• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Entropia

No One Remembers
Uh, Bloodthirst is a builder. You have to spam it. Why am I opening myself up to 30% extra damage taken just for using my standard rotation? Unless there's just some obscene amount of damage as an upside or crazy regen hidden somewhere Fury Warriors would basically be the most vulnerable targets in the game.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/664517318030954496
Correct. Being Enraged reduces your defenses. However, that's offset by a much higher max health, and very high self-healing.

Also https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/664524346975649792
Fury's artifact is indeed a pair of 2-handed weapons. They looked a little small in the preview; we'll be scaling them up a bit.

Unless it's something obscene like 200% higher health fury is going to dead in pvp and not really wanted in PVE.

Deathwish was a CD so it was fine, on something you want up as much as possible it's going to be fucked tho.

No way they won't backtrack on it.

30% is way too much unless they're not mentioning something else. It's effectively passive in pve considering the uptime on enrage. I could see it if it were a DPS cooldown or some sort of toggle.

They also mentioned heroic strike and overpower for arms fury as talents that do not replace anything. Rend is available as a talent again and for arms.

ZenaxPure

Agreed, it sounds like it will make your rotation/priority a little less rigid, depending on how the cooldowns line up.

I think the thing for me is that it is an interesting twist on the combo point system that makes it sound more monk-like (constantly switching up your attacks between a bunch of kicks and punches) while also making itself unique in the process. Combo point systems are typically all about maxing out and then unleashing but this mastery will encourage using finishers as in-between skills. It's a neat approach. Like I said though, need to see some talents, could probably use another active ability in there personally or maybe a proc of some sort because with just the base skills it actually sounds kinda rigid.

I like the direction though, out of all the changed specs they've shown so far WW is the one I am most interested in trying out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
30% is way too much unless they're not mentioning something else. It's effectively passive in pve considering the uptime on enrage. I could see it if it were a DPS cooldown or some sort of toggle.

They also mentioned heroic strike and overpower for arms fury as talents that do not replace anything. Rend is available as a talent again and for arms.

Maybe they're upping Fury's self-healing?

Maybe they're upping Fury's self-healing?

I think they upped Bloodthirst but all the self healing in the world won't help you on the mythic or even heroic mechanics that do burst damage. If it were a state we could choose to be in like a stance then I could see it, but right now I'm doubting we'll do significantly more damage than other classes to warrant the healing resources. Still the talents could go towards reducing the penalty, but right now I think it's a terrible idea

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

cdyhybrid

I think they upped Bloodthirst but all the self healing in the world won't help you on the mythic or even heroic mechanics that do burst damage. If it were a state we could choose to be in like a stance then I could see it, but right now I'm doubting we'll do significantly more damage than other classes to warrant the healing resources. Still the talents could go towards reducing the penalty, but right now I think it's a terrible idea
It won't make it to live if it's bad. It would make the class unplayable.

It won't make it to live if it's bad. It would make the class unplayable.

Yeah I have enough faith in that. They pointed out we have +31% more health compared to other classes, which helps with initial burst damage, the self healing will have to be good enough to make up for damage beyond that. Usually you're popping defensive cd's during that anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

let's fucking go legion

reading

Yoshichan

Ah yes, the good'ol "we're changing balance and resto stays the same because it's already fine"-idea

I'm not even mad! I just wanted a bit more for resto ._. The reason why I rank Cata so high up there was because of the massive healing revamp. I wish I could experience that feeling again.

I guess I'm in the minority for liking the eclipse system; am I reading this wrong or could I just spam wrath or starfire and spellsurge when charges are available. Wouldn't I just pick whichever one (nature or arcane) that the bosses are weak to and spam that for the entire fight? That sounds terrible.

Shahadan

Wouldn't it be cool now that we have timewalking and a scaling technology that they would put a reverse timewalking system.

Like, at a point during our inevitable year long content drought before an expansion, they could allow us to play one dungeon from the next xpac. Like a preview timewalking or something.
Wouldn't add as much work as creating new, soon to be obsolete content.

Or a training area where to test future class changes. Less ptr or beta shenanigans, more feedback (could be dangerous :lol: )

I realize why this is not feasible, but man would that solve some of our woes.

Edit: actually that's basically what we had with the theramore scenario and it sucked and didn't feel good to do it at 90 again, so, scratch that :lol:

Wouldn't it be cool now that we have timewalking and a scaling technology that they would put a reverse timewalking system.

