• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like if the next expansion doesn't tie into something related