• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The one hope is that Blizzard said there's a nice treat for those that didn't like the sword artifacts. Some people are speculating it's the weapon for this icon, which is labeled Reaper. I don't see any of the blood dk's axes lining up with it.

There is potential for an alternate weapon type, MM hunters have a crossbow among their choices. Fury is utterly fucked though.

The hilarious thing is the agility based melee combat rogues and demon hunters carry heavier weapons than the fury warrior

ZenaxPure

So what good stuff can you get outa the timewalking stuff other than a mount drop?

Drop-wise it's just the 660 gear (675 warforged), whatever mounts those bosses dropped, and then the Infinite Dragon mount (which can drop from any timewalking boss). The timewarped badges can be traded in for a few more pieces of 675 gear, a few different toys/mounts, rep commendations/old daily rewards and a pretty cool draenor/outland teleport item. All that stuff is scattered across 3 different vendors though (one for each timewalking event) and the vendors are only up during the week of the timewalking event.

Godan

Drop-wise it's just the 660 gear (675 warforged), whatever mounts those bosses dropped, and then the Infinite Dragon mount (which can drop from any timewalking boss). The timewarped badges can be traded in for a few more pieces of 675 gear, a few different toys/mounts, rep commendations/old daily rewards and a pretty cool draenor/outland teleport item. All that stuff is scattered across 3 different vendors though (one for each timewalking event) and the vendors are only up during the week of the timewalking event.

Thanks. Only played WoW for about 3 months around WoD time and now wanting to get back into it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, I guess the new moonkin models got leaked.

Kind of a bummer that they took none of the aesthetic changes of the cat/bear forms. Makes me think Moonkins are going to be left behind in the dust yet again when the artifact weapons will change bear/cat forms but won't change moonkin forms.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I turns out I need to enable showing of hidden files in Windows 10 to be able to download the Legion beta client. I had only extracted one of five required files to toggle download. But now the files are being downloaded.

I'll post here if I find anything interesting regarding cvars.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, here are some details on new console variables added in Legion.

First a screenshot of the graphics options menu. No greater changes here apart from the sliders under Environment. These values now go from 1-6 (via the slider at least, 0 is also a valid value).

legionr2y5d.png

A few existing variables have gotten graphics added as a prefix. Some entirely new variables have been added:

componentemissive
Character component unlit/emissive

componentspecular
Character component specular highlights

lodobjectminsize
cvar lodobjectminsize is 0.02
Lod object min size

lodobjectculldist
Cvar "lodobjectculldist" is "30"
Lod object culling dist minimum

lodterraindiv
Cvar "lodterraindiv" is 768
Terrain lod divisor

lodliquid
Cvar "lodliquid" is 1
Render using lod liquid

maxfogdist
Cvar "maxfogdist" is "100000"
Distance to force full fog

forcelodcheck
Cvar "forcelodcheck" is 1
If enabled, we will skip checking DBC for LOD count and every m2 will scan the folder for skin profiles

hotreloadmodels
Cvar "hotreloadmodels" is 1
Allow an active model to be reloaded when a new version is detected in the bin folder. If this is disabled, the model data will only be refreshed after all game objects using the model are deleted
There might be a few more. These are the ones I found as of now. Can't do much with it at the moment as not all variables affect the login screen objects. But I'll continue to look into it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Warriors artifacts being all swords is fucking stupid.

Swords look dumb as fuck on orcs

Blows my mind that they didn't give Arms Gorehowl.

I mean, Pallies get Ashbringer, DKs get Frostmourne and Shamans get Doomhammer but Warriors get some made up sword? Eww.

erawsd

Kind of a bummer that they took none of the aesthetic changes of the cat/bear forms. Makes me think Moonkins are going to be left behind in the dust yet again when the artifact weapons will change bear/cat forms but won't change moonkin forms.

They already said that it wont since Moonkin can see their weapon in form.

Rokam

Kinda hoping they limit the amount of world drop legendaries you can equip. Some of those perks are absolutely ridiculous.

-Your heals apply Eternal Warrior for 8 sec. If a player dies while Eternal Warrior is active, 20% of your remaining mana is consumed but they are returned to full health.
-Your over time effects have a chance to trigger their full remaining value each time they heal or deal damage.

Neck & Cloak, pretty much a must have.

Zelias

Banned
Can see the legendaries being changed significantly, but like the idea. We Diablo now.

A cap on how many you can equip sounds like a good idea, though.

Tenebrous

Can see the legendaries being changed significantly, but like the idea. We Diablo now.

A cap on how many you can equip sounds like a good idea, though.

