• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

It's all the same shit to me. Unless the gameplay is very pro-social interraction, then it's just another quest hub to rush through.

Robin64

I'm hoping it becomes a little bit more, a social space where you can chat to other players of your class. Certainly more potential than the solo Garrison.

Tenebrous

Not much difference between chatting in /s and chatting in /2. We need to group with players on our realms more often, and that's all I want from Legion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't think the class hall matters at all. It'll be visually interesting for a few minutes, and then every re-visit will just be a quick collection of quests/dailies or whatever the hell. It's a cool idea - It will just be boring.
Is this what Horde side tells themselves to put up with their Garrisons?

Tenebrous

Is this what Horde side tells themselves to put up with their Garrisons?

Haha, maybe. I just don't see a difference between sitting in a class hall, picking up dailies, talking in /s, and sitting in a garrison, picking up dailies, talking in /2. They need to announce how they're going to flesh it out and promote social interraction rather than just giving us another place to be quiet.

Haha, maybe. I just don't see a difference between sitting in a class hall, picking up dailies, talking in /s, and sitting in a garrison, picking up dailies, talking in /2. They need to announce how they're going to flesh it out and promote social interraction rather than just giving us another place to be quiet.

Well there'll actually be other people there, for one. Just seeing people around makes a huge impact, vs. the garrison which is completely isolated.

And I've had trade chat turned off or in a separate tab for ages - not much but one sort of spam or another.

Robin64

Will there be group quests from the class halls? I'm imagining how awesome it would be to do quests themed around your class, but with a few others. A proper little adventure.

I think Class Halls will sort of be like being in Orgrimmar's Valley of Strength or the main gate or great forge in Ironforge, a giant area where players will congregate and you can oogle wicked looking armor sets, transmogs and mounts...only class specific.

That alone will make it better than Garrisons.

Tenebrous

Is it just me that doesn't care about mounts anymore? I have two I like, and that's good enough for me. I'm past being impressed by seeing someone with <insert mount/title/pet> here.

ZenaxPure

I'm past being impressed by seeing someone with <insert mount/title/pet> here.

Pretty sure I've not been impressed by people with rare shit since like Blackwing Lair.

As for mounts nah, love collecting them. I have every single one of mine set to favorite as I am always ready for RNGs Wild Ride.

Zelias

Banned
Is it just me that doesn't care about mounts anymore? I have two I like, and that's good enough for me. I'm past being impressed by seeing someone with <insert mount/title/pet> here.
I still get a little impressed, but mostly I just shrug. Did see someone the other day with the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent though and was mad jelly.

I might get that during the expansion after Legion hahah, only at 170 mounts.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I don't go out of my way farming mounts and such. I also pretty much ride 2 mounts only: Azure Netherwing Drake which I've used since I got it in BC practically. I sometimes used the Glory Of The.. mounts for a brief time after getting them. And Vicious War Steed which I got in the first Cata PvP season through RBGs.

Robin64

Only mounts I actually ride are the Swift White Hawkstrider (love me some chocobo), and the Grand Armored Wyvern for flying. I like smaller mounts, bigger ones feel slower. (I know they aren't, of course)

Oh and the Azure Water Strider for lakes and shit.

ampere

Not much difference between chatting in /s and chatting in /2. We need to group with players on our realms more often, and that's all I want from Legion.

Disagree. Much more fun to run around and /s chat with people in a big city.

Loved that in WotLK

Tenebrous

I don't go out of my way farming mounts and such. I also pretty much ride 2 mounts only: Azure Netherwing Drake which I've used since I got it in BC practically. I sometimes used the Glory Of The.. mounts for a brief time after getting them. And Vicious War Steed which I got in the first Cata PvP season through RBGs.

I'm in a similar boat. Swift Razzashi Raptor & White Polar Bear for ground, Turbo Copter for Flying (prefer it to Mimi's at the moment).

Disagree. Much more fun to run around and /s chat with people in a big city.

Loved that in WotLK

That all kinda died on my server when 3.3 went live (Bladefist was always small). I still maintain that's the patch that killed WoW's best parts.

Brokun

IMO the purpose of mounts is to accentuate the theme of your character. I purposefully ground out the corrupted dreadwing mount because i thought it would thematically fit my demon hunter very well.

