• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

To be fair, that's pretty much every legendary since since Val'nyr ('cept Shadowmourne which had some cool [re:frustrating] quests). I suppose Fangs also had that stealth quest, but that was just repeated DS farming in the end, too.

Well I mean, the RNG of vanilla/TBC legendaries made that the case for those as well. It took 5 years of killing Garr for our main tank to get Thunderfury, makes other legendaries look like easy mode.

Also both the Firelands staff and Fangs had multiple quests not related to just simply killing bosses in their respective raids. The staff had a solo version of the Nexus that was pretty cool and there was the whole collecting crystals to open a portal where you fight a unique boss in the Firelands. Fangs had multiple stealth quests, not just one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How easily "duoable" are the MoP raids with ~690 ilvl? Let's say with 2 ret paladins or 1 ret paladin + 1 frost mage? I suppose the first tier is probably easy enough, but what about the rest?

How easily "duoable" are the MoP raids with ~690 ilvl? Let's say with 2 ret paladins or 1 ret paladin + 1 frost mage? I suppose the first tier is probably easy enough, but what about the rest?

You might struggle in ToT unless you're on 10 man normal and even then it may be iffier. That iLvl it's probably safer with 3 or 4 if you have no healer or tank.

First tier should be fine as you said, I can solo 10 MSV for Elegon, though I'm about 40-50 iLvls higher than you.

And you mages really should learn Arcane. It's like the top parsing overall spec right now. We're in Zakuun progression right now and like the only guy that beats me as BoS Unholy DK is our Arcane Mage with that prismatic crystal. Ferals burst high as well with their soul caps but lose out over time. We're all over like 150k on the pull, but the Mage can easily get like 30-50k higher than me.

Tenebrous

Well I mean, the RNG of vanilla/TBC legendaries made that the case for those as well. It took 5 years of killing Garr for our main tank to get Thunderfury, makes other legendaries look like easy mode.

Also both the Firelands staff and Fangs had multiple quests not related to just simply killing bosses in their respective raids. The staff had a solo version of the Nexus that was pretty cool and there was the whole collecting crystals to open a portal where you fight a unique boss in the Firelands. Fangs had multiple stealth quests, not just one.

That's true. People tend to romanticise legendaries a bit, but honestly, I've never completed a legendary (either current or non-current) that was anywhere near as epic & fun to complete as the T0.5 set... Now THAT felt like an epic adventure.

My DK has every equippable legendary available to him <3

Only ones I don't have are the daggers and Val'anyr. And like Aetish of course. Warlock has Dragonwrath.

And those are more out of lack of effort than anything else. I have a 100 rogue and I'm sure I could have a Val'anyr in a matter of weeks if I wanted.

Tenebrous

My Warrior is (almost) the same.

I never got Atiesh, and I'm not sure I'll get this legendary ring... 33 tomes of chaos in HFC LFR? Fuck, the very thought is upsetting. I do have the others, though.

Bisnic

My Warrior is (almost) the same. I never got Atiesh, and I'm not sure I'll get this legendary ring... 33 tomes of chaos in HFC LFR? Fuck, the very thought is upsetting.

Why? Because it's stupidly easy, where the only mechanisms that matters are "Kill adds" & "Stay out of fire"? I think only Archimonde can be a mess. LFR isn't the wipefest it was in the past.

My Warrior is (almost) the same. I never got Atiesh, and I'm not sure I'll get this legendary ring... 33 tomes of chaos in HFC LFR? Fuck, the very thought is upsetting.

Just think about upgrading it 20 times after that!

My ring will actually be complete 795 this next week. Then I work on a tank one for giggles I suppose? Not gonna be tanking unless it's absolutely necessary.

Tenebrous

Why? Because it's stupidly easy, where the only mechanisms that matters are "Kill adds" & "Stay out of fire"? I think only Archimonde can be a mess. LFR isn't the wipefest it was in the past.

Because killing bosses with 150m with people doing under 20k DPS is my idea of hell.

ZenaxPure

Speaking of legendaries though they finalllllly fixed the proc on the daggers a couple of weeks ago and it's been so amazing for this TBC timewalking. My rogue is able to hit ~16k dps on those bosses which is so hilarious. The legendary dagger proc has some insane synergy with the shadow clone talent. Being able to fill every GCD with a finisher and then having your clone mimic that is pretty much broken (not that it was ever intended obviously).

