• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I figured, but wasn't sure.

Lmao. If I decide to keep playing after my trial ends, I might transfer my Shaman to my friend's server. The problem is he's alliance, so idk what race i'd even want to play.

Shaman can be the two best alliance races, Dranei and Dwarf.

Female Dwarf casting animation is probably one of the worst I've seen yet. They stand really still while channeling, maybe having hair that can move would help it look a little more exciting but otherwise it's super boring looking. Male Dwarf casting animation is pretty epic looking. Lots of secondary animation depending on the beard and hair chosen. Male Draenei casting animations are okay, I haven't seen the female Draenei casting animation yet.

ZenaxPure

I'd probably consider Draenei, but idk about Dwarf. I had a female Dwarf warrior once lol.

I'm gonna need to look at everyones attack/spell animations again.

Female dwarf is great if you're a caster. They have that hair style that goes crazy when you are casting spells.

Pandaren have amazing animations though, my second shaman is enhance/pandaren and you do crazy ass flips and shit when you use Unleash Elements. It's pretty awesome.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Don't mind him, man. There's not a single post he can't find something negative/argumentative/asshole'ish to reply with.

Pretty much lol, don't bother engaging with someone who whines about everything. Not worth the time it took you to post.

No honestly, 19 mythic pieces in 3 hours and he didn't get neck or cloak. I feel really bad. He paid all that gold.

Outland is actually a really visually interesting region. Even Hellfire Peninsula can have its moments, although most of what's visually interesting about that zone is the skyline. Almost every zone is visually distinct and they all border on the surreal. You go from a shattered red ruined wasteland to a vibrant cerulean marshland. Then there's the juxtaposition of a reclaimed city in a vibrant, lush green forest and a dead city in the middle of a grey wasteland. Even though Hellfire Peninsula feels kinda same-y to a number of 40-50 zones on Azeroth, everything else in Outland is a pretty huge departure.

That said, the questing sucks. Half-way through Terokkar Forrest and really struggling to push onwards. I'm 68 and would be in Northrend if it wasn't for this Loremaster run. Really hope things pick up in Nagrand, or Blade's Edge Mountain. I think it's the quest design not being exactly inspired combined with the really low drop rates, the spread out mobs, as well as some areas or mobs not even being properly marked. They can't make the quests more exciting or interesting without significant work but they could improve the drop rates, spawn rates, mob density and mob/area marking. They don't need to drag out basic kill/kill-fetch quests anymore. Just let people speed through them faster. I hope once I hit 70 I start to mow through the content faster.

Bowlie

Banned
I asked a few questions to you guys here about how was WoW's world post-Cata, since I dropped it during WotLK, and it's nice to see how casual and accessible the game has become (I'm saying this in a good way), like:

- don't need to train spells anymore
- don't need skinning knife anymore to skin animals
- pets became Pokémons
- every druid movement form merged into Travel (who turned my cheetah into a stag though)
- group finder, don't need to walk to a dungeon

I'm loving seeing the same places, NPCs, quests, etc., in a whole different way

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I don't really know what you're talking about...

Sooooo are you guys going to just be posting unmarked spoilers?

image.php

Like your avatar, right?

JSoup

Banned
You can go to Dalaran too, but it's unfinished.

Literally the best part of beta/alpha is going to broken areas to dick around.
Who remembers the error in MoP beta that removed all the water from Vashj'ir?
Like, all of it. Even the blue filter was gone, you could look up and see the clear sky.
The funny things about that, they apparently planed for that as the areas are actually pretty traversable without water and taxi's are apparently all actually flying versions of water mounts, as they all worked fine.

image.php

Like your avatar, right?

lmao seriously talk about hypocrisy

I was simply asking a question, perhaps I should have included a follow up if there was going to be a spoiler thread. No need to be dickish about it. At all.

We've been pretty free with posting pictures and links to content that would be considered a spoiler. For example the image this avatar was taken from was posted in this thread.

cdyhybrid

I was simply asking a question, perhaps I should have included a follow up if there was going to be a spoiler thread. No need to be dickish about it. At all.

We've been pretty free with posting pictures and links to content that would be considered a spoiler. For example the image this avatar was taken from was posted in this thread.

There is a spoiler thread!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144913 (warning, spoilers :p)

Peachpies

Mistweaver changes look pretty cool. So the stances are gone and you were just toggling action bars for dps abilities?
yes i put the dps abilities on one and the healing on another and manually switched between them it is a lot more clunky then with a stance

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The new animations look pretty cool. Watching Asmongold playing fury. Whirlwind looks amazing. Even the damage numbers reacting to each hit is cool.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, the warrior class hall look pretty amazing.

In contrast, death knights look just like their starting zone floating base. Yay. Hopefully that will change.

ampere

yes i put the dps abilities on one and the healing on another and manually switched between them it is a lot more clunky then with a stance

Perhaps shift modifiers or something would help

The thing I dislike about crane stance is the GCD incurred on swapping stances. Very rough in pvp

Anoregon

In contrast, death knights look just like their starting zone floating base. Yay. Hopefully that will change.

Well, that's because it is.

I saw some of the new melee animations in streams last night (outlaw rogue, fury warrior, and surv hunter), they all look very nice. Much smoother and flashier.

StMeph

It's okay. While Bolvar's busy reforging Frostmourne (wtf, why), I'll sneak into ICC and steal the citadel. Take THAT, everyone else's class halls.

Anoregon

It's okay. While Bolvar's busy reforging Frostmourne (wtf, why), I'll sneak into ICC and steal the citadel. Take THAT, everyone else's class halls.

Huh? Frost DKs reforge Frostmourne into a pair of 1hand swords for their artifact.

Top Bottom