• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

What's the ilvl required for the latest raid? I'm currently 687, my gear is all from heroic BRF
I wonder how good is the gear from mythic dungeons? maybe I could replace some of my gear with mythic dungeon gear..

Depends on what you want to do (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic?) You're like 6 months behind on gear. Mythic dungeons will likely have some upgrades for you, as will upgraded baleful gear and crafted stuff if you want it. Biggest issue you'll have is your numbers will still be trash without 4-piece and ring, even if you get your iLvl up some. You'll be hard pressed to find PUGs for heroic taking anyone less than ~700-705 though at this point. That's about the cutoff I'd take making a heroic group from scratch for the lower level of HFC. Mythic dungeons I'd be more lenient. For a PUG, heroic Archimonde I probably wouldn't take anyone less than 710.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What's the ilvl required for the latest raid? I'm currently 687, my gear is all from heroic BRF
I wonder how good is the gear from mythic dungeons? maybe I could replace some of my gear with mythic dungeon gear..

ilvl 687 will get you into a normal HFC raid no problem. The problem is the upgrades will be minor.

Edwardo

Are any classes or specs not very good right now? I'm just messing around in-game after getting my account back up and running.

I have a shaman, rogue, warlock, and death knight in the 70-80 range.

My rogue and DK are both 80 and best equipped to do stuff in cata. The lock and shaman are low 70s.

Would I be right guessing 2handed enhancement isn't very good anymore?

I know stuff gets buffed and nerfed, but I don't want to start leveling a class if they aren't considered very good or are really common.

cdyhybrid

Are any classes or specs not very good right now? I'm just messing around in-game after getting my account back up and running.

I have a shaman, rogue, warlock, and death knight in the 70-80 range.

My rogue and DK are both 80 and best equipped to do stuff in cata. The lock and shaman are low 70s.

Would I be right guessing 2handed enhancement isn't very good anymore?

I know stuff gets buffed and nerfed, but I don't want to start leveling a class if they aren't considered very good or are really common.

It's fine while leveling, but 2H Frost is pretty much dead, and will be actually dead in Legion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2Hand enhancement isn't just "not very good", it literally doesn't function. I don't think you can even lava lash without an offhand weapon. I'm not even positive you can even equip 2hand axes/maces on a shaman anymore, come to think of it.

Enhance is getting a bit of much-need work in Legion, but will still be dual-wield only. As mentioned, Frost DK will also be Dual-wield only (due to artifact) but for leveling to 100 you can be 2hand frost if you want and do just fine.

Edwardo

I might try out something different. I was never rly a fan of dual weilding. Maybe just for leveling.

I also just found out what connected realms are lol.

I'm not even positive you can even equip 2hand axes/maces on a shaman anymore, come to think of it.

Aw, that stinks. 2h enhance shaman pvp was some of the most fun I've had.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I could be wrong... but do you get less gold per boss if you run a 25H Cata raid with 2 people rather than alone? That's what I used to assume, but I got like 125 gold on average yesterday by running a few of them with my gf. Isn't that what you also get by doing it alone? I guess you might get less gold if you include loot on top of that though...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could be wrong... but do you get less gold per boss if you run a 25H Cata raid with 2 people rather than alone? That's what I used to assume, but I got like 125 gold on average yesterday by running a few of them with my gf. Isn't that what you also get by doing it alone?

Yes. It doesn't increase the amount of gold based on the people in there

M.D

Mythic dungeon gear scales from 685 to 725 in intervals of 5 as of this patch. Probably shouldn't be hard to replace some of your stuff if you're only 687.

Depends on what you want to do (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic?) You're like 6 months behind on gear. Mythic dungeons will likely have some upgrades for you, as will upgraded baleful gear and crafted stuff if you want it. Biggest issue you'll have is your numbers will still be trash without 4-piece and ring, even if you get your iLvl up some. You'll be hard pressed to find PUGs for heroic taking anyone less than ~700-705 though at this point. That's about the cutoff I'd take making a heroic group from scratch for the lower level of HFC. Mythic dungeons I'd be more lenient. For a PUG, heroic Archimonde I probably wouldn't take anyone less than 710.

ilvl 687 will get you into a normal HFC raid no problem. The problem is the upgrades will be minor.

Thanks.
I'm assuming you guys are talking about valor upgrades when you mention mythic dungeon items scaling, and all the base items are 685?

