• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Kangi

Glad they realized Affliction's DoTs felt too weak. Destruction changes are meh, and I really want to test out the new Demonology.

Hope Drain Soul and Shadowburn will still be around. It'd be weird to bring Soul Shards back into focus and not have those.

That destruction mastery, going to see some high chaos bolt #'s.

Hope they keep in tome of sacrifice still.

Wish they highlighted the demon changes more, I'd like it best if they each had a dps niche. Imp for mass aoe, Succubus for pure single target, Felguard for cleave, Felstalker for mobile fights or has a mana burn.

iirate

I've been really interested in destruction lately, but didn't want to level a warlock and learn a spec if it was going to end up reworked anyways, so I'm very happy to see it's just getting some more polish.

Of course, shaman is still my one true love, so hopefully tonight's article sounds so fantastic that it makes me forget about everyone else forever.

aw350

Banned
The pre-event sounds good - mainly because it's global. I suppose they will put some pets / transmog onto the legion guys as well...

--
Of course, shaman is still my one true love, so hopefully tonight's article sounds so fantastic that it makes me forget about everyone else forever.

Enha / ele got mana replaced by 'maelstrom' (works like focus, I figure, you gain it by using abilities, then you spend it by using other abilities, don't know whether it decays or regens naturally), if you didn't hear.

aw350

Banned
I hope they bring back two handed for Shamans

That's very unlikely. They are trying to reduce all places where you can choose a two-hand or a pair of one-handers to just one thing. Since enha will likely continue to dual wield...

(I hear you though, a proc of windforce from a two-hander in a BG was lovely.)

iirate

Enha / ele got mana replaced by 'maelstrom' (works like focus, I figure, you gain it by using abilities, then you spend it by using other abilities, don't know whether it decays or regens naturally), if you didn't hear.

I have heard, along with the other changes whispered at Blizzcon(no searing/magma, totem system rework). I think shaman has a lot to gain from this xpac's apparent philosophy, and there has been some exciting dev tweets about shaman over the last couple of days as well.

I mained resto from vanilla to MoP, but ele has really had my attention in WoD. I think those two specs are well made, and some attention to the broader class stuff would do a lot for shaman at this point.

aw350

Banned
I mained resto from vanilla to MoP, but ele has really had my attention in WoD. I think those two specs are well made, and some attention to the broader class stuff would do a lot for shaman at this point.

A word of caution on DPS shamans in general and ele in particular: don't do it if you ever want to PVP. Just don't. Stay resto. It's a new addon so every spec has a chance to be viable, but all things being equal, ele is terrible by design - the spec's strong point that has to offset its weaknesses is high burst and since they have been trying to make PVP less bursty for two addons now, that strong point was mostly erased so weaknesses are all ele has.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm curious to see how Maelstrom works for Elemental.

Will it be like rage? energy/focus? Chi/Holy Power?

i.e. build Maelstrom with LB/CL and spend with Lava Burst. Although, seeing as how Class Fantasy was the most overused phrase when describing the reasoning for class changes I can see them changing up Lava Burst as our big 'nuke' for something that's a bit more all-elemental (i.e. Elemental Blast)

aw350

Banned
I'm curious to see how Maelstrom works for Elemental.

Will it be like rage? energy/focus? Chi/Holy Power?

i.e. build Maelstrom with LB/CL and spend with Lava Burst. Although, seeing as how Class Fantasy was the most overused phrase when describing the reasoning for class changes I can see them changing up Lava Burst as our big 'nuke' for something that's a bit more all-elemental (i.e. Elemental Blast)

I just wish LB on the move back (and get rid of Earthquake - it's fine as a gimmick, but as the AOE staple... maybe if it is insta-cast).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
New demo sounds really cool and fun, but having damage be mechanically tied to pet attacks definitely has the potential to be inherently inferior to traditional damage specs due to pathing/LoS type shit. You're essentially a caster with the range limitations of a melee class, since much of your damage is coming from melee-range pets, but you can't directly control them so they can't intelligently move/adjust like an actual melee player.

