• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Ashura_MX

Is there a deadline (obv. Release) when the boost to 100 will end? A lvl3 Garrison and skipping most WOD / Pandaria bullshit will be godly, but cant purchase the game until January.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there a deadline (obv. Release) when the boost to 100 will end? A lvl3 Garrison and skipping most WOD / Pandaria bullshit will be godly, but cant purchase the game until January.

The boost never ends, it comes with the purchase of the expansion. It isn't a pre-order only thing.

ampere

People who didn't use their lv90 boosts still have them even. So, nope no deadline

ampere

The Legacy of the Void current tech problems reminded me that during blizzcon there was an engineer interview where they talked about the WoD launch tech issues and how they resolved them . Also why we won't get more backpack slots, it was very interesting.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5262-Engineering-Community-Amphitheater-Discussion

I thought maybe some of you would like to watch/read that part

It's def interesting. It doesn't mean we won't get a bigger base backpack, just that the ancient code that is left over makes it super tricky!

Tenebrous

I'm there, spamming my ass off during the rep bonus trying to catch up on what I missed. A guildy asks me "Have you seen this item? [Medallion of the Legion]." Wow, thanks for telling me on Monday!

Anyway, I'm buying 35 (on Bladefist/Frostwhisper/Zenedar [EU] if you have one) of them so I can spank every faction to exalted without doing anything. Should get me to 84/90 factions exalted, I think... Then I can get back to doing the real grind (archaeology)!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't wait for druid...

Retribution Paladin

Lothar’s Might

30 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown

Flings a blade of holy light to the target location. Reactivating will teleport the Paladin to the blade and strike nearby enemies for moderate Holy damage.

Sweet.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It's going to feel so unbelievably good to not have to spam holy shock for 5 damn minutes before the raid decides to pull

What a time to be alive

Prot changes sound good, didn't care for holy power. I last mained a prot paladin during WoTLK, but these changes sound enticing.

Don't know what to think of Holy. Unless their heals are just uber powerful when close to players it sounds like a hassle and people will just gem anything but mastery. The beacon talent makes the mechanic sound trivial and may as well not exist.

Touch

rogues are last in class preview... all to ourselves.

*shivers*

not sure how to feel...

I'm really liking the druid changes. More towards actual hybrids. #bearcatting
I think the artifact models are questionable for feral (the actual daggers not the form) the guardian fist weapons look good and match the form a lot better in my opinion.

cdyhybrid

rogues are last in class preview... all to ourselves.

*shivers*

not sure how to feel...

I'm really liking the druid changes. More towards actual hybrids. #bearcatting
I think the artifact models are questionable for feral (the actual daggers not the form) the guardian fist weapons look good and match the form a lot better in my opinion.

Nope, Demon Hunters are!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Explosive shot is one of the most satisfying abilities though. It's up there with Stormstrike and Execute
LLShC.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Explosive shot is one of the most satisfying abilities though. It's up there with Stormstrike and Execute
LLShC.gif

i feel like they nerfed that feeling into the ground with Warlords. It was great after Wrath up until beginning of Warlords :(

i'm survival-preferred, so i'm not happy to see my favorite ranged spec disappear. also it seems like they are finally killing off Steady Shot and renaming it Cobra Shot. Cobra Shot wont even do magic damage anymore lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Come on, Blizz. Bring back Slam, OP and HS and let MS generate rage.

You royally fucked up Arms in WoD, people told you it was fucked up in the beta and instead of fixing it you just made it more fucked up. It's time to fix your errors.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Come on, Blizz. Bring back Slam, OP and HS and let MS generate rage.

You royally fucked up Arms in WoD, people told you it was fucked up in the beta and instead of fixing it you just made it more fucked up. It's time to fix your errors.

They were talking about classes getting complete reworks and were like 'Demo Locks and Spriests'

and it's like

ummmmmmm arms?

I can see them making slam core, maybe overpower for pvp usage, but I doubt they'll flip rage generation.

I don't even know what the arms warrior fantasy is. For me it's about big crits and 2 shotting people.

cdyhybrid

I can see them making slam core, maybe overpower for pvp usage, but I doubt they'll flip rage generation.

I don't even know what the arms warrior fantasy is. For me it's about big crits and 2 shotting people.

Should be this, IMO:

9LSQ8XJ.gif

But they don't wear plate. They seem more like AGI, but AGI melee can't use 2Hers.

I think it's supposed to be a calm, collected master of weaponry. Someone who can outduel any one in melee combat.

Tenebrous

Pretty much. Arms should hit higher than any other 2H melee class in pure physical damage.

Pretty much. Arms should hit higher than any other 2H melee class in pure physical damage.

I think they had a solid idea with execute doing a ludicrous amount of damage but they need to make it not so backloaded, needs to be controlled so we can weave it in with colossus smash. Basically same amount of DPS but less damage at execute range. Sudden Death should be core, but not rng and more of a result of a secondary resource building up, and doing similar to a full damage execute that we have now.

