• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

i think after the verdict on garrisons came through on their end, they just wanted to waste as little time and resources on this expansion and get to the next one.

they needed to spend less time on Tanaan (raid zone only, maybe the random objective stuff as well), and make Farahlon the cool quest hub that sent you into Tanaan for some variety.

i think it was bad planning that they dedicated a whole unique zone to the leveling experience (though it was cool) and wasted time remaking the same zone they had already made. they didn't learn much from Cataclysm, it seems -- it was the same mistake except on a smaller scale

It definitely seems like they decided it would be throwing good money after bad with further patches for Warlords and sort of doubled down on Legion.

ZenaxPure

I wonder if they could've turned WoD around with another patch. Add Farahlon and another raid or two.

Depends on what you mean by turning around. Because honestly Warlords as of right now is significantly better than it was at launch. You can more or less take any avenue of gameplay you want for a character and get meaningful progression out of it. They've turned the expansion around about as much as they can while stuck in the constraints of the game. To truly turn things around they need the kind of new features and such that come with a new expansion.

Which brings me to my other point, it's kinda pointless. More patches wouldn't have turned the sub numbers around, so from that perspective it makes sense for them to not even fuck with it and just try to band-aid WoD was while working on the next expansion.

I guess by "turn things around" I mean provide people with a bit more content to play so the wait for Legion isn't as long and maybe engender some goodwill between now and then. But by now most people's minds have been made up, and the vast majority of those that were seriously dissatisfied have likely already unsubscribed or are just stewing on reddit and the official forums. They probably did a cost/benefit analysis and just figured the most gains could be made by concentrating on Legion. The systems in Legion look amazing. Fucking amazing.

As soon as I am done with this loremaster/leveling run with this Draenei Paladin, I am re-leveling my Goblin Shaman on this new server. I wanna go deep into Legion's profession system with Engineering. I don't care if none of my friends on this server play Horde. I need a goblin engineer. I'm a peacock, I gotta fly. And fill the world with exploding sheep.

Alt DK finally got the Left Shark mission. Now all I'll be missing is the Int and Agi heirloom rings.

...and then I'll hardly have to look at the shipyard again.

Magnus

I came back like 3 weeks ago for like 30-40 mins a day. Ground out what I needed for 4/5 parts of the Draenor Pathfinder AP so that I can fuckin' fly. And then that Tanaan rep grind just stared me in the face. Ain't nobody got time for that. Dumped all my cash into Medallions. Best decision ever. Fuck rep grinds. Fuck them.

I'm so happy. Flying. Yay.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I came back like 3 weeks ago for like 30-40 mins a day. Ground out what I needed for 4/5 parts of the Draenor Pathfinder AP so that I can fuckin' fly. And then that Tanaan rep grind just stared me in the face. Ain't nobody got time for that. Dumped all my cash into Medallions. Best decision ever. Fuck rep grinds. Fuck them.

I'm so happy. Flying. Yay.
Now you can fly around to do...?

Just when I was sort of starting to like Outland's Nagrand, I took the Clefthoof Mastery Quest to kill Banthar, the elusive giant fucking mammoth thing that never spawns.

Edwardo

So I'm talking to ppl in trade chat on one of my lower lvl characters about how classes/specs are nowadays since its been 4+ years since I've played. One guy messages me and starts talking about changes to the game, asking me what characters I have, etc. Then I join his party, he hooks me up with 15k gold and invites me to his guild. Brings me to the heirloom vendor next and tells me to buy heirlooms for my warlock since they're op.

I really have no intention of playing on the server this character is on. I'm most likely going to transfer to my buddy's server once I figure out what I want to play.

I feel like 15k is a lot of gold to just take from someone and bail even if it's a gift.

Edwardo

but still i mean if you knew you were going to transfer off why did you not stop him to begin with instead of zomg free stuff that guy is such a gullible sob.

Because at the time I was thinking of just lvling the character he gave it to me on.

If I can't complete Nagrand Slam because of this apparantly glitched out quest where a piece of trash mob I will kill in 2 or 3 hits won't spawn, it's going to sink my loremaster play-through.

ampere

If I can't complete Nagrand Slam because of this apparantly glitched out quest where a piece of trash mob I will kill in 2 or 3 hits won't spawn, it's going to sink my loremaster play-through.

Twilight Ridge?

