• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I do agree that earthshock could use a rename and a new visual graphic with some more power behind it. Calling down a lightning bolt from the sky with a loud crack would fit nicely. The weak ass shit fulmination does now isn't up to par with the fantasy.

I do agree that earthshock could use a rename and a new visual graphic with some more power behind it. Calling down a lightning bolt from the sky with a loud crack would fit nicely. The weak ass shit fulmination does now isn't up to par with the fantasy.

There was an interview quote somewhere about more animation people than ever before and spicing up class visual identity. Maybe more spells will have the pop they so sorely desire. I'm all for those massive explosions devastate was rocking in TBC. Any day now, bliz, you'll get it right again.

iirate

There was an interview quote somewhere about more animation people than ever before and spicing up class visual identity. Maybe more spells will have the pop they so sorely desire. I'm all for those massive explosions devastate was rocking in TBC. Any day now, bliz, you'll get it right again.

I was thinking about this last night and I agree. I think simply renaming the ability to Fulmination at this point would be a nice start, but I bet they're trying to find a thematic way to tie the elemental spenders together(but even then, Earthquake is a spender now, so I dunno).

aw350

Banned

Candidate effect: a big honking totem appears in the air and smashes the target, a flurry of electric sparks with the 'bzzzzzt' sound follows, if this was the last hit, the skull cracks open. The end. :)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wow, so instead of Arms spamming WW they will spam Slam. Great job, blizzard!

There was not a single exciting change for Fury and Arms. I will never understand why blizzard keeps designing Arms around a rotation that no one fucking likes. Having 2 Dps buttons isn't fun, it's awful.

[edit]

And bringing back some attacks as talents is downright dumb. So, if I want my rotation to be fun I have to gimp my overall DPS? Wonderful.

This is what happened with Slam in WoD, they gave it as a talent so people who didn't want to Spam MS and WW had something else to do but no one picked it because it was god awful.

Warriors will complain and give solutions to how to fix this godawful spec and they will not listen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, so instead of Arms spamming WW they will spam Slam. Great job, blizzard!

There was not a single exciting change for Fury and Arms. I will never understand why blizzard keeps designing Arms around a rotation that no one fucking likes. Having 2 Dps buttons isn't fun, it's awful.

[edit]

And bringing back some attacks as talents is downright dumb. So, if I want my rotation to be fun I have to gimp my overall DPS? Wonderful.

This is what happened with Slam in WoD, they gave it as a talent so people who didn't want to Spam MS and WW had something else to do but no one picked it because it was god awful.

Warriors will complain and give solutions to how to fix this godawful spec and they will not listen.

Well to be fair, "bringing attacks back as talents" isn't just a warrior thing, it's the paradigm for the talent system itself in Legion. All specs have a basic default skillset that can be significantly augmented and altered by talents, and the talent system is going to be much more spec-specific than it currently is. I don't see that as a bad thing.

cdyhybrid

RIP my favorite spec.

Yeah, we know literally nothing about the rest of its abilities, every single talent except one, and artifact progression, but it's definitely dead.

Trust me.

Daniel R

The main boosting guild on my server lowered their price for 13/13 mythic HFC + mount + all loot except warforged/slotted if their regular roster needs it.

I am very tempted at this point. What else to spend in game gold on?

Yeah I remember that. I'm guessing they haven't had an art pass done yet or else we'd see some videos of the new abilities in the class preview.

I'm not going to criticize blizzard that hard on rotations yet, because they've been dropping talents as a big thing and they already are a big thing rotation wise for some classes. I'm looking at it thematically and what their fantasy goals are. Especially with warriors they seemed to emphasize that talents shape a good portion of it. I'm just glad we're moving away from rend and whirlwind, what our apm or rage generation will be is anyone's guess.

Einchy

RIP my favorite spec.

Yeah, we know literally nothing about the rest of its abilities, every single talent except one, and artifact progression, but it's definitely dead.

Trust me.

Arms has been dead for over a year now.

Trust me.

Einchy

Can you tell me what the Arms artifact boosts are? I'll probably level a Warrior alt since we can use all 3 specs now, so I'm curious.

Yeah, let me get right on that.

Blizzard has been fucking up Arms since WoD, and they are retreading on everything they fucked up a year ago, why exactly do you think it will be different this time?

If they wanted people to be excited about the upcoming changes (which is what these blog posts are supposed to do) then they should, you know, actually tell us about the new changes that will improve the class. I don't care about how much damage Arms does, I just care about the core rotation and how fun it is and this blogpost did nothing to address that issue that has been happening for over a year.

So you can be snarky all you want but nothing about that blogpost elicits any sort of confidence in them.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, let me get right on that.

Blizzard has been fucking up Arms since WoD, and they are retreading on everything they fucked up a year ago, why exactly do you think it will be different this time?

