• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Recklessness used to increase the damage taken by 33% and you know what would happened? Warriors couldn't use their DPS CDs properly in a lot of fights because it was too much of a risk to use them if there was a lot of damage going on. No one wanted to pop their CDs and then die 2 seconds later because the boss did some attack.

Now they want to implement that throughout the whole fight? Utterly madness.

You could argue the upsides but there are no upsides to this.

ampere

I hope they realize how dumb of an idea it is to have a melee spec take 30 percent more damage for pretty much the whole fight. How did that even get impliment into the game? That's a suggestion that should have never even left someone's lips, let alone actually make it into the game.

It's not implemented. We're at pre-beta right now.

Give feedback that you don't like it and why, and when beta comes we'll start to see iteration.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's not implemented. We're at pre-beta right now.

Give feedback that you don't like it and why, and when beta comes we'll start to see iteration.

It's implemented in their current version of the game.

Just because this isn't beta or live doesn't excuse Blizzard actually thinking something like this is a good idea.

"Guys, what if, let me finish, what if we had a spec that took 30 percent more damage"

People actually heard someone say this and agreed it was a good idea. It's just as dumb as them suggesting Rogues would now only use staffs or something completely and utterly insane.

This will be changed, I'm 100% certain of it but it's still baffling that something like this got far enough for them to announce it in the class blogposts.

idlewild_

Even in Vanilla I don't remember it being that punishing. 5% increase to damage taken for being in Beserker Stance. Another 5% increase to damage taken for Death Wish, which lasted 30 seconds and could be controlled completely.

It was 20% at launch, dropped to 10% about a month later due to how stupid it was.

iirate

With a full heirloom set, the first 60 levels can just melt in a blur of dungeon queuing. And as a healer, it's like 5 minutes tops queuing for low-level content.

Dungeons are fastest, but I still prefer soloing when leveling characters, and I have all of the healers leveled at this point, anyways. I just don't have a lot of free time to level more characters right now. I'd still like to try to finish the rest of them at some point if I can.

ZenaxPure

Legion seems less alt-o-holic friendly than WoD.

I wouldn't exactly use that phrasing, it seems less friendly to people who want to maintain multiple specs/classes for high end raiding. For actual alt-o-holics (aka people who want to level and play multiple characters) it looks great because there will actually be things to do with those alts.

I say that as someone with 14 max level characters. This has been the least fun expansion to have alts in because of the lack of content. 6.2.2 is the first time I've started to have some fun with characters that aren't my rogue thanks to various changes. Next patch is looking pretty good too.

With tri-spec'ing, the artifact system supposedly taking months for just one spec, as well as all of the changes to the profession system, Legion seems less alt-o-holic friendly than WoD.

The game has been trending against alts for a while now. Sunsong Ranch and (early) Panda rep grinds were prohibitive to grow and maintain on alts. Few people wanted more than one legendary cape ever. The Garrison is a shithole without good catchup mechanics (like transferring resources on the same battle.net account). WoD legendaries were more obnoxious to obtain than Pandaria's were.

On the one hand I miss being engaged with all of my alts, I felt like I always had something new to learn about the game playing so many classes actively.

But now I don't have two subs running, so there's that nice bonus.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand I really liked teb and the gameplay it allowed in both pve an pvp, on the other it became a bit too ridiculous at times, like soloing a fully geared druid in a RSK>FoF>TOD through barkskin in MoP and the sheer amount of damage it gave with mastery.

And imo in WoD from the sounds of it (because I never leveled my monk even tho it was one of my 2 mop mains because of how much I hate wod leveling).

Like I just looked at logs uptime on the damage buff is super high, way to high like it was high in SoO but this is much worse, they let it get way out of hand.

IMO they should have just kept it in but with a lower non scaleable percentage, like 20/30/40% and like mid low uptime with no way to increase stack generation or damage /w mastery or w.e.

But turning it into a normal cd is such a step backwards for such a unique ability compared to other damage cds.

ampere

It's implemented in their current version of the game.

Just because this isn't beta or live doesn't excuse Blizzard actually thinking something like this is a good idea.

"Guys, what if, let me finish, what if we had a spec that took 30 percent more damage"

People actually heard someone say this and agreed it was a good idea. It's just as dumb as them suggesting Rogues would now only use staffs or something completely and utterly insane.

This will be changed, I'm 100% certain of it but it's still baffling that something like this got far enough for them to announce it in the class blogposts.

They are probably trying to bring that berserk stance feel back, but it's kinda silly.

Yeah I'm not sure if trading garrisons for artifact weapons is better or worse alt-wise. The weapons themselves look to be bad spec-wise which is even worse; like if you pick a spec that happens to end up trending low, you might be shit out of luck until you can switch gears. That's not gonna be fun.

I'd rather deal with artifact weapons though than having another grind like the ring or the cloak. Ring is probably worse than the cloak with HFC being part of the chain, rather than just the playground for the item. I have no motivation to finish a 3rd+ ring. Hell, I have limited motivation to even upgrade my alt's ring every week, and that's easy enough if I cared.