Eitherway I hope they define either Arms or Fury as single target. It's annoying that they're both subpar at single target, with one being relegated to cleave fights and the other burst aoe.

Should be this, IMO:

9LSQ8XJ.gif

But they don't wear plate. They seem more like AGI, but AGI melee can't use 2Hers.

I think it's supposed to be a calm, collected master of weaponry. Someone who can outduel any one in melee combat.

I wouldn't have minded them turning combat into a 2hand blademaster spec for rogues, I know that was requested alot when hero classes was an unknown thing.

Maybe they should dump rage as a concept for Arms. I could easily see them doing that if they want to reinforce a cool headed swordsmaster archetype.

I hope it's the legendaries... If I wanted to play Diablo, I'd just play Diablo.

Gimme dem random legendaries over stupid/boring/grindy expansion long quests any day.

I would prefer a random drop/unique quest experience like vanilla. Boohoo to the people who want legendaries handed out like candy.

Tenebrous

Gimme dem random legendaries over stupid/boring/grindy expansion long quests any day.

I would prefer a random drop/unique quest experience like vanilla. Boohoo to the people who want legendaries handed out like candy.

Give me genital warts over the current system.

But yeah, I'd go back to Sulf/TF/Atiesh/Valnyr/Mourne in a heartbeat. I'm fine with low % drops ala Glaives/Thoridal, too.

Daniel R

Weird to see people selling H Archimodne kills right now.

Everyone's going to wait for the moose

I read that it isn't a drop but a quest item drop, so Archimonde will not give the mount straight away. Hope it is solo content, or something I don't need a raid group to do.

Robin64

http://www.vanion.eu/interview/blizzcon-wow-interview-vanion-und-susanne-mit-j-allen-brack-14242

The WoW team has never been larger, there are 250 people on the team now.
The team really wanted to decrease the amount of time between expansions, so in Warlords they went with one major content patch. Not having the breadth of content and different patches like they had in previous years ended up being a mistake and is something they are going to change with Legion.
Legion should have a cadence of content that makes the game feel like it is changing a little bit more than it has in the past.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Daniel R

I'm getting excited about the Challenge mode with keystones.

I am imagining the current CM boost teams will use this to earn their gold but this time they only need 1 dungeon per buyer.

Let's say 20 is the cap of the keystone level. Finishing a challenge mode with a player offering up this lvl of keystone will give the whole group a weekly chest of loot that is of Mythic quality.

Since the gear is not capped in these new challenge modes, it will only get easier to do for the booster team as the tiers go on and they get more mythic loot from raids.
There is even an incentive to do this do prop up raiding.

For a player like me who is good at making a lot of gold but in a raiding environment is probably a low end hc player (capped by the gear I can get) this means I can probably pay my way to pretty good gear, that can get me a foot in the door for hc pug raiding.

I can guess a one dungeon run for the top lvl keystone will go for 30-40 k.

Winter times (always when it's colder) + content drought + lenient raiding schedule has me getting back into EVE again.

Wouldn't do it if I couldn't pay for my WoW sub with gold though.

EVE I'm not nearly as rich in WoW (something like 1/40 to 1/60 the equivalent net worth last I calculated), and with PLEX prices having risen to about 1.2 billion, it's difficult to pay for game time with ISK. Which is a shame cause I sorta need to run two accounts, so that's about $30 a month, little less if you buy time in bulk.

Shahadan

I don't see the problem with a handful of world drop legendaries. Especially if they're indeed relevant throughout the expansion.

It's cool if you get them, not a problem if you don't. Also peole should stop being anal about a damn color. It's just to make them stand out.

Robin64

Tell us about that!

So we thought — the Burning Legion is coming back to Azeroth, right? And to be honest, in World of Warcraft, we’ve never seen the Burning Legion at its full might. Like even in Outland, the planet was already shattered — it was the dregs, it was the left behind forces. So what does that look like? Well, they’re coming, right — so in this pre-patch event, they’re going to invade places all over Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. And we have — and I think we showed some screenshots of it in the overview panel — we’ve got these enormous Legion citadels, these gigantic flying buildings that just land and like implant themselves on the ground.

Kind of like the Scourge invasion?

Similar, yeah! And we have some new tech that allows us to have buildings that just embed themselves in the ground, and demons will just pour out of this, and the whole zone’s going to have to come together, there’ll be some quests to do to cleanse that zone. And this invasion will be happening for the weeks leading up to the expansion, so big, big stuff is going down! You’re going to get to see the Legion in full force, and I hope you saw all the new demon models yesterday — it’s…the Legion is coming! (laughs)

UNF. Sounds so GOOD.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/09/interview-dave-kosak-talks-class-halls-flying-and-more-from-legion/

Top Bottom