It's dumb, but take off your gear and get res sickness, or get a lowbie buddy to help.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Clefthoof_Mastery_(3)

Banthar doesn't spawn. I've been roaming the south western area of Nagrand off and on for a few hours now. I've tried abandoning and re-accepting the quest. Looking on WoWhead to find spawn coordinates and travel paths. Camping and patrolling those. Tried logging in and out near Clefthoof herds it's supposed to spawn near. I've tried killing the herds it's supposed to spawn with to reset the spawn timer. I've tried patrolling the areas beyond what's marked on the map where additional herds of Clefthoof roam. I haven't seen it once dead or alive. Banthar not spawning appears to be a problem for various players on and off for years. The few NPC finder add-ons--_NPCScan and Silverdragon--no longer seem to work because of changes implemented in Warlords of Draenor. It's bringing my progress with the Nesingwary Safari to a halt.

If I wasn't going for the Loremaster achievement I would've abandoned the quest a few hours ago and moved on. It's just frustrating because it's such a nothing quest and will take no time to complete...if it ever spawns.

I'm going to try at 3 in the morning when the servers soft-reset for the dailies and what-not to see if that makes a difference.

W640Aby.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder when they'll patch SoO to make it soloable when Legion hits. Still can't do anything with Galakras no matter how much gear you have.

And I need some LFR SoO gear for one of my alts.

Got some decent parses tonight. We really should have had Gorefiend down again before the night was out, but it turns out our prot paladin was glyphed wrong or something and that was fucking up breaking people out. It's interesting because it's like the only fight where I can do 100k+ and still be in the gray area of sub-25 percentile. Usually top the meters though.

Godan

Well logged in today to find my wow account was hacked but seemed to only take everything from my one main toon. Contacted support and within half an hour everything was restored again :)

Can only think who ever had access to this had it years ago as when i first tryed the game out for only a month like in 2010 when i went back to it last year that my only toon on my account had everything missing but i didnt really think much of it as it was so long from when i last logged in.

Anyway glad its all sorted now and blizzard support it pretty awesome for sorting that out so quick for me.

Seems like I wasn't the only betting on the server roll-over potentially spawning Banthar, there was another group of players endlessly circling the same route after 15 minutes. No Banthar, alive or dead was seen after nearly another hour. I submitted a bug report and may submit a support ticket as well if I can't get the Nagrand Slam zone questing achievement and am shut out of the Loremaster for Outland and overall Loremaster. I've got two questing hubs hubs left other than Nesingwary's busted-ass Safari.

If Blizzard CS somehow doesn't come through after the ticket I guess I'll log-in to my Goblin Shaman on Dalaran, back-track to Outland from Northrend and try to get the Nagrand Slam zone questing achievement on it since achievement progress is account-wide. I would make a bee-line for Nesingwary's Safari and try to complete the Clefthoof Mastery questline first to see if I encounter the exact same issue on Dalaran as I am on Kilrogg. I don't want to waste a bunch of time questing in Outland's Nagrand again only to hit the exact same progression blocker.

strafer

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Clefthoof_Mastery_(3)

Banthar doesn't spawn. I've been roaming the south western area of Nagrand off and on for a few hours now. I've tried abandoning and re-accepting the quest. Looking on WoWhead to find spawn coordinates and travel paths. Camping and patrolling those. Tried logging in and out near Clefthoof herds it's supposed to spawn near. I've tried killing the herds it's supposed to spawn with to reset the spawn timer. I've tried patrolling the areas beyond what's marked on the map where additional herds of Clefthoof roam. I haven't seen it once dead or alive. Banthar not spawning appears to be a problem for various players on and off for years. The few NPC finder add-ons--_NPCScan and Silverdragon--no longer seem to work because of changes implemented in Warlords of Draenor. It's bringing my progress with the Nesingwary Safari to a halt.

If I wasn't going for the Loremaster achievement I would've abandoned the quest a few hours ago and moved on. It's just frustrating because it's such a nothing quest and will take no time to complete...if it ever spawns.

I'm going to try at 3 in the morning when the servers soft-reset for the dailies and what-not to see if that makes a difference.

W640Aby.jpg

Are those quests still Group quests?

I remember you needed 5 guys for the big dude Durn that walks around.

Been a long time since I quested in Nagrand

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Seems like I wasn't the only betting on the server roll-over potentially spawning Banthar, there was another group of players endlessly circling the same route after 15 minutes. No Banthar, alive or dead was seen after nearly another hour. I submitted a bug report and may submit a support ticket as well if I can't get the Nagrand Slam zone questing achievement and am shut out of the Loremaster for Outland and overall Loremaster. I've got two questing hubs hubs left other than Nesingwary's busted-ass Safari.

