• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Crystalline Swords (Rank 1) - As you attack, icy copies of Icebringer and Frostreaper begin to float beside you. When you trigger Soulblade, the icy blades are unleased and pierce their foe.

If this animates anything remotely similar to how I am imagining it in my head there is no way I'm not going to be playing frost in Legion.

Sword summoning/shooting characters are video game heroin.

The enhc talents were okay too, at least there were a couple feral spirit ones and no elemental/ascendance ones.

There are also way to many 'summon a ghoul/garona/shadowclone/imageifyou/beast talents'.

Ashodin

They're making all engineering wormholes into toys. Even the portable mailbox.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=250154/legion-vrykul-and-lord-ravencrest-armor-sets-toy-box-updates-and-dozens-of-old-i
Another market for making gold, but also sweet for mount farming, and getting to places quickly. Time to make a spreadsheet of materials for these and start gathering.

oh shit really? more bag spaaaaaaaaace

Legion is shaping up to pretty fucking awesome from a mechanical and gameplay standpoint. Like seriously one of the best expacs for the game entirely.

Beepos

I skipped Warlords, but as a very casual WoW player, Legion is looking great and making me want to resub. Do I play through Warlords now while is on sale for -75% only to have to wait over 6 months to play Legion?

Perhaps I could create my first alt... or I could just wait.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I skipped Warlords, but as a very casual WoW player, Legion is looking great and making me want to resub. Do I play through Warlords now while is on sale for -75% only to have to wait over 6 months to play Legion?

If you have the desire to play then Warlords is well worth the $12.50 price tag.

ZenaxPure

Could just play a month or so and see everything in Warlords then unsub and wait for Legion. The questing experience is a lot of fun and the garrison stuff is integrated really well into that experience and is pretty fun. It just doesn't have any legs to sustain it long term.

Yeah those engineering things still require the skill.

And they're nerfing Aqua Jewel. That's total shit. Right now you can use it anywhere - the toy version says Pandaria only. I use it for screenshots and stuff.

Tacitus_

Was Sithilus the Tanaan/Ashran of its day? It's got a world PVP activity, a couple of reps to grind, and vendors with rep restricted craft recipes.

It's such an interesting looking zone but it's so dull to play through and it's the most threadbare questing experience in the game.

Silithus was the Tanaan of its day. Well minus the bonus areas and "rare" monsters.

Or any kind of content actually.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Silithus was the Tanaan of its day. Well minus the bonus areas and "rare" monsters.

Or any kind of content actually.

The thing with Silithus was that there was plenty of content while the gates event was going on, but once that was over there was nothing else.

On that note, I really really liked that event and wish they'd do something like it again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The thing with Silithus was that there was plenty of content while the gates event was going on, but once that was over there was nothing else.

On that note, I really really liked that event and wish they'd do something like it again.

It was also completely unfinished and useless before then, besides being the best zone in the game for Thorium.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was also completely unfinished and useless before then, besides being the best zone in the game for Thorium.

Not completely useless, you had to go there for the Thunderfury quest. Also, Winterspring was better for Thorium. Specifically the demon area with all the elites.

Kilrathi

Hows the leveling progress now, I last time I played was briefly during MOP and before that was CATA, I haven't really play the game hardcore since Classic to WOTLK.

ZenaxPure

The event was indeed amazing but it's well known that it was a technical nightmare. Doubt we'll ever see anything like that again.

Honestly it wasn't even the Silithus event that was messed up, there was tons of server crashes/insane lag during parts of the quest chain. I remember my server shit the bed constantly as the first guild on the server tried to do Eranikus in Moonglade.

Tamanon

Banned
Hows the leveling progress now, I last time I played was briefly during MOP and before that was CATA, I haven't really play the game hardcore since Classic to WOTLK.

It's butter now. Leveling is pretty easy. Dungeons give a ton of XP, or just quest easily.

Lomax

They're making all engineering wormholes into toys. Even the portable mailbox.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=250154/legion-vrykul-and-lord-ravencrest-armor-sets-toy-box-updates-and-dozens-of-old-i
Another market for making gold, but also sweet for mount farming, and getting to places quickly. Time to make a spreadsheet of materials for these and start gathering.

I wish they'd push through these toy updates like, now. It would be immediately beneficial and it's not like they somehow need the expansion to make the change.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not completely useless, you had to go there for the Thunderfury quest. Also, Winterspring was better for Thorium. Specifically the demon area with all the elites.

That's why Sithilus was better for Thorium! No one was there and nothing hard to fight!

