• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Next expansion better have a new class/race. And if its about AU Azeroth, I just can't get excited about that.

Race OR class is virtually guaranteed I think. I'd love one of each, MoP style.
I think AU Azeroth is extremely unlikely.

Robin64

If it's AU anything, I really won't give a shit.

AU Draenor was bad enough, when it could have all been avoided by just blowing up our fucking Dark Portal.

ampere

If it's AU anything, I really won't give a shit.

AU Draenor was bad enough, when it could have all been avoided by just blowing up our fucking Dark Portal.

But look at all these Warlords. They are important characters you have to meet them

Ooops Ner'zhul, the goddamn OG Lich King, died in a dungeon oops

Weebos

Banned
Race OR class is virtually guaranteed I think. I'd love one of each, MoP style.
I think AU Azeroth is extremely unlikely.

Race or class would be lovely, that is enough reason for me to grab it, even if I am just replaying old content.

I do want separate races again, I don't really like the idea of more neutrals.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Race or class would be lovely, that is enough reason for me to grab it, even if I am just replaying old content.

I do want separate races again, I don't really like the idea of more neutrals.

I want neutrals because the idea of a race I really want to play being alliance makes me upset.

Weebos

Banned
I want neutrals because the idea of a race I really want to play being alliance makes me upset.

This is true, I would be quite put out.

That said, if Murlocs are Alliance that is enough of a reason for me to level an Alliance character.

RPGCrazied

I really don't want orges, but they do have a bunch of animations in the game for them already, I would be shocked if they don't show up sometime. I mean they have a dance, can ride on mounts and other stuff.

If they include Naga, which they never will, I'd be there day 0.

Interfectum

I would totally jump back in for a Murloc race/class. Let me be neutral and just have the wild as my "town." Shit would be awesome.

McNei1y

I was trying to weigh the pros and cons in my head. LFR and LFG are actually amazing. I do miss the walking to dungeons and fighting alliance though. That made the trip there better than the dungeon/raid lol.

Khezu

Everyone always mentions Ogres, but does anyone actually want to play as an Ogre?

That seems like a race that only has a chance at getting in on a vanilla release as a filler race, and not something Blizzard would try and sell an expansion on, especially if there is only one new race.

Robin64

That's why. LFR should still award tier gear, always felt this way. You get better ilvls in the harder modes, don't see the issue.

Ah okay.

Though I have to say, as paladin, my LFR set is miles better than what the T18 garbage I'd be getting aesthetically, haha.

CassSept

Ogres would be another 'boring' race addition to the Horde. Goblins were cool, but they were the most obvious race they could have added to the Horde. I prefer something unexpected.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ogres would be another 'boring' race addition to the Horde. Goblins were cool, but they were the most obvious race they could have added to the Horde. I prefer something unexpected.

Want unexpected?

How about the Klaxxis for Horde and that fish race from MoP for Alliance?

I guess that could make the Horde look even more cooler though, with having a bug race and all.

Anoregon

Want unexpected?

How about the Klaxxis for Horde and that fish race from MoP for Alliance?

I guess that could make the Horde look even more cooler though, with having a bug race and all.

Mantid are my fucking bros, I would totally play one.

CassSept

Mantid are the best race out of all added in WoW expansion packs so hey, why not.

But by surprising I mean exactly that, surprising. Something I would not expect. Look at TBC races, both completely unexpected (well, since one was made up on the spot). Blood Elves for the Horde? Why? Why not?

Zelias

Banned
Mantid for Horde makes practically zero sense lore-wise.

So it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened.

(I'm actually struggling to think of a race I'd really want. Ethereals is probably at the top of the list)

Jag

Either Emerald Dream or Burning Legion "homeworld". Emerald Dream has possibilities because it opens up different times and places.

lazygecko

Either Emerald Dream or Burning Legion "homeworld". Emerald Dream has possibilities because it opens up different times and places.

Emerald Dream was wrapped up in one of the novels. They didn't make an expansion based around the Emerald Dream because they said "it would be too boring to just have an entire world set in lush nature". Nevermind the fact that they put a freaking jungle in Northrend.

