• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Those Legendarys were definitely a copy of Diablo III's system. But hey, we got the transmog system too, so copying is a-ok with me.

Don't forget the clearly Greater rift-inspired challenge dungeon revamp!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are the new druid forms based on artifacts or a combination of artifacts/race?

If it's the former, hopefully that opens up more druid races

Tenebrous

Guys, I want to pimp my UI up. I've not done it since... Well, never, really. I dabbled a lot with Bartender and the like back in TBC & Wrath, but since then, I've been basic. Bagnon, mailbox, auctionator, atlas loot, GRID, DBM, recount, and anything for co-ords (tomtom now).

Gimme some Curse links for some non-standard UI craziness, please! The only request I have is that I can keep the default keybindings, because I've got mine just perfect.

ZenaxPure

Don't forget the clearly Greater rift-inspired challenge dungeon revamp!

And obviously....

N31XVE4S1C5M1438294521460.jpg

They going full Reaper of Souls in Legion. Obviously the stuff in WoW won't be exactly the same but it's pretty clear they were inspired a lot by what the D3 team has been doing over the past year.

Works for me, RoS has had a lot of good ideas that could easily work in WoW.

ZenaxPure

You are, that's what we're talking about!

Yeah I mean we're essentially getting a more interesting version of greater rifts, a WoW version of the bounty system, and items that change how your skills function.

All we're really missing is paragon levels which personally I am okay with not being in the game. They already suck in D3 since the only purpose they serve anymore is a time gate on how far you can progress in GRs, don't need them to bring down WoW as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The way they described mechanical pets makes them sound similar to Spirit Beasts. There will only be a small set amount of them that will have specific encounter mechanics for taming. I wouldn't get too excited thinking about every mechanical mob in the game and thinking you might get to tame it.

JSoup

Banned
Seems to me that using Paragon levels or something similar would be an adequate way to solve the whole 'I'm at level 110' clunkiness. I believe Guild Wars 2 does something similar with some such rank. You're level is no longer displayed, it just shows your current over level rank.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seems to me that using Paragon levels or something similar would be an adequate way to solve the whole 'I'm at level 110' clunkiness. I believe Guild Wars 2 does something similar with some such rank. You're level is no longer displayed, it just shows your current over level rank.

I feel like that's what the idea with the legendary weapons is. It's a way to do paragon without making it obvious.

ZenaxPure

I feel like that's what the idea with the legendary weapons is. It's a way to do paragon without making it obvious.

Mechanically the artifact weapons are fairly comparable to paragon levels, the main difference is that there is actually a cap on the power growth instead of thousands of levels of clicking +5 strength over and over. In that respect it would be closer to vanilla D3 paragon (which was a much better version of the system anyway, so win-win).

Didn't really think about it earlier, but, yeah if an artifact weapon will take months to max out that is pretty much exactly like the old paragon system D3 had except it is tied to a weapon they can get rid of next expansion instead of our character.

Tenebrous

I'm not too familiar with it, but I'd love to see WoW's take on it if people liked it that much.

You get XP after level cap, and that contributes to your Paragon level (which can continue forever). Each level gives something like, using Wizard as an example, +3 int, +2 stamina.

Shahadan

It would chance people playing a lot over those playing less. Also with the mess of ilvl requirement, I just shudder at the thought. Maybe they could do it right though somehow

JSoup

Banned
D3's paragon system does have an upper limit in to how much it can improve a character. At some point, you'll have gained enough points to upgrade everything there is to upgrade (around paragon 800 I think) and at that point any levels gains are just cosmetic.

D3's paragon system does have an upper limit in to how much it can improve a character. At some point, you'll have gained enough points to upgrade everything there is to upgrade (around paragon 800 I think) and at that point any levels gains are just cosmetic.

Nope. You can keep increasing main stat or vitality after that point. Which is why people grind it so hard, to really push higher greater rift levels.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
WoW tokens are aroud 38k right now. Is it worth it to wait a little more for price to go down, or has this been the average price for the past few days/weeks?

JSoup

Banned
Nope. You can keep increasing main stat or vitality after that point. Which is why people grind it so hard, to really push higher greater rift levels.