I hope they make it work, because I like the idea of the spec a lot.Hand of Guldan pooping out a squad of imps sounds awesome, and having a near-permanent pair of new model felpups (dreadstalkers) doing work is cool too.

frequency

Demonology sounds interesting, but I do not look forward to having 20 imps and other random demons clogging my screen during group content on my melee characters.

My class fantasy for elemental is just casting lightning. I want a fancier graphic for fulmination and a talented replacement for lava burst. Also fuck elemental blast.

We have three classes that specialize in fire already and just elemental Shaman who is like half lightning :(.

I like ele best when in TBC when I had my lightning capacitator.

aw350

Banned
Speaking of class blogs, tomorrow we are also going to have the one for DKs. All runes become the same type (qq) and all that...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My class fantasy for elemental is just casting lightning. I want a fancier graphic for fulmination and a talented replacement for lava burst. Also fuck elemental blast.

We have three classes that specialize in fire already and just elemental Shaman who is like half lightning :(.

Gross. Lava Burst is the coolest part of being ele.

aw350

Banned

It was *the* king in MoP on arenas for 70s, btw.

People were getting glads that way (there was a bug where you could get glad by pumping rating in non-max-level brackets, then leveling to max-level - the rating stayed with you).

Speaking of class blogs, tomorrow we are also going to have the one for DKs. All runes become the same type (qq) and all that...

It's today I think. In 3 hours.

Lavaburst initally was cool in Wotlk (besides consuming flame shock), it began to feel too spammy with Panda and WoD. Whenever I play my elemental shaman it feels like I'm hitting with a wet noodle constantly.

It was *the* king in MoP on arenas for 70s, btw.

People were getting glads that way (there was a bug where you could get glad by pumping rating in non-max-level brackets, then leveling to max-level - the rating stayed with you).

Haha, so broken it broke the game mechanics. I was so excited when that dropped off fel hoof. I ran out of mana so quick in TBC as a elemental shaman :(. I think you pretty much needed a shadow priest or else you were screwed.

Tacitus_

Immolate critical strikes have a 30% chance to generate a Soul Shard.

No.
Nononononononono

Why can't we just have our fillers generate partials like it is now. Conflag generating a SS is nice so at least it isn't Affli level bad, but this is a stupid direction to take the mechanically most well rounded spec.

I need to figure out why every time I start up WoW it gives me a high piercing sound for a second. It's the only application on my PC that does this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
300+ kills later across 12 alts and
ncR3Oez.jpg
the nightmare is over

Need more info on Unholy. Sounds sorta interesting, but more complicated at the same time.

Still probably gonna play Frost. Not changing that much and it seems they're making it even more idiot proof with that Killing Machine change. That talent they listed though - meh. I hate, hate abilities with medium-short length CDs like that. It's another thing you have to keybind because you'll use it just often enough for it to be core, but not enough to be primary. Another thing you have to keep track of rotationally.

And 2H Frost dying is whatever, hasn't been playable in forever, and isn't the fantasy (at least for me.)

Anoregon

Need more info on Unholy. Sounds sorta interesting, but more complicated at the same time.

Still probably gonna play Frost. Not changing that much and it seems they're making it even more idiot proof with that Killing Machine change. That talent they listed though - meh. I hate, hate abilities with medium-short length CDs like that. It's another thing you have to keybind because you'll use it just often enough for it to be core, but not enough to be primary. Another thing you have to keep track of rotationally.

I think unholy actually sounds pretty simple. Rune spending priority will be:

1- Keep disease up (outbreak)
2- Make sure target has at least one Festering wound (Festering Strike)
3- Scourge Strike as long as there is at least one festering wound

Not sure if DnD will be part of single target rotation or just for AoE, but if so I imagine it's just used on cooldown.

