• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Jag

Wondering if it is worth it to resub for Winter Veil. Looks like it may be a bit different this year with a mount I think?

Robin64

Wondering if it is worth it to resub for Winter Veil. Looks like it may be a bit different this year with a mount I think?

Like Hallow's End, it has some Draenor additions. There will be quests to earn tokens that you can use to decorate your Garrison, and I expect the Minion of Grumpus can drop from Grumpus on this quest.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got my Draenor flying achievement yesterday, man what a change! And this works for lvl 90-99 alts too I presume?

Tenebrous

screenshot please

is it the biggest mount in the game?

It just might be... No size buffs in these screenshots - Gnome priest ontop.

M9ioe5m.jpg

kTwKFB1.jpg

Got my Draenor flying achievement yesterday, man what a change! And this works for lvl 90-99 alts too I presume?

It does.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
One week left for Blizzard to start Legion alpha/beta (for non-streamers/friends etc.) if they want it out before the holidays.

ZenaxPure

Like Hallow's End, it has some Draenor additions. There will be quests to earn tokens that you can use to decorate your Garrison, and I expect the Minion of Grumpus can drop from Grumpus on this quest.

Looking forward to it, I liked the update they did for Halloween this year. Especially cool that you can keep the decorations up as long as you want which means people can come to your garrison to capture the pets/kill the rare spawn.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;188839763 said:
One week left for Blizzard to start Legion alpha/beta (for non-streamers/friends etc.) if they want it out before the holidays.

The dream is dead, I think. I expect to see it open up a bit in mid January.

ampere

We didn't kill Archimonde last night. Realm first dream probably dead since the other guild is going to add an extra night to try and beat us lol

Looking forward to it, I liked the update they did for Halloween this year. Especially cool that you can keep the decorations up as long as you want which means people can come to your garrison to capture the pets/kill the rare spawn.

Yeah it was neat. Wasn't too grindy, only had to do the dailies a few days to unlock everything

ZenaxPure

Yeah it was neat. Wasn't too grindy, only had to do the dailies a few days to unlock everything

Yeah it's the kind of update I wish they'd do every year (or at least every expansion) for holidays. Don't really need a complete overhaul of an event, just add a few new things that isn't tied to the old stuff. My biggest complaint with holidays is that while they usually do add some new pets or toys it's generally been tied to already established currencies and shit.

ampere

People didn't watch that tutorial about pull timers, lots of early pulls

Yeah it's the kind of update I wish they'd do every year (or at least every expansion) for holidays. Don't really need a complete overhaul of an event, just add a few new things that isn't tied to the old stuff. My biggest complaint with holidays is that while they usually do add some new pets or toys it's generally been tied to already established currencies and shit.

Yea it's pretty bland to collect currency X for the 5th year for some new items

Tenebrous

250,000 honour kills achieved. Genuinely chuffed with that... I stopped playing in the summer of 2012, and when I came back towards the end of MoP, I had around 220k kills. It's taken me almost 2 years to get the last 30k, haha.

Anyway, as terrible as Warlords is, I do like Timewalking.

Jag

I stopped playing just before Halloween. You can still earn the new items even after the holiday is over?

ZenaxPure

I stopped playing just before Halloween. You can still earn the new items even after the holiday is over?

You can't earn any of the currencies or anything, but the new quests they added this year let you decorate your garrison for Halloween part of which included 3 new pets that wander around your garrison (that you can capture) and added a rare spawn to your garrison that had a chance to drop a toy.

Those decorations are a toggle so you can turn them off/on whenever you want at a NPC even outside of the holiday, so if you go to someone's garrison that has it turned on you can still get those things.

Micapo

Wait, what pets and which rare spawn?

I was on a WoW break for a couple of months this fall but visited a random Garrison today which still had Hallow's End decorations up but only picked up the Garrison Jones quest.

I have the purple proto drake from the meta and the mount from the headless horseman but haven't done anything else for a few years during Hallow's End.

