• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Just been looking at the all the Warrior artifact skins on Wowhead...

Shit, I knew Warriors had it bad, but those Arms skins are so terrible.

Shahadan

I'd love to see some more Dreadlord story, but, the Jaina stuff was already good enough on its own. Dreadlord business would have just cheapened everything with Theramore. There are much better places it could be served in the story.

I wasn't serious, Jaina being one would have been terrible :lol:
By the way we still have no clue what happened to malganis...It's been so long since wotlk. Would be nice if they remembered about that loose end. Should have been in ICC ;(

ZenaxPure

By the way we still have no clue what happened to malganis...It's been so long since wotlk. Would be nice if they remembered about that loose end. Should have been in ICC ;(

Yeah I was randomly reading his wowpedia page the other day and I forgot he mentioned going back to his home world. Wonder if he is still hanging out there or decided to come back and fuck with stuff.

Brokun

Maybe he died on his way to his home planet. /poochie

xniv9I.jpg

Lomax

Gamestops starts tomorrow correct? 13 bucks?

As far as I've seen on bfads.com the gamestop deal runs from 8-1 on Black Friday. There's another one for $5 at some GoHastings place I've never heard of, but it looks like a misprint and is probably supposed to be the base game. I guess retail really doesn't care at all about WoW any more (not that Blizzard cares about retail either).

Still trying to get one of those to go with my Firelands DK tier. Drop rate is pretty low though, and doing Razorgore solo is nigh impossible currently, so I don't get the chance to run it every week.

Did something change in the latest patch? Because I was soloing him every week as recently as October without too much issue.

biaxident

So now the token is back up to 39k?? This is crazy how much its fluctuating, was 27k about 13 hours ago. Still waiting to buy it so I can play again, guess i gotta try in the morning.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So now the token is back up to 39k?? This is crazy how much its fluctuating, was 27k about 13 hours ago. Still waiting to buy it so I can play again, guess i gotta try in the morning.

A bunch of people buy it with real money at 50k, and it starts to stagnate because no one buys it with gold. Goes down, everyone buys them for gold before it goes back up, no one buys one for real money when they sell for 28k when they were just going for 50k an hour ago.

It's all just a mind game at this point. People aren't desperate enough at this point of the expac to try to buy 20k worth of gold for 20 bucks.

ZenaxPure

It wasn't really 27k, there was basically no supply at that price. I stood at the AH for something like 3 hours until it went back to 30k and was able to buy 0 tokens.
Some were certainly sold at 27k (Sax managed to get a shit load apparently) but that entire stock was gone really quick.

Magnus

Why did I click the spoiler thread

Why. Fuck.

I only read the first spoiler in a long list, but it was a big one. Fuck.

Shahadan

Why did I click the spoiler thread

Why. Fuck.

I only read the first spoiler in a long list, but it was a big one. Fuck.

They are intro quests, no chance you wouldn't hear about it before release. They'll probably promote the game using these infos tbh.

It shouldn't even be spoilered. Don't feel bad

Magnus

They are intro quests, no chance you wouldn't hear about it before release. They'll probably promote the game using these infos tbh.

It shouldn't even be spoilered :lol:

Reading more in this thread and realizing what I read was like the first line of the intro quest makes me feel better. Who knows if it's true. I better get the fuck outta this, unless I can experience it in the game for myself via the beta. Hope I snag an invite.

Is this the Alpha or the Beta going on right now btw?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why not start leveling up a warrior now? I mean, you'll have the time between now and Legion to level, gear up and do all sorts of catch up with rep grinds and what not.

I have everything at 100, it's just a matter of deciding which one to focus on for the expansion. Mostly because I've been attached to my Shaman since WOTLK despite finding certain other classes more fun to play or better at doing specific things.

cdyhybrid

Reading more in this thread and realizing what I read was like the first line of the intro quest makes me feel better. Who knows if it's true. I better get the fuck outta this, unless I can experience it in the game for myself via the beta. Hope I snag an invite.

Is this the Alpha or the Beta going on right now btw?

Alpha invites went out today, but it's just the DH starting area that was at Blizzcon. People are expecting actual beta and beta invites to go out next week.

Godan

So whats a good way to make some gold. Looking to level an alt so need to make some gold to buy some elixirs.

