• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Shadowmoon Valley, Blade's Edge Mountains, Nagrand and Netherstorm have great questlines. Some of the best the game has to offer and paved the way for how the questing is structured now

The bad news is that most people hit 70 in Terokkar at the very latest and move on to Northrend questing.

I agree that SMV/Netherstorm questlines are fantastic, and touch on a lot of the Reign of Chaos/Frozen Throne lore that people are nostalgic for.

If they adjusted the leveling requirements and made Northrend and Outland equal starting points, this Loremaster run would be one of the last times I ever visit Outland outside of farming Kael'thas for a few mounts.

The Burning Crusade may have introduced quest hubs and that was a quality of life improvement that made the game better going forward, you're still ping-ponging around huge zones to get to the quests and back. Zangarmarsh is worse than Hellfire Pennisula in that regard. There's a lot of dead time where you're just flying. A lot of the kill-fetch quests mean having to kill 60 X to collect 15 Y, the spawning zones are low population and spread out all over the zone. If you're remotely competing against anyone, be they your faction (and unwilling to team up) or not, this greatly drags out the time it takes to complete an otherwise simple quest. The majority of the questing in Zangarmarsh is comprised of these spread out kill-fetch quests and the lower the number of things to fetch, the worse the drop rates seem to be.

strafer

Blade's Edge is a cool zone. I remember liking it very much back in the day.

The Alliance had a pretty bad corpse run there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya I never liked Blades Edge questing very much and likely spent less time there than any other Outland zone, but for whatever reason still remember the zone fondly. Maybe it's just because of the story lines there. You chill with Rexxar, find out how much of a badass Gruul is, and do quests with a black dragon who isn't totally an evil asshole.

Blade's Edge is a cool zone. I remember liking it very much back in the day.

The Alliance had a pretty bad corpse run there.

Everybody had bad corpse runs there at launch. One cave didn't have any nearby graveyards, and you had to run through another large cave to get back there. I think it's better now, but I've never wanted to go back to check.

Zangarmarsh is done. Got the questing and map achievements and it looks like I genuinely polished off every quest except for the repeatable dailies. I want that Hippogryph you can get with Exalted rep with the Cenarian Expidition but I'm not keen on rep grinding at the moment, nor does this toon have an extra 1900 gold kicking around yet, so on to Terokkar Forrest.

Tacitus_

You can just run the Zangar Marsh dungeons if you want to grind rep for it. Shouldn't take too long if you're anywhere near level cap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was leveling my monk finally and forgot how good the female orc combat sounds are. They sound so god damn violent.

Got my Gronntooth War Horn trinket today! Breath of Sindragosa build for single target finally viable! Still not as good as the one from maidens, but it's better than all the other options. Uptime on it is pretty ridiculous.

Might even be viable for Frost single target.

cdyhybrid

Got my Gronntooth War Horn trinket today! Breath of Sindragosa build for single target finally viable! Still not as good as the one from maidens, but it's better than all the other options. Uptime on it is pretty ridiculous.

Might even be viable for Frost single target.

725 Skull of War is really good for BoS UH too.

Wow congrats are you pugging? I'm up to Manny haven't attempted him yet ( all via Pug). I want to upgrade my gear a bit more before I go for the moose need any help I can get as a holy priest

I normally do, but I'm a friends and family member of a guild that's working on P3 Mythic Archy, so I got to tag along when they did H Archy for ring upgrades today :p

725 Skull of War is really good for BoS UH too.

I normally do, but I'm a friends and family member of a guild that's working on P3 Mythic Archy, so I got to tag along when they did H Archy for ring upgrades today :p

I might have to look into that, but it appears under-budget. Reading on MMO-Champ though it says the heirloom isn't nearly as good now after being stealth nerfed. Maybe Skull of War is good assuming you don't have a mythic discordant chorus instead? (mine's heroic upgraded.)

cdyhybrid

I might have to look into that, but it appears under-budget. Reading on MMO-Champ though it says the heirloom isn't nearly as good now after being stealth nerfed. Maybe Skull of War is good assuming you don't have a mythic discordant chorus instead? (mine's heroic upgraded.)

I think the ideal is M Vial and M UeH. BoA can replace Vial if you don't have it on demon bosses. Next best trinket is Skull of War from what I remember.

Let me see if I can find a screenshot of the sims Acherus did.

Edit: Here!

S946WRu.png

Or here: https://imgur.com/a/vihsO

Daniel R

I am doing my mythic 13/13 boost run tonight so I am excited.
Apart from the Felsteel Annihilator mount and Grove Warden mount I will be getting all loot that isn't warforged that I can use. I am hoping for full tier set and class trinket since if they drop they are mine. Saving my 10 extra personal loot rolls for boss 4-13.

Godan

I am doing my mythic 13/13 boost run tonight so I am excited.
Apart from the Felsteel Annihilator mount and Grove Warden mount I will be getting all loot that isn't warforged that I can use. I am hoping for full tier set and class trinket since if they drop they are mine. Saving my 10 extra personal loot rolls for boss 4-13.