ZenaxPure

Thanks.
I'm assuming you guys are talking about valor upgrades when you mention mythic dungeon items scaling, and all the base items are 685?

No, warforging in mythic dungeons can give an item any item level (in intervals of 5) between 685-725. A perfectly warforged + valor upgraded item from a mythic dungeon would be 735.

phierce

No. Mythic dungeon loot ilvls can range from 685-725.

Valor upgrades will add another 5 ilvls per upgrade (total of 10 ilvls) to that gear.

Magnus

I could be wrong... but do you get less gold per boss if you run a 25H Cata raid with 2 people rather than alone? That's what I used to assume, but I got like 125 gold on average yesterday by running a few of them with my gf. Isn't that what you also get by doing it alone? I guess you might get less gold if you include loot on top of that though...

125 would still drop off the boss. But looting it would distribute that evenly to all group members. No?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yes. It doesn't increase the amount of gold based on the people in there

I'm pretty sure this is wrong, there was a deliberate change to this so that legacy raid bosses actually DO drop more total gold as the amount of people in the raid increase.

M.D

No, warforging in mythic dungeons can give an item any item level (in intervals of 5) between 685-725. A perfectly warforged + valor upgraded item from a mythic dungeon would be 735.

No. Mythic dungeon loot ilvls can range from 685-725.

Valor upgrades will add another 5 ilvls per upgrade (total of 10 ilvls) to that gear.

Yeah, completely forget about that. Thanks!

Unrelated question - It looks like the tanking classes are getting a lot of changes in Legion? what class looks to benefit the most and looking strongest right now?

Bisnic

I'm pretty sure this is wrong, there was a deliberate change to this so that legacy raid bosses actually DO drop more total gold as the amount of people in the raid increase.

Yeah, when we looted the boss, we saw ~250g, but it got distributed in half for the 2 of us. I'm pretty sure we don't get 250g per boss when soloing.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, completely forget about that. Thanks!

Unrelated question - It looks like the tanking classes are getting a lot of changes in Legion? what class looks to benefit the most and looking strongest right now?
All classes are getting changed. We have no idea about power levels since talents, abilities, and artifact trees aren't even finalized yet - never mind actual numbers balancing.

Magnus

So, TSM's best profit suggestion for almost every BoE green I get is to Auction it, rather than vendor or DE it. It's becoming such an exercise though - searching for each one, removing the suffix, then seeing what's comparable, etc. Is there any way to automate this to a degree?

What do you guys do with all the goddamn greens that pile up? 90% of the time they don't even sell anyway, despite TSM's updated data suggesting that they recently did on my realm....who the fuck is actually buying most greens anyway? They're not hot looking at all for XMog, so that rules that out...

Tenebrous

So, TSM's best profit suggestion for almost every BoE green I get is to Auction it, rather than vendor or DE it. It's becoming such an exercise though - searching for each one, removing the suffix, then seeing what's comparable, etc. Is there any way to automate this to a degree?

What do you guys do with all the goddamn greens that pile up? 90% of the time they don't even sell anyway, despite TSM's updated data suggesting that they recently did on my realm....who the fuck is actually buying most greens anyway? They're not hot looking at all for XMog, so that rules that out...

This is absolutely soul destroying. I'd love to find a way around that myself.

ampere

Weird, I always thought that 125g was what bosses drop when soloing Cata 25h raids. Guess I was wrong.

Each player will always get the same amount, regardless of how many players are there. Bosses used to drop X gold, divided among all players. Now they drop a fixed amount*number of players.

So, yea you'll get 125g each from Cata 25H bosses solo, in a party, in a full raid, etc.

I vendor them unless the Undermine Journal average sell price is in the thousands and the standard deviation is not near the average sell price. The green transmog market was largely destroyed with Salvage Yards

There are exceptions. If you get Jade Plate pieces or something like that, absolutely try to sell them, but most stuff is trash

phierce

Sell it all and destroy your salvage yard. You'll thank me later.

It took me a long time to do this on my toons, but man it's so nice not having to deal with that shit any longer.

iirate

Sell it all and destroy your salvage yard. You'll thank me later.

It took me a long time to do this on my toons, but man it's so nice not having to deal with that shit any longer.

I agree that selling them is way too much of a hassle, but I'm keeping my yards and boxes to open them later for transmog completion after Legion makes appearances BoA.

I would say your settings are wonky. Or rather, use common sense. 99% of the time a random green is not going to be worth the trouble of auctioning...or worth the value in DEing (especially at this stage of the expansion, and with how dust is essentially free due to garrison resources). VENDOR IT ALL.