Had a read about and seen a TSM thing but was way to confusing for me to understand lol.

Tenebrous

So whats a good way to make some gold. Looking to level an alt so need to make some gold to buy some elixirs.

Had a read about and seen a TSM thing but was way to confusing for me to understand lol.

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but farming for Medallion of the Legion across all 13 of my level 100s has netted me 75k gold in 3 days.

Godan

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but farming for Medallion of the Legion across all 13 of my level 100s has netted me 75k gold in 3 days.

Thanks I have only got one level 100 the now but wanting to get more alt's to 100.

Will give it a try farming them but.

cdyhybrid

Level 3 Garrison, level 3 Inn, spam Treasure Hunter followers. Also Level 3 Salvage Yard and War Mill for follower upgrades.

On as many 100s as possible.

Tenebrous

Level 3 Garrison, level 3 Inn, spam Treasure Hunter followers. Also Level 3 Salvage Yard and War Mill for follower upgrades.

On as many 100s as possible.

I really wish I had the patience for this. I have the characters, but going around Draenor collecting followers on my 100s... The very idea saddens me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Definitely want to check out multiple things during beta to figure out a Legion main because I went down all my dudes and was like 'all their Legion stuff sounds promising'

Like Arms Warrior sounds fun, Enh Shaman sounds funish(especially if that new forward aoe ability they get will be on a low cd or off cd so we can finally have a way to farm lowbie mobs for rep/gold), Shadow Priest sounds fun, Survival and BM Hunter sound fun, Demo lock sounds fun, Shadow Priest sounds fun, Combat Rogue sounds fun, Unholy DK sounds fun, DH sounds fun, feral sounds fun

on and on.
I really wish I had the patience for this. I have the characters, but going around Draenor collecting followers on my 100s... The very idea saddens me.

I just used the inn and used the followers I got while leveling. After a few weeks, I had squads full of treasure hunters

ZenaxPure

Collecting followers is pointless since it is just RNG if you will get treasure hunter. Only way to assure it is to just recruit one from the Inn each week. I don't even bother with random followers on my alts.

In similar news though I managed to make over 100k from my garrison this week. Felt almost like pre-nerf money. The only thing I changed was gathering herbs on all my characters. They only sell for 1g per herb on my server but when you have 13 characters worth of herbs it adds up. Doesn't really increase my time much either since herbs are fast to pick.

Tenebrous

Hm... It's a difficult decision to make at this point in the expansion.

It's a 60-100k gold investment into a system that may or may not get nerfed when Legion/7.0 lands. Also, I'm not doing Garrisons AND Medallions - It's one or the other, and right now, Medallions seem like the better money.

Does Word of Glory ever not suck for Holy Paladin? And if the resource/constraint of Holy Power is being removed for Holy Paladin's, so that they rely purely on mana, what's the point of Word of Glory when you have Holy Shock and Flash of Light. Right now WoG does 200-ish more heals than HS but that requires 3 charges of Holy Power and a channel versus Holy Shocks insta-heal and the channel time seems better spent on Flash of Light. The class is finally getting interesting with Flash of Light, Holy Radiance and Beacon of Light with Lay on Hands for in case of emergencies. The only thing I struggle with is the more mobile tanks outpacing me between Speed of Light cooldowns. I feel like I have to constantly stutter step forward, throwing out Holy SHock while moving and stopping to channel Flash of Light or Radiance. I really miss Shaman wolf form.

As always, random dps keep things interesting when they get bored of the tanks pace and start to pull shit on their own.

Spammed dungeon queue a bit tonight, there seems to be fewer healers on Kil'rogg Alliance because I get a lot of insta-queues popping. Like tank fast. Not that I am complaining. The more Holy Paladin I play, the more I like it. It's a little boring in the lower levels but gets more fun once you get a few abilities. I do need to work on my positioning, so I don't fall behind as much and maintain line of sight (weird shit can cut it off in some dungeons) but I find Warriors the easiest to keep up with. Monks and Druids can be again in the ass because they're more mobile than I am. Low level Warrior mobility is easier to keep up with and predict.

Zelias

Banned

Run Cataclysm raids on 25m heroic. Fairly easy to solo with most specs (Spine of Deathwing requires you to more or less follow the tactics, but is still easy once you get them down).

