• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JSoup

Banned
The Felreaver noises seem to be happening for people when people join/leave a group. So the question is, what addon do they all have that's doing it?

That's what that is? I thought it was something Ashran related.
Edit: People are saying it is, also related to loading screens.

Robin64

That's what that is? I thought it was something Ashran related.
Edit: People are saying it is, also related to loading screens.

Well Ashran is a lot of group joining/leaving, so I dunno.

I haven't seen anyone confirm they are getting it with no addons installed, is the weird thing.

Edit: Finally saw someone say they had addons disabled.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm really kind of fiending for this beta to start. I don't even care that much about getting in it myself, but having a firm start date gets us that much closer to a launch since xpac bets tend to follow a fairly similar time frame. Also I need to see the big spec changes and artifact stuff in action once people are putting up tons of videos and streaming. I'm hoping it starts the week after thanksgiving.

Robin64

While waiting for Legion beta, I've been looking at the earliest maps in previous betas/alphas that are available and it's fun seeing what changed.

Draenor is particularly fun because it's where we are now, so everything is fresh. It has the original plan for Gorgrond, where Iron Horde had a much larger presence and the Botani stuff was likely going to be in "Faralohn". You can also see Khadgar's place doesn't exist, and instead is the time travel device that we were going to get to Draenor with.

Pandaria didn't change much at all. Interesting note, the map name is HawaiiMainLand.

Northrend has a few changes. Storm Peaks is mostly unpopulated with things at this point, and Dalaran is a simple town on the floor of a rather multi-colored zone.

Outland is a good one. Blade's Edge is really rough, Black Temple is far less awesome, Netherstorm has no greenery.. Lots of subtle changes all over.

Bonus map: Kalidar - Battleground which has been in since 0.5

ZenaxPure

I'm really kind of fiending for this beta to start. I don't even care that much about getting in it myself, but having a firm start date gets us that much closer to a launch since xpac bets tend to follow a fairly similar time frame. Also I need to see the big spec changes and artifact stuff in action once people are putting up tons of videos and streaming. I'm hoping it starts the week after thanksgiving.

Yeah this is pretty much exactly how I feel. Want it to get started because it means we're closer. But I do actually want to play a little myself this time to see all the rogue changes first hand even though I know things will change dramatically over the course of the beta.

Anyway, I am actually liking this mini-patch myself. More expansion to timewalking is cool (and especially as I love the launch cata dungeons). Mythic dungeon changes are nice as someone who isn't raiding anymore (haven't had good luck on upgraded items yet though), and valor is whatever, it's primarily there to give people a little nudge who are stuck on a raid boss. Seems pretty lame to complain about the patch when they aren't even labeling it as a 6.3 or anything, but some people are never happy so whatever.

Also I've been hearing that fel-reaver noise as well and I haven't updated any addons for a couple of weeks now. So it has to be on Blizz's end.

Tenebrous

Timewalking is actually kinda fun. Gives me a chance to play Prot for the first time since Firelands, and thanks to my fully gemmed/enchanted/set bonus gear set, it's laughably easy.

tariniel

Thinking about playing again and kind of want to play a ranged dps this time. Last few times I played were Feral/Resto (wod), and Enhancement/Resto (wotlk).

What's the most fun ranged class to level up solo, and do solo-type things at the end of the game? Probably won't raid, just want to kill some time I guess. I could play the ranged specs of my other classes but I kind of want to level something, so probably not boom Druid or ele Shaman.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/21882800/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/21882799/

latest

Edit: lol, so much for that. They were links to Legion 7.0 general and bug support forums, but they were taken down already.

Tenebrous

Thinking about playing again and kind of want to play a ranged dps this time. Last few times I played were Feral/Resto (wod), and Enhancement/Resto (wotlk).

What's the most fun ranged class to level up solo, and do solo-type things at the end of the game? Probably won't raid, just want to kill some time I guess. I could play the ranged specs of my other classes but I kind of want to level something, so probably not boom Druid or ele Shaman.

Solo-type things makes me think hunter/warlock. Can't underestimate the importance of a pet when playing lone wolf.

That being said, you could do some Timewalking dungeons on your feral/resto, and get some gear for Balance spec in the progress.

ZenaxPure

Timewalking is actually kinda fun. Gives me a chance to play Prot for the first time since Firelands, and thanks to my fully gemmed/enchanted/set bonus gear set, it's laughably easy.

They are all tuned to be super easy anyway, you can never have the same experience you had in each expansion with the way classes have changed over the years. Timewalking mostly exists as an archival sort of thing which is fine, old content shouldn't just be forgotten forever because a new expansion comes out.