There needs to be a system that stops dupe legendaries dropping. If I end up with my second legendary being identical to the first <,<

ZenaxPure

I mean, it's pretty obvious they'll be disabled in raids and arena/bgs. So does it really matter how op they are?

I hope so. The items look fun but if they get caught up in the raid/pvp stuff they will get nerfed to the point of uselessness. I'd rather them stay strong and be usable in everything else.

Maybe only disable them for rated pvp and mythic raiding though, not sure I see the harm in having them enabled in other stuff.

Brokun

Wtf @ all the legendaries on Wowhead? Is this for real?

What are they going to do for the expansion after Legion? They are giving us everything in this one lol. Hey guys, here's all the lore. Want some more? Here's all the artifacts. Want some more? Here's all the legendaries.

There is no way they can make the next expansion feel even remotely satisfying after giving us all of this lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wtf @ all the legendaries on Wowhead? Is this for real?

What are they going to do for the expansion after Legion? They are giving us everything in this one lol. Hey guys, here's all the lore. Want some more? Here's all the artifacts. Want some more? Here's all the legendaries.

There is no way they can make the next expansion feel even remotely satisfying after giving us all of this lol.

Hopefully they'll make some new lore like the first half of MOP

ZenaxPure

Hopefully they'll make some new lore like the first half of MOP

They said in a random interview a while back that they are down for another expansion all about discovering new things like MoP was, so it'll happen probably sooner than later.

As for all the lore, not really. Not like we'll defeat the burning legion in Legion anyway. Any sort of climatic Burning Legion stuff would no doubt take place on Argus (as that is their main base of operations right now). We still don't even know if Kil'Jaeden will show up or not yet.

And that is just the Burning Legion side of things, the likes of Azshara and N'zoth are only being teased in Legion, no actual appearance from them, only their underlings.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

They already said they aren't doing moonkins, their weapon is displayed on their character.

traveler

Not Wario
This expansion isn't the Titan expansion, or the Azshara expansion, or the Argus expansion. In many ways, it's kind of treading water- the Legion is invading for, what, the fourth time now? Gul'dan, who has been already killed and brought back, is their current face; Illidan, who has already been killed and is now brought back, is our chief ally. The first raid tier is an issue that was dealt with prior in the novels brought back to the fore and the second is against a civilization that has been retconned back from extinction.

There isn't any sign we're moving towards resolving any of these stories- just dredging up the past to sustain another iteration of the invasion storyline. The point being- there's still plenty for them to do after this expac: Azshara, the Old Gods, the Legion again, (unless they're somehow sneaking in an argus invasion at the end of this, which I seriously doubt) the Titans. None of these threads will be resolved.

Edit: totally beaten by zenax. Missed that post.

Any alliance side folks here interested in trying out Mythic Dungeons? I've done my challenge modes for this expansion and I'm looking to get into mythic stuff after time walking this weekend and watching groups get one shotted. Lol

Blows my mind that they didn't give Arms Gorehowl.

I mean, Pallies get Ashbringer, DKs get Frostmourne and Shamans get Doomhammer but Warriors get some made up sword? Eww.

They said they didn't want to give out weapons that are already available in game, but I wouldn't have minded a higher poly, remodeled trollsbane with different styles for Arms. Even us finding the shards of Lothar's sword and reforging it would have been great. The faction argument falls flate on it's face considering alliance get doomhammer and horde get ashbringer & alleria's bow.

In the end I don't care if it's not a recognizable lore weapon, just make it look cool. Atleast we get to dragoon leap to our class hall, that's pretty cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really need to find a group to do Silver CMs with before the next expansion is out. Don't really care about the weapons.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't care what people say, Rogue class hall under Dalaran is the wrong call. Why would rogues headquarter themselves in the Mage city? The mage city that was originally right next to Ravenholdt?

Insanity. They're like pesky stowaways when Dalaran took off or something.

How is there light coming in to an underground chapel btw?

Shahadan

I don't think having an underground lair under the biggest neutral city is that far fetched for rogues.
Can't really see it being anywhere else actually.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't care what people say, Rogue class hall under Dalaran is the wrong call. Why would rogues headquarter themselves in the Mage city? The mage city that was originally right next to Ravenholdt?

Insanity. They're like pesky stowaways when Dalaran took off or something.

How is there light coming in to an underground chapel btw?

The Light works in mysterious ways, friend.

zugzug

As a former enhancement shaman for the alliance I do not want doomhammer not one bit.

As a former rogue all I can say still is Ravenholdt or Riot!

Top Bottom