• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

sgjackson

Really curious about the priest class hall. Nailing a place that fits the three different specs will be hard, probably more than the other classes. Unless they just go with separate areas in a single building, but even then it has to fit somehow.

prolly some dichotomy between light and shadow yin and yang shit

StMeph

I would just like to temper some of the enthusiasm and remind everyone that WoD sounded amazing as well, with a boatload of content that was also later cut.

sgjackson

I would just like to temper some of the enthusiasm and remind everyone that WoD sounded amazing as well, with a boatload of content that was also later cut.

a reasoned approach is probably wise, yeah. i'm in if artifact weapons and the holy priest changes make it, though.

ZenaxPure

Really didn't sound amazing though. I feel bad for people that thought it did.

It somehow turned out worse than it sounded though, I will give you that.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Damn you and your realistic expectations!!!!!!!!!

I think if Blizzard cut those transmog changes, people would want their heads on a pike.

Shahadan

Eh. The only time when we should be hyped is because of the first month of a new xpac, regardless of what happened before or what will happen after.

New stuff, new adventures, new repetitive end game content.

Let's not kid ourselves, we all know that down the line in Legion we'll experience a lack of content regardless of what they do, and complain than it has been a year since the last patch.
If there is a moment to be enthusiast it's now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Voidform, huh?

My issue has always been, with Shadow Priests, that they are still priests. So stuff like class halls, tier sets, and the like all appear strictly based on the holy rather than the Old Gods. Like there's no reason the Faceless Shroud set should have been a warlock set other than the fact that they had to appeal to the holy aesthetic of priests so they couldn't make it a priest set

idlewild_

Now that they have explicitly stated that the void is the domain of the old golds, I wonder if they will address all the intermingling between demons and void creatures. Archimonde even sends you to the Twisting Nether to fight a void creature and be chased around by void stars, meanwhile shadowfiends come out of the portal.

ampere

WoD was initially amazing. But only one content patch the whole expac and ultimately garrison centric play killed a lot of the fun. My main "wait for it" feeling is, will they actually be better about content patches.

Guess I have to wait till 8PM tomorrow evening for the Shaman overview. I'm anticipating good things.

I hope they remove shammy and u cry

Entropia

No One Remembers
WoD was initially amazing. But only one content patch the whole expac and ultimately garrison centric play killed a lot of the fun. My main "wait for it" feeling is, will they actually be better about content patches.

I hope they remove shammy and u cry

I would cry! However, it would mean I could finally move on. I've walked the 'I want to change my main' line so much

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Guess I have to wait till 8PM tomorrow evening for the Shaman overview. I'm anticipating good things.

I hope so. Neither ele or enhance were on the list of specs with major overhauls coming, so that's kind of a bummer. Especially for enhance. I'm not sure how much a resource change from mana to maelstrom will change how the spec plays.

ZenaxPure

Yeah this is my actual worry going into Legion. Everything they've shown so far looks amazing but if we only get 1 meaningful patch over the course of 12+ months I am going to be sad again.

Shahadan

Maybe it's a bit early but they should tell people how many patches we're going to get in total and a general idea of what they are.
Pandaria had that.

Should be standard practice actually. For WoD it was basically "buy that xpac, and for the future well there is another raid coming someday"

Khezu

Volley may return as a talent.

It fucking better, ridiculous they removed it in the first place.
Along with Eyes of the Beast.

Ashura_MX

Welp, I'm back in the tranches. Anyone playing Latam servers that can hook a gafer with non shitty bags? D: (Used to play EU servers so I'm fucked with all my toons stuck in Europe)

Or what is the cool kids (non-PVP / RP ) Alliance server?, I'm only lvl 11 so no problems jumping ship.

ampere

I would cry! However, it would mean I could finally move on. I've walked the 'I want to change my main' line so much

Just do it man. If you don't PvP, Shamans are nothing but pain! Always been great PvP healers though, and Enhance has been shining there too.

Yeah this is my actual worry going into Legion. Everything they've shown so far looks amazing but if we only get 1 meaningful patch over the course of 12+ months I am going to be sad again.

Yea. I mean it can't be that difficult to get a team always working on some new zone or island for in between major raid patches. It'd be a great way to provide fresh environments, and congregate people for those who like pvp.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just do it man. If you don't PvP, Shamans are nothing but pain! Always been great PvP healers though, and Enhance has been shining there too.

I would debate my monk, but the alt run I do on Saturday I have to DPS and fuck Windwalker is AWFUL! I went on my super undergeared Frost Mage this week and it was a lot more fun!

Controversial topic/question: I saw some people on Twitter are upset over the use of "Insanity" as a power for Shadow Priests because of its ties to mental illness et al. Does anyone else feel the same way?

cdyhybrid

I would debate my monk, but the alt run I do on Saturday I have to DPS and fuck Windwalker is AWFUL! I went on my super undergeared Frost Mage this week and it was a lot more fun!

Controversial topic/question: I saw some people on Twitter are upset over the use of "Insanity" as a power for Shadow Priests because of its ties to mental illness et al. Does anyone else feel the same way?

No. Seems to be going a bit overboard. If you remove any reference to real-life problems, you'd have a pretty boring fantasy world. The in-game insanity is because of dabbling in Old God shit, not because of genetics or a traumatizing experience you had no control over.

ZenaxPure

Yea. I mean it can't be that difficult to get a team always working on some new zone or island for in between major raid patches. It'd be a great way to provide fresh environments, and congregate people for those who like pvp.

Hell I don't even need that much personally. If you look at the small patches in MoP both just featured phased zones and that was good enough for me (though I didn't like the actual gameplay of the Barrens outside of the one time quests). I'd rather see them just modify existing zones to help move the main story along and then spend their art time on a new dungeon or two. Best of both worlds that way.