Fun is subjective and all that but BM hunter is strong, one of the best solo specs in the game. I personally like playing it a lot as well, most of your damage comes from your pet and your abilities serve to just buff him. It's a dynamic I like a lot.

Anoregon

What did it say?

They were just empty forum pages marked "Legion 7.0 General Discussion" and Bug Report. They were also listed like this for a minute before being taken down:

2015-11-18_20-01-31-2i8W63gK.png

Anoregon

I still think it's unlikely to go live prior to Thanksgiving. First or second week of December is my guess.

Can't wait to not get in!

The salt all over the mmo-c boards and elsewhere is going to be the most delicious yet.

"I bought the annual pass, and I didn't get an invite!"

"I've been a top 25 raider since vanilla and I didn't get an invite!"

"My WoW youtube channel has 30,000 subscribers and I didn't get an invite!"

"I heard from a guy somewhere that his second cousin twice removed got an invite and sold it wtf blizz!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been in like every beta since the Cata one despite lapsing a few times. It takes a little of the magic out of that first moment setting foot on the new continent. I'm glad I didn't get in the WotLK beta, it would have ruined that Howling Fjord moment for me. Even so, I'll probably take a look just so I can see how the class changes are.

Shahadan

I usually create a horde character in beta so my main Alliance experience is still fresh. It works better when there are faction specific zones, though.

ZenaxPure

I've been in like every beta since the Cata one despite lapsing a few times. It takes a little of the magic out of that first moment setting foot on the new continent. I'm glad I didn't get in the WotLK beta, it would have ruined that Howling Fjord moment for me. Even so, I'll probably take a look just so I can see how the class changes are.

Yeah, I've had access to every beta but the only one I bothered to mess with was the TBC one. Made it about halfway through Hellfire before I was just like eh I'll just wait for launch. Going into the story stuff blind is always fun, but, I really want to see Legion asap as well.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
They were just empty forum pages marked "Legion 7.0 General Discussion" and Bug Report. They were also listed like this for a minute before being taken down:

2015-11-18_20-01-31-2i8W63gK.png
Crossing my thumbs. And I want in to actually report bugs.

I kind of don't want to know too much about Legion before going in. Broad information about if they're delivering on the new systems like the profession system upgrades, the new prof user interface, and the transmog user interface is great but I don't want to know too much about the classes being tweaked, the new zones, the demon hunter, the class halls, the questing...I want to experience most of this the first time I play Legion.

It's going to be hard to avoid because beta discussion will be everywhere.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
While waiting for Legion beta, I've been looking at the earliest maps in previous betas/alphas that are available and it's fun seeing what changed.

Draenor is particularly fun because it's where we are now, so everything is fresh. It has the original plan for Gorgrond, where Iron Horde had a much larger presence and the Botani stuff was likely going to be in "Faralohn". You can also see Khadgar's place doesn't exist, and instead is the time travel device that we were going to get to Draenor with.

Pandaria didn't change much at all. Interesting note, the map name is HawaiiMainLand.

Northrend has a few changes. Storm Peaks is mostly unpopulated with things at this point, and Dalaran is a simple town on the floor of a rather multi-colored zone.

Outland is a good one. Blade's Edge is really rough, Black Temple is far less awesome, Netherstorm has no greenery.. Lots of subtle changes all over.

Bonus map: Kalidar - Battleground which has been in since 0.5

Why do you think Dalaran is on the floor and not floating? It's a top down view dude.

And those Icecrown buildings look suuuper rough. It always looked like someone built it and then they completely started over.

ampere

Any clue if you can get them from bonus rolls?

I don't think so. We had personal loot on and the two I got tonight were just automatically put into my bags so it seems separate from the standard loot. Didn't have to loot the boss like you do for normal loot.

ZenaxPure

I don't think so. We had personal loot on and the two I got tonight were just automatically put into my bags so it seems separate from the standard loot. Didn't have to loot the boss like you do for normal loot.

Yeah in one of my groups I saw it instantly pop up in the chat log for someone in my party the second the boss died so it seemed not tied to the bosses or anything, oh well. Hopefully it isn't that rare.

Quick question - How hard are Mythic dungeons? I'm in a "social" guild but a couple of the higher ilvl players were thinking about giving it a go this weekend, just wondering if it's out of my reach (I'm ilvl 702).

Diodiablo

Banned
Quick question - How hard are Mythic dungeons? I'm in a "social" guild but a couple of the higher ilvl players were thinking about giving it a go this weekend, just wondering if it's out of my reach (I'm ilvl 702).

Not much, with your ilvl you should not have problems, unless you are tanking and biting more than you can chew.

Top Bottom