Emerald Dream was wrapped up in one of the novels. They didn't make an expansion based around the Emerald Dream because they said "it would be too boring to just have an entire world set in lush nature". Nevermind the fact that they put a freaking jungle in Northrend.

IT WOULDN'T BE SAVAGE ENUFFFF

Robin64

Northrend is absolute proof you can have variety within a theme. "Ice and snow", sure, but every zone in Northrend felt unique from each other.

Man, Grizzly Hills.. that beauty, that music.. unf.

Draxal

High Elves for Alliance

Ogres for Horde.

All the WC2 races are back (well I guess they can give trolls forest trolls skins as well), High Elves is lazy but blizzard will make a shit ton of money from all the humes race changing to High Elves.

Anoregon

High Elves for alliance will always be the 100% worst new race idea

Jag

High Elves for Alliance

Ogres for Horde.

All the WC2 races are back (well I guess they can give trolls forest trolls skins as well), High Elves is lazy but blizzard will make a shit ton of money from all the humes race changing to High Elves.

Too many elves. It's not going to be a race, it will be a class OR maybe all classes will get sub class branches.

They could make Emerald Dream look however they want, it doesn't "have" to be just lush forest. It's supposed to reflect the old Azeroth anyway which presumably wasn't all forest, but you could just say the corruption or whatever is making it different.

And as boring as Ogres are I would play an ogre just so I could hear their stupid (in a good way) voices.

Zelias

Banned
People hated Class Quests? I thought they were brilliant.
Did anyone hate class quests? I thought Blizzard's reasoning was that they took too much resources for content much of the playerbase can't do.

And I'd love an Emerald Dream expansion and have been wanting one since Wrath. Maybe have it that the Dream is starting to encroach onto Azeroth through rifts or something.

Fjordson

Northrend is absolute proof you can have variety within a theme. "Ice and snow", sure, but every zone in Northrend felt unique from each other.

Agreed.

Northrend is amazing creatively. To me it struck a perfect balance between the various zones having their own identity and having the continent as a whole feeling cohesive. I thought Pandaria did this also, though not quite at the level of Northrend.

I'm not sure if I liked Class Quests themselves or just the way they interacted with the older state of the game when it was more personal and communal and there was less access to information. I think Warlocks had to go deep into this one burrow in Felwood where they had to confront a dreadlord or something, I always thought that was pretty cool because it made it seem like there was undiscovered stuff throughout the world I just didn't know about.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I don't know about that. I would say Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord were VERY similar.

Anoregon

I'm not sure if I liked Class Quests themselves or just the way they interacted with the older state of the game when it was more personal and communal and there was less access to information. I think Warlocks had to go deep into this one burrow in Felwood where they had to confront a dreadlord or something, I always thought that was pretty cool because it made it seem like there was undiscovered stuff throughout the world I just didn't know about.

I don't think that is necessarily true, the green fire Warlock class quest is from Mists and it is totally awesome. It has one of my favorite boss encounters in the game actually.

I don't know about that. I would say Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord were VERY similar.

They were, yeah. Thematically though HF was based on Scandinavian stuff, while the Grizzly Hills I think were more Canadian/pacific northwest.

Draxal

High Elves for alliance will always be the 100% worst new race idea

Well not really a new race, it's lazy but it's very easy money for blizzard.

Lol yeah, "Here's your blood elves with blue eyes, enjoy."

Let's not like act like people wouldn't spend money to race change in 5 minutes.

As for class quests they're great, but they take up alot of dev time that's only applicable to a minute number of the player base.

Weebos

Banned
People hated Class Quests? I thought they were brilliant.

I loved running around to get my new demons when I first played the game.

I loved everything when I first played the game though, could be a nostalgia thing that doesn't pan out in practice.

That said, the Green Fire quest was the highlight of Pandaria.

Robin64

So thinking about what sub race options could be..

Human -> Vrykul
Dwarf -> WIldhammer Dwarf, Iron Dwarf
Night Elf -> ?
Gnome -> Clockwork Gnome
Draenei -> Broken
Worgen -> ?

Orc -> Brown Orc
Forsaken -> Elven Forsaken
Tauren -> Taunka
Troll -> ?
Blood Elf -> Bel'dorei
Goblin -> Giblin