Had to log into the game and look, but yeah, you're right. Never noticed those two parts didn't have limits on them.

biaxident

WoW tokens are aroud 38k right now. Is it worth it to wait a little more for price to go down, or has this been the average price for the past few days/weeks?

I've been monitoring the price the past few days, this is the most stable its been in the past several days, its about 1 full day around 38k, not sure if it'll go down anymore really.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, and this is what makes it such an awful system. The people that play the most end up a few thousand levels higher than you (there are people closing in on paragon 3000 this season and it still has like a month till it is over) which gives them like 3x their main stat which is a massive damage increase. For high end GR pushing your paragon level matters more than any gear you are wearing. Would be terrible if WoW worked the same way, especially with it getting the new dungeon system that mimics GRs.

biaxident

Is it worth having treasure hunters on more than 2 characters? I have a bunch across 3 of my toons but my 3rd guy was rarely getting any gold missions since the nerf way back when. I still have a ways to go to get 25 treasure followers on the first 2 toons but just want to know if its worth it for the 3rd character. Still debating whether or not to buy a token, I was paying for it fine months ago when it was 25k and at 38k just wonder how much more work that is since some days all I can do is garrison for 5 mins.

ZenaxPure

Is it worth having treasure hunters on more than 2 characters? I have a bunch across 3 of my toons but my 3rd guy was rarely getting any gold missions since the nerf way back when. I still have a ways to go to get 25 treasure followers on the first 2 toons but just want to know if its worth it for the 3rd character. Still debating whether or not to buy a token, I was paying for it fine months ago when it was 25k and at 38k just wonder how much more work that is since some days all I can do is garrison for 5 mins.

My characters are still making like 3-5k per week just from gold missions alone so I've found it worth it. Also there is still some RNG involved in the system, I had 3 characters get blingtron's vault this week for some reason.

You don't really need 25 treasure hunters anyway. I usually aim for about 10, just make sure they have varied abilities.

biaxident

You don't really need 25 treasure hunters anyway. I usually aim for about 10, just make sure they have varied abilities.

I see. I have around 10 or so on 3 characters already but noticed my 3rd character never got more than 1 gold mission per day and this was for well over a month (granted this was about 3-4 months ago when I was playing). If its just bad RNG then i'll keep trying and probably work on getting a 4th one once I sub back into after the holiday. Thanks guys.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I notice on rare occasions every few weeks I will have a character who only made like 1000g from missions but it feels more like a rarity than the norm from my own personal experience.

I LOVE MY GUILD MASTER! He was feeling nice due to the holidays and invited me into the Heroic run tonight, despite me being undergeared due to working so much the last 2 months.

I got the bow from Manno, BiS gloves, tier chest, Trink from Archimonde....and most importantly...

HjadoBF.png

cdyhybrid

I see. I have around 10 or so on 3 characters already but noticed my 3rd character never got more than 1 gold mission per day and this was for well over a month (granted this was about 3-4 months ago when I was playing). If its just bad RNG then i'll keep trying and probably work on getting a 4th one once I sub back into after the holiday. Thanks guys.

Do you have a level 3 Inn? If not, that might be why.

Anyone have well-geared Alliance characters they'd like to do Mythic dungeons on maybe this weekend? Really want to try and get as many shots as I can at the trinket. A well-geared group can do all 8 in 2-3 hours. ~715 Frost DK here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to figure out how to set up a H Garrosh farm. I know I need to get an alt saved and then make a custom group but I'm not sure how to reset it so my warrior can keep coming on and getting Garrosh respawned to bonus roll him and how to keep that up in a custom group listing to get more people in.

Hixx

Between the tier set, Ashbringer and the Protection artifact weapons looking boss plus the class hall, I'll be very surprised if another class takes my fancy before Legion arrives.

Tenebrous

Don't think the class hall matters at all. It'll be visually interesting for a few minutes, and then every re-visit will just be a quick collection of quests/dailies or whatever the hell. It's a cool idea - It will just be boring.

Dinjooh

Don't think the class hall matters at all. It'll be visually interesting for a few minutes, and then every re-visit will just be a quick collection of quests/dailies or whatever the hell. It's a cool idea - It will just be boring.

I'd much rather have that, then logging on 10 different characters and seeing the same shit every time.

Top Bottom