• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

qAtNdqt.png

:D

Grats, Dragon Soul is the worst

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last one I need, but I just can't be bothered clearing DS, even if the gold is good.

Grats, Dragon Soul is the worst

Blizzard really needs to add a "Skip dialogue" options at the top of the Dragonblight temple. There is way too much NPCs talking there.

That and speed up the flying boat fight. Again, too much time wasted waiting for adds to show up.

Oh, and also improve the spawn rate of those little blobs for the Deathwing's back fight. Also, get rid of the 30 secs stun from those tentacles. Shit sucks when i'm 2 manning this raid with my gf and we're both stunned at the same time.

TLDR : Too much time wasted in this raid.

Tenebrous

To be honest, Madness aside, I think DS is a decent enough raid. I'm just sick of the sight of it... Cata's first tier (T11) is still great, though.

Shahadan

The last cata raid is a travesty. I'm still salty we didn't get a well of eternity/war of the ancients raid as was planned.

The Well of eternity being demoted as a short dungeon is the biggest travesty in all of WoW. What in the actual fuck.
Also ending an xpac called Cataclysm with the original one made too much sense so of course we didn't get it.

Dragon Soul sucks balls and it feels everywhere that they clumsily scrambled a replacement for something bigger that was cut. Even the trailer was a joke :lol:

I only forgive them because they were busy creating Pandaria, aka the best place ever.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The last cata raid is a travesty. I'm still salty we didn't get a well of eternity/war of the ancients raid as was planned.

The Well of eternity being demoted as a short dungeon is the biggest travesty in all of WoW. What in the actual fuck.
Also ending an xpac called Cataclysm with the original one made too much sense so of course we didn't get it.

Dragon Soul sucks balls and it feels everywhere that they clumsily scrambled a replacement for something bigger that was cut. Even the trailer was a joke :lol:

I only forgive them because they were busy creating Pandaria, aka the best place ever.

Still annoyed we don't know what happened to Neptulon...

"We didn't want to re-use assets"

cue all of Dragon Soul being re-used assets.

Shahadan

Even worse than that, Neptulon and the abyssal maw raid were replaced by the two re-used troll dungeons, lol

At least we can still get it at some point like in an Azshara xpac.

CassSept

Ah, the well of eternity, the source of all magic on Azeroth, a fount of unspeakable energies, the power that transformed primitive trolls into intelligent night elves, upon banks of which their civilization thrived, destruction of which created maelstrom visible from space, easily the most striking feature of Azeroth.

Well_of_Eternity_-_Well_of_Eternity_2.jpg

...oh

StMeph

That and speed up the flying boat fight. Again, too much time wasted waiting for adds to show up.

Oh, and also improve the spawn rate of those little blobs for the Deathwing's back fight. Also, get rid of the 30 secs stun from those tentacles. Shit sucks when i'm 2 manning this raid with my gf and we're both stunned at the same time.

Why are you asking them to re-tune old raids for people way over-level? That makes no sense.

ZenaxPure

The thing that actually bugged me the most about re-using assets in Dragon Soul wasn't even the raid taking place in known locations. I found it more annoying all the bosses save Death Wing were just stock enemies: Rock Man, Tentacle Man #1, Tentacle Man #2, Orc Lady, Purple Dragon, Tauren Man. One of my favorite parts of a new raid tier is seeing cool new enemies and Dragon Soul had jack shit on that front.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
In the most recent build (20796 I believe) of Legion alpha a few console variables dealing with physics were added. Some of them feature help text, most do not:

physDrawJoints
physDrawFixtures
physDrawContacts
physDrawBroadphase,
physDrawCenterOfMass
physDrawTransparent
physDrawStats

physEnableVegOverrides

Toggles physics vegetation cvars for tuning vegetation physics simulation etc.

physVegPosMaxPush

Maximum distance in yards a bone can be pushed from its base position before beging clamped

physVegPosPushAmt

Distance per frame in yards the bone is pushed while a unit moves along the push direction, scaled by delta time

physVegPosRelaxSpeed

Speed at which the bone will return to rest once once the unit leaves the volume, or crosses the max push threshold.

physVegVelMaxPush

Max distance the bone can be pushed additionally when a unit has velocity while moving in the veg, pushed along the units vel direction.

physVegVelSpeed

Speed at which the bone moves along the velocity direction when a unit has move while within the veg.

physVegMinPushDist

Squared distance the unit must be within from the bone to begin pushing it.

physCreateForceField
I don't know value interval of these and as I currently have no acess to play the alpha I cannot test these greatly (the login screen doesn't respond to any of the mentioned cvars, as far as I can tell).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why are you asking them to re-tune old raids for people way over-level? That makes no sense.