Edit: Answered above

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Good news for nerds with alts:

Prob will never pay to xfer my last few Alliance toons to my new realm now

It would be awesome if they didn't have level restrictions. I've have badass level 10 warlocks running around all over.

ZenaxPure

Edit: Answered above

Haha yeah. I don't know the setup for the Horde garrison but for Alliance the rare spawn is near the ashran tower/training dummies (his toy is not a 100% drop chance) and the pets are literally all over the place. There are 3 different ones but there are multiple running around your garrison at any given time (probably 10-15 of them so it's easy to get 3 of each).

Also worth mentioning all of the Halloween stuff was tied to a new daily quest hub this year and the mobs in that area dropped a toy called Coin of Many Faces. Those mobs are gone iirc but the toy was BOE and should be pretty cheap on most servers still since it was a fairly common drop.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
have they said if we can still collect plate transmogs if you cant equip them in the new transmog system? im not saying actually using them as transmog, just wanting to collect them if i loot them. would suck that everyone but plate can't collect plate, but plate can collect everything else.

also in regards to the quest rewards since they said they would give us all of those that we've done.

ZenaxPure

have they said if we can still collect plate transmogs if you cant equip them in the new transmog system? im not saying actually using them as transmog, just wanting to collect them if i loot them. would suck that everyone but plate can collect plate, but plate can collect everything else.

also in regards to the quest rewards since they said they would give us all of those that we've done.

They have not confirmed one way or another yet in regards to plate stuff. Cross your fingers they aren't stingy about it.

cdyhybrid

have they said if we can still collect plate transmogs if you cant equip them in the new transmog system? im not saying actually using them as transmog, just wanting to collect them if i loot them. would suck that everyone but plate can't collect plate, but plate can collect everything else.

According to MMOC forums, you can only unlock wardrobe models for the armor class of the character you're currently on (i.e., plate wearers can only unlock plate, cloth wearers can only unlock cloth, etc.). Subject to change, alpha, etc. etc.

ampere

@WarcraftDevs Rumor from alpha is clothies can unlock cloth transmog but plate cannot. Intended behavior?

So Warriors will not be the god-kings of transmog unlocks

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a bad idea in the grand scheme of things, really. Otherwise EVERYONE would roll for transmog items in a raid because they have some alt that could maybe possibly use it in the future.

ZenaxPure

Interesting, didn't see that tweet (though it is recent and I haven't browsed them in a while so that's my defense). Wonder if that applies to quests. Drops I don't mind so much, but I don't want to go through most quest chains 5-6 times. There are a few transmog models that come only from one or two quests that are deep in a zone.

ampere

Well, we'll be the god-kings of transmog weapon unlocks.

Yea, everything except wands. Thing I am wondering is if they don't let Warriors unlock daggers/bows/guns since they aren't things you will ever actually use. Though ranged weapons did used to have a use before Cata

Interesting, didn't see that tweet (though it is recent and I haven't browsed them in a while so that's my defense). Wonder if that applies to quests. Drops I don't mind so much, but I don't want to go through most quest chains 5-6 times. There are a few transmog models that come only from one or two quests that are deep in a zone.

Pretty sure if you complete a quest you unlock all the rewards, regardless

davepoobond

According to MMOC forums, you can only unlock wardrobe models for the armor class of the character you're currently on (i.e., plate wearers can only unlock plate, cloth wearers can only unlock cloth, etc.). Subject to change, alpha, etc. etc.

i see, so they're making it just 1:1. i suppose it gives you an incentive to collect on alts, but also not have to "worry" about collecting others if it isn't for your class

ampere

i see, so they're making it just 1:1. i suppose it gives you an incentive to collect on alts, but also not have to "worry" about collecting others if it isn't for your class

Yeah imo it would feel kinda bad if you played 3 toons mage, rogue, shaman and felt like you should make a warrior to unlock their xmog

davepoobond

Yeah imo it would feel kinda bad if you played 3 toons mage, rogue, shaman and felt like you should make a warrior to unlock their xmog

yeah, the only alternative would be to unlock all collected items no matter your armor class/transmoggability

Daniel R

Got Poundfist using Premade group finder that automatically scans custom groups for keywords.
Only Luk'hok left of the 6 rare spawns.

