• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

mileS

That's a really good looking Worgen. Unfortunately their animations suck (running, and especially 2hand). Their head and upper body bounce up and down stupidly fast while running almost reminding me of riding the Troll raptor mount. I also really wish that they would automatically transform between human and worgen when entering and leaving combat.

I really like the Worgen race but with these issues I just can't play one. Greymane looks amazing btw.

Worgen Hunter isn't as bad. The running gets annoying but the rest of it is fine. Can't understand how anyone can play one that uses that 2h special attack animation though...

I agree, their animations blow hard. I'm just a sucker for werewolves hahah.
I know, I really like the whole concept and design of Worgen. They remind me of the Hulk; a normal human who transforms into a beast when he gets enraged (entering combat) but returns to a human when the fight is over (leaving combat). I really hate having to manually toggle back to human form after every engagement, or alternatively I hate being forced to stay in Worgen form if I'm too lazy to toggle the skill. This would be such an easy quality of life change to implement and would really fit the lore of a transforming beast.

If auto transformations were implemented, then an additional possible option for the two forms ability would be to set the transform skill to a toggle that would allow the player to permanently stay in Worgen form if they wish, simply as a way to keep people happy who never want to see their human side. Most Worgen I see around town are never in human form. Why the hell would you need to be in worgen form while browsing the auction house?

Really though, two forms should be passive.

Robin64

Annoyingly, there used to be a mod that would transform you back to human out of combat, but Blizzard updated something in a patch that removed the transformation API from the game and triggered transformations exclusively through the spell system. Ergo, the mod was broken and can never be fixed. Shame.

Loxley

I really wish they would do some armor sets just like this. We don't always need to be seeping ARCANE FELL FIRE from our goddamn belts and helmets.

Just give us some good, normal looking, transmog options.

For example, it took me forever to piece this set together. Something that looks ranger-like and yet doesn't look like i'm wearing Mail. Also, eyepatch cuz eyepatch.

zHmPf4y.jpg

Definitely, my Paladin is currently rocking this TBC armor set transmog because I prefer it to the newer, overly-stylized armor sets. Plus is scratches my nostalgia itch for the Lightforge set.

I do think that the Legion sets look pretty cool though.

_h8bit

Banned
Re-subbed today after being away for ~2.5 years and on account of the WoD sale. The last xpac I played was MoP but stopped pretty much once I hit 90. Logging in now is so weird, I have so much old gear that I guess I'll just toss in the bank to transmog later. Any advice for someone that's been away for awhile?

cdyhybrid

Re-subbed today after being away for ~2.5 years and on account of the WoD sale. The last xpac I played was MoP but stopped pretty much once I hit 90. Logging in now is so weird, I have so much old gear that I guess I'll just toss in the bank to transmog later. Any advice for someone that's been away for awhile?
Enjoy the leveling experience your first time through, it's very good.

Once you hit 100, you'll need to build up your garrison, build your shipyard, and gear up in Tanaan and dungeons (or PVP) - and you can find guides on WOWHead and elsewhere for all that stuff.

Got Amabassador of the Alliance this afternoon, queued a lot of Blackrock today. A lot of Blackrock. It's a fairly modest milestone but one I'm happy to have. Now I guess I'll queue and play more Blackrock to hit 58 so I can bugger off to Outland. Next modest goal is Loremaster of Outland.

bq3lqGw.jpg

The Paladin class helmet is kinda disappointing. It doesn't even properly fit a Draenei.

The Shaman one is pretty cool and something I like to use as a transmog often, but this is getting kicked to the vendor as trash as soon as I can replace it.

ZenaxPure

The Paladin class helmet is kinda disappointing. It doesn't even properly fit a Draenei.

There is tons of clipping issues with older armor and the new character models. I can't wear a Nightslayer hat on my rogue because his teeth clip through it. Hopefully a lot of that gets fixed in Legion as they said they are working on it.

The movement between double jump + fel rush looks like a completely different game. All the other classes are going to seem dull by comparison.

I disagree, I think each class will feel modestly different in their own way. Monks have roll, warlocks used to have Demonic Leap or whatever. Here's hoping they have flavorful ways to give mobility options to classes that it works with, in creative ways.

ZenaxPure

Double jump will still suck compared to warrior leap anyway. That shit is stupid, able to jump on top of mountains and to the waters surface while under it.

Diodiablo

Banned
I know, I really like the whole concept and design of Worgen. They remind me of the Hulk; a normal human who transforms into a beast when he gets enraged (entering combat) but returns to a human when the fight is over (leaving combat). I really hate having to manually toggle back to human form after every engagement, or alternatively I hate being forced to stay in Worgen form if I'm too lazy to toggle the skill. This would be such an easy quality of life change to implement and would really fit the lore of a transforming beast.

If auto transformations were implemented, then an additional possible option for the two forms ability would be to set the transform skill to a toggle that would allow the player to permanently stay in Worgen form if they wish, simply as a way to keep people happy who never want to see their human side. Most Worgen I see around town are never in human form. Why the hell would you need to be in worgen form while browsing the auction house?

There was an addon during Cataclysm that automatically shifted forms when out of combat, it stopped working at one point, but perhaps has been updated. Check Curse.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I disagree, I think each class will feel modestly different in their own way. Monks have roll, warlocks used to have Demonic Leap or whatever. Here's hoping they have flavorful ways to give mobility options to classes that it works with, in creative ways.