So close to being able to fulfill my timewalking dreams, legendary gem + cape + daggers feels pretty broken, if they'd just fix the ring now it would be true comedy.

Bisnic

Because killing bosses with 150m with people doing under 20k DPS is my idea of hell.

You could also just turn off your DPS meter. :p Problem solved!

I never thought about using old legendaries for timewalking dungeons! Good thing I kept my MoP cape.

Tenebrous

One of me is worth like 7 typical LFR players, it's hilarious when/if I have to go in there.

The first week the Valor system went live was amazing. People in full mythic gear dropping bosses in under 60 seconds... That's the last time I bothered with LFR.

Speaking of legendaries though they finalllllly fixed the proc on the daggers a couple of weeks ago and it's been so amazing for this TBC timewalking. My rogue is able to hit ~16k dps on those bosses which is so hilarious. The legendary dagger proc has some insane synergy with the shadow clone talent. Being able to fill every GCD with a finisher and then having your clone mimic that is pretty much broken (not that it was ever intended obviously).

So close to being able to fulfill my timewalking dreams, legendary gem + cape + daggers feels pretty broken, if they'd just fix the ring now it would be true comedy.

Still need to get yourself some socketable gear, OP trinkets (DBW & Bone-link Fetish are lovely on Warrior) & setbonuses. I use 2 parts T13, 2 parts T16, and 4 parts T6.

Oh, and a Ghost Iron Dragonling! The gems give +42 secondary stats now, and do not scale down at all.

ghost_iron_dragonling_trinket_stats.JPG

You could also just turn off your DPS meter. :p Problem solved!

I never thought about using old legendaries for timewalking dungeons! Good thing I kept my MoP cape.

Shadowmourne & Val'nyr are the best in my experience. I need to try SMF & Warglaives on my Warrior.

Tenebrous

How much of a difference does the legendary gem make for Timewalking? I COULD use it if I managed to get a T16 helm from Siege of Orgrimmar... Anyone want to go?

Ultratech

My DK has every equippable legendary available to him <3

Only ones I don't have are the daggers and Val'anyr. And like Aetish of course. Warlock has Dragonwrath.

And those are more out of lack of effort than anything else. I have a 100 rogue and I'm sure I could have a Val'anyr in a matter of weeks if I wanted.

Only old legendary weapons I went after were:

-Thunderfury : Was running MC for stuff anyways, took the better part of a year and half to get both bindings though.
-Sulfuras: See above: Had the Eye drop one run and decided to go and make it (my DK was a Blacksmith anyhow). The most annoying part was getting all those damn Arcane Crystals.
-Shadowmourne: Was running IC for transmog/stuffs, so decided to go for it on my DK. Hardest part was just doing the those Infusions; especially since I had to enlist some help for Blood Infusion.

Didn't have anything at that time that could utilize the Staves, so I didn't bother.

ZenaxPure

The daggers are actually pretty ridiculous. Rogue in my guild was doing like at least 1k more than me on average with Shadowmourne this week.

Yeah I think the proc just makes it scale better than other legendaries. Most of them are just some sort of damage proc/stat buff but the daggers let you spam the fuck out of your hardest hitting ability for 6 seconds and you get a really big agility boost (that is active like 99% of the time).

Also with how the buff works you have pretty good control on when you want it to proc. That is how I was hitting 15k+ dps on TBC bosses, was just making sure I had ~30 stacks of the buff so I could proc it at the very start of the fight and abuse shadow reflection.

Tenebrous

Didn't even know that was a title, honestly... No fucking idea how many I've got now. *Counts* 81.

Is there any way to enter a Timewalking dungeon solo? I wanna see if I can solo them.

_DrMario_

Why the fuck does it keep telling me I can't loot Teron'Gor's corrupted blood because I'm still in combat and why the fuck can't I find any info online about this bug. There's no fucking way I'm the only one who's experienced this problem.

Fuck this is pissing me off.

Zakuun dead in like 3 pulls tonight. CRAPPIEST LOOT NA though. All like cloaks and necks. No axes, trinkets, other weapons, etc. My +5 bonus roll didn't save me.

ampere

Why the fuck does it keep telling me I can't loot Teron'Gor's corrupted blood because I'm still in combat and why the fuck can't I find any info online about this bug. There's no fucking way I'm the only one who's experienced this problem.