Shahadan

I'd be happy to grind adventure mode for artifact power if this allows me access to a few spec exclusive awesome quests (I hope there is more than one though, for now it doesn't sound like it).

ZenaxPure

I'd be happy to grind adventure mode for artifact power if this allows me access to a few spec exclusive awesome quests (I hope there is more than one though, for now it doesn't sound like it).

I'm going to assume only 1 per weapon. Mostly because there will be over 30 of these things which is a lot of questing assuming they don't completely phone it in. Back during MoP they said they had to choose between Townlong or Class Quests (and cut the other) as they took around the same amount of effort to implement. Seems fairly accurate since it looks like Legion will only have 4 leveling zones (Yeah I realize Suramar is a zone as well but it is for 110 only and we have no idea exactly what we will be doing in there).

Don't really consider it a bad thing either. They've already said they won't be as elaborate as like the green fire quest but as long as they are as meaty as the ones from vanilla I will be personally happy. Those quest chains are some of my favorite in the entire history of the game.

Real wish talk though, I think it would be cool if you got some sort of new quest when you reached one of the big milestone talents on the artifact tree (maybe a quest to fully unlock the power or something like that) but at that point we are looking at literally another couple hundred quests they would have to add.

Shahadan

I'm going to assume only 1 per weapon. Mostly because there will be over 30 of these things which is a lot of questing assuming they don't completely phone it in. Back during MoP they said they had to choose between Townlong or Class Quests (and cut the other) as they took around the same amount of effort to implement. Seems fairly accurate since it looks like Legion will only have 4 leveling zones (Yeah I realize Suramar is a zone as well but it is for 110 only and we have no idea exactly what we will be doing in there).

Don't really consider it a bad thing either. They've already said they won't be as elaborate as like the green fire quest but as long as they are as meaty as the ones from vanilla I will be personally happy. Those quest chains are some of my favorite in the entire history of the game.

Real wish talk though, I think it would be cool if you got some sort of new quest when you reached one of the big milestone talents on the artifact tree (maybe a quest to fully unlock the power or something like that) but at that point we are looking at literally another couple hundred quests they would have to add.

Well, they should have scrapped shitty townlong as far as I'm concerned ;(
I recall them saying at gamescom that artifact skins were unlocked by specific quests (the ashbringer UI screen implied that a faction leader gives you quests for each) but I don't know if this will make it in.
Could be very simple ones though, I don't know.

QIYOOMk.jpg

I expect that a final quest completing the very first one is a given though, this is usually how these things go. Would feel incomplete otherwise.

But yeah I agree, huge amount of work.

Khezu

They should have pulled a Survival Hunter and made Outlaw a ranged class that used Dual Pistols.

But should have changed like Sub to outlaw and have a sword/dagger/pistol as the 3 specs.

Then again I don't play Rogue and have no idea what they do or want, just that they hate everyone and Blizzard seems to forget they even exist.

Nere

A week after blizzcon and the barrage of legion news I only find one huge flaw that we will be stuck with wod for 9 more months or more..........

ZenaxPure

Well, they should have scrapped shitty townlong as far as I'm concerned ;(
I recall them saying at gamescom that artifact skins were unlocked by specific quests (the ashbringer UI screen implied that a faction leader gives you quests for each) but I don't know if this will make it in..

I liked Townlong >_> <_<

But yeah they mentioned a similar thing at blizzcon as well. I assume those won't be as elaborate as the main quest chain for obtaining the weapon but who knows. That doesn't mean they won't be cool though, tiny quest chains could easily add some more flavor to the lore of the weapon which would be cool.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
A week after blizzcon and the barrage of legion news I only find one huge flaw that we will be stuck with wod for 9 more months or more..........

This flaw outweighs everything else for me. The shortest wait for me has been BC->WotLK, but that was only because that's when I started playing.

Ever since then the absolute travesty of a wait time for expansions is finally inexcusable for me.

This shit is ridiculous.

I wouldn't exactly use that phrasing, it seems less friendly to people who want to maintain multiple specs/classes for high end raiding. For actual alt-o-holics (aka people who want to level and play multiple characters) it looks great because there will actually be things to do with those alts.

I say that as someone with 14 max level characters. This has been the least fun expansion to have alts in because of the lack of content. 6.2.2 is the first time I've started to have some fun with characters that aren't my rogue thanks to various changes. Next patch is looking pretty good too.

The game has been trending against alts for a while now. Sunsong Ranch and (early) Panda rep grinds were prohibitive to grow and maintain on alts. Few people wanted more than one legendary cape ever. The Garrison is a shithole without good catchup mechanics (like transferring resources on the same battle.net account). WoD legendaries were more obnoxious to obtain than Pandaria's were.

On the one hand I miss being engaged with all of my alts, I felt like I always had something new to learn about the game playing so many classes actively.

But now I don't have two subs running, so there's that nice bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would rather there be too much stuff to do in Legion with just two or three toons versus what there is in WoD. If other players can go through WoD and do multiple garrisons and shipyards, and then do the same with artifacts, more power to them. I could barely stand doing one garrison and I won't know about the artifact system until the beta.

