• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

You're leveling as Holy? :O

Yup. It's a new healing class to me, so in order to get comfortable with it, I play it in PVE while questing and queuing. The PVE leveling is not so bad since I have a partial Heirloom set and am generally over-leveled because of dungeon queuing. I don't one-shot stuff at range but I can burn single targets down in two or three abilities before it closes the gap. Denounce and Holy Shock kills most things before they know I'm there. Leveling as Holy would probably suck without the heirlooms and being over-leveled.

If it wasn't for the dungeon finder I would be leveling as DPS. I've always played classes where I didn't have to worry too much about gear when switching specs and wasn't sure how to go about doing a Paladin. I want to be Holy/Prot, I think. Heals and tanking for optimal queuing. Since I enjoy healing I went with that spec first.

Nokterian

Alright this week i am going back to play but first i am leaving my guild a friend of mine who was also there said it is good as dead..a shame but to think i am on that realm Emerald Dream EU since 2005 from the beginning.

I am going to switch to horde and to another realm where is more activity going to pick a class dunno what yet and switch it because i do want a fun and active guild even for casual stuff.

phierce

There's a bug with the Dark Waters quest (the quest for killing Arch (H+) that rewards the mount.

We killed him Wedneaday like normal and when I tried to do the quest, it just wouldn't complete. I sent a ticket in and, of course, didn't get any help, but he did recognize there's a bug.

Bliz reply...
I'm sorry the quest didn't function properly for you the first time around. Some players discovered that they needed to be off their mounts and walk with Malfurion for the quest to complete properly. Sadly, it's not possible for us to restart that quest directly for you. The good news is that getting another Remnant of Chaos from either a Heroic or Mythic Archimonde run will start the quest again.

I meant to post this back on Wednesday, but I forgot about it since we've already killed him again and fixed it myself, but just a heads up.

erawsd

Never been fond of Maces on my Enh Sham, but I'm really digging these Doomhammer skins.

MACE_1H_ARTIFACTDOOMHAMMER_D_02.jpg

ZenaxPure

They're just re-colors tbh.

Well I mean they literally are recolors. Each weapon has different models and then different recolors of each model. That is just the base Doomhammer model and its recolors.

Anyhow, I like the orange/black one a lot myself.

shoreu

Well I mean they literally are recolors. Each weapon has different models and then different recolors of each model. That is just the base Doomhammer model and its recolors.

Anyhow, I like the orange/black one a lot myself.

ahh i thought those were the skins for some reason.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got my moose and it is triply awesome because it's not a store mount.

I would have never even used it if it was a store mount

So i have a question fans of the wow. I haven't played it but after all these years i kinda want to try it as my second mmo. Is it still worth getting into? Is the story of the world and the game good? Will i be able to follow it if i havent followed anything warcraft since 3?

Tarazet

Spells and Talents are out. I'm so excited to try out the new Enhancement, it sounds prettttty good.

I can understand Rejuvenation being Restoration only, but it looks like other Druids will be losing a lot more of the quality of life things.. some of which were OP, but some of which are just reasonable quality of life bits, like Mark of the Wild and the out of combat Revive.

biaxident

So i'm debating getting back in now as I got the urge, figured I would just farm up some gold and maybe another character, but from the char screen it says the NA token price is 47k now? That's insane, when I was playing about 3 months ago it was always about 25k. 47k is going to be a lot harder to make up every month.

erawsd

I can understand Rejuvenation being Restoration only, but it looks like other Druids will be losing a lot more of the quality of life things.. some of which were OP, but some of which are just reasonable quality of life bits, like Mark of the Wild and the out of combat Revive.

Groups buffs appear to be gone across the board. That new Mark of the Wild can only be used on a single person. It seems like they are trying to go back to more specialized utility. Likewise, Balance will have innervate exclusively and Feral will have Stampeding roar. Revive being resto exclusive is def weird, I dont know what to make of it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Groups buffs appear to be gone across the board. That new Mark of the Wild can only be used on a single person. It seems like they are trying to go back to more specialized utility. Likewise, Balance will have innervate exclusively and Feral will have Stampeding roar. Revive being resto exclusive is def weird, I dont know what to make of it.

Healers all have mass res baseline now, so I'm guessing mass res will be removed and you just soul stone a healer to res your raid after a wipe. Makes sense, running back is a little outdated now.

Atlantis

Talent calculators are up on MMO-Champion. Have to remind myself that it's already outdated and first-pass, because I sort of hate everything.