Because they already did in the past? And because most other old raid bosses you can just ignore all mechanism and focus the boss and kill him in a matter of secs? Why should this particular raid get these long waits between adds that were made this way because they didn't die in one second back then? Standing there doing nothing multiple times in the same fight because there is nothing to do is fun for you?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I thought they patched that a while ago so you will always get 1handers if your loot spec is set to frost. I guess not?

phierce

So, I RAF'd myself yesterday and started messing around with two-boxing. I used to play 3-5 toons back in EQ days when shit was on farm and figured this will help pass the time until Legion, and yield a mount and a lot more gold printing garrisons.

The xp is crazy with heirlooms and the RAF bonus. Figure I'll be bored again with way too many toons in a month lol.

Anyway, any of you guys who multi-box have any recommendations for addons? I have no desire to pay for ISBoxer or any of the paid shit, and I've read up at dual-boxing.com, but just figured I'd ask here. Jamba is supposedly good?...any info?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Curious if the pre-launch event will be at the same time Demon Hunters unlock for pre-order early accesses

It's only a week ahead of release for the DH access, right?

ZenaxPure

Curious if the pre-launch event will be at the same time Demon Hunters unlock for pre-order early accesses

Pre-launch event will no doubt be tied to 7.0 which will probably be out a month or so before Legion like they usually do.

I think the main purpose of the head start on Demon Hunters is so you can be level 100 and have all your stuff sorted out (UI, bags, etc.) when the expansion actually goes live.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

They said at least a week.

I'm guessing it's all legal jargon for worst case scenario. 7.0.2 will probably come out about a month before 7.0.3, giving us the intro 40 man scenario and Demon hunters and all that jazz.

Tamanon

Banned
I am super ready to play a Demon Hunter. Hammering out what my third class(healer) will be, but I'll be rolling in with my Frost DK, Demon Hunter, and whatever I choose. Thinking Priest.

ampere

Ah, the well of eternity, the source of all magic on Azeroth, a fount of unspeakable energies, the power that transformed primitive trolls into intelligent night elves, upon banks of which their civilization thrived, destruction of which created maelstrom visible from space, easily the most striking feature of Azeroth.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/9/9e/Well_of_Eternity_-_Well_of_Eternity_2.jpg[img]

...oh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fortunately they put the iconic stuff into 5 mans right!!

Dragon Soul is one of the few raids I legitimately think is total trash tier and a disgrace. It has no "soul", so much boring unskippable RP, unmemorable bosses...

[quote="Tenebrous, post: 188590235"]500 times for 20k? I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

If you have 5 people in a party with the quest you get 5x credit per kill (provided they have not finished the quest yet).

And if you have a resser for the toon being farmed the 2 minute res timers don't apply.

Get the [URL="http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/premade-group-finder"]Premade Group Finder addon[/URL] and set filters for "nemesis" or "racename" you need. People do farm groups on alts sometimes for free and want other to help them get the 5x credit.

Tenebrous

If you have 5 people in a party with the quest you get 5x credit per kill (provided they have not finished the quest yet).

And if you have a resser for the toon being farmed the 2 minute res timers don't apply.

Get the Premade Group Finder addon and set filters for "nemesis" or "racename" you need. People do farm groups on alts sometimes for free and want other to help them get the 5x credit.

Ahhh, gotchya. Thanks!

ZenaxPure

Ashran gets a lot of hate, but honestly, I kinda like it... I did just start doing it last week, though.

It's a much better zone now than it was at launch, or the numerous times they made it worse the months following launch. You have a chance of actually seeing PVP take place in there now which used to not be the case.

I don't really mind it that much myself, I actually enjoy the events themselves, the main battle is still incredibly stupid though.

