• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

How are shamans for soloing mists and below content? Always liked the idea of shaman but have yet to try them out.

Dunno about Mists (haven't looked it up), but they can easily solo Cata or earlier stuff, since pretty much everyone can do those.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The new transmog system seems like a tall order the more I think about it. They were talking about how they'll be able to pull stuff you didn't pick from quests and put it in there which has me thinking that their goal will be to just pull EVERYTHING soulbound you've ever looted. Which is a hell of a thing to attempt retroactively.
How are shamans for soloing mists and below content? Always liked the idea of shaman but have yet to try them out.

You can burst everything below MOP with ease. I haven't done serious MOP soloing on my shaman but our survivability/lack of mitigation leaves a lot to be desired.

cdyhybrid

The new transmog system seems like a tall order the more I think about it. They were talking about how they'll be able to pull stuff you didn't pick from quests and put it in there which has me thinking that their goal will be to just pull EVERYTHING soulbound you've ever looted. Which is a hell of a thing to attempt retroactively.

You can burst everything below MOP with ease. I haven't done serious MOP soloing on my shaman but our survivability/lack of mitigation leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't think it's too bad if they keep track of quests like I think they do. If they just have a table with every quest ID and whether you completed it or not, you could just unlock the xmog appearances that are associated with any quest marked complete.

Stuff that didn't come from a quest might be more difficult, yeah, but they also keep track of items you vendor/DE/destroy (see the item recovery stuff). Just wonder how far back that goes.

Lomax

NA token is all the way back down below 35k and looks to still be dropping. Probably be a good time to buy here soon.

Semi-related, does Blizzard ever give beta invites to inactive accounts? I never wanted in the beta back when I was really active but now it would be pretty cool.

Peachpies

NA token is all the way back down below 35k and looks to still be dropping. Probably be a good time to buy here soon.

Semi-related, does Blizzard ever give beta invites to inactive accounts? I never wanted in the beta back when I was really active but now it would be pretty cool.
As long as you have a battle.net account that is opted in to the beta then you can get it.

ZenaxPure

I don't think it's too bad if they keep track of quests like I think they do. If they just have a table with every quest ID and whether you completed it or not, you could just unlock the xmog appearances that are associated with any quest marked complete.

If you type /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(questID) in game (replacing questID with the actual ID of the quest) it spits out a variable indicating if you've completed the quest or not ("[1]=1" for a completed quest and "empty result" for a quest you haven't completed) so I would assume it is tracked.

Would make sense because giving you every item associated with every quest you've ever finished is probably easier than each item you individually picked from said quest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Haha that was actually a funny moment during blizzcon for me, they are exceptionally clever in how they made it seem like they were being so generous.

"So every quest you've ever completed, every item will be unlocked, including the ones you didn't pick!"

with the subtext being 'aren't we so great and awesome we're not making you run alts for quest rewards!'

when really the game tracks which quests you've done but not what rewards you picked, so they couldn't just give you ONLY the reward you picked even if they wanted to. =p

It won't retroactively give you looted drops or crafted items or anything like that though. I don't know where you got that idea.

Zelias

Banned
Thinking I should start collecting as many transmog pieces as I can before Legion on alts. Even if I don't like the look of them, knowing Blizzard, there'll be achievements for collecting X amount of pieces and I'm a collection addict anyway. Or an aspiring one, at least.

Least I have all the Loremaster achievements across various characters so I should have most quest rewards (including pre-Cata vanilla ones!)

erawsd

Thinking I should start collecting as many transmog pieces as I can before Legion on alts. Even if I don't like the look of them, knowing Blizzard, there'll be achievements for collecting X amount of pieces and I'm a collection addict anyway. Or an aspiring one, at least.

Least I have all the Loremaster achievements across various characters so I should have most quest rewards (including pre-Cata vanilla ones!)

I know that collector pain. I built a salvage yards and Ive been keeping all the random greens and blues for that exact reason.

Just bought a token on the us servers for 30,816. It was over 50k earlier today. The price seems to be crashing, might be a good time to get a few if you have the gold.

Grounding totem being a resto only PVP talent.

Just ugh.

Kill me now.