One thing I miss about earlier expansions, and Vanilla-era stuff in particular was the wide variety of crafting mats, and the difficulty with which they were obtained. Put a real value on them vs. this like one base and one BoP material for everything that warlords devolved into.

I hope legion is more of a return to form with there being something you can sink your teeth in professions instead of something the interns crapped out in a week.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The event was indeed amazing but it's well known that it was a technical nightmare. Doubt we'll ever see anything like that again.

Honestly it wasn't even the Silithus event that was messed up, there was tons of server crashes/insane lag during parts of the quest chain. I remember my server shit the bed constantly as the first guild on the server tried to do Eranikus in Moonglade.

I remember that too. I just wish we could see something that awesome again, being a part of that was probably my most memorable gaming experience.

That's why Sithilus was better for Thorium! No one was there and nothing hard to fight!

Yea, but it was so big and all the thorium was so spread out.

Feralas is done, on to Felwood, Winterspring and then Outland. I don't ever really see myself doing this again, it's been good to clear the content, see it all, grind out the reps and get gold since I'm starting out on this server fresh but moving forward, I'll feel no guilt skipping by most of this in the dungeon queue with other toons.

I think once I get this Paladin to max level, complete the loremaster run and get its garrison up and running, I may simply use the level 100 boost on a Horde toon and boost up a Resto Shaman. Then I can funnel resources into new toons on either faction if I want. Plus I kinda just miss playing a Shaman.

Got Mythic Gorefiend down for the second time this week. Took nearly all night with various disconnects and missing people but we did it. Iskar bugged though after a couple of attempts, so we couldn't kill him in the last 45 minutes of raid. It seems we'll be doing reset weeks at least until we've gotten the teleport past Gorefiend though.

Fight is so hectic as a breaker. Everyone else it's pretty much the same as heroic.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Guys, I'm torn.

Should I use my 100 boost on:

Gnome Mage
Undead Mage
Tauren Druid

I already have a 100 Paladin, 96 DK, 90+ Priest, Warrior, and Hunter, and 60+ Rogue and Shaman. Plan to make a NE Demon Hunter when I can.

The answer is clearly Gnome.

1841 quests later and the Vanilla zones are all down. On to Outland.

Here's my 63 Paladin thus far. I'm surprised at how decent some of the 50-60 gear looks.

z8XQTle.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Feralas is done, on to Felwood, Winterspring and then Outland. I don't ever really see myself doing this again, it's been good to clear the content, see it all, grind out the reps and get gold since I'm starting out on this server fresh but moving forward, I'll feel no guilt skipping by most of this in the dungeon queue with other toons.

I think once I get this Paladin to max level, complete the loremaster run and get its garrison up and running, I may simply use the level 100 boost on a Horde toon and boost up a Resto Shaman. Then I can funnel resources into new toons on either faction if I want. Plus I kinda just miss playing a Shaman.

i did something like this last year and had a blast. The other good thing about doing content like this in order is while you outlevel everything there comes a point where the gulf is so vast you can start soloing dungeons for story content as well. In my run i discovered this in WotLk when i was like high 80s in Grizzly Hills with the Drakuru questline.

Have you heard of the addon Storyline? Changes the questgiver dialog boxes to look like this:
4FxnpBi.png

Really good for questing story experience. Not so great for dailies though lol

Milennia

Well it was a tough decision to make but i have decided to move on from my current guild, its been a long night but i think the change will have been worth it in the long run.

Coming back home to Stormrage baby.

i did something like this last year and had a blast. The other good thing about doing content like this in order is while you outlevel everything there comes a point where the gulf is so vast you can start soloing dungeons for story content as well. In my run i discovered this in WotLk when i was like high 80s in Grizzly Hills with the Drakuru questline.

Have you heard of the addon Storyline? Changes the questgiver dialog boxes to look like this:
4FxnpBi.png

Thanks for this suggestion, couldn't sleep so I downloaded it off of Curse, installed it, and quickly messed around with it for a bit. Accepted a few quests in Honour Hold, seems super impressive. Waaaaaaaay better than the default experience.

strafer

4FxnpBi.png

This looks really cool. Will check out.

M.D

Blizz seriously has the best CS.

Now if they could only give me access to that Legion beta.. =p

I'm still not sure if I would return to playing or maybe wait for Legion, but I've already installed a ton of addons..
I should have made a list of addons back then, but I'm sure I've got most of the add-ons I used, and even some new ones. Setting up all these addons sucks tho

I will probably do some cata raids in the days I have left to get some gold so I could pay for more than 1 month with the gold, and maybe do LFR for the latest raid.. oh, and that Tanaan quest-line

Anything else I should be looking to do?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If fishing is my only mean to get Felblight outside the AH, does it come from any water in Tanaan, or is it only from pools?

