• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

Blingtron mission popped on two characters today!

5Gs7uXD.gif

DarkKyo

I recently got Warlords because it was so cheap and I'm interested in Legion when it comes out.. now I have the level 90 character boost and I have no idea which of my old low characters I want to use it on. Hrm, what seems to be looking more interesting for Legion.. Death Knight, Monk, or Paladin?

cdyhybrid

I recently got Warlords because it was so cheap and I'm interested in Legion when it comes out.. now I have the level 90 character boost and I have no idea which of my old low characters I want to use it on. Hrm, what seems to be looking more interesting for Legion.. Death Knight, Monk, or Paladin?

Pick whichever one you want to play now. Legion probably isn't coming out until the end of summer.

ZenaxPure

MoP is my favorite all-time expansion and Pandas are rad

YEAH HIGH FIVES

Though for real, expansion rankings is one of the dumbest things ever. I mean it's all subjective anyway, but everyone has different experiences with a MMO which greatly effects your enjoyment. Like for example TBC was by and far my least favorite expansion before WoD came around but I approached that as someone who played literally thousands of hours of vanilla. TBC dungeons were dumbed down on rails experiences compared to level 60 dungeons and the raids felt really underwhelming compared to Naxx 40 because the lowered player count and rise of hybrid specs meant they couldn't design fights like they did in vanilla, and ofc Hyjal sucked regardless of any of those changes.

But on the other hand if that was your first introduction to the game I can easily see why you would like it. It was all well made for the time and what they were going for, I just never liked what they were trying to do personally. I greatly missed dungeons being a part of the game experience outside of simple gear drops with stuff like libram mats, only being able to craft some items while in specific dungeons/raids, and the dungeon set 2 quest chains. So TBC having none of that really soured me.

cdyhybrid

I cannot get a Fossil dig site to pop to save my life. Solved like 8 NE sites already and I still have 4 NE sites.

I have until then to get to 100 then, I just want to know what seems to be worth it past that :p

We don't really know yet. Talents and abilities will get overhauled multiple times between now and release.

Tacitus_

Hmm.. the base game is now 5€. Kinda want to do it for the mount and level boosting.

E:

Correct. The game time granted from the WoW Token counts towards the Recruit a Friend subscription reward requirements. Keep in mind that it is still subject to the 7 day waiting period once the game time has been applied.

oh shiiiiieeet

Tacitus_

Hmmm...me too! I'll probably do it for sure.

How does that RAF level boosting work exactly?

Experience and Reputation Boost

Linked players gain triple experience from kills and quests, and 10% bonus reputation from kills that grant reputation. To receive bonus experience and reputation, you must meet the following criteria:

Both characters must be in the same party and within 100 yards of each other.
Characters must be within 4 levels of each other and below level 90.
Monsters and quests cannot be gray difficulty (trivial) for either character.

Level Granting

For every two levels your recruit gains while the accounts are linked, they can grant one level to one of your characters. Your friend must log in to the character with grantable levels, right-click on your character's portrait, and select Grant A Level. The Grant A Level menu item will only appear when:

The characters are in a party on the same realm and faction.
The characters are within 100 yards of each other.
The character granting the level is higher level than the character receiving the level.
The character receiving the level is level 89 or lower.
The character receiving the level has not disabled experience gain.
Only levels earned through normal gameplay count for grantable levels. Levels earned through Character Boost do not apply.

ZenaxPure

I cannot get a Fossil dig site to pop to save my life. Solved like 8 NE sites already and I still have 4 NE sites.

Best way to farm old fragments imo is just solving Pandaria (Draenor might be okay now too) dig sites and then trading the solved crates for the fragment you want.

Unless you need a fossil dig site for a really specific reason that I am completely forgetting.

Tacitus_

Lessee, the sale is on until Jan 4th. So once my christmas break starts, I buy up to WoD for 20€, level up a bunch of characters to get the garrison train rolling AND abuse the tokens to get a free month for BOTH accounts

Correct. The game time granted from the WoW Token counts towards the Recruit a Friend subscription reward requirements. Keep in mind that it is still subject to the 7 day waiting period once the game time has been applied.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

cdyhybrid

Best way to farm old fragments imo is just solving Pandaria (Draenor might be okay now too) dig sites and then trading the solved crates for the fragment you want.