I know right. Despite all these changes, Blizz, IMHO is determined to run elemental to the ground. Looks like Legion will be the expac where I finally roll a new second toon to replace my shammy.

Damn it Blizz.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just bought a token on the us servers for 30,816. It was over 50k earlier today. The price seems to be crashing, might be a good time to get a few if you have the gold.

Fuck. Under 29k now, and I'm at work so I can't grab one. I'm sure by the time I get home they will be back to ~35k.

M.D

The data is available for datamining, but the beta itself isn't live yet.
I hope I get in :eek:

I really miss just messing around in WoW, just doing the weekly/daily mount and pet hunting, old raids for gold and transmogs and sitting in the AH looking for good deals. Too bad I didn't make enough gold during my time in WoD, I only have 90k on my character and can't pay with gold.
Hopefully I'll have steady income by the time Legion launches so I can re-sub

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's still going down, just a hair above 28k atm.

I doubt it will crash much further, will probably normalize back up to like ~33k in a couple of hours.

ampere

I solo Elegon and Horridon 10 normal on my Shaman every week. He's about 690 ilevel and Horridon is still pretty dangerous at times

Enhancement is the go to spec right? Or am i completely wrong.

Enhancement is definitely the solo spec. Ele sucks because if you are getting hit hard and start trying to hardcast Healing Surges, they're slow and weak. Enhance you can pump your Maelstrom stacks into Healing Surges if you need to

Shahadan

Looks very Draenei to me.

It's supposed to be a naaru themed temple, so yeah. It's not really what I have in mind when I think about priests, but I guess it fits, naarus being light and void and all that crap.
Damn paladins and their church theme. They win yet again. /salt

Lomax

Well I just logged in and the re-activate for gold button is nowhere to be found, which I assume means there's zero tokens available.

Edit: it's there now. Just a glitch I guess.

I really hope the Warlock class hall isn't just a bunch of fire and stuff. I liked the Silvermoon City warlock area where it felt like you were tapping in to some forbidden power source that made you slightly evil, but also slightly cool. Most other warlock areas seem to be "lol, green fire".

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Seeing all the work put in and how cool these other class halls are is just making the rogue one more and more infuriating. It's God damn lazy and thrown together in comparison. Like they figured it's one of the least played classes so they could just half-ass it.

This is frustrating me more than it should but the rogue one is just so god damn pathetic when you compare it to all the others. Hell it even resides building assets rather than being original stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers

The person that posted that on reddit said it seems to be smaller than the other class halls.

Blizzard hate shaman, etc.

EDIT: I was out for the weekend , so I didn't see the new the talent trees until this morning.

1) Ascendance is a talent. I'm OK with having something like that be a talent.

2) Though this isn't new as discussed with the class change blogs - but Mastery is back to being the #1 state for Shaman once 7.0 drops.

3) I like how varied each row of the talent trees are. There's still two lines that have a single focus. Level 30 is mobility, level 45 is CC.

4) Picking between Ascendance and Primal Elementalist will be a tough call. Hell, even Totemic Fury looks decent.

5) Lightning Rod seems like a fun talent.

Anyways, these will all be changed massively between now and like, 3 months from now so we'll see where we land.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

images

Zelias

Banned
I solo Elegon and Horridon 10 normal on my Shaman every week. He's about 690 ilevel and Horridon is still pretty dangerous at times

Enhancement is definitely the solo spec. Ele sucks because if you are getting hit hard and start trying to hardcast Healing Surges, they're slow and weak. Enhance you can pump your Maelstrom stacks into Healing Surges if you need to
Yeah I have trouble soloing Cata 25 heroics as Ele Shaman, so was thinking of going Enhance for that. Her ilvl is only 68something though as Ele.

ampere

Yeah I have trouble soloing Cata 25 heroics as Ele Shaman, so was thinking of going Enhance for that. Her ilvl is only 68something though as Ele.

Ele is so bad at soloing compared to Enhance it's dumb

Instant Maelstrom Heals + not worrying about spell pushback/knockbacks makes a world of difference

The person that posted that on reddit said it seems to be smaller than the other class halls.

Blizzard hate shaman, etc.

Even with talents, Brewmasters will have like a 3 button rotation and only 1 cooldown

We get to be the most boring tank woo :(

Top Bottom