• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

Also, this better be a pet I can get:

Haha. That is oddly adorable.

Also have to say, really digging what appears to be the leather dungeon gear.

Also I'd avoid the scenario datamining if you don't want insane spoilers. Looks like tons of artifact scenarios are in there along with some others. It is a treasure trove of spoilers.

Tenebrous

Is it me, or do Ret Paladins have poor DPS in retro raids? With similar iLvl gear, my DK & Warrior seem to do double the DPS, probably because of the "big" hitters being so much bigger on those classes.

idlewild_

They have some of the artifact scenarios listed. The hunter ones look pretty cool.
for mm it looks like you're invading legion territory searching for alleria, the sv one has you tracking some monster in a swamp

strafer

Just give me playable vrykul

VrykulKing.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Aww yisss

The Blade of the Fallen Prince
The Call of the North
The Lich King awaits your return to the citadel.
The Gates Are Open
Enter Icecrown Citadel.
Seek the Fragments
Collect Fragments within Icecrown Citadel.
Travel to the Frozen Throne
Use the Scourge Teleporter within the Spire.
Power Overwhelming
Reforge the fragments and form your weapon.
The Purge
Purge the blades of the malevolent souls within.
The Hungering Cold
The Blades are purged of the corruption. Claim them as your own.
Death's March
Obtain the Lich King's Blessing.

ZenaxPure

Guess Demon Hunters get new voice actors with a bunch of unique lines. These flirts, oh god.

"Baby, I am prepared"
"I'd love to show you my twisting nether"

Brokun

Rösti;186168086 said:
I've seen mention of a few people that have it. And MMO-Champion/Wowhead are datamining the first build, so something is out anyway.

Trying to force Battle.net to download it via a .bat command returns this:

betae7xhs.png

Guessing Press invites went out. Expect to see the first wave of public invites next week.

Brokun

Female DH must be voiced by Laura Bailey. She has a voice that fits DH.

Shite I thought it sounded like Lucy Lawless.

Edit: Wowhead has the sound files up for demon hunters of both race/gender. Female Night Elf DH sounds a lot like Lucy Lawless lol.

Brb gonna go reserve Xena on my server.

strafer

Shite I thought it sounded like Lucy Lawless.

Edit: Wowhead has the sound files up for demon hunters of both race/gender. Female Night Elf DH sounds a lot like Lucy Lawless lol.

Brb gonna go reserve Xena on my server.

oh shit, they do? I thought they were just datamined stuff.

Gotta give it a listen.

Also, I didn't mean it's her, I just said I wanted Laura to voice.

EDIT: Yeah no, that's not Laura Bailey.

EDIT 2: and she's already voicing Jaina Proudmoore come to think of it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
https://wowtoken.info/

It's been over 30k for months now.

Damn... and here I thought I could buy some tokens for my gf to come back to play this game. But I'm not sure even running some 25H Cata raids and a bunch of garrison missions will be enough to get 30k monthly. We would have to pretty much focus on old raids and missions only every damn weeks to continue playing for free... We would have barely enough time to play alts or do the latest patch content.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn... and here I thought I could buy some tokens for my gf to come back to play this game. But I'm not sure even running some 25H Cata raids and a bunch of garrison missions will be enough to get 30k monthly. We would have to pretty much focus on old raids and missions only after every damn weeks to continue playing for free...

I was making about 30k a month just from garrison missions once a day on 3 characters, and only one of them had harrison jones for extra treasure hunter love. It's not fun, but it's doable without much time invested.

Nokterian

https://wowtoken.info/

It's been over 30k for months now.

EU at 61k not bad.

I think i am gonna reactivate my account and move from my realm where i have been for 11 years that is Emerald Dream EU one of the oldest and move a bunch of my chars to another realm and convert them to horde because well my guild according a friend of mine is deader than dead. Thinking of switching my warrior or rogue to horde.

Brokun

Guess Demon Hunters get new voice actors with a bunch of unique lines. These flirts, oh god.