Unless you need a fossil dig site for a really specific reason that I am completely forgetting.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Was hoping I could get one to pop since I was already in the area, but I gave up :p

Magnus

Is there any purpose to WoW guest passes I've accumulated over the years from various boxes/CEs? I have like....12. They allow someone to play for free up to level 20 on a guest account...but isn't that free to all now anyway?

I have a bunch of similar guest passes for Starcraft II and Diablo III too if anyone wants 'em....so many CEs! lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is there any purpose to WoW guest passes I've accumulated over the years from various boxes/CEs? I have like....12. They allow someone to play for free up to level 20 on a guest account...but isn't that free to all now anyway?

I have a bunch of similar guest passes for Starcraft II and Diablo III too if anyone wants 'em....so many CEs! lol

i'd say its just a marketing gimmick. you hand it to someone and they follow instructions -- they otherwise may not have done so without some sort of message telling them to

Tacitus_

i'd say its just a marketing gimmick. you hand it to someone and they follow instructions -- they otherwise may not have done so without some sort of message telling them to

They were introduced before they came up with trial accounts. The ones for SC2 were kinda funny as IIRC it only allowed you to play terran in multiplayer for a week or two.

Did all of Mythic BRF in an Openraid PUG this afternoon. Got my Ironbane and Savage Hero titles. Unfortunately, no Maidens trinket dropped, which is what I was really after. Rolled a 3 on the mount
laugh.gif

Hopefully I'll have some luck next week. But this dumb trinket is Rune of Re-Origination all over again, being BiS a tier after.

phierce

Did all of Mythic BRF in an Openraid PUG this afternoon. Got my Ironbane and Savage Hero titles. Unfortunately, no Maidens trinket dropped, which is what I was really after. Rolled a 3 on the mount
laugh.gif

Hopefully I'll have some luck next week. But this dumb trinket is Rune of Re-Origination all over again, being BiS a tier after.
Savage Hero is for heroic kills...? You didn't kill heroic Imp/Blackhand current? Slacker! lol

Savage Hero is for heroic kills...? You didn't kill heroic Imp/Blackhand current? Slacker! lol

Blackhand current I didn't do. Was AotC on Imperator. Skipped all of BRF. Could've probably paid for a kill for a short window there before 6.2 but whatever. I actually have no heroic BRF kills. It's all Mythic or LFR.

Anyway, dragged some people along to kill Kargath for my 8th Mythic Highmaul kill, so that should trigger my BRF cache to be Mythic now. Pray I get trinket out of that each week if Maidens won't drop it.

I resubbed a few weeks ago to get use the anniversary buff to level some alts. Now that most of my characters are 80-90 I'm working on getting flight for Draenor and man this is going to take a while. I had most of the achievement done before I quit back in January last year so all I have to do is the Tanaan rep grind.

Tanaan has to be some of the worst end game stuff in WoW I've done. It's boring and each objective feels the same. My server is dominated by Horde (I'm Alliance) so I have to search for rares during non-peak hours to get the fel fragments for the dailies. I really hope end game is better in Legion.

E: Question: How long does it take to grind out Saberstalker rep? I haven't touched it but I read I can kill stuff to get rep so I figured I'd save that for last.

If you have the gold, just buy Medallion of the Legion and save yourself the arse-ache.
I'm tempted. After some calculation I'll have flying in 5 more days so I might just buy a few tokens to cap off near the end.
You can do Saberstalker rep in a few hours if you have a good group and can chain pull.

Saberstalker seems to be a popular group in the quest group finder so hopefully I find a good group in the next few days. I don't really want to start a group on my realm where we will probably be camped by Horde.

cdyhybrid

Warrior is 100 now...Shaman will get the double EXP elixir treatment next (he's 94) and then my last class to level will be my level 60 Druid. After that I'll have every class at 100 and be ready for Legion!

Will it be worthwhile to level up a garrison, shipyard, and go through Tanaan to gear up, or will Legion just make that progress pointless? Should I concentrate on speed leveling leveling alts up to 100 instead as soon as I hit 100 with my current main.

Does a new expansion render all of my old gear obsolete?