If Blizzard CS somehow doesn't come through after the ticket I guess I'll log-in to my Goblin Shaman on Dalaran, back-track to Outland from Northrend and try to get the Nagrand Slam zone questing achievement on it since achievement progress is account-wide. I would make a bee-line for Nesingwary's Safari and try to complete the Clefthoof Mastery questline first to see if I encounter the exact same issue on Dalaran as I am on Kilrogg. I don't want to waste a bunch of time questing in Outland's Nagrand again only to hit the exact same progression blocker.

Cross realm hop? If you want PM me your info and ill invite you. Banthar is up on my server. im on Oceanic but i have other high levels on NA realms if you cant phase.

Are those quests still Group quests?

I remember you needed 5 guys for the big dude Durn that walks around.

Been a long time since I quested in Nagrand
Nope. Durn and (i think) all his brothers are now normal guys. He has about double the health of the clefthoofs surrounding him.

edit: added picture cause im bored waiting for work and they both crossed paths at same time. i imagine its not as epic when you just walk up to Durn and hit like 3 buttons and hes dead lol

M.D

My 7 days of game time ended yesterday. I have no idea if I want to subscribe or not.

Tanaan seems kinda hollow, there's not a lot to do other than killing rares and grinding rep for the flying achievement. I made some progress with items, got to ilvl 691 from 687, flipped and sold some items on the AH plus did some Cata raids and overall got from 90-91k to 106k gold, but I'm not sure I could make enough gold to pay for tokens every month with the insane prices on EU.

My guild killed HC Archimonde in the past week, but I doubt they'll do Mythic or get far with it (don't mean that in a bad way, that's just the way the guild is). I'm not sure if I even want to conitnue playing Hunter, it's still a very fun class but I wanted to try tanking before un-subbing, altough I have a feeling it would go terribly ;p

So, yeah.. not sure at all right now. I may sub/get a token for one month and do some stuff, see if I'm still having fun after a month, or just wait for Legion

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I now have only one PTR account, the one I used for Warlords of Draenor beta is gone. I don't know the signifance of this, but perhaps more alpha/beta invites are imminent.

Rösti;188010786 said:
I now have only one PTR account, the one I used for Warlords of Draenor beta is gone. I don't know the signifance of this, but perhaps more alpha/beta invites are imminent.

Yeah, I came here to see if other people were experiencing that as well. The same thing happened to me. My Mom said her account showed the Legion Alpha briefly a couple days ago, but when she tried to open it she got an error and it disappeared. Very weird stuff going on...

I find myself in Ulduar again. Turns out I didn't have the matching boots for the T8 transmog set. Bad news is they drop off Vezax, all the way at the end :/

And I decided I wanted the red recolor as well. Got two of the pieces so far, but I had to head out and haven't done the back half of the instance yet. Missed on shoulders and belt at least.

Of course I still need the mount, but I haven't felt the urge to farm much of anything lately.

Rösti;188010786 said:
I'm surprised your account for the WoD beta still showed. They removed mine shortly after launch.

Realm: Dalaran. First thing I saw...

Cross realm hop? If you want PM me your info and ill invite you. Banthar is up on my server. im on Oceanic but i have other high levels on NA realms if you cant phase.

Nope. Durn and (i think) all his brothers are now normal guys. He has about double the health of the clefthoofs surrounding him.

edit: added picture cause im bored waiting for work and they both crossed paths at same time. i imagine its not as epic when you just walk up to Durn and hit like 3 buttons and hes dead lol

Thank you for the offer but I am shelving that Draenei Pali for the moment. This Goblin Shaman is higher level and just as far in the Loremaster achievement run, it's just on a EST NA server.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any way to reset the garrison music? Even if I choose the default one from the jukebox, it keep replaying the same damn music every time, everywhere. No matter the building or if i'm at the shipyard. While on other characters, music changed depending on where i am, and isn't on a constant loop either.

phierce

Is there any way to reset the garrison music? Even if I choose the default one from the jukebox, it keep replaying the same damn music every time, everywhere. No matter the building or if i'm at the shipyard. While on other characters, music changed depending on where i am, and isn't on a constant loop either.
Just get the grizzly hills music and let it roll!

Few pulls on Fel Lord tonight. Shaping up a bit. One shot Gorefiend which was cool. 3 kills for most of us, but one guy has 4 kills, so we're going to the upper level straight away next week to get to Zakuun faster (besides kill Iskar and Socrethar). We've had less than like 40 minutes total on Zakuun so far. And then bottom floor like every third week.

