• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

They have to admit the human racial is a problem first. Which they haven't.

Will there be any changes at all to Racials in Legion. Or happy with how they turned out after changes in WoD?
Overall they're pretty solid, but we'll tweak them as needed for Legion. (1/2) (WarcraftDevs)
The Human racials in particular may need to change, to account for the new PvP systems. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)

Gotta love some Blizz fans, so quick to assume without even bothering to spend 3 minutes reading up on what they are complaining about.

They sort of have.

(Unless they mean Diplomacy)

That's an about face from Blizzcon.

Will there be any changes at all to Racials in Legion. Or happy with how they turned out after changes in WoD?
Overall they're pretty solid, but we'll tweak them as needed for Legion. (1/2) (WarcraftDevs)
The Human racials in particular may need to change, to account for the new PvP systems. (2/2) (WarcraftDevs)

Gotta love some Blizz fans, so quick to assume without even bothering to spend 3 minutes reading up on what they are complaining about.

These passive/aggressive drive-by posts of yours are becoming a habit. You didn't even bother responding the last time, I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

That's an about face from Blizzcon.

These passive/aggressive drive-by posts of yours are becoming a habit. You didn't even bother responding the last time, I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

And your post I just responded to wasn't passive aggressive? I'm just saying, it seems super easy for you to jump on hating blizz or whatever topic without even looking into what you're saying, much like your avatar being a spoiler while you're complaining about other people spoiling stuff.

Too be honest, I didn't even realize you were the same person because you changed your avatar.

cdyhybrid

To be fair, they said they weren't changing racials just a few weeks ago at Blizzcon, and that had a much larger audience than a one-off tweet.

To be fair, they said they weren't changing racials just a few weeks ago at Blizzcon, and that had a much larger audience than a one-off tweet.

This. I believe it was Ion Hazzikostas who said it too.

And your post I just responded to wasn't passive aggressive? I'm just saying, it seems super easy for you to jump on hating blizz or whatever topic without even looking into what you're saying, much like your avatar being a spoiler while you're complaining about other people spoiling stuff.

Too be honest, I didn't even realize you were the same person because you changed your avatar.

I didn't complain about spoilers, I asked if spoilers were going to be openly posted in the thread. The other avatar you believe was a spoiler was openly posted in this thread by someone else. Hence the question you derided me for.

Robin64 shared the exact same information you did just now, minus the condescension, which is much more conducive to having a decent conversation. Or continue being snide, I don't really care. This is a problem with a simple solution.

ampere

I mean, PvP trinket is a talent that every class gets access to so EMFH is going to obviously be changed.

The point is, it doesn't really matter. The damage done to faction balance was very severe and won't be undone by making humans not OP. They'd have to super buff horde racials to get people to transfer back and that would just make the problem tip the other way. I just wish they'd ax combat racials altogether and move forward with races being an aesthetic only. Better for the game overall

cdyhybrid

I mean, PvP trinket is a talent that every class gets access to so EMFH is going to obviously be changed.

The point is, it doesn't really matter. The damage done to faction balance was very severe and won't be undone by making humans not OP. They'd have to super buff horde racials to get people to transfer back and that would just make the problem tip the other way. I just wish they'd ax combat racials altogether and move forward with races being an aesthetic only. Better for the game overall
They could offer a free race change.

I mean, if they weren't Activision.

ampere

Free?? lol

I was pretty impressed when they added face changes to the barber shop, that was a good gesture to players with the model updates. But yea unfortunately I am sure the business side of the company loves the race change money way too much

Tenebrous

Hopefully they do a discount period again. I've been Orc Female for years now... Hell, my Warrior has been 6 or 7 race/gender combos over the years.

Edwardo

Finished the Pandaren starting area and joined the Alliance. Pretty cool.

I feel like this class might be something I level up to get used to it instead of using a boost on it. Maybe i'll boost a class that's a bit more familiar.

Daniel R

Decided to check how much gold I can get from shipyards in a day without any kind of dream team building. After checking 15 chars this morning I got 5.5 k gold so far, with some more gold to collect in the evening.

Time to build shipyards on the rest of my characters I suppose.

Edit: Total gold in one day from 16 shipyards, 8 k+ gold.

ampere

Human Racial change for Legion:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043465491#1

In the next version of the Legion Alpha, we’re adjusting the Human racial ‘Every Man for Himself’ to only remove stun effects. The racial will share a 30 second cooldown with other similar effects.

Due to the changes to PvP gear and the introduction of PvP talents in Legion, the Warlords of Draenor implementation of Every Man For Himself no longer makes sense. So instead, we’re trying out an implementation that functions similar to Will of the Forsaken. It will only break Stun effects, but won’t trigger the full 2-minute cooldown on your Gladiator’s Medallion ability (which is the Legion version of the current Medallion trinkets).

As always, this change isn’t final, and we’re looking for feedback from testers once they’ve had some time with it. Please feel free to share your initial thoughts on this here, and for Alpha testers, take your feedback to the Alpha general discussion forum.

An extra stun break is still pretty good for a racial

cdyhybrid

I dunno. Just a stun break on shared CD is actually comparable to fear break on shared cd, aoe stun and aoe silence. Probably not mass exodus worthy change but...
Yeah that's mainly what I mean. Not worth paying $25 to race change. Might even back out over time as people make new characters though.

Ullus

Having a really hard time transmoging my goblin hunter, this is what I have right now. Any ideas?

2015-12-090230346dpbx.png

Tenebrous

A race change would be a good start.

Finished the Night Elf Nemesis quest, but now I can't change... Waiting for a GM response, but the estimated time just keeps going up and up.

JSoup

Banned
Having a really hard time transmoging my goblin hunter, this is what I have right now. Any ideas?

Depends on what you're looking for. For Goblins, I particularly like Bear-Strength Harness and any item that shares it's model. It sizes a bit wrong on Goblin females and make the breasts really stand out. I know that sounds weird, but it's a strange enough look that I have several of the model pieces.

Wow, I can group with friends that are on different servers for battlegrounds and dungeons now? That's crazy.

Also raids. Though usually the highest tier (mythic) of current content is locked per server, though as of the last patch they removed this restriction for Hellfire Citadel, along with the introduction of the valor item upgrades. All old content is cross-server though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm Horde, but Night Elves look much better as Demon Hunters.

so they should just give me Orc Demon Hunters to compensate

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm Horde, but Night Elves look much better as Demon Hunters.

so they should just give me Orc Demon Hunters to compensate

Or Undead. Or Troll. I really wanted to be an Undead DH and was pretty bummed when I saw they are stupid elf only. It will begrudgingly be my first Blood Elf character.

Top Bottom