If they wanted people to be excited about the upcoming changes (which is what these blog posts are supposed to do) then they should, you know, actually tell us about the new changes that will improve the class. I don't get about how much damage Arms does, I just care about the core rotation and how fun it is and this blogpost did nothing to address that issue that has been happening for over a year.

So you can be snarky all you want but nothing about that blogpost elicits any sort of confidence in them.

Might as well just quit then.

OR

You can play the beta, get an actually fully-formed picture of the class, and submit your (well-thought out) feedback to Blizzard. You know, since every talent row is supposed to be a choice between active ability, proc, and passive effect - which means potentially 7 extra abilities that we weren't told about.

I think It's coming sooner than people think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hey guys what about gladiators

KuGsj.gif

Can you tell me what the Arms artifact boosts are? I'll probably level a Warrior alt since we can use all 3 specs now, so I'm curious.

wtb mace stun or unsub.

Beta can't be much longer. They said before the end of the year and you know they're not going to be full staffed christmas week. I hope my excessive level 100's qualifies me for beta but I'm sure they didn't appreciate me not acknowledging my hearthstone beta for the 2 months it sat in my email box.

ampere

hey guys what about gladiators

KuGsj.gif

There's a reason it was a talent... so they could ax it if it didn't work out.

But I think they are going for the direction where all tanks have extra resource spenders to do solid damage, but no mitigation, so gladiator might be kind of outdated in that regard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can't wait for beta to start just to have all the datamined shit and articles to look through on mmochamp and wowhead. I'm not even that concerned about being in the beta itself.

focusing more on actual melee abilities and having an real resource to work with instead of cooldown juggling is a good thing.

No it really is not.

If I wanted to be a shitty warrior with shaman graphics I'd reroll warrior and use tmorph.

Arms has been dead for over a year now.

Trust me.

I wonder why it's so hard for blizzard to admit that they completely failed in the WoD arms redesign and go back to late MoP, late Cata, or late WOTLK arms, all of which were infinitely more fun to play.

Daniel R

Wouldn't be what I'd spend the gold on, but hey, go for it if you want to.

Anyone wanna do Mythic dungeons (EU)? I'm yet to do one, and my guild is too inactive to find a group there.

I think like this:
I can make 1,5 million gold in about 100 hours played doing garrisons and AH.

That gives me a unique mount I will have to wait 2 more expansions before I can start soloing it with a 1% chance drop rate.
I also get probably at least 1 loot per boss + 10 of my own bonus rolls => 25 mythic loot pieces. 4 pc T18 mythic <3 + class trinket <3

I also unlock the Curve achievement so I can cheese my way into normal or hc groups so I can have fun each week getting the ring upgrade items.

Having mythic items from the start is a hell of an incentive to care about the valor upgrades. I would rather spend time getting valor for that than for my crafted items or lfr gear or kazzak gear.

With that kind of gear + curve achievement I can probably also start doing mythic dungeons more easily which is more content to do.

I also unlock the mythic shipyard cache which is a chance to get warforged items every 2 weeks.

I'll wait with the boost until after the patch so I also get the moose mount started.

StMeph

With that kind of gear + curve achievement I can probably also start doing mythic dungeons more easily which is more content to do.

Wat?

I don't disagree with your analysis in that the value of buying a clear is proportional to your in-game income and not necessarily in gold, but the quoted part makes no sense. You don't need anything close to Mythic raid loot to do Mythic dungeons.

Daniel R

Wat?

I don't disagree with your analysis in that the value of buying a clear is proportional to your in-game income and not necessarily in gold, but the quoted part makes no sense. You don't need anything close to Mythic raid loot to do Mythic dungeons.

I haven't tried mythic yet, but I've heard it leaves almost no room for error.
I guess the gear is the push I need to actually dare try it.

Also, the achievement + ilvl will help with group invites.

Shahadan

Wat?

Maybe it was a typo but I have found than many people think mythic dungeons = mythic raid difficulty or thought that the logical progression was heroic raid and then mythic dungeons.

ampere

I haven't tried mythic yet, but I've heard it leaves almost no room for error.
I guess the gear is the push I need to actually dare try it.

Also, the achievement + ilvl will help with group invites.

Mythic dungeons are tuned for 660 gear. With 700+ they are basically faceroll

Anoregon

No it really is not.

If I wanted to be a shitty warrior with shaman graphics I'd reroll warrior and use tmorph.

I'm struggling to picture what it is that folks who are so unhappy with the enhance changes actually wanted when it comes to spec changes. In addition to Enhance being the far and away leader of every"what spec needs a rework the most" poll I've seen on various sites, actual metrics also show it to be one of, if not the consistently least played spec (perhaps barring monks, due to there just being fewer of them leveled). Clearly the current state of the spec's gameplay wasn't appealing to a large number of players, and pretty much any change to the spec big enough to actually have a significant impact was going to have to involve moving away from the resource-less, mash buttons on cooldown system.

I know you can't please everyone all the time, but lamenting the fact that Blizzard is actually taking the steps necessary to bring Enhance out of the confused, low skill cap purgatory (yes, I am asserting that managing a resource to maximize damage inherently has a higher skillcap than a cooldown-based system) it's been in for like 2 expansions now seems misplaced. I also think it's silly to bemoan how similar the spec is to fury warrior based solely off of a single blog post giving pretty minimal details.

Entropia

No One Remembers
No Chi for Brewmaster's lol

That masterychange is weird.

Mastery = Dodge, basically?

Powerful themes fuel the Guardian Druid, but the gameplay falls short of delivering on them. In particular,

Similar to Brewmasters, here we focused on getting more depth out of less complexity.

lol...

Anoregon

I see they threw in the towel on fistweaving. Oh well. It was always a cool idea that never worked right, too bad they couldn't figure it out.

ampere

Our Mistweaver is fuming that they are removing Fistweaving, it's his favorite part of the spec.

I don't like the dodge mastery for Brewmasters, or Gift of the Ox. Hoping to see iteration on that. I do like the Ironskin Brew/Purify thing.

I know you can't please everyone all the time,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19955664/legion-class-preview-series-shaman-11-10-2015

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19955664/legion-class-preview-series-shaman-11-10-2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3sckyz/legion_class_preview_series_shaman/

It's the only class where the reaction is pretty much 100% negative.

And yeah, enhance is easy, I've been saying that since forever, but that has literally 0 to do with why the class is unpopular, and you can add depth without giving them c-tier rage or ruining the mix of spells and melee that spec is supposed to be about.

Even something like DK's runes to runic power conversion would be much more interesting than spamming shit for rage.

Thank god for that earth storm fire change.

It doesn't sound like you'll be able to use it on two target fights though, shame, and I'm a bit worried, if they do 150% damage altogether, that they nerf WW's 100% damage to compensate like they did in wod.

Combo breaker sounds like it could be great fun, but with only blackout kick as a no cd chi spender, might be iffy.

Also, way too many abilities ending with mist for mistwalker, that aftertaste heal thing until your next heal sounds cool though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Our Mistweaver is fuming that they are removing Fistweaving, it's his favorite part of the spec.

I don't like the dodge mastery for Brewmasters, or Gift of the Ox. Hoping to see iteration on that. I do like the Ironskin Brew/Purify thing.

I honestly liked a base-level stagger being tied to Blackout Kick. I also liked Chi. I was going to switch over from my old guy but now I'm not so sure.

Rokal

So they are removing all of the self heals from Brewmaster (besides Gift of the Ox orbs, because the mechanic where you spastically move your character around and pray it doesn't cause the boss to move out of position has worked so well...) and the entire gameplay will just revolve around passive dodge effects and alternating between removing or increasing stagger?

No thanks. What a boring design change. I had already planned to drop my Brewmaster main for Legion since I wanted a change of pace, but neutering the active mitigation part of the spec makes that decision even easier.

Anoregon

Out of all the tank specs so far I think Blood sounds the best. Fairly simple overall but you have to choose to spend runes on blood strikes for maximum runic power (death strikes, essentially) or marrowstrike for bone shields.

Also they totally should rename Enhancement since people still fucking think it starts with "ench". "Primal" would work imo. Pretty surprised they haven't changed the spec names of any of the specs that have the same name across multiple classes, like frost and holy.

I honestly liked a base-level stagger being tied to Blackout Kick. I also liked Chi. I was going to switch over from my old guy but now I'm not so sure.

Yeah without it blackout kick feels kinda purposeless, nothing but damage.

It's not like it was a hard mechanic either not sure why they removed it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah without it blackout kick feels kinda purposeless, nothing but damage.

It's not like it was a hard mechanic either not sure why they removed it.

Exactly, I always liked how Brewmaster played but stuck with my warrior just because I've used it for so long. There was no reason to change Brewmaster this much, all it needed was a few tweaks not an entire revamp.

Then again I feel similarly about protection warriors, we were in a great place that could have been made better with a few tweaks and now this.

Arms is still the most boring spec of all time, they desperately need to bring overpower back because it's just a joke at this point.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bloodthirst critical strikes or activating Berserker Rage will Enrage you, increasing attack speed by 100% and damage taken by 30% for 6 sec.
Uh, Bloodthirst is a builder. You have to spam it. Why am I opening myself up to 30% extra damage taken just for using my standard rotation? Unless there's just some obscene amount of damage as an upside or crazy regen hidden somewhere Fury Warriors would basically be the most vulnerable targets in the game.

cdyhybrid

Uh, Bloodthirst is a builder. You have to spam it. Why am I opening myself up to 30% extra damage taken just for using my standard rotation? Unless there's just some obscene amount of damage as an upside or crazy regen hidden somewhere Fury Warriors would basically be the most vulnerable targets in the game.
Maybe it's a typo and it's supposed to be damage done &#128541;

Top Bottom