And ditch the salvage yard, it's really not worth the effort. Time is money, friend -- and the time spent opening and sorting boxes is not worth it on the off chance you get some dope item once in awhile that may be worth something.

I would say your settings are wonky. Or rather, use common sense. 99% of the time a random green is not going to be worth the trouble of auctioning...or worth the value in DEing (especially at this stage of the expansion, and with how dust is essentially free due to garrison resources). VENDOR IT ALL.

And ditch the salvage yard, it's really not worth the effort. Time is money, friend -- and the time spent opening and sorting boxes is not worth it on the off chance you get some dope item once in awhile that may be worth something.

I dunno...I mean I stack up to 20 boxes in 2 or 3 days and it takes me roughly 2 minutes to open them? Then after vendoring what I can I average around/over 100g...

Its not like it takes an hour to handle.

Hellfire Peninsula has been fully explored and its questing is complete and I never want to do that again. HFP is my least favourite zone in the game yet. Currently a third of the way through Zangara Marsh. The furthest I've ever gotten into The Burning Crusades questing content before is mid-way through Terokkar Forrest. Last time I was so outleveled by questing through HFP and ZM along with sporadically doing dungeons queues I was 70 and moved on to Wrath content on my last toon. Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm look neat but I am not looking forward to Nagrand or Blade's Edge Mountain.

I've uninstalled the Storyline mod because it seriously drags out the amount of time it takes to read through and accept questing content. Those neat little animated interractions and scrolling text aren't worth the added time. Sometimes you do want to skip through the preamble and just go kill 20 x.

Hellfire Peninsula has been fully explored and its questing is complete and I never want to do that again. HFP is my least favourite zone in the game yet. Currently a third of the way through Zangara Marsh. The furthest I've ever gotten into The Burning Crusades questing content before is mid-way through Terokkar Forrest. Last time I was so outleveled by questing through HFP and ZM along with sporadically doing dungeons queues I was 70 and moved on to Wrath content on my last toon. Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm look neat but I am not looking forward to Nagrand or Blade's Edge Mountain.

I've uninstalled the Storyline mod because it seriously drags out the amount of time it takes to read through and accept questing content. Those neat little animated interractions and scrolling text aren't worth the added time. Sometimes you do want to skip through the preamble and just go kill 20 x.

Yeah HFP sucks. Nagrand is okay, if nothing else due to how pretty it is. I personally hate Blade's Edge Mountains. Burning Crusade isn't really well regarded in the questing aspect.

Its funny, TBC is the expansion that sorta introduced the concept of "hubs" in WoW. Like, go to this town, grab 6 quests, go out and do them, then return for the next ones. However, it was a bandaid to the actual problem, the quest design themselves. Essentially it made it easier to manage doing shitty quests all at once in the same area verses actually designing engaging quests.

Shahadan

Bleh those BC quests. Never again. Drop rates are annoying as fuck. Funnily enough the worst parts of vanilla are now only in Outland.

One of the things I'm kind of disappointed with is the reaction of Draenei in Outland, or lack thereof, to my Draenei Paladin. One of the things I like so much about Goblins is how many characters there are in Kezan and The Lost Isle show up through the Steamwheedle questing hubs in Azeroth, like Megs Dreadshredder in Gadetzan/Tanaris. Or even how Goblin NPC's in Azshara reference your former social status in Kezan, you used to be one step away from being Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel.

For the Draenei, Velen popped up at the end of Bloomyst and showed up at the end of a random ques chain in Swamp of Sorrow in that Broken settlement but beyond that not a whole lot.

Tamanon

Banned
One of the things I'm kind of disappointed with is the reaction of Draenei in Outland, or lack thereof, to my Draenei Paladin. One of the things I like so much about Goblins is how many characters there are in Kezan and The Lost Isle show up through the Steamwheedle questing hubs in Azeroth, like Megs Dreadshredder in Gadetzan/Tanaris. Or even how Goblin NPC's in Azshara reference your former social status in Kezan, you used to be one step away from being Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel.

For the Draenei, Velen popped up at the end of Bloomyst and showed up at the end of a random ques chain in Swamp of Sorrow in that Broken settlement but beyond that not a whole lot.

Yeah, they dropped the ball on Draenei until Warlords.

