• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Hixx

Monk Hall being on the turtle is some pretty great shit.

I'm so happy they're bringing back flavour to the classes. I miss WoW feeling like a fucking RPG.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's also an updated map of Eastern Kingdoms that shows Dalaran floating over Karazhan. Interesting.

Kangi

Looks like there's something going on over there in the forest west of Tirisfal.

0v6s2y.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think that's always been there, but if not we already know at least one of the Paladin artifacts comes from around there (it's essentially been revealed that Watcher Tyr's corpse is under there.)

Lomax

ampere

Ugh. Fucked up a few times on our Mythic Mannoroth P4 attempts... would have got the kill had I played better. Had one 0.3% wipe

fml

ZenaxPure

Thought the same thing lol

Mostly joking around obviously haha, but, so far out of everything they've shown Monk is looking like my first alt I will want to level up when I am done with my Rogue. New windwalker mastery looks a lot of fun to me, I love their artifact weapon (love Uldum, Tol'vir and especially Skywall), and if the Wandering Isle really is their class hall that is like the cherry on top.

Kuntz

Looks like weapon enchantments are a thing of the past but shoulders and gloves are back. I hope we'll get something with more flavor and fantasy than "+x stat".

Can"t help but notice the "books and music" part from what seems to be inscription.

Also robotics.

ZenaxPure

Enchants listed on wowhead looked crazy and weird. Like enchants effect other enchants?

Enchants
In parsing the spell data, here are the major updates we found for enchants:
Rings have low-tier "Word" enchants for critical strike, versatility, haste, or mastery. These have 3 ranks.
Cloaks have low-tier "Word" enchants for strength, agility, or intellect. These have three ranks.
Necks can be enchanted to summon a satyr, fallen sentinels, or a loyal druid. Their strength/abilities are augmented by high-level ring and cloak enchants.
High-level enchants are known as "Bindings" and also have ranks.

No idea what is up with any of that.

Kuntz

Oh yeah I forgot about those mark of the druid things on necks.

The ranks look like "crafting experience", the more you craft something the better you'll get at making it.

edit
Enchanted Chicken - Strega the Hag, in her youth, was always careful to keep her enchanting and her animal husbandry neatly separated. As time wore on, however, her eyesight, aim, or strict moral codes must have deteriorated... Profession:Enchanting
please look like the rooster I'll never get.

strafer

Felsaber - A special creation of Lord Illidan gifted to his most trusted demon hunters. Class Demon Hunter

nice

Prestigious War Wolf - At Warchief Hellscream's command, Horde trainers began raising wolves to thrive in the shock and ferocity of sustained combat.

Yay, more wolves.

%s asks you to wait.
%s kicks into the air.
%s makes a rude gesture at %s.
%s makes a rude gesture at you.
%s makes a rude gesture.
%s motions for you to follow.
%s scowls.
You make a rude gesture at %s.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

%s cheers for the Alliance!
%s cheers for the Horde!
You cheer for the Alliance!
You cheer for the Horde!

FORTHEALLIANCE
FORTHEHORDE

So I guess Blizz wants everyone to be nice to each other.

Anoregon

Listed under the mounts section on wowhead:

Spirit of Eche'ro (Archaeology) The spirit of Huln Highmountain's pet moose.

Consolation prize for those of us who don't get a heroic archi kill in before 7.0, I guess?

Daniel R

The ranks look like "crafting experience", the more you craft something the better you'll get at making it.

I don't think that is it.
The Blizzcon profession panel talked about recipes having 1-3 stars. You learn the 1 -star recipe first through doing a profession quest and as you keep doing your quests you will eventually learn the 2-star recipe. 3-star recipes will be harder to get and may drop from rare mobs or given after a harder quest chain. 3-star recipes will possibly require fewer materials or have shorter cooldowns.

Anoregon

Hmm, pretty spoilery:

The Amalgam of Souls - Immense soul energy was released when Gul'dan conducted the ritual to sever Illidan's soul from his body at Black Rook Hold.

Zelias

Banned
Hmm, pretty spoilery:

The Amalgam of Souls - Immense soul energy was released when Gul'dan conducted the ritual to sever Illidan's soul from his body at Black Rook Hold.
Other spoilery stuff from datamining:

Vanessa VanCleef faked her death in Deadmines. Koltira is back, but doesn't want to talk about what happened in the Undercity. Blood-Queen Lana'thel has a daughter, also a vampire, locked up in the Violet Hold. Ysera and Cenarius both have black and red nightmare corrupted models.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here managed to download the beta client? I followed a guide by Marlamin on how to do it but to no success.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is it even out yet?
I've seen mention of a few people that have it. And MMO-Champion/Wowhead are datamining the first build, so something is out anyway.

Trying to force Battle.net to download it via a .bat command returns this:

betae7xhs.png

strafer

Rösti;186168086 said:
I've seen mention of a few people that have it. And MMO-Champion/Wowhead are datamining the first build, so something is out anyway.

Then the beta will probably roll out next week.

Also, haven't the friends and family beta been in motion for a while?

maybe someone leaked it.

Anoregon

Then the beta will probably roll out next week.

Also, haven't the friends and family beta been in motion for a while?

maybe someone leaked it.

Blizz tweets right at the time the datamining was made public on mmochamp/wowhead seem to indicate it wasn't a leak, its more likely they just pushed the client to a server that savvy people are able to pull from.

Also, this better be a pet I can get:

Top Bottom