Still have yet to find a good rogue mount though...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the Tanaan bonus objectives are pretty shitty but nothing is anywhere close to as bad as Kra'nak where half the bonus objective requires a literal group to unlock the mobs and the other half is spread all over the place with not near enough mobs

ZenaxPure

Wowhead bringing in more goods. They updated their model viewer with Legion animations. Haven't gone through it yet but they showed off a new idle animation for Monks if you are using a staff:

492085.jpg

I imagine they specifically made it because of the Brewmaster artifact (which has a various kegs/jugs dangling from it) but sadly they don't have the models in their model viewer just yet so we can only pretend how cool it will look.

Tenebrous

Wowhead bringing in more goods. They updated their model viewer with Legion animations. Haven't gone through it yet but they showed off a new idle animation for Monks if you are using a staff:

492085.jpg

I imagine they specifically made it because of the Brewmaster artifact (which has a various kegs/jugs dangling from it) but sadly they don't have the models in their model viewer just yet so we can only pretend how cool it will look.

That's damn good. I really like that.

Of course, in reality, it will clip through everything and look really shit.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
811KI15.png

Works well with most weapons =p

I hope they get casting through your weapons in this expansion.

I don't really feel like digging through all the years of BS blizzard has fed us, but I seem to recall they said it just didn't make it in time for the vanilla games launch, and it would be added eventually.

11 years later, it might be cool to finally use our amazing awesome world ending weapons as conduits of power, rather than just a stat-stick slung over our back the entire time.

Brokun

811KI15.png

Works well with most weapons =p

I hope they get casting through your weapons in this expansion.

I don't really feel like digging through all the years of BS blizzard has fed us, but I seem to recall they said it just didn't make it in time for the vanilla games launch, and it would be added eventually.

11 years later, it might be cool to finally use our amazing awesome world ending weapons as conduits of power, rather than just a stat-stick slung over our back the entire time.

Pretty sure there was a mention at one of the Blizzcon Q&A sessions about this. They straight up said they were doing something to make caster weapons utilize their weapon in some way during casting animations.

ZenaxPure

not when we can hide shoulders in Legion :D

Yeah, plus I wouldn't be surprised if it only applied to the Brewmaster artifact anyway. There are so few weapons in Legion they should be able to work on clipping issues with them better than if they had the dozens of weapons they usually would.

ampere

492085.jpg

Looks good, just give us Expel Harm back T__T

Nothing good happens in the Southern Barrens, for Alliance or Horde. The Southern Barrens ended up being the more interesting zone to play through than Stone Talon Mountains with an Alliance toon. It's just nothing but reprisals.

At first I only wanted Argent Crusade/Dawn rep from the Western and Eastern Plaugelands but then ended up clearing every Alliance quest zone in the Eastern Kingdom and am circling back Kalimdor. May as well finish off Azeroth before moving on to Outland, see the few remaining zones from the Alliance point of view.

JSoup

Banned
Nothing good happens in the Southern Barrens, for Alliance or Horde. The Southern Barrens ended up being the more interesting zone to play through than Stone Talon Mountains with an Alliance toon. It's just nothing but reprisals.

Told ya. It's too bad, but there it is.

Told ya. It's too bad, but there it is.

There's just no redemption to any of it. The Alliance attacks the Southern Barrens and sacks Taurajo. The Alliance general leading the assault on Taurajo intentionally lets as many civilians escape because even though there currently is a war going on between the Horde and Alliance, he wants peace to be achievable. To aid this he tries to minimise civilian casualties. His reward is to be assassinated and have one of the civilians he let go lead to the destruction of Bael Modan, which leads to the murder of a bunch of miners because they were Goblins and near by.

In Stone Talon there's some redemption, but in the Southern Barrens, just...nope.

I'm happy to be in Thousand Needles and Tanaris, in the southern kalimdor Steamwheedle questing hubs. Whenever Gnomes and/or Goblins are involved there's usually some fairly ridiculous or amusing questing, which may or may not feature explosions.

Also, speaking of Thousand Needles, does Magatha Grimtotem make an appearance in a Cataclysm dungeon or raid?

Top Bottom