• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Edwardo

2Hand enhancement isn't just "not very good", it literally doesn't function. I don't think you can even lava lash without an offhand weapon. I'm not even positive you can even equip 2hand axes/maces on a shaman anymore, come to think of it.

Enhance is getting a bit of much-need work in Legion, but will still be dual-wield only. As mentioned, Frost DK will also be Dual-wield only (due to artifact) but for leveling to 100 you can be 2hand frost if you want and do just fine.

I just realized you can't even use Stormstrike with a two hander anymore. :(

The dream is dead.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, hopefully they will get around to that by the time Legion launches. Poor BC model guy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2NBNGqP.jpg

yay

YES! Do I have your permission to upload this on my twitter?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone with alpha that's gotten to mess with Enhancement? I just want to know what that new cleave/AOE ability Enhance got is and if it'll be something I can finally farm old dungeons/rep with easier instead of the nightmare that is 'flame shock wont spread because it one shots the mob'

Hixx

Shamans aren't available to play in the Alpha yet I think. Dunno if it's just certain specs or the whole class?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Shamans aren't available to play in the Alpha yet I think. Dunno if it's just certain specs or the whole class?

No shaman at all, they are the only class that is not playable at all right now.

Lomax

No shaman at all, they are the only class that is not playable at all right now.

Could be a good sign, they were the only class to get an almost universally negative response to the initial class reveal, maybe they are already reworking them.

Anoregon

Could be a good sign, they were the only class to get an almost universally negative response to the initial class reveal, maybe they are already reworking them.

I'm almost positive that's not the situation. It has more to do with if their artifacts and artifact acquistion quests are complete enough (or the zones they take place in being available.)

ZenaxPure

The new animations look pretty cool. Watching Asmongold playing fury. Whirlwind looks amazing. Even the damage numbers reacting to each hit is cool.

Yeah, it's a really minor thing but I like the changes they made to floating combat text. The damage numbers popping off near where your weapons strike the enemy look really cool. That + all these new animations has me really excited. Nice visuals for melee that isn't monk is long overdue.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded Legion alpha/beta build 20773. No new console variables as far as I can tell. And as I not yet have access to play, I cannot test the new variables, and I have not found any streamer interested in this sort of thing.

strafer

Rösti;187705875 said:
I downloaded Legion alpha/beta build 20773. No new console variables as far as I can tell. And as I not yet have access to play, I cannot test the new variables, and I have not found any streamer interested in this sort of thing.

Any new music?

You'd think they'd spruce the place up, but Acherus is literally copy-paste Acherus, as far as I can tell. Hopefully that changes or I'll be sad.

Yeah some classes definitely get shafted on their class halls, especially compared to something like... space asteroid demon bases or... crazy Valhalla sky halls.

Fularu

Banned
I just mean the entire process of reforging a soul-stealing runeblade designed by Ner'zhul to corrupt the wielder's mind and soul may be a bad idea.
<lorenerd>Ner'zhul didn't make Stormbringer... Err Frostmourne, the Nathrezim did, to trap Ner'zhul's soul and mind and to control him.</lorenerd>

so... the big draw for me as a tank in warlords was that equipment would serve dual purposes. I can switch to tank spec or dps spec and basically use the same gear, besides rings and trinkets. I think the artifact weapons are cool but the fact that i'll have to level up those things and not really have them as dual purpose for my DK bugs me. Have they talked about how you'll be able to keep items from a dps and tank standpoint relatively even?

strafer

Rösti;187706364 said:
Login screen still features the Warlords of Draenor theme.

Yeah, I figured, makes sense. I don't expect music to be put in or composed until at least the release build.

StMeph

<lorenerd>Ner'zhul didn't make Stormbringer... Err Frostmourne, the Nathrezim did, to trap Ner'zhul's soul and mind and to control him.</lorenerd>

You're right about Frostmourne being forged by the Nathrezim and it being a separate thing unrelated to Ner'zhul. I'd totally forgotten that until you mentioned it. But I thought the Frozen Throne itself was supposed to physically trap him, because he was already soul/mind-bound to the armor. He cast off the weapon and sent it out into Northrend to lure a champion who might be able to free him from his prison.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Paladin questline spoilers and I guess Shaman too sort of

Wouldn't it be great if fucking Thrall died too?

I went into this game thinking Shaman would be my favorite class, the one I stick with for the duration of my time playing the game, but it's just not what I thought it would be. And it's my fault for not researching the class more. There's things I love about it like the totems and various abilities like ghost wolf, feral spirit, spirit walk, and hex but it's not what I was hoping it would be. I was hoping for something that involves interacting with some kind of spirit world but instead it's a focus on elements. I feel like I'm playing a mage or something. I suppose I could focus on the restoration branch but then I'd be limiting myself to just group settings and I wouldn't be able to solo decently. Ah well.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Melee abilities have a bunch of new animations and they look really cool. Warrior's charge especially looks awesome since it's no longer looks like you're just roller blading across the ground to get to your target.

But spellcasters have a lot of updated casting/spell animations as well...that they still shoot out of their hands.

I really hope I'm wrong, but it feels like the "it's still only alpha!" excuse is irrelevant, since they already updated the effects and animations for it...if they were gonna do casting through weapons it would either be incomplete or in already.

Just thought it would kind of make sense to cast drain life through the soul harvesting scythe, guess not.

ZenaxPure

What are you referring to exactly? I don't see anything special in this video re: speech, type, etc.

New dialogue box that shows up when some characters are talking (seems to mostly be used on characters that are not directly near you). If you watch a few minutes into the video it gets used a lot.

Peachpies

Melee abilities have a bunch of new animations and they look really cool. Warrior's charge especially looks awesome since it's no longer looks like you're just roller blading across the ground to get to your target.

But spellcasters have a lot of updated casting/spell animations as well...that they still shoot out of their hands.

I really hope I'm wrong, but it feels like the "it's still only alpha!" excuse is irrelevant, since they already updated the effects and animations for it...if they were gonna do casting through weapons it would either be incomplete or in already.

Just thought it would kind of make sense to cast drain life through the soul harvesting scythe, guess not.
There is going to be new stuff for the casting animations too but probably not until the 7.1 type patch

Top Bottom