Also if you don't want to do Ashran and have excess gold you could just buy some Champion token things that give 1k honor/1k conquest. They are usually pretty cheap on my server at least. I got most of my alts some weapons through that.

ZenaxPure

It was essentially a PVE zone before 6.2. You could queue for it in a raid which meant people would just use the LFG tool and go to a server where their faction was dominating. There is built in faction balance but it means nothing when you have 40+ of one faction inside and people on the other side would go in, see they are being destroyed, then immediately zone out.

And that's not really an exaggeration either, in season 1 I farmed enough conquest exclusively in Ashran to get my paladin his entire armor set + 2h sword and by the end I had something like 1500 HKs according to the Garrison Monument achievement.

Not complaining though, I made hundreds of thousands of gold in there farming AH parts from the rare spawns.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The only thing i remember from early Ashran was how easy it was to get geared out. i mean its still easy but at first it was like full reward amount each time you killed Trem/Vol.

I want my BRF cache to pop so bad for a chance at that sweet, sweet Vial. Should be up sometime tomorrow or Friday, but I'm getting impatient waiting :p

Zakuun should die this week. Possibly Tyrant or Xhul as well. Looking forward to that. And doing my Mythic BRF on Sunday for another shot at Vial and the mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think they'll add a new meta rep achievement in Legion? Last one was the 40 one in WOTLK, I think. Kind of want to get the last 2 I need on my Shaman in case I decide to change mains in Legion.

But reps are so meaningless. It's usually just a timegate to being able to buy a mount. If you have the faction/rep mount, what does the rep matter?

I'm so glad they added a currency tab to your character profile, playing through The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King has a bag in my bank full of random faction/rep currencies.

Brokun

But reps are so meaningless. It's usually just a timegate to being able to buy a mount. If you have the faction/rep mount, what does the rep matter?

Gotta fill up those bars! More bars to fill. Fill bars. The. Gotta. 999/1000 Exalted. No more, no less. G-g-gotta f-fill up those b-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

Xw9OBc.gif

I agree it would be nice if they would make reps account or realm-wide moving forward, even if they can't resolve all of the accrued rep across all of your existing characters. It would be nice if you didn't have to grind up Orgrimmar rep just to be able to buy a decent bag for cheap on every toon.

I'd also just settle for being able to upgrade the base backpack. How is that not a thing?

Lomax

I agree it would be nice if they would make reps account or realm-wide moving forward, even if they can't resolve all of the accrued rep across all of your existing characters. It would be nice if you didn't have to grind up Orgrimmar rep just to be able to buy a decent bag for cheap on every toon.

I'd also just settle for being able to upgrade the base backpack. How is that not a thing?

The non-upgradeable backpack has been explained countless times. Honestly once they do the wardrobe and the next batch of toy changes, bag space will basically be a complete non-issue.

ampere

I'm so glad they added a currency tab to your character profile, playing through The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King has a bag in my bank full of random faction/rep currencies.

Reps are a fun completionist thing mostly, outside of current expac rep rewards

Bought Alani for 19k. Well I paid 29k because he didn't scam me.
Got the Mountacular achievement :).

Yea it's so cheap considering how long it could take to farm the Skyshards. I remember thinking about trying to farm it and seeing it for 15k in trade... done deal lol.

It's actually pretty complicated. It was never going to be upgraded when they made Vanilla WoW, so there are probably a large number of locations in the code that expect a 16 slot bag, and to upgrade it they'd have to go through and find all of those.

Imagine if someone told you to build a house and said the basement will have a fixed size closet in one spot and it will never ever change it's size, and you build all around it. Then 5 years later someone says, uh can we make that closet bigger? (not counting cutting into other rooms)

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I think that is a really important thing to point out. They can change the default bag size to whatever they want, the problem is how that interacts with the rest of the game. Without going into great detail they said some really weird shit happened in the game last time they put it at a number that wasn't 16.

But yeah, once the new transmog system gets here bag space will become a non-issue, at least for me. My bank and some of my normal bags are 100% filled with gear, nothing else. When Legion gets here my bank will be literally empty except for a single pair of Bloodfang shoulders and a handful of unobtainable items which all amounts to less than 1 bag. No idea what the fuck I will do with that space going forward.

Top Bottom