M.D

Can the Celebration Package exp item from the 11th anniversary be used multiple times or is it for a single time?

Tacitus_

Will it be worthwhile to level up a garrison, shipyard, and go through Tanaan to gear up, or will Legion just make that progress pointless? Should I concentrate on speed leveling leveling alts up to 100 instead as soon as I hit 100 with my current main.

Does a new expansion render all of my old gear obsolete?

Legion will make gear progress obsolete, yes. Though I'd recommend at least getting some gear on your main character.

Nere

Mists is one of the best WoW expansions. Screw anyone who dismissed it for being cartoony or whatever.

MoP is a good expansion but I never really liked it because of the zones, I find the MoP zones to be some of the worst from WoW. Also while the lore isn't bad it doesn't feel warcraftish I don't know I always felt there was something missing from MoP that kept me from loving it like wrath or tbc. I am talking about the base expansion here btw because the patches were huge improvements especially 5.2 with the thunder isle.

Got the Int Heirloom ring mission on my alt DK. Up to 98%, max it can go just about without area buffs. Better not fail or I'll
rage.gif

Just need the Agi one to pop up now.

Edwardo

I figured I should at least try out the Pandaren starting area, so I made a monk last night. Gonna level it a bit and see how I like it.

There's only two days left on my trial, so I'm running out to time to figure out what I want to keep playing as once I subscribe. Tbh, I'm now considering playing a healer. That way I don't have to worry about one being there. I figure i'll get groups for whatever pretty easily as well.

Man, coming back after a year away has made me realize how much I dislike the worgen 2h animations. The awkward stance and the weird somersault just look so clumsy. I really like playing my DK so I'm hoping these animations get some love in Legion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, coming back after a year away has made me realize how much I dislike the worgen 2h animations. The awkward stance and the weird somersault just look so clumsy. I really like playing my DK so I'm hoping these animations get some love in Legion.

All melee animations are updated in Legion.

Tenebrous

Still need 10k HKs. Funding level 10s with greens & enchants on my server (EU/Horde) to farm lowbie BGs with me. Enchant your own BoAs, though!

Glix

Hey guys. I dabbled in Wow for a few months after WoTLK, but for the most part I am a noob. I subbed on Saturday as I want to start playing with a buddy of mine.

I created my dude (gob shaman) and got right to work. I finished the intro stuff and I'm in Ogrimmar doing quests. I'm level 16. Healing specialization.

My buddy who I'm going to play with will take care of me (loot, groups, etc) but I'm just looking for some general advice here.

I haven't really done ANYTHING besides go around, take on quests, and equip the gear I get as rewards. I have not bought anything from a merchant, I have not gotten a job (like mining or whatever), I have not crafted anything, basically I just run around and do quests.

Two major questions:

What are the things I should go do asap? Are there particular things? Or just keep grinding? I know Raids need a group, and I assume Dungeons do too? Or can I solo them? In games like this I do like to craft and fish and stuff like that.

Second question - I got a level 90 boost for buying WoD. I feel like I shouldn't use it yet because this low level exp will help me get used to my skills and will help me earn faction rep. I feel like I should wait until later, or wait and use it on a different toon if I get tired of this one at any point.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Wowgaf!

Tenebrous

You shouldn't do anything ASAP. Just play the game at your own pace, and do what you enjoy the most.

And yes, I'd recommend saving the 90 boost until you've got a character (your Shaman) until 90ish, otherwise you're skipping a huge amount of content.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd say just keep focusing on questing and doing dungeons for now. You lvl so fast that crafting isn't worth the time, as you won't find enough mats during your lvling process to get much done. Once you're lvl 100, you can do that if you want.

Yes you can solo dungeons and raids... but only after you outgear them by 15-20 or so lvls.

Glix

Okay cool! Thanks guys I wanted to make sure I wasn't making any terrible mistakes, lol!

The only thing I remember from my previous foray into this world I that I really enjoyed getting high (IRL) and then chilling and fishing with the Walrus people.

iirate

I finally got my last shipyard ring(Str), and I'm 10 missions away from 1000 on my main. I'll keep doing missions on her until she has the achiev for all rare missions complete(she needs the agi and str ring missions), but then I'll be done with the shipyard.

Top Bottom