Kuntz

I remember when Brewmasters had "Drunken" in most of their spells.
Different thing but if they somehow rename Insanity, wow.
Aren't there spells that cripple, mutilate and shit? Haven't seen any disabled player complain. It's hard to not offend anyone, truly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I they like to be offended taht much I'd like to offend those people by pissing in their mouth

My opinion is pretty close to this, yeah. People need to fucking get over totally harmless shit like this.

Anyway I'm also really interested in seeing demo lock details. The small bits so far seem pretty fun, and the artifact being an eredar skull is a hoot.

Discipline priests always seem to get a rework at the start of every expansion only to end up in the same place. Cataclysm hyped up a similar kind of Atonement system, smite heals based on damage and gives stacks up to 5, cast archangel to consume stacks and gain mana and increased healing temporarily, etc. I like these more intricate systems, but past experience has shown that it only lasts for so long. Eventually the gear ramp and system changes come and you're back to shield spam.

It's also hard to balance numbers wise and the philosophy is inherently at odds with the 'triage' model. Instead of thinking, who do I need to heal right now, I'm thinking, should I be healing right now or doing damage? But damage (and healing through it) can't be too good otherwise you would just want Disc priests because they're 2-in-1s. But if damage/healing is too low then why cast damaging spells at all? Will it have a Cata style mechanic where you get punished for not maintaining stacks? Or will your other spells have such long CDs or minimal effects that you have no option but to cast smite just to fill the downtime? I like that it's an alternative way of thinking for a healer (and why I enjoyed Disc priest) but Blizzard doesn't seem to like that model based on previous experiments.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
sometimes stuff gets added as well

I'm sure there will be something, but they seem pretty far along so most things are probably set in stone by now. On the other hand from what they've said they still have the whole balancing process to go through, and I'm sure that alone will take months and pose problems considering their approach, so if something gets cut it will be stuff related to that.

That is so not how it works. Look at all the Blizzcon screenshots there.

I wish someone would do this for every expansion. Differences between Blizzcon and Launch. There's always something.

I'm gonna bet that Transmog system comes out with 7.1

Shahadan

I wish someone would do this for every expansion. Differences between Blizzcon and Launch. There's always something.

I'm gonna bet that Transmog system comes out with 7.1

Okay, artworks and videos of datamined unfinished stuff never shown at all.

Some stuff will be delayed as usual, and more canceled stuff will be found in the files, as usual. Now the only big catastrophe would be if they decided to scrap scaling, but the whole xpac is dependent on it (as well as challenge mode) so the risk is small.

I don't believe they have shown stuff that they will cut (although I expect the traditional island on the map to mysteriously disappear) because they have shown zones in video, dungeons in a reasonable number (so the usual package), and end game system that are trivial to put in place.
Challenge mode is just numbers, adventure mode is just more quests. Nothing there is particularly complex or hard to achieve.

The obvious delay candidate is indeed the transmog system, which is a complex thing, even if they are working on it since WoD.
My opinion is still that if things are thrown out it's because it won't go well with the balancing, so class and artifact stuff (also less pvp perks than announced I'm sure of it). I'm sure these will come back to bite them in the ass.

ampere

I never really play Windwalker, so I can understand that. Maybe another class? Idk

Nah. Insanity is a big part of the HP Lovecraft stuff, which is where the Old Gods come from. The cultists are insane, and that isn't really trivializing mental illness.

Plus, Insanity was already a talent

ZenaxPure

The vast majority of the things in that post are tied to art. We all already know that much of Draenor died at the hands of 2 garrisons with the like 100+ buildings they created. Look at Legion at blizzcon so far, they aren't promising 2 brand new cities built from scratch and a fully featured garrison system with tons of buildings. Broken Isles is only 5 zones at launch (6 if you want to count Broken Shore, but that's not a leveling zone). Dalaran is just an updated city.

That list is padded as fuck, most of the story stuff shouldn't even be considered cut content. If something exists purely as an idea like Yrel's Dark Secret that's not cut content, that is just the story changing at some point.

Really curious about the priest class hall. Nailing a place that fits the three different specs will be hard, probably more than the other classes. Unless they just go with separate areas in a single building, but even then it has to fit somehow.
I could see some sort of chapel that had a crypt in the basement. Maybe there is a crack in the floor of the crypt that had some sort of purple gel oozing from it that the shadow priests gather around.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Guys I'm nervous about Pally changes

I hope they give Holy a better AoE and also allow holy charges to not disappear over time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they bring back the utility and uniqueness of Shaman and Spriests then they've already made the best decision in WoW since LFD
Path 7.0
Trigger Warning: Pain
Trigger Warning: Death
KuGsj.gif

Hunter changes seem fresh, will have to try to judge.

Not sure how to feel about the priest changes, glad the vampire touch heal is back though.

Blink is off the gcd no? So displacement is going to be all levels of game breaking.

I like the sound of the glacial spike talent though.

Just buff wolves and remove ascendance. All they need to do.

I can only wish, I can only wish.

Honestly ascendance isn't even that imba anymore, I want mop level ascendance wolves strength, and no mo fire ele

idlewild_

What is "with Mastery from typical gear" supposed to mean? I know they are still tuning things, but it's hard to guess what the specs might play like without knowing what their assumptions are.

cdyhybrid

What is "with Mastery from typical gear" supposed to mean? I know they are still tuning things, but it's hard to guess what the specs might play like without knowing what their assumptions are.
Probably your average dungeon or raid geared player. It doesn't really matter, they're going to be tweaking numbers for months.

keffri

Damn I just spent 3 hours farming the schematic for Jeeves, but it was in my bank the whole time... Probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Top Bottom