Lomax

So i'm debating getting back in now as I got the urge, figured I would just farm up some gold and maybe another character, but from the char screen it says the NA token price is 47k now? That's insane, when I was playing about 3 months ago it was always about 25k. 47k is going to be a lot harder to make up every month.

It's in the middle of another insane spike right now, it had been 35k or so for a while. If I had to guess it's because of all the new Legion info and people resubbing in hopes of getting a beta invite. Check again tomorrow, it should drop back down.

www.wowtoken.info

Edit: funny thing is, I was seriously considering buying a copy of WoD on black Friday, but with token prices this high I'm losing the urge.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's in the middle of another insane spike right now, it had been 35k or so for a while. If I had to guess it's because of all the new Legion info and people resubbing in hopes of getting a beta invite. Check again tomorrow, it should drop back down.

www.wowtoken.info

Edit: funny thing is, I was seriously considering buying a copy of WoD on black Friday, but with token prices this high I'm losing the urge.

This is stupid. I don't have a problem with 50k tokens, but something is obviously really wrong with this sytem if it can just spike 20-25k like that in a few hours. That's not normal.

I don't know why MMO-Champ is sucking with the datamining this time around, but WoWhead is on top of it hardcore.

490730.jpg
490726.jpg

I think the way these are gonna work is these sort of float out in front of you, and you cast your spells through the skull like a focusing lens. It has the potential to be really cool if they change some spell effects when they pass through it.

Lomax

This is stupid. I don't have a problem with 50k tokens, but something is obviously really wrong with this sytem if it can just spike 20-25k like that in a few hours. That's not normal.

Personally, I think supply is just gone. When you look at how much lower the NA prices have been compared to EU, it's clear that a lot more tokens were being bought with cash in NA for the summer, but I think that gradually has stopped, and now a clear increase in demand has a massive impact. There's every reason right now to want to rejoin the game via gold, but why would anyone join anew? New players drive the supply.

Once Legion hype dies back down I think we'll see the price stabilize again, but it's clear we'll never see sub 30k prices again.

Yeah the problem with WoW Tokens is that gold isn't really destructible at anywhere near the level ISK is in EVE. There simply aren't enough sinks that actually remove gold from the economy. And even in EVE there has been fairly significant inflation of the cost of PLEX. But it's taken maybe 3 years, for PLEX to double in price - even then it's usually fairly gradual. Never see any spikes like this current one.

Lomax

Yeah the problem with WoW Tokens is that gold isn't really destructible at anywhere near the level ISK is in EVE. There simply aren't enough sinks that actually remove gold from the economy. And even in EVE there has been fairly significant inflation of the cost of PLEX. But it's taken maybe 3 years, for PLEX to double in price - even then it's usually fairly gradual. Never see any spikes like this current one.

Based on how much gold I knew my then four year dormant account had, I expected tokens to skyrocket in price on release, as I assumed everyone had hundreds of thousands of gold now. I was pretty surprised when it did nothing but drop for a while. And once I started playing again, I found that inflation wasn't nearly what I would have expected, I hadn't played in four years but I still had more gold than most people I knew. I think things like the black market ah and some of the crazy expensive mount parts did a decent job of keeping the mudflation down, but one thing the token did was pump a bunch of dead gold back into the economy. So now we're at the point where a higher percentage on the remaining players are reasonably wealthy, and any spike in demand overwhelms supply easily. And from the way people talk in here, it's not like even 60k a month sounds that hard to get, heck I didn't have any trouble making 30k a month playing casually only in pandaria with no garrison at all.

Data-mining hype for Legion is real? I mean if people weren't excited over the BlizzCon panels, maybe they definitely are over what we're seeing now? I mean, it's kind of hard not to be excited about Legion based off of a lot of what we've seen and read.

ZenaxPure

So i have a question fans of the wow. I haven't played it but after all these years i kinda want to try it as my second mmo. Is it still worth getting into? Is the story of the world and the game good? Will i be able to follow it if i havent followed anything warcraft since 3?

The way the story works in the game you will be fine. They basically make each expansion it's own thing so each one can be enjoyed as a stand alone experience. This particular expansion has barely had any story content anyway so it's not hard to catch up with the current on-goings very easily.

Actually this is a really good time to jump in and experience the world because there isn't going to be another game update until Legion next summer so you have months and months to just do old content.

Personally, I think supply is just gone. When you look at how much lower the NA prices have been compared to EU, it's clear that a lot more tokens were being bought with cash in NA for the summer, but I think that gradually has stopped, and now a clear increase in demand has a massive impact. There's every reason right now to want to rejoin the game via gold, but why would anyone join anew? New players drive the supply.