That cost a bit i take it to get that run?

Having to do arena skirmishes for Valor just now was bleh. So silly.

How many alts and treasure hunters per alts do you have to make 1.5 millions in 6 weeks??? That seems ridiculous.

IIRC he said 33 or something earlier, but it wouldn't just be from gold missions. He's talking garrison resource trading and the like as well, making stuff and auctioning it.

Daniel R

How many alts and treasure hunters per alts do you have to make 1.5 millions in 6 weeks??? That seems ridiculous.

32 characters and at least 10 treasure hunters each. (RAF:ing up 10-11 more characters at the moment).
But I also make gold from bags, enchants, transmog and rare missions - all garrison related.
I don't buy mats with garrison resources and sell, I use them all myself.
I don't do Kazzak on more than a couple of characters. I do not have any barns.
I do missions twice a day and reset work orders twice a week.
8 tailors making bags. 4 Enchanters, 15 other chars with enchanting hut to make crystals.

Between 9/24 and 30/11 I netted 1848849 gold after expenses. Expenses included 300k Mythic Blackhand boost, 200k CM Boost, 50 k rep mount.
So I'll add those to my total.

2398849 gold in 68 days.
35277 gold/day.

Edit, I forgot that my expenses would include about 2x2 tokens (Europe) so add 240 k to my expenses.
Averages out to 38,8 k /day.

I am sure there are other Goblins that make a lot more than that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
32 characters and at least 10 treasure hunters each. (RAF:ing up 10-11 more characters at the moment).
But I also make gold from bags, enchants, transmog and rare missions - all garrison related.
I don't buy mats with garrison resources and sell, I use them all myself.
I don't do Kazzak on more than a couple of characters. I do not have any barns.
I do missions twice a day and reset work orders twice a week.
8 tailors making bags. 4 Enchanters, 15 other chars with enchanting hut to make crystals.

Between 9/24 and 30/11 I netted 1848849 gold after expenses. Expenses included 300k Mythic Blackhand boost, 200k CM Boost, 50 k rep mount.
So I'll add those to my total.

2398849 gold in 68 days.
35277 gold/day.

Edit, I forgot that my expenses would include about 2x2 tokens (Europe) so add 240 k to my expenses.
Averages out to 38,8 k /day.

I am sure there are other Goblins that make a lot more than that.

Wow. Not sure if I should congratulate you for your dedication, or call you crazy. :p The 32 characters with 10 Treasure hunters each at the beginning was already "O_O" enough.

Daniel R

Got to do something in game when I don't get to raid properly. Buying my way to mythic gear in less time spent than actually progressing through the same content is both nice and not so nice. Of course I'd rather raid.

My raiding high point was killing Lich King 10 heroic as the 10th best alliance guild on our server. That is about the skill level I play at. I don't have the possibility to raid on a schedule. I play a lot but I can spend the time a little more freely if it's not on a schedule.

Robin64

Oh joy, the Shipyard hotfixes are now all live.

General
• Rare Naval Missions have an increased chance to appear.
• The bonuses provided by assist equipment, such as Ammo Reserves or Automated Sky Scanner, have been increased by 100%.
• Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is increased to 90% or greater, no ships will be lost on the mission.

Blockade Missions
• Blockade Mission duration is now 30 minutes (was 4 hours).
• Blockade Missions will respawn after 7 days (was 5 days).
• The Oil cost for Blockade Missions is now 50 (was 100).

Crews
• The bonus chance to Mission success provided by Human or Undead crews will be 50% higher.
• The bonus chance to Missions success provided by a Pandaren crew will be 33% higher
• The Pandaren Crew bonus will apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours).

22/25 Treasure Mission Victories... Soul destroying.

Just want the BoA ring to go with the BoA fishing ring for all my twinks.

Still waiting on the int and agi ones myself. And the Left Shark. With those I don't have to bother with it at all outside my mythic caches.

Not sure exactly what use they'll actually be mind you, with all the 90+ characters I have already. And with Demon Hunters starting so close to 100 anyway.

Tenebrous

I have twinks at 19 29 39 49 (39 & 49 outdated as hell as they're TBC twinks, but I might update em for a laugh) and 70, so they'll definitely be of use to me!

Daniel R

Mythic boost run was a 90% success, got 19 loots with some overlaps. 5 pc tier, but none of the good trinkets. Also got Edict of Argus and a Warforged Spur of the great devourer staff.

Didn't get a neck or cloak. Was surprised it only took 3 hours.

cdyhybrid

Mythic boost run was a 90% success, got 19 loots with some overlaps. 5 pc tier, but none of the good trinkets. Also got Edict of Argus and a Warforged Spur of the great devourer staff.

Didn't get a neck or cloak. Was surprised it only took 3 hours.
What class?

phierce

Come on man. I wasn't sounding entitled was I? Just thought it might interest someone. Just wanted to share my moment of happiness.
Don't mind him, man. There's not a single post he can't find something negative/argumentative/asshole'ish to reply with.

Top Bottom