Tacitus_

Make sure you drill your raiders to focus to the last second on Zakuun. Wiping on <10% because people were tunnelvisioning and forgot to do the Seeds properly sucks.

It's so good being back in Northrend, even if I am going to have to loop back to Outland to finish off Nagrand, Blade Fist Mountain, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley. Northrend just feels like it's where "modern" WoW sort of begins. Things are just less clunky, the game doesn't look dated anymore, the environments are fantastic, the soundtrack is amazing, and the questing is some of the best I've experienced in the game. There's been some really neat rewards for seeing quest chains through to the end.

The only expansion I haven't played any of is Mists. I'm really looking forward to digging into that for the first time. Panda's are pretty neat, really enjoyed their starting area. What I have played of Cata made me facepalm and generally dislike Thrall, or at least the direction they've taken him in.

strafer

It's so good being back in Northrend, even if I am going to have to loop back to Outland to finish off Nagrand, Blade Fist Mountain, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley. Northrend just feels like it's where "modern" WoW sort of begins. Things are just less clunky, the game doesn't look dated anymore, the environments are fantastic, the soundtrack is amazing, and the questing is some of the best I've experienced in the game. There's been some really neat rewards for seeing quest chains through to the end.

The only expansion I haven't played any of is Mists. I'm really looking forward to digging into that for the first time. Panda's are pretty neat, really enjoyed their starting area. What I have played of Cata made me facepalm and generally dislike Thrall, or at least the direction they've taken him in.

Dude....mists...you have some neat stuff ahead of you. Enjoy.

Music. Scenery. Everything is so beautiful.

They seem to have run out of Feldrakes on my server for the moment :(

I wanted one for cheap (100k or less). Maybe I should've just bought one when I had the chance. Oh well.

ampere

The whole game is cartoony anyway. Yea Mists was amazing, the dailies at the start didn't even bother me too too much since I just stopped doing them when I got the recipes I needed.

Magnus

Now you can fly around to do...?

I came back only a month ago - plenty left. Being able to zip around without being limited to ground speed is a god-send. And alt flying is huge. I just need to pony up the 5k for 280% speed I guess.

ZenaxPure

Mists is one of the best WoW expansions. Screw anyone who dismissed it for being cartoony or whatever.

Obligatory:

Also on the topic of going through MoP story content, they pumped out an unreal amount of max level story content during the expansion, all of it worth seeing imo. Though sadly a lot of it has been removed over time because how they structured it (can't do the legendary storyline anymore, can't do the Golden Lotus storyline anymore, and you can't do the 5.3 story quests anymore.)

None of it tied to loremaster obviously but all the daily hubs in MoP had storylines associated with them that unlocked overtime. Some of it was pretty crazy too, especially stuff like Tillers rep which introduced the concept of Friendship reps, there are half a dozen or so NPCs that you have personal friendship meters with that was increased by doing quests/collecting items they liked which in turn let you learn more about their backstory or personality. Really cool idea, wish they would revisit it again.

Lomax

Also on the topic of going through MoP story content, they pumped out an unreal amount of max level story content during the expansion, all of it worth seeing imo. Though sadly a lot of it has been removed over time because how they structured it (can't do the legendary storyline anymore, can't do the Golden Lotus storyline anymore, and you can't do the 5.3 story quests anymore.)

While I like the idea of evolving content, I really wish they would have used phasing to leave some of the original stuff in. When I was still locked at 90 I'd have loved the chance to see those storylines and it was confusing when stuff just ended with no explanation.

ZenaxPure

While I like the idea of evolving content, I really wish they would have used phasing to leave some of the original stuff in. When I was still locked at 90 I'd have loved the chance to see those storylines and it was confusing when stuff just ended with no explanation.

Oh for sure I agree, a lot of that stuff from MoP wasn't handled elegantly. Like the Golden Lotus storyline in particular is really weird because it helps set up the events of the Isle of Thunder (as you go around collecting Lei Shen's weapons and armor) but with it gone there is now a gap in the Lei Shen storyline. You go through all the events of Kun-Lai and then it skips straight to the Isle of Thunder, it's somewhat jarring.

It would be nice if they would have added a toggle to Vale of Eternal Blossoms like Dustwallow Marsh/Blasted Lands has where you can change the phase by just talking to a NPC.

Tenebrous

Mists is one of the best WoW expansions. Screw anyone who dismissed it for being cartoony or whatever.

MoP sits in the middle. Better than WoD & Cata, but I can't put it ahead of TBC... Maybe close to Wrath, but I gotta give Wrath the edge for Ulduar.

Top Bottom