This is what I was saying last time, people who were interested in paying real cash for gold probably heavily overlaps with people who aren't subbed anymore because of how bad WoD is. I just don't think there is a supply right now.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if those big spikes are from there being 0 tokens on the market occasionally but I am not going to waste my gold testing that theory. I expect prices will go down when the Legion pre patch hits and everyone is resubbing, but, doubt it will be the insane lows we had over the summer.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The spike is probably due to beta hype and all those botter accounts just recently being unbanned. I would also imagine the desire to spend real money on tokens isn't too high since there hasn't been much content added to the game in a long time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at all these legendary items on Wowhead, I'm bound to believe that overall gameplay will change quite much, but the biggest changes will be seen in raids. Together with the artifact weapons, getting an interesting build together should be fun.

I'm not too fond of the current arms warrior talent tree though: http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#F

Seems to be based a lot around cleave damage. Of course it's early and it will likely change based on feedback in beta.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy hell, dem skulls

I wish it was Skull of Gul'dan tho

and I hope it does show up on your character

http://www.wowhead.com/news=250059/...n-and-more#demonology-warlock-skull-of-eredar

Of course it's going to show up on your character, that's the whole point of having cool artifacts that you can customize visually. I think they did so they still aren't quite sure exactly how it's going to function visually, though. I figure it's going to sort of hover over your shoulder or whatever, and while you are casting the eyes glow or something.

Everyone gets these awesome omega cool level artifacts (except Spriest, sorry, they should let you get the dark naaru staff at the least), then I see warriors and they're so uninspired and generic. Shit's depressing. I think I'll end up transmogging the fury ones, they're so damn awful. They were definitely going to do SMF in the first place given the lack of titans grip mention and the artifacts being labeled 1h, Blizzard really has no idea what the community wants out of Warriors at some times. The Death Knight ones look way more inspired. I want those axes.

These two are the only ones I kind of like, even then I hope these aren't all the colors. The second is missing red and both are missing white. Ugly as shit.

Literal fucking thermometer

I only hope as tier goes on we get some styles that offer more variety.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Still no luck in downloading the Legion beta client. This is what I have tried (via Ownedcore):

First, close everything Battle.net related, even the agent from processes list in task manager.
Second download this: http://nikf.tw/20740buildinfo.rar
Create a new folder that you want to install alpha in and extract the rar into it.
Load up Battle.net and scan for games in the application.
Go to the directory of your Battle.net appplication (Where the battle.net launcher.exe is located)
Shift right click somewhere in the directory (In a empty space)
Open command window here.
Type "battle.net.exe --game=wow_beta --install" without the quotes.
Check back the .exe, in the directory mouse over the .exe
This brings up the "Sorry, you haven't been invited to play this game yet." window. Same if I try to launch the beta client you can download via Battle.net.

The second I tried is this:

ok a couple of you guys are having issues, that instead of downloading patch 20756(7.0.1), the BNet Client downloades 20726(6.2.3)

it's very sad, if you encounter his while having downloaded it for ages, but there's a way to know way earlier, if the BNet Client downloads the right thing:
in the very early phase of the download, the WoW-Launcher will be downloaded and if it does download the beta ones, they should be named like this
"binary_launch_path" : "WoWB.exe",
"binary_launch_path64" : "WoWB-64.exe",

if instead the normal release patch is downloaded they are just called WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe

sooo how do you fix the damn issue?
for me at least i found something strange, and that was, that the build info(http://nikf.tw/20740buildinfo.rar) ... present try this out and report if it works?

idlewild_

Rösti;186371903 said:
The problem here is that I do not seem to have .product.db in my World of Warcraft folder (or Battle.net folder). Perhaps someone here can check for the file and if it's present try this out and report if it works?

It would be in the program data for battle.net.

try something like C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It would be in the program data for battle.net.

try something like C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
And there it was. Thank you, greatly appreciated.

The post from Ownedcore wasn't very elaborate.

Warriors artifacts being all swords is fucking stupid.

Swords look dumb as fuck on orcs

The one hope is that Blizzard said there's a nice treat for those that didn't like the sword artifacts. Some people are speculating it's the weapon for this icon, which is labeled Reaper. I don't see any of the blood dk's axes lining up with it.

There is potential for an alternate weapon type, MM hunters have a crossbow among their choices. Fury is utterly fucked though.

Top Bottom