I'm happy seeing all these Draenei males, maybe I'm just being selective but I feel like I've seen more draenei (esp males) since WoD launched. I really like them, their design both looks good and feels in original, which is hard to do in a fantasy type game. For awhile, alliance was like almost all humans & nelfs with not much room for variety, horde was the same with UD and orcs.

Pretty sure they were universally hated in TBC for marching around shattrath, laughing all the time.

Tarazet

If fishing is my only mean to get Felblight outside the AH, does it come from any water in Tanaan, or is it only from pools?

The drop rate on pools is much higher than fishing in open water. Stick to the northwest where there is regular water and not the toxic green goop near HFC that will eventually kill you.

The drop rate on pools is much higher than fishing in open water. Stick to the northwest where there is regular water and not the toxic green goop near HFC that will eventually kill you.

It doesn't drop in open water. Only pools. And only felmouth ones. If you get to the sea, there's sometimes other types, but those won't work.

Edwardo

So I kind of want to start playing WoW again.

I was at a friend's house the other day and his brother was talking up the game since he still plays. I started reminiscing about playing during vanilla, tbc, and wrath of the lich king. I saw the deal blizzard is doing for 75% off and I'm really considering buying Warlords of Draenor. I actually just checked my account and I somehow have Mists of Pandaria even tho I never bought it. Free upgrade maybe?

The last time I played was in 2011 when Cataclysm came out. I leveled a Worgen to 35 and haven't done anything since. I have a bunch of lvl 70-80 characters still though.

Has a ton of stuff changed since Wrath? I bought Cataclysm, but never saw any new content other than the Worgen starting area.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Well it was a tough decision to make but i have decided to move on from my current guild, its been a long night but i think the change will have been worth it in the long run.

Coming back home to Stormrage baby.

You were in Whatever Were Awesome, right?

Tacitus_

Has a ton of stuff changed since Wrath? I bought Cataclysm, but never saw any new content other than the Worgen starting area.

Yes and no. It's still the same game, but they've added a new class, reworked skills and talents. The talents will be the biggest change for you if you're coming back from Wrath.

ZenaxPure

Yes and no. It's still the same game, but they've added a new class, reworked skills and talents. The talents will be the biggest change for you if you're coming back from Wrath.

Depends on how detailed you want to get. Everything in the game has changed in some way since then, but, I'd agree in that the general feel of actually playing the game feels the same.

But I mean everything really has changed, talents, raid structure (this one has changed in some way every single expansion actually), stats (annoying stats like hit/expertise were removed, some new ones were added), armor swapping its primary stat based on what spec you are (so no more wasted plate pieces thanks to paladins), no more pvp stats and on top of that scaling item levels for gear that is used in both pvp and pve, cross-server play outside of dungeons, loads of new features added since then like transmog/pet battles/garrisons etc.

List goes on and on really, could pop off examples all day. Probably easier to ask about specific things than it is to ask how much the game has changed in general.

Edwardo

Ok cool. If I sub for a month, I can still play even though I don't have the latest expansion, right? I completely forget lol. I might just do that to see if i'm still feelin it.

Depends on how detailed you want to get. Everything in the game has changed in some way since then, but, I'd agree in that the general feel of actually playing the game feels the same.

But I mean everything really has changed, talents, raid structure (this one has changed in some way every single expansion actually), stats (annoying stats like hit/expertise were removed, some new ones were added), armor swapping its primary stat based on what spec you are (so no more wasted plate pieces thanks to paladins), no more pvp stats and on top of that scaling item levels for gear that is used in both pvp and pve, cross-server play outside of dungeons, loads of new features added since then like transmog/pet battles/garrisons etc.

List goes on and on really, could pop off examples all day. Probably easier to ask about specific things than it is to ask how much the game has changed in general.

Ya I figured there would be a lot of stuff. Thanks.

cdyhybrid

Would be pretty weird to not have the Lich King make an appearance if you have multiple classes going back to ICC to recover artifact weapons.

"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. Now leave...and NEVER RETURN."

"...wait hold on I need you to go farm some Boar Livers fo me..."

My vote goes to stupid. MMO or not the lich king storyline had the best closure we've ever had and welp, there it goes.

"hey yeah well i know we said the lich king was dead but now for one reason or another he's been informed of absolutely everything going on, and the knights of the ebon blade/archerus are totally cool with being under his control again. seeya"

Top Bottom