What?

Haha, What? Have you seen people playing DH in the starting zone? They get the gliding, fel rush is an attack with a kickass animation with after effects on it, metamorphosis is a ranged spell where you leap forward and do AOE as you transform even. There was an item where it removed the CD on fel rush and you just flew around like Dragon Ball or something.

Comparing that to roll and demonic leap...hahaha what?

^^That sounds like a nightmare to chase and heal.

Every class/race being able to double jump was one of the really fun aspects of Wildstar because of how the world was designed. Flying mounts were going to be put in at some point but then they opted not to do that after the world had been designed and built with flying in mind. Basically if you can see something, there's a strong chance you can climb it. Double jumping in Wildstar didn't seem like a huge thing until I played it.

If the new zones in Legion are well designed for exploration--they don't have terrible collision, or un-scaleable Skyrim mountain slopes--I can see Demon Hunter platforming being a really fun, freeing mechanic. If the zones are sort of like everything else...ehhh, I dunno.

"No Path Available."

He was talking about leap, which isn't shit :p

ZenaxPure

He was talking about leap, which isn't shit :p

Pretty much, leveling my warrior during WoD was ridiculous. The amount of places you could go was insane. Especially when you started combining leap with your charges.

Edit: also just checked out the latest wowhead post and there are a ton of old minor models getting updated versions, not just rabbits. Too many to list all but tonsssss of vanilla era models getting new love like murlocs, whelps, rats, banshees, makrura, felhound (finally!), and a bunch more. Pretty awesome!

Leap and Goblin Glider Kit were my favourite pre-Pathfinder achievement ways of getting around Draenor. You could get to so many weird places with both of those.

It's nice to see all of those model changes, I just hope that if they populate Azeroth with those that they also update some of the models and textures of the environments in a couple of zones.

M.D

I'm installing WoW again. I barely even read the Legion info that came out, but somehow I got excited by it...

Alex

Man, Blizzard needs to make Greymane's new look available for transmog somehow. Mages everywhere would love that coat...

I can't believe they're still on that original robe model in all cases for casters. Some shit has to give with armor visuals before too long, it's unreal.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The new (non-druid) bear models are great. They have been in dire need of an update for a long time now.

Tarazet

Got a Versatility heirloom trinket from a garrison mission. Put it on a bear tank and did a few dungeons.. the on-use tendrils did 10% of my total damage even though it's a 2 minute cooldown. Pretty good.

Source

Just added Warth's collector's edition to my account. The others I needed (MoP, Cata, and TBC) will be arriving in the next few days, too. Now, about the original collector's edition...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got a Versatility heirloom trinket from a garrison mission. Put it on a bear tank and did a few dungeons.. the on-use tendrils did 10% of my total damage even though it's a 2 minute cooldown. Pretty good.

Yeah that trinket is pretty sweet for leveling.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I guess no more F&F invites before Thanksgiving, though of course it's still early in California. 😏

Nothing new added to the client either.

Tenebrous

It still sucks in instances/bgs

Still better than what it was.

WoW installed... token is 63,059 and I have about 90k IIRC

I don't know what to do

It tends to go between 60k and 64k. Wait a few hours, save yourself a few thousand gold, and get to some Cata raids.

Just added Warth's collector's edition to my account. The others I needed (MoP, Cata, and TBC) will be arriving in the next few days, too. Now, about the original collector's edition...

Must've cost you a pretty penny. Wish I could unuse my TBC CE and sell the code.

I've actually been thinking of buying the physical version of Mists' collector's edition for its mount. But Blizzard is adding Draenor's mount and pet to the shop at some point so it makes me wonder if they'll do the same with the Mists mount eventually.

Worgen Hunter isn't as bad. The running gets annoying but the rest of it is fine. Can't understand how anyone can play one that uses that 2h special attack animation though...

Eh, I leveled my warrior as a worgen and didn't have a problem with the 2h special animation. I thought the animations in general for arms was fine. Looked sick too.

The 1h special tho, some dumb looking ballet shit.

I would never touch a worgen again if they auto transformed you to human ooc.

Fucking disgusting. And a choosable toggle is likely to happen never.

I really wish they would do some armor sets just like this. We don't always need to be seeping ARCANE FELL FIRE from our goddamn belts and helmets.

Just give us some good, normal looking, transmog options.

For example, it took me forever to piece this set together. Something that looks ranger-like and yet doesn't look like i'm wearing Mail. Also, eyepatch cuz eyepatch.

zHmPf4y.jpg

I'm with you, I prefer the simpler stuff too.

The problem is that most of the decent simple stuff is old, so it looks like low rez garbage.

So I always end up doing some sort of middleground.

6GI4Q2c.png

I'm with you, I prefer the simpler stuff too.

The problem is that most of the decent simple stuff is old, so it looks like low rez garbage.

So I always end up doing some sort of middleground.

6GI4Q2c.png

As an aside, I respect that you're rocking that UD face, I seldom see it and it's got a lot of character.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19966674

Of course, gnomes wouldn’t be gnomes if they didn’t apply their own particular brand of engineering to their job—this time in the form of a new Hunter pet family: Mechanical.

Gnome and Goblin players will be able to tame this new kind of hard-to-find pet right from the start. Other races will also be able to learn how to control these artificial animals via a device Engineers will be able to make.

Top Bottom