"Baby, I am prepared"
"I'd love to show you my twisting nether"

Night Elf Male DH

"You're so hot you'd make Sargeras sweat"
"Someone alert the Wardens! Because it's illegal to look that good"
"You look gooood... I think"

Bisnic

I was making about 30k a month just from garrison missions once a day on 3 characters, and only one of them had harrison jones for extra treasure hunter love. It's not fun, but it's doable without much time invested.

But how? I haven't played since last Spring, but even with 2 Treasure Hunters per character, i sure as hell couldn't make this much as most missions only give 100 gold or less without them. Did they improved the gold from missions since the latest patch? I did maybe 2 gold missions per day(one in the morning, one during the evening) , per character on 2 characters.

ZenaxPure

But how? I haven't played since last Spring, but even with 2 Treasure Hunters, i sure as hell couldn't make this much as most missions only give 100 gold or less without them. Did they improved the gold from missions since the latest patch? I did maybe 2 gold missions per day(one in the morning, one during the evening) , per character on 2 characters.

You need like 10 treasure hunters with a wide array of abilities per character (and everyone at max ilvl). And no, they nerfed gold from garrisons pretty hardcore actually. But even in the nerfed form it's still pretty easy to make 30k a month.

Though I am not sure what the landscape looks like if you only have a couple of max level characters. The nerf they did changed how many rare gold missions you get on an account-wide level. On one character it might not be that different than it was pre 6.2, but, yeah I wouldn't know.

Tenebrous

But how? I haven't played since last Spring, but even with 2 Treasure Hunters per character, i sure as hell couldn't make this much as most missions only give 100 gold or less without them. Did they improved the gold from missions since the latest patch? I did maybe 2 gold missions per day(one in the morning, one during the evening) , per character on 2 characters.

Salvage Yard & Inn (make sure you recruit treasure hunters weekly).

Holy Paladin is actually a lot of fun, it weirdly feels similar to Shaman in that you start most engagements casting at a range, and then switch up to melee as enemies close the gap in solo pve as well as I feel like I can contribute fights in dungeons beyond pure healing and weave into a fight to stun an enemy, use the melee swipe or heal nuke if things are going well.

The changes to make Holy Paladins more like battle priests in Legion sound pretty badass.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19955661/legion-class-preview-series-paladin-11-9-2015

...but other abilities and talents have been adjusted to encourage Holy Paladins to be near the people they want to heal—including melee characters, when necessary. This is incentivized by Lightbringer, a new Mastery, which increases healing on allies near you. This is further reinforced by the addition of a row of Aura talents that provide a variety of localized beneficial effects, and refinements to some spells, such as Light of Dawn returning to being a cone.

Talents will also provide players with options to incorporate offensive capabilities while healing. When allies are in need, Light of the Martyr allows the Holy Paladin to rapidly heal them by sacrificing personal health. Finally, we’re addressing gameplay restrictions caused by Holy Power—in which players often feel forced to use abilities in specific orders or ratios—by removing it in favor of making Mana the primary resource.

I don't know which secondary spec I'll take, probably Prot, simply because of the queue times being a tank or healer afford you. I've just never played a class where I've had to have different gear to play different roles though. Learnign the tanking aspect will come later.

Bisnic

You need like 10 treasure hunters with a wide array of abilities per character (and everyone at max ilvl). And no, they nerfed gold from garrisons pretty hardcore actually. But even in the nerfed form it's still pretty easy to make 30k a month.

Though I am not sure what the landscape looks like if you only have a couple of max level characters. The nerf they did changed how many rare gold missions you get on an account-wide level. On one character it might not be that different than it was pre 6.2, but, yeah I wouldn't know.

Eh... I'm not sure I even want to deal with that Garrison crap again. It was part of what made me stop playing to begin with. And with the shitty canadian dollar these days making this game cost 20$ every month, I'm not gonna go with subscribing either. Really wish this game didn't need a subscription. :(

Maybe i'll just look for a F2P WoW-like MMO instead. Any suggestions?

JSoup

Banned

Guild Wars 2.
If you can wait a few weeks, Blade & Soul is looking to be pretty WoW-like in every aspect but leveling.
RIFTs is ok, but I found it a bit fiddly.

