• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I wonder how badly they want to just chuck away an 11 year old code base and start fresh. Wildstar has a pretty good solution, you have a single bag container, when you pick up new bags they just add slots to the one container.

Zelias

Banned
I'm sure that if they could they would rewrite whole parts of the codebase from whole cloth. I think the base backpack is a non-issue though, the wardrobe largely solves the problem and is honestly the kind of feature I want them to work on, rather than wasting development time trying to bludgeon additional base backpack space into a codebase that was never designed to support it.

Tenebrous

I agree it would be nice if they would make reps account or realm-wide moving forward, even if they can't resolve all of the accrued rep across all of your existing characters. It would be nice if you didn't have to grind up Orgrimmar rep just to be able to buy a decent bag for cheap on every toon.

I'd also just settle for being able to upgrade the base backpack. How is that not a thing?

I'm against account wide reputation gaining, but I'm alright with an exalted faction on one toon being shared (by choice) with other toons.

Robin64

I thought the MoP method of being able to buy a Commendation that doubles rep gain for that faction on your account was good.

Fularu

Banned
Because they already did in the past? And because most other old raid bosses you can just ignore all mechanism and focus the boss and kill him in a matter of secs? Why should this particular raid get these long waits between adds that were made this way because they didn't die in one second back then? Standing there doing nothing multiple times in the same fight because there is nothing to do is fun for you?

Believe it or not, there are lvl 85 raiding guilds. The content won't (and shouldn't) be changed to accomodate lvl 100-110 players. the only acceptable change is the "skip lore" request. And I say that as someone who clears DS 3 times a week.

ampere

I thought the MoP method of being able to buy a Commendation that doubles rep gain for that faction on your account was good.

Those were pretty good. I'd say it'd work well to add those for all factions, purchasable at Exalted, not Revered though.

And the Timewalking BoA tokens are nice. Can do a Timewalking dungeon on an alt and mail 5k rep (more with bonuses) to another character.

Tenebrous

Just Worgen and Pandaren nemesis left to do... Lord help me!

Edit: Anyone willing to trade for this in the EU? You let me and my friends kill you, then you kill us. I have WoD level Undead, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Panda, and Blood Elf... I'm sure I can find a Goblin on my friendslist, too.

Man, am I glad they simplified getting to Blackwing Lair. Just wrapping up the classic dungeons and raids and I saw the old way you used to have to get to the raid...yeesh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, am I glad they simplified getting to Blackwing Lair. Just wrapping up the classic dungeons and raids and I saw the old way you used to have to get to the raid...yeesh.

I'm pretty sure it's the same now as it always was, you just don't need to do the quest to use the orb to zone in anymore.

ampere

i got a pretty dargons

PqXTmpT.jpg

ZenaxPure

Talk to Blizzard. Only Horde race armor looks decent on.

Pretty much. Too bad they had to ruin males with their ridiculous stance though. Never liked how thin the females were either but the new models make it look a tad better.

That said, race shaming really? Are you like 3 years old?

Tenebrous

Can't believe how big the Ironhoof Destroyer is on my Gnome. People are actually whispering me asking how did I get it that big... I don't even have a single size buff active.

My Warrior is female Orc with the spikey mohawk. Trying to get the Tusks of Mannoroth for her xmog

Sadly my Mythic raiding guild has players who could learn from this video

I pull on 0, not 1! ffs lol

LMAO. And it is always a hunter, goddamn.

And I gave up on Tusks for the immediate future. Don't want to step into Siege anytime soon if I can help it.

Tenebrous

1310 HK's and I vow not to do PvP again. 10 minute debuff because I refuse to join a shite Ashran group that's getting spanked? Getting put in BGs against teleporting Russians with a team full of useless idiots?

Thank fuck for real PvP games... Lord knows how I dealt with WoW back in the day.

Eklipsis

Managed to get three new mounts this week...so far

Mottled meadowstomper from luk'hok
Garn night owl
Flametalon of alysrazor!!!

Yay!

cdyhybrid

How can you tell when your body is the size of a straw?

Only other decent one is female Orc.

Male Orcs - hunch and cartoonishly large shoulders (even for WOW)
Trolls - barefeet, hunched males
Undead - bones
Goblins - armor textures all squished together
Tauren - bare hooves, males can't cover their neck
Pandas - armor textures stretched

Thinking about getting back into WoW and messing around with alts before I resubscribe. The limitations of starter accounts are hilarious. Professions cap at 100 which is lower than I thought (figured it'd be 150) but whatever. However there's recipes that you can learn before 100 but not make. You can also learn Archaeology and dig for fragments, but when you find them you can't pick them up.

Tenebrous

Thinking about getting back into WoW and messing around with alts before I resubscribe. The limitations of starter accounts are hilarious. Professions cap at 100 which is lower than I thought (figured it'd be 150) but whatever. However there's recipes that you can learn before 100 but not make. You can also learn Archaeology and dig for fragments, but when you find them you can't pick them up.

Don't do it.

That... Sounds absolutely mental. Blizzard hopes to entice people in by showing them they can dig up mounds of earth for no reward? Woo!

Lomax

Yeah, the starter accounts are incredibly neutered. Basically all I've found it good for is doing some of the world events between subscription times, and playing things like the pandarian starter area. Like you could pick up your Christmas presents on alts if you want. But otherwise, it's completely unplayable, especially if you've played before.

I decided to wing it and use the lvl 100 boost on a Mistweaver Monk. I have no idea what I'm doing lmao.

That is the fundamental flaw with having these level boosts imo. You get people who re-sub and boost a brand new character having not spent all the time leveling to actually figure out how to play the damn thing.

Micapo

So I decided to get Harrison Jones on an alt I leveled up to 100 on Sunday and instead of having crazy bad luck with RNG as I had with my main all of the quests cycled through normally each day so today I'll get my Garrison Jones.

Has this been changed recently or have I just hit an RNG jackpot with the relic hunter quests?

If it's been changed I might bite and do this on some other alts as well as the relic hunter quests are pretty fast to do with flying.

Zelias

Banned
They changed it at some point. It now cycles through all of the quests.

Did my first two mythic dungeons ever yesterday. Got the strength DPS and tank heirloom trinkets lol

Micapo

They changed it at some point. It now cycles through all of the quests.

Did my first two mythic dungeons ever yesterday. Got the strength DPS and tank heirloom trinkets lol

Nice, it was so frustrating when it was random so i just did it on one character and that took about a month so good change!

I have the agility and healing heirloom but the thirst is real for the strength one as well :)

Top Bottom