto Druid for a bit until I lost interest cause the end of Cata was kind of a slog.

My old GM just sent me a text about Priest changes and I expected to read them and be disappointed but then I read they're dumping Chakra for all the reasons I hated it and are making Holy revolve around the buttons I loved with a cool mechanic revolving around a sweet, instant cast oh shit button.

I bought Mists and didn't play it much, didn't get Warlords, and I was keeping up with Legion info out of a weird sense of obligation, but knowing my old class is back to how I'd want it has just invigorated me with all kinds of hype. Time to dust off my old Priest. It's been a while.

also offspec tentacle monster

Good. I hated the damn Chakra sound.

Magnus

Really pumped about Priest changes overall, as well. They hit the nail on the head when describing shadow as a series of ideas that didn't really connect into a cohesive whole. Great change. What I still don't understand though, is how one plays well to maintain Voidform for longer. Is there a risk/reward system going on? (Hope so)

Shahadan

Really curious about the priest class hall. Nailing a place that fits the three different specs will be hard, probably more than the other classes. Unless they just go with separate areas in a single building, but even then it has to fit somehow.

Top Bottom