Bisnic

As a canadian, I feel like WoW is going to be the only game I'll be playing in the following months/years... When games cost 80$, and when price could increase further if our dollar crash even more, I'm thankful that the WoW token system exist. I can keep playing for free, without paying 20$ per month, with only having to worry about the expansions. Glad this game can still be fun to play even after 10 years.

Almost feel like the only other games i'll buy next year will be Mass Effect or Zelda... sigh.

Tenebrous

Even with WoD being the way it is, there definitely are a lot worse games to be stuck with than good ol' WoW.

Did the five Timewalking dungeons on my mage, went from iLvl 580~ to 665 (threw a couple of crafted items ontop of the vendor/loots), and now find myself doing a lot of old content for mounts & legendaries... Can't believe how fast mages are at soloing pre-MoP content! Absolutely destroy my Paladin & Hunter in terms of DPS.

Bisnic

Even with WoD being the way it is, there definitely are a lot worse games to be stuck with than good ol' WoW.

Did the five Timewalking dungeons on my mage, went from iLvl 580~ to 665 (threw a couple of crafted items ontop of the vendor/loots), and now find myself doing a lot of old content for mounts & legendaries... Can't believe how fast mages are at soloing pre-MoP content! Absolutely destroy my Paladin & Hunter in terms of DPS.

What spec are you playing? My frost mage only have an average ilvl of 685, but damn am I a monster in soloing old raids or Tanaan Jungle, even more so than my ret paladin with a similar ilvl.

Don't remember the last time I ever played an Arcane mage. And all I see in dungeons & LFR is Frost & Fire.

Tenebrous

I'm also playing frost. Decided to go after the legendary staff, as I'm soloing for the Rag mount anyway, and I was clearing all just fine as Arcane until Majordomo (25HC)... Nope! Went frost, and with barrier, block (regen ice) > snap > block, I JUST about managed to beat him. Tempted to do some LFR for one or two pieces of Leech gear... Would make that fight a lot easier.

Frost has absolutely ludicrous burst damage for this kinda content. Being able to throw Icy Veins, Time Warp, Berserking, and the Timewalking trinket all into a single macro (while standing on a Rune of Power)... Amazing.

Oh well, no Invincible.

Robin64

I'm also going for the legendary staff on my frost mage.

It's actually pretty shit, though, how the questline is mostly "go and kill Firelands bosses" then "go and kill Firelands bosses again for different things" and then "hey guess what! Firelands bosses. Stuff. Whatever."

Tenebrous

I'm also going for the legendary staff on my frost mage.

It's actually pretty shit, though, how the questline is mostly "go and kill Firelands bosses" then "go and kill Firelands bosses again for different things" and then "hey guess what! Firelands bosses. Stuff. Whatever."

To be fair, that's pretty much every legendary since since Val'nyr ('cept Shadowmourne which had some cool [re:frustrating] quests). I suppose Fangs also had that stealth quest, but that was just repeated DS farming in the end, too.

Bisnic

Any reasons you guys are going for the legendary staff other than achievement than sending it to your bank never to touch it again? You can't transmog legendaries right?

Tenebrous

Any reasons you guys are going for the legendary staff other than achievement than sending it to your bank never to touch it again? You can't transmog legendaries right?

Farming for the mount, so might as well do it along the way. That's how I ended up with three Val'nyr's before getting Mimiron's head, and while I'll end up with legendary daggers before getting all the DS mounts.

Plus, who knows! It might actually proc in a Timewalking dungeon... I know Shadowmourne & Val'nyr proc like mad.

What the easiest 2 seater flying mount to get?

Sandstone Drake. 50k from the AH (used to be 35k~), can probably do some farming yourself and get it for 30k~.

Top Bottom