So I resubbed and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to an acceptable gear level. I stopped playing during Highmaul so a majority of my gear was ~640. After a weekend of doing every single raid and upgrading LWing items I'm around 665 I think (not at home to check). I was puttering around Tanaan and I assume it's worth the time to clear out that zone and try and get upgraded baleful gear until I can get at the very least full LFR HFC gear.

If there's something I'm missing I'd love to know about it.

TheYanger

There's no reason you have to do those zones, you can easily push through part of Nagrand and hit the point where you can do some of Netherstorm or SMV. There are a few questlines in Netherstorm I used to always do to level up to 70, the ghost town in the far southeast is a favorite of mine once you know what you're doing, you can finish like 10 quests in maybe 15 minutes there.

Robin64

Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is at or above 90%, no ships will be lost on the mission.

About damn time.

Tacitus_

So I resubbed and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to an acceptable gear level. I stopped playing during Highmaul so a majority of my gear was ~640. After a weekend of doing every single raid and upgrading LWing items I'm around 665 I think (not at home to check). I was puttering around Tanaan and I assume it's worth the time to clear out that zone and try and get upgraded baleful gear until I can get at the very least full LFR HFC gear.

If there's something I'm missing I'd love to know about it.

There's a bunch of treasures on the ground in Tanaan that give you specific pieces of gear - and named mobs who have a chance to drop their specific piece of gear.

Edwardo

So I decided to start questing last night on my rogue. I get to Vashj'ir and of course there's a ?? lvl hunter chilling waiting to kill anyone leveling up. Some things never change haha.

Yeah. I've done like... 1400 naval missions on my main and got 4 rare missions so far. And I've gone months without seeing one, it's silly.

It said "in testing", maybe live after restarts

Weren't live yet right before restart - blockade was still 4 hours for me.

But yeah this is a hugely welcome change, maybe I'll finally get my other two heirloom rings, and the left shark. Think I got everything else at this point.

Anoregon

Bleh those BC quests. Never again. Drop rates are annoying as fuck. Funnily enough the worst parts of vanilla are now only in Outland.

Yeah, Outland definitely shows its age as the oldest part of the game. If they ever do that level revamp Ion mentioned a while ago about making both Outland and Northrend level 58-70 zones and allowing you to skip one entirely, I imagine Outland will be quite a neglected place.

M.D

All classes are getting changed. We have no idea about power levels since talents, abilities, and artifact trees aren't even finalized yet - never mind actual numbers balancing.

For some reason I thought we got a lot of info about most of those things. I'll keep an eye out for that info.

Garrison question - how are you supposed to get the better treasure hunter missions that give a lot of gold? like the missions of 500+

Bisnic

Garrison question - how are you supposed to get the better treasure hunter missions that give a lot of gold? like the missions of 500+

Have an Inn lvl 3 and hope that you get lucky... I think that's pretty much it. I guess the more lvl 100 characters with treasure hunters, inn lvl 3, and high lvl followers, the better... but you have to stop at one point, or else you play that Garrison minigame more than you play the actual game.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, Outland definitely shows its age as the oldest part of the game. If they ever do that level revamp Ion mentioned a while ago about making both Outland and Northrend level 58-70 zones and allowing you to skip one entirely, I imagine Outland will be quite a neglected place.

Honestly as much as I hate Outland questing I think it'd be better to stick with it for faster leveling. The one benefit of the questing setup is that there is only 2-3 hubs in most zones so you can easily pick up 25 quests without much traveling. Been recently leveling up another warrior and Outland was a breeze compared to Northrend with xp elixirs. ~30 quests in Hellfire, ~30 quests in Nagrand and I was level 70. Northrend I could pick up 25 quests in Borean (though since there are way more hubs it was a lot more flying around) but sholazar/zul'drak it's near impossible to do that without visiting both zones.

But on that note, easy access to xp elixirs in 6.2 has been amazing/hilarious. I started in the Blasted Lands on that warrior at level 55 and was ready for the Tanaan invasion quest by the next day.

For some reason I thought we got a lot of info about most of those things. I'll keep an eye out for that info.

Well I mean we do have basically all the talents/artifact talents out there to look at but the point is things always dramatically change during beta so you can only take them with a grain of salt. Pointless to figure out which spec looks the strongest when everything is going to go through multiple iterations over the next few months.

Fularu

Banned
Shadowmoon Valley, Blade's Edge Mountains, Nagrand and Netherstorm have great questlines. Some of the best the game has to offer and paved the way for how the questing is structured now

Top Bottom