• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

I did all 8 dungeons last night and got 2, some guildies got 3, some only got 1, and a few unlucky people got 0. Not sure what the % drop is

Quick question - How hard are Mythic dungeons? I'm in a "social" guild but a couple of the higher ilvl players were thinking about giving it a go this weekend, just wondering if it's out of my reach (I'm ilvl 702).

They are tuned for ~660 ilevel to make them feel like CMs. Basically you might have to actually follow some boss mechanics and not pull the whole instance, but they aren't bad.

It's a separate personal roll like the Garrosh heirlooms in SoO.

Yea, this.

Tenebrous

Best site for CM sets? I could buy a run with no problem at all, but I actually fancy giving them a go myself as tank. I know everything scales down, but I'm just wondering how much should be DPS gear, and how much should be stat-perfect tank gear.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They are tuned for ~660 ilevel to make them feel like CMs. Basically you might have to actually follow some boss mechanics and not pull the whole instance, but they aren't bad..

Oh, so they're a joke. I was a little worried since I haven't played seriously in a while, but that sounds easy as pie.

ZenaxPure

Oh, so they're a joke. I was a little worried since I haven't played seriously in a while, but that sounds easy as pie.

Yeah, I'd say at ilvl 700 they more or less just feel like heroics. The one exception is that damage is still pretty high, it's pretty easy to die if you fuck up some mechanic even on trash mobs.

But yeah, it's 5 month old content at this point, even the audience it was designed for is geared past it now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I'd say at ilvl 700 they more or less just feel like heroics. The one exception is that damage is still pretty high, it's pretty easy to die if you fuck up some mechanic even on trash mobs.

But yeah, it's 5 month old content at this point, even the audience it was designed for is geared past it now.

Well, I'm still only 680. I'm just getting back into raiding and stuff now. I'm dipping my toe back in the waters tonight with a heroic blackrock citadel or whatever t2 of this expansion was called. My new guild needed tanks, so I've been getting some practice in with timewalking runs last night and I forgot less than I thought I did.

Tacitus_

I always have to remind my guildies about that. Whenever the "do x mythics" event is up, someone will always say "these things are too easy".
Well no shit they're easy when we overgear them by about 50+ ilvls

ampere

Best site for CM sets? I could buy a run with no problem at all, but I actually fancy giving them a go myself as tank. I know everything scales down, but I'm just wondering how much should be DPS gear, and how much should be stat-perfect tank gear.

Prot Warrior? Just follow Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit > other stuff.

And the BRF tank trinkets are probably still the best, except that all secondaries one from Kazaak is super over budget

ZenaxPure

I always have to remind my guildies about that. Whenever the "do x mythics" event is up, someone will always say "these things are too easy".
Well no shit they're easy when we overgear them by about 50+ ilvls

Yeah pretty much haha. They weren't designed for people who were raiding seriously (blizz basically said as much) so it was always going to be fairly face roll for that crowd.

I think they served their purpose pretty well though, all my friends who quit WoD early or didn't play much were in the 650-670 range when 6.2 hit so I grabbed my shaman alt and ran some with them. Shit was fun, got punished heavily for not doing mechanics (lots of boss abilities can one shot you at that ilvl) and the trash mobs did enough damage that CC/good use of interrupts was required on a lot of packs.

All I'm getting from this is that Hozen are a new playable race in Legion.

Make it happen Blizz or I'll OOK YA IN THE DOOKER!

idlewild_

Saw some EJ trinket sims linked to on MMOC, thought I'd check that site out again since it's been a few years. Seems like everyone has abandoned it, most class forums haven't been touched since Legion was announced, the only one that seems to get any updates is the hunter one with just one guy posting sims. Little sad to see how far it has fallen, used to be my go-to resource way back in wrath or earlier.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The Beta Hypetrain is going off the rails on mmochamp again. In the past like 20 mins or so, a bunch of WoW-related blizz people have tweeted things like fingers on a red button, the joker "and here we go" gif, and even a link to the "you are not prepared" Illidan sound file.

They might just be trolling the fuck out of us though, so who knows.

Out of all of the zones I've played through so far--Borean Tundra, Dragon Blight, Grizzly Hills and the Howling Fjord--Zul'Drak is one of the prettiest zones in Northrend. But I'm three quarters of the way through its quest chain and I don't think I'm enjoying playing through it.

idlewild_

overwatch beta test weekend starts tomorrow, could be semi-trolling by referencing that knowing people would think legion beta instead

Well Dalaran and a bunch of servers are currently offline. Game became completely unresponsive, I couldn't log out, had to kill the .exe, try to log back in and Dalaran along with a significant amount of servers are now offline.

That's rough.

Tried logging into Kilrogg, a PVE server I have some other toons on and it's taking forever to connect and log-in. Maybe that red button was the kill-switch for WoW.

idlewild_

same thing happened yesterday, stormrage was down for like 5-10 min in the evening

edit: well, maybe not the same thing, the instance servers crashed and there were probably too many people trying to log in, i don't think the server actually went offline

ZenaxPure

That's rough.

Tried logging into Kilrogg, a PVE server I have some other toons on and it's taking forever to connect and log-in. Maybe that red button was the kill-switch for WoW.

Funny you say that actually. I didn't realize the servers even went down for a while. I was hanging out in Stormshield sitting on a wodden plank reading guild chat. Got really confused when a few minutes went by and no one said anything. Eventually stood up and tried to mount but the game wouldn't let me so then I tried to log out of the game. Didn't happen immediately so I went to the bathroom, came back and my dude was still hanging out in town. Eventually had to just alt f4.

Been a while since I had a disconnect experience like that.

Well, since there's time right now, how accurate is this server/timezone list on wowwiki?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

When I first started playing WoW I didn't know what I was doing and simply clicked "best server to play on" which plunked me down on Dalaran, a new players, east coast server in eastern time when I live in the pacific northwest. I'm not exactly sure how that happened.

I'm not raiding right now, not even in a guild, but once I start to wrap up the loremaster achievements and collect a few mounts, I'm probably going to want to join a guild. So I should probably find a PST server to play on.

Are the toon transfers for just one toon, or can you move all of your toons on one server to another? I do have a 90 something hunter on Dunemaul a PST PVP server where I was playing with a friend before they quit. I also have that level 100 boost but I don't know what I want to use it on. I would rather level a toon since there's a sizable gap between now and Legion.

phierce

Are the toon transfers for just one toon, or can you move all of your toons on one server to another? I do have a 90 something hunter on Dunemaul a PST PVP server where I was playing with a friend before they quit. I also have that level 100 boost but I don't know what I want to use it on. I would rather level a toon since there's a sizable gap between now and Legion.
You have to pay the xfer fee for each toon separately.

Gross!

There's only two toons on Dalaran I would move, the Goblin Shaman I am leveling and a level 100 Orc Warrior that I only use for its garrison to funnel money and mats to my Shaman. I don't think I'd pay 20$ to move the Warrior, but I may for the Shaman.

Or maybe I should just start over on a PST server now.

Edit: Looks like the servers are back up and running again.

It's 82. I have a full heirloom set for a 1-60 Ele/Resto Shaman with some of the pieces upgraded to 90, so the leveling wouldn't be too hard to catch up on, it's the loremaster achievements I'm going for that has me considering transferring versus starting over.

I should just start over, it's not an insurmountable amount of progress being lost. And if I want to be lazy I could just skip all of the zones I've already completed and pick up after Zul' Drak.

Yeah, I've been cross-referencing realm pop and location. Looking at PST PVE servers like Draenor, Dragonblight, Kil'rogg, Proudmoore, Silvermoon, Shadowsong to check out the Horde population and number of guilds.

I know some people with lapsed subs that used to play on Kil'rogg Alliance-side.

idlewild_

just leveled up my alt to 100 on a lower pop server. this is terrible, everything costs like 2x what it does on stormrage. and i'm poor on this server, going to have to xfer, definitely not for me

Tenebrous

Aren't there any server merges at all in the USA?

Timewalking is amazing for gearing up alts.

Prot Warrior? Just follow Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit > other stuff.

And the BRF tank trinkets are probably still the best, except that all secondaries one from Kazaak is super over budget

Thanks much.

Saw some EJ trinket sims linked to on MMOC, thought I'd check that site out again since it's been a few years. Seems like everyone has abandoned it, most class forums haven't been touched since Legion was announced, the only one that seems to get any updates is the hunter one with just one guy posting sims. Little sad to see how far it has fallen, used to be my go-to resource way back in wrath or earlier.

The popularity of the site waned as the sub numbers dropped, and their draconian moderation policies weren't exactly helping to grow it, either.

They're still an active guild, but they sold off the forums years ago, and they stopped being a valuable place for theorycraft much longer ago than that.

ZenaxPure

their draconian moderation policies weren't exactly helping to grow it, either.

Their moderation stuff was crazy, no way they'd ever really grow a community with them. I had a friend who got in trouble for asking a completely legit question in a shaman thread. Read his post myself and was completely baffled as to how or why it happened as it just seemed like any other question in the thread.

Their moderation stuff was crazy, no way they'd ever really grow a community with them. I had a friend who got in trouble for asking a completely legit question in a shaman thread. Read his post myself and was completely baffled as to how or why it happened as it just seemed like any other question in the thread.

Their #1 rule was 'don't repeat even a single question in a thread, no matter how long it is.'

By the time they got around to their 'simple questions' stickies it was too late, many long time theorycrafters had earned evidently irreversible permabans from mods who simply did not understand the ramifications of their madly orthodox approach to the rules. It really fucked over just about every class forum and splintered the theorycraft into too many sites for me to keep track of. Icy Veins is nice, but it doesn't carry the same weight unless I can actually see the math that goes behind their conclusions. They simply assert that one or two 'authorities' for a class guide has proofread it, and that's just not as nice as the many tables and calculations we saw on the EJ class threads back in their heyday, when people would do insane shit like remove all their talents, equip a rusty dagger in their offhand and autoattack a target dummy for 24 hours before posting a parse to prove something about proc rates.

Unfortunately if there isn't a top theory-crafter for your class with their own website/google doc/whatever, the best place to go right now is the MMO-Champion forums, I think. It's kinda weird that the resources in this regard have declined over the years, rather than gotten better. Outside of the occasional place like Summonstone which was shuttered due to the creator being hired by Blizzard.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i used to frequent EJ and had a couple of posts there, but their moderation was so harsh i was scared to post anything lol. going through the ban section was actually kind of funny because a lot of people went off on them.

definitely was useful at the time...

I just rolled a space goat Pali on Kil'rogg. It's PST, if my friends come back for Legion, I'm going to be there, if not I can play with a guild that's in my time zone and I have motivation to play through the Alliance side quests because I haven't really experienced them. I want to see Stone Talon Mountain from the Alliance point of view.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Yup! The beta client is in the wold, wowhead and mmochamp are datamining up a storm. Initial map is available here (ignore the file name):

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/november/TrollRaid.jpg

TrollRaid.jpg

JSoup

Banned
I have motivation to play through the Alliance side quests because I haven't really experienced them. I want to see Stone Talon Mountain from the Alliance point of view.

I did this too. Prepare to be disappointed by the lack of interesting differences and plenty 'just because' explanations.

Top Bottom