RiP my howling blast spam, looks like it hits for fuck all outside of rime procs now, I'm also going to miss KM frost strikes.

Death striking with runic power is also super weird, just thinking about it gives me kind of a headache.

Bone strike seems cool thought, and imo much cooler than wod rune tap so that's a good spec.

Dunno how they expect blood or unholy to aoe when dnd is on CD tho.

Bonestorm and frost impaling thing sound cool though.

Those Ret Paladin cooldowns seem a little long. I hope there isn't a lot of downtime between abilities.

I hope there is.

I much preferred late Cata ret of having empty globals but everything hitting pretty hard and TV hitting like a god damned firetruck compared to mop/wod ret of hitting something every gcd but everything feels like shit and hits like shit and has no impact and wow i have no interest in playing this spec anymore because holy fuck this is boring.

A word of caution on DPS shamans in general and ele in particular: don't do it if you ever want to PVP. Just don't. Stay resto. It's a new addon so every spec has a chance to be viable, but all things being equal, ele is terrible by design - the spec's strong point that has to offset its weaknesses is high burst and since they have been trying to make PVP less bursty for two addons now, that strong point was mostly erased so weaknesses are all ele has.

What are you on about, late mop ele was ridiculously good in pvp.

Too true.

Lavaburst initally was cool in Wotlk (besides consuming flame shock), it began to feel too spammy with Panda and WoD. Whenever I play my elemental shaman it feels like I'm hitting with a wet noodle constantly.

MoP Gatling gun proc insta cast lava burst was the best, randomly gibbing people from full was hilarious.

Wotlk hitting for more than 1/2 your hp lvb was p boss too.

Honestly I don't even remember Cata lvb, I guess it left like no impression on me.

Either way I hope they bring lvb hitting like a truck back, without it ele is nothing to me.

iirate

As far as ele goes, I love Lava Burst to death, and want it to be powerful again. I also actually like Earthquake, even if it is a huge pita. They just need to find a way to keep those elements of the spec and make flinging lightning feel good again too.

I'm not sure they can do all three, but I sure hope they try.

cdyhybrid

Interested to see more of the DK. Wondering how Blood will even function without Blood Boil for quick AOE aggro if DND is on cooldown.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just tanked an instance using the Steam Controller and it was pretty good. I managed to get most of my buttons bound, a couple are still missing but I'm just messing around with the settings for now. It actually works really well, if there was a second set of buttons instead of that stick it would be absolutely perfect. I can still set commands to that stick so I'll try that out later.

Anoregon

I might actually have to make a demonology warlock

I've always liked Demo thematically, but sort of fell out of love with the spec throughout MoP and especially in WoD as it become so focused on metamorphosis, so the Legion changes are especially appealing to me.

So I just tanked an instance using the Steam Controller and it was pretty good. I managed to get most of my buttons bound, a couple are still missing but I'm just messing around with the settings for now. It actually works really well, if there was a second set of buttons instead of that stick it would be absolutely perfect. I can still set commands to that stick so I'll try that out later.

Make left trigger blood boil and right trigger death strike.

What more could you possibly need?

Unholy DK sounds interesting. I'm not touching frost, I got my DK to like 92 and gave up because it wasn't fun, dual wield (too spammy with howling blast) or 2hand (too simple). Sounds like they're making it even easier.

So far I'm interested in playing Demo, BM or Surv Hunter, Shadow Priest or Ret Paladin. Want to see what they have in store for arms/fury, ele/enh & moonkin now.

edit: Oh wow, I should be following warcraft devs. Guess they removed Hammer of Wrath, they said Warriors should be Kings of execute range and they're pulling it back on other classes. I suppose that's one way to make our backloaded damage more meaningful.

Eklipsis

Poor 2hand frost. The end is nigh.

Yeah he's not well geared I haven't played in 2 years and don't have WoD yet. Wasn't sure if 2h or dual and read dual as better but not by much and I wouldn't know where to pick up some good 1h at from the most raids

Top Bottom