Each boss drops roughly 125g plus whatever you make in loot and mats.

I'm actually going to earn the Ambassador title after half-assedly going for it with a couple of different Horde toons. Cleared the Draenei, Night Elf, Human, Gnome and Dwarf starting areas up to Stone Talon Mountains, Arathi Highlands and Cape of Stranglethorn. Gilnean rep is the hardest to come by since it's so scattered but I should be able to finish it off with the tabard and dungeon queuing before I hit Outland. Minor milestone but I'll be happy to get it.

Spec it into eternal flame.

Never judge a spec or class' power as your leveling. They balance the game around max level.

If I don't ask, I won't know, for a while anyways.

While we're on it, what's a better baseline mobility talent at 15, the manually controlled burst or the baseline speed buff with Holy Power stacks? I've gone with Speed of Light but the downtime can be rough.

Robin64

While we're on it, what's a better baseline mobility talent at 15, the manually controlled burst or the baseline speed buff with Holy Power stacks? I've gone with Speed of Light but the downtime can be rough.

I use Pursuit of Justice, the one that gives speed as you get Holy Power on top of a baseline, as while questing it's so easy to use critters to build it up. And in the event you have no Holy Power, you're still getting 15%.

But really, the cool thing about that row (and many of the others) is that it depends on how you personally play.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I started making the felblight profession upgrade items again, some of them net a decent profit margin. Up to over 2 Million gold now. I've been running the garrison missions on my 11 characters and doing living steel cooldowns from mop to sustain the gold growth as passive gold generation, but it's such little effort to manage the profession huts that I can't ignore them any longer. Especially with how well the upgrades are selling on my server. It seems like legion hype is getting a lot of subs back.

empyrean

It's down to £11.99 in the uk from battle.net...worth getting even hough my character is only level 40 (newbie) and i don't want to use the character boost? (feels like cheating).

Tenebrous

It's down to £11.99 in the uk from battle.net...worth getting even hough my character is only level 40 (newbie) and i don't want to use the character boost? (feels like cheating).

If you have any sort of interest in Legion, it's worth picking up Warlords now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone up to 2 man H 10 MSV? Need some transmog pieces on my priest from the first 4 bosses, but no one really does Heroic since normal drops the mount as well. Horde side.

Godan

Run Cataclysm raids on 25m heroic. Fairly easy to solo with most specs (Spine of Deathwing requires you to more or less follow the tactics, but is still easy once you get them down).

Each boss drops roughly 125g plus whatever you make in loot and mats.

Thanks only did 3 so far and got about 3k only took about 2 hours and its the first time doing them. Will do them quicker no doubt the next time.

Man, Blizzard needs to make Greymane's new look available for transmog somehow. Mages everywhere would love that coat...

I really wish they would do some armor sets just like this. We don't always need to be seeping ARCANE FELL FIRE from our goddamn belts and helmets.

Just give us some good, normal looking, transmog options.

For example, it took me forever to piece this set together. Something that looks ranger-like and yet doesn't look like i'm wearing Mail. Also, eyepatch cuz eyepatch.

zHmPf4y.jpg

Tenebrous

(EU Horde) Any chance I could find 2-3 people to help me with Blood Infusion tonight? I've been on this quest on my Paladin for at least a year now, and I'd like to get it done at some point.

For example, it took me forever to piece this set together. Something that looks ranger-like and yet doesn't look like i'm wearing Mail. Also, eyepatch cuz eyepatch.

zHmPf4y.jpg
That's a really good looking Worgen. Unfortunately their animations suck (running, and especially 2hand). Their head and upper body bounce up and down stupidly fast while running almost reminding me of riding the Troll raptor mount. I also really wish that they would automatically transform between human and worgen when entering and leaving combat.

I really like the Worgen race but with these issues I just can't play one. Greymane looks amazing btw.

That's a really good looking Worgen. Unfortunately their animations suck (running, and especially 2hand). Their head and upper body bounce up and down stupidly fast while running almost reminding me of riding the Troll raptor mount. I also really wish that they would automatically transform between human and worgen when entering and leaving combat.

I really like the Worgen race but with these issues I just can't play one. Greymane looks amazing btw.

I agree, their animations blow hard. I'm just a sucker for werewolves hahah.

Top Bottom