That sucks, try making a ticket, but might be faster to just run again tomorrow

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You were probably in combat with adds earlier in the instance that couldn't get to the gorefiend platform. It's not really a bug so much as just aggro that can't reset.

Yeah, sometimes there's an enemy that gets "stuck", you can't kill it, it can't reset, you're just permanently in combat in the instance because it was aggro'd. I had that happen in the Firelands yesterday but that only meant I had to walk out instead f using my mount.

This is not notable for any other reason beyond the fact Banthar actually spawned and it took all of three seconds to kill, loot and complete this quest...like it should have in the first place.

I'll actually be able to complete the Nesingwary Safari and Nagrand Slam achievements on this toon and get Outland Loremaster.

Questing in Outland seems a little bit better as a Horde, there seems to be a few more narrative touchstones. Garrosh and Saurfang the Younger show up in Nagrand. Rexxar is in Blade's Edge Mountains.

It also helps my Ele Shaman is even higher level and has the highest level of flying. Now if I could only find a Khorium vein or two.

ampere

The first suggestion will just lead to the second suggestion.

GMs are useless.

Disagree! I've had GMs help with a lot of loot issues in the past. They do have rules about what they are allowed to do though

Ex: I looted the STV arena chest after having the 12 times quest done and didn't get the new heirloom. Made a ticket and discussed it with a GM and they gave me the trinket

Figured out some things with AMS on Xhul. It's so stupidly tricky since it prevents the application of magic debuffs, but doesn't remove them (though I think that's an option in Legion). I kinda fucked up quite a bit with some soaking stuff last night, but I should be good for next week. Should be able to get him and Tyrant, and then we can move on to Mannoroth.

phierce

Are any of the store mounts worth it? Or do they have any equivalent drops?
That's a very hard question for anyone to answer. Is money any worry to you? None of the mounts are really worth the money they charge, but if you like having mounts and don't give a shit about the money, then sure, it's probably worth it for you.

I spent like 4-5 mounts worth at the bar last night for the fight. That was way more enjoyable/worth it to me than adding another mount to my already huge collection.

ZenaxPure

Are any of the store mounts worth it? Or do they have any equivalent drops?

I mean it's a purely cosmetic thing, only you can figure out if you want one of the mounts. There is no gameplay perk to any of them.

But to answer your second question none of the store mounts have replicas you can earn in game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Checking out some of the new animations, and holy shit do they look good.

Dat feel when an 87 +5 isn't enough to win the mount. One guy rolled 100 actually, but he was new this week, so the guy with the 96 +5 roll won.

Still pissed that my trinket hasn't dropped in two weeks. Next week is the last time on maidens with this group, so I might have to find another party to run with for awhile if I don't get it then, cause they'll be skipping to BH from then on.

phierce

Dat feel when an 87 +5 isn't enough to win the mount. One guy rolled 100 actually, but he was new this week, so the guy with the 96 +5 roll won.

Still pissed that my trinket hasn't dropped in two weeks. Next week is the last time on maidens with this group, so I might have to find another party to run with for awhile if I don't get it then, cause they'll be skipping to BH from then on.
You run with Crodar, by chance?

You run with Crodar, by chance?

No. With a guy on my server (Mal'ganis) who posted one on OpenRaid last week. Didn't even post an OpenRaid this week cause he has most people returning on friends and just gets whoever else out of the group finder.

Might have to switch to do one of Crodar's groups at least until I get my trinket if it doesn't drop next week. Probably have to do his for the week of Christmas if I can go to one at all, not sure if I'm going out of town on the 26th or 27th, but leaving one of those days.

phierce

No. With a guy on my server (Mal'ganis) who posted one on OpenRaid last week. Didn't even post an OpenRaid this week cause he has most people returning on friends and just gets whoever else out of the group finder.

Might have to switch to do one of Crodar's groups at least until I get my trinket if it doesn't drop next week. Probably have to do his for the week of Christmas if I can go to one at all, not sure if I'm going out of town on the 26th or 27th, but leaving one of those days.
Gotcha. Speaking of names...is Davela on your seraph raid team? (Was thinking he was probably the Mage that does more dps than you)

Gotcha. Speaking of names...is Davela on your seraph raid team? (Was thinking he was probably the Mage that does more dps than you)

Yes, but he plays a Mistweaver Asuka on the team I raid with. His Mage or whatever is on another team.

Our resident Mage's name is Rilgen. Though we have a new Mage trial as of this week that's pretty good.

Top Bottom