This quote sort resonates with me...

King Gilga said:
I'd do 1-90 10 times before doing 90-100 again.

I am having so much fun leveling up my Shaman (in Northrend right now) versus the Warrior I basically have shelved in my garrison (boosted from 60 to play WoD with friends). I only log in to do garrison follower missions and funnel the gold into my Shaman. I am in no rush to power level my way up to Draenor. I'm going to farm mounts, work on engineering, get Loremaster achievements for BC, WotLK, Cata and MoP. Do whatever I can to delay entering Draenor and then spend as little time there as possible. I just joined a guild which is intent on raiding, and being ready for Legion but it's pretty casual and laid back so far.

I do like Frostfire Ridge though.

Shahadan

At least beta is probably really close now (3 classes blogs per day is a sign, if nothing else). I want people to datamine because I'm curious, but I kinda don't like that :lol:
Ruins too much surprise.

ZenaxPure

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would rather there be too much stuff to do in Legion with just two or three toons versus what there is in WoD. If other players can go through WoD and do multiple garrisons and shipyards, and then do the same with artifacts, more power to them. I could barely stand doing one garrison and I won't know about the artifact system until the beta.

Well it's mostly just I don't find them comparable. Doing 14 garrisons per day I can tell you it is not overwhelming. I am typically done in like 30 minutes tops (I don't collect ore because I have no use for it and I do less work orders nowadays for obvious reasons). That was mostly my point, garrisons aren't overwhelming because they don't really offer much gameplay.

I very much want to be overwhelmed. Logging on any alt knowing that there is meaningful content I can go and do is my favorite feeling in this game and one WoD failed to give me until recently.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At least beta is probably really close now (3 classes blogs per day is a sign, if nothing else). I want people to datamine because I'm curious, but I kinda don't like that :lol:
Ruins too much surprise.

The F&F take home beta whatever thingy isn't even up yet. I'd be surprised if beta starts in November.

Shahadan

This is probably the first time my alts are unused. It used to be a good feeling to hit max level on a alt and having a few options to gear it, now between the legendary quests, the shipyard intro, the fucking tanaan intro to unlock the damn quests, ugh....the only option is to hit ashran and grab shitty gear with honor or conquest.

ZenaxPure

This is probably the first time my alts are unused. It used to be a good feeling to hit max level on a alt and having a few options to gear it, now between the legendary quests, the shipyard intro, the fucking tanaan intro to unlock the damn quests, ugh....the only option is to hit ashran and grab shitty gear with honor or conquest.

Tanaan still has a ton of stuff I don't like about it but honestly flying has made it 10000x more enjoyable for me. Been gearing up my hunter in empowered baleful stuff lately, I just randomly fly around doing bonus objectives and swooping down to kill rare spawns/pick up treasures. Intro quests are just w/e now thanks to flying.

Also still don't care about the legendary quests outside my main really which helps. Even MoP which is my favorite xpac I only got 1 cape. Have 0 desire to grind out that much LFR for an item that won't do much for me.

Tenebrous

Is Deck Defender bugged? I've tried on multiple toons, but the Barrage shootin' dragons don't drop below 1hp until after they get the first Barrage off, which kinda makes it impossible.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is Deck Defender bugged? I've tried on multiple toons, but the Barrage shootin' dragons don't drop below 1hp until after they get the first Barrage off, which kinda makes it impossible.

I got it on tuesday. I was...killing them as they dropped off the vrykuls. Did you get in all of gorianas swirlies and stop all the sappers?

Tenebrous

Well you didn't defend the deck though.

"Defeat Warmaster Blackhorn on Normal or Heroic Difficulty without allowing any Twilight Barrages to damage the Skyfire."

Shouldn't have to defend from Gorina. I thought you could just shoot down the Twilight things before they fired, but apparently not. I'll get it next week.

Robin64

"Defeat Warmaster Blackhorn on Normal or Heroic Difficulty without allowing any Twilight Barrages to damage the Skyfire."

Shouldn't have to defend from Gorina. I thought you could just shoot down the Twilight things before they fired, but apparently not. I'll get it next week.

No, this is exactly how I did it a few days ago. Just had a button which targetted the Twilight Assault Drakes, spammed that so I knew when they were coming, then killed them before they got a shot off. Didn't worry about Garonia at all.

And the achievement does also say "from Twilight Barrage", which only the Twilight Assault Drakes use.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizzard soon isn't real soon. Beta by Christmas.

ZenaxPure

OOooooo

Rogues got new finisher animations, Warriors got a new Mortal Strike animation, swipes and effects also were updated

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good. All I want in life is to not spin in a circle while a special effect I can barely see pops up on an enemy.

ZenaxPure

If Gnomes can now be hunters at least let Draenei be rogues.

After all the Rangari stuff in WoD this seems like something that might happen eventually. I know they are technically rangers of some sort but uh they have stealth as good as rogues and many of them are dual wielding swords and no bow. That is just a rogue.

Top Bottom