Like, at a point during our inevitable year long content drought before an expansion, they could allow us to play one dungeon from the next xpac. Like a preview timewalking or something.
Wouldn't add as much work as creating new, soon to be obsolete content.

Or a training area where to test future class changes. Less ptr or beta shenanigans, more feedback (could be dangerous :lol: )

I realize why this is not feasible, but man would that solve some of our woes.
Could you imagine how many raid tiers would be lost to implement such a feature?

Ah yes, the good'ol "we're changing balance and resto stays the same because it's already fine"-idea

I'm not even mad! I just wanted a bit more for resto ._. The reason why I rank Cata so high up there was because of the massive healing revamp. I wish I could experience that feeling again.

I loved the beginning of Cata because of all the mechanical/difficulty changes it brought; having to use CC and mitigation in dungeons, mana management, boss mechanics not being trivial, etc. But I also understand that wasn't what most people were looking for and people preferred for that stuff to be more restricted to raids.

Balance sounds like it's better off but it's so similar to elemental shaman that I'd rather play that. Don't care about Cat, Bear sounds more how I imagined it should be, Resto was fine and they acknowledged that. Now it's the waiting game for the talents which sound like they can change a great deal.

Alex

Shaman and Monk changes, the classes I was playing the most at the end uh... Those don't seem too good. And Fistweaving is gone? ...Why? Because people only used it for mana regen? But Blizzard is the one who gutted it into that and even then people still managed to get good use out of it way beyond that.

Really sad, Fistweaving was fun as hell, no downtime in raids, great use in 5 man runs really and it had such a cool aesthetic. Seriously was hoping they'd double down on it like Disc and not gut Mistweaver into another shitty Priest/Druid combo like they do with every healer now.

Stuff like this makes me so wary about an expansion I'm already wary about. I was also interested in Holy Paladin until the Beacon news came out and they said no melee would really be done... like really? Healing game is just stagnating so hard and they seem terrified to commit to any change.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Shaman and Monk changes, the classes I was playing the most at the end uh... Those don't seem too good. And Fistweaving is gone? ...Why? Because people only used it for mana regen? But Blizzard is the one who gutted it into that and even then people still managed to get good use out of it way beyond that.

Really sad, Fistweaving was fun as hell, no downtime in raids, great use in 5 man runs really and it had such a cool aesthetic. Seriously was hoping they'd double down on it like Disc and not gut Mistweaver into another shitty Priest/Druid combo like they do with every healer now.

Stuff like this makes me so wary about an expansion I'm already wary about. I was also interested in Holy Paladin until the Beacon news came out and they said no melee would really be done... like really? Healing game is just stagnating so hard and they seem terrified to commit to any change.

They probably got rid of fistweaving because not only are Demon hunters being added to make raids already melee heavy, now Holy Paladins and Survival Hunters are going to be put into melee range as well.

Probably not great to make so many people in melee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Eclipse Bar has been completely replaced
I imagine I'm in the minority in here, but thank fucking god. I played a boomkin in BC and really enjoyed the tanky caster spec and felt that, other than a Warlock and a Hunter, it was my only character that could truly handle any situation the game threw at me solo.

I have one in MOP/WoD for farming but the few times I've done raiding on it I despite that stupid eclipse bar and having to keep track of it.

ch0mp

I guess I'm in the minority for liking the eclipse system; am I reading this wrong or could I just spam wrath or starfire and spellsurge when charges are available. Wouldn't I just pick whichever one (nature or arcane) that the bosses are weak to and spam that for the entire fight? That sounds terrible.
Boomkins have a new resource now; astral power, so its like other specs where you have resource generators (lunar strike/wrath) and spenders (starsurge/starfall) etc

erawsd

I'm struggling to picture what it is that folks who are so unhappy with the enhance changes actually wanted when it comes to spec changes. In addition to Enhance being the far and away leader of every"what spec needs a rework the most" poll I've seen on various sites, actual metrics also show it to be one of, if not the consistently least played spec (perhaps barring monks, due to there just being fewer of them leveled). Clearly the current state of the spec's gameplay wasn't appealing to a large number of players, and pretty much any change to the spec big enough to actually have a significant impact was going to have to involve moving away from the resource-less, mash buttons on cooldown system.

What people wanted was better damage distribution, worthwhile cleave, utility that matters, mobility, and an overhaul of some of the most embarrassing talents tiers in the game. all of that can be done without stripping out the heart of the spec. And its fine if others dont like the gameplay style, theyve got 35 other options. Rogues are one of the least played classes in the entire game, that doesnt mean blizz should throw away combo points/energy and slap a focus bar on them just because hunters are twice as popular.

I know you can't please everyone all the time, but lamenting the fact that Blizzard is actually taking the steps necessary to bring Enhance out of the confused, low skill cap purgatory (yes, I am asserting that managing a resource to maximize damage inherently has a higher skillcap than a cooldown-based system) it's been in for like 2 expansions now seems misplaced. I also think it's silly to bemoan how similar the spec is to fury warrior based solely off of a single blog post giving pretty minimal details.

Obviously, there are going to be some differences between fury and enh but there is no question that the core design is closer to the fury warrior design than what it current has.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Bear Druid changes sound OP, that +armor ability is way too strong as is. Gameplay is basically going to be dumping every once of rage into that ability to keep it up and stacked to high heaven. Halfway through the fight they'll be taking no physical damage since it stacks without limit.

So basically all tanks got made boring, except Bears. Bears were turned into tanking gods. Nice job keeping things balanced Blizz.

ampere

So basically all tanks got made boring, except Bears. Bears were turned into tanking gods. Nice job keeping things balanced Blizz.

Nah. Too early to tell without seeing talents, defensive CDs, and further tuning after beta is up.

That Frenzied Regen is very likely too cheap and too strong for example. It's more important to look at the concept: a large heal based on % of damage taken in the last 6s as a HoT.

Daniel R

Do you think we will get the new spells, abilities and talents in the invasion pre-patch (4-6 weeks) before Legion release?

Also, will be interesting to see how Moonkins will feel to play. I didn't like the eclipse mechanic.

Starfall being an area targeted spell sucks for old content aoe farming.

cdyhybrid

Do you think we will get the new spells, abilities and talents in the invasion pre-patch (4-6 weeks) before Legion release?

Also, will be interesting to see how Moonkins will feel to play. I didn't like the eclipse mechanic.

Starfall being an area targeted spell sucks for old content aoe farming.

I think all the changes to game systems go live with the 7.0 patch. The actual content (i.e. the Broken Isle zones) and anything that starts or takes place in them goes live with the expansion launch.

Diodiablo

Banned
The gun, they gave us a gun...

Oh god I'm fainting!

giphy.gif

Rogue is looking good. I imagined the class fantasy for subtlety and assassination to be reversed, assassination about killing someone quick and sticking to the shadows, and subtlety about doing underhanded things without getting caught, like poisoning people. It was kind of setup that way in vanilla with cold blood and crazy backstab damage on assassination but it was switched around cata. Eitherway names are just names and they're still very similar.

Outlaw looks mostly the same as combat, except pistol shot is proc based replacement for revealing strike. Visually it's much more distinct which I think was needed. Hopefully they tune the numbers to be competitive rather than just being a niche cleave spec.

I'm really curious how they're handling spec roles this expansion for DPS. Currently I frequently switch between specs depending on the encounter, but artifacts make this sound much less feasible. I wonder if their goal is to make each spec viable at multiple situations through talents. I don't want to level an artifact only to find out my spec is garbage at single target and the raid tier I'm on is currently geared toward single target.

ZenaxPure

Like what I am reading for rogue, assassination continues to evolve as it does each expansion (4 combo points from mutilate is so fucking sexy and they are bringing garrote back as a wound proccing machine!!!!!! I missed you so much buddy). Outlaw looks like combat still but with a few more interesting abilities, enjoy that all the skills are being changed to something else (plz give good animations to match blizz). Sub looks surprisingly awesome as (in pve anyway kek) you will constantly be going into stealth and given access to a 30 yard teleport and that talent will let you restore energy in stealth, pretty sexy. Also seems like they are dropping SnD from sub which is great as it always felt like padding that didn't really snergize with our other abilities like it does for Combat Outlaw. Don't like that they kept backstab around though even if they made it usable from the front.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rogue changes look pretty cool, but I wonder if they are enough to get them away from the "poor mans demon hunter" trope that is going to be inevitable when the new kids come to town.

Top Bottom