StMeph

If you had trouble making 30k a month with 2+ characters' garrisons pre-nerf, you were definitely doing it wrong.

Isn't Wildstar now F2P? And Elder Scrolls is buy-to-play like GW2 where there's no sub?

Bisnic

Guild Wars 2.
If you can wait a few weeks, Blade & Soul is looking to be pretty WoW-like in every aspect but leveling.
RIFTs is ok, but I found it a bit fiddly.

I'm already playing GW2, but it plays nothing like WoW and endgame is kinda boring. Once I explore every little spots(waypoints, vistas, hearts, etc.) on the worldmap and kill a few major world bosses, I'm kinda done with my character. Dungeons are not as fun as WoW's ones. :p

Heard about Wildstar though... might be something to try.

Tenebrous

Eh... I'm not sure I even want to deal with that Garrison crap again. It was part of what made me stop playing to begin with. And with the shitty canadian dollar these days making this game cost 20$ every month, I'm not gonna go with subscribing either. Really wish this game didn't need a subscription. :(

How many 90+ toons do you have? A run through Firelands/BWD/DS on 25HC nets you about 5k per week per character, and isn't too difficult at all.

i am entirely expecting them to fuck up bolvar's story

gul'dan model is awful beyond words

monk order hall, size of broken isles, armor sets and artifacts seem kinda cool

removing /rude is the dumbest shit ever

Tacitus_

Aww yisss

The Blade of the Fallen Prince
The Call of the North
The Lich King awaits your return to the citadel.
The Gates Are Open
Enter Icecrown Citadel.
Seek the Fragments
Collect Fragments within Icecrown Citadel.
Travel to the Frozen Throne
Use the Scourge Teleporter within the Spire.
Power Overwhelming
Reforge the fragments and form your weapon.
The Purge
Purge the blades of the malevolent souls within.
The Hungering Cold
The Blades are purged of the corruption. Claim them as your own.
Death's March
Obtain the Lich King's Blessing.

Ho. I'll do that artifact line after dinging my warlock.

I forgot about Wildstar. I've only played a bit of it, but I've seen people describe it as WoW-like with a WoW Vanilla level of difficulty.

Wildstar's difficulty has been toned down a bit from when the game launched, or so I've read. The combat is interesting because everything has a visual telegraph--cones, circles, lines--so it starts to hammer in mechanics into the heads of players from the start. The first dungeon is even training for later ones. With dungeon phases like "Don't stand in the red". The difficulty in Wildstar's dungeons is more in-line with the Cata dungeons current difficulty in WoW. You can die if you're not paying attention but the lower level PVE content is the same as WoW's. You can get away with not paying attention to all of the telegraphs for the most part. You can't get away with that in the dungeons and I forget what the group content that weren't dungeons but sort of are were called, but it's also true of those. You have to watch pulls and sort of pay trash mobs a little more respect.

The difficulty in dungeons makes PUG'ing harder because groups can dissolve quickly on wipes. There is a dungeon finder but you're almost better off spamming chat for a pick-up group as a Healer or Tank. There was a large group of GAF players on Exile-side (space hill-billy Alliance), I would join them if they're still active. There were a few questing bottle necks in earlier PVE zones with few gather points and long respawn times made worse by the fact NO ONE GROUPS UP. Seriously, join the GAF guild if it's still active. There's one Exile starter zone that just makes me angry because no one is playing an MMO, everyone is playing an rpg and won't cooperate with each. Swimming around like idiots.

You can switch between DPS/Tank/Healing specs really easily by switching your skill bars, which you can fully customise. I don't think there's a pure DPS class in the game, meaning everything is DPS and Tank or DPS and Heals. You kind of have to maintain two gear sets though but there's only two stats to sort of worry about.

The game had a lot of persistent connection quality issues with lots of server downtime when it went f2p. I expect launch hiccups with an MMO but Wildstar's problems eroded what patience and good will I had. If they've been ironed out, you'll really enjoy what questing content there is before you burn through it all. I can't comment on the end-game but the pvp was seriously unfun, everyone is a damage sponge that takes forever to kill. But then that's what I think of WoW too, I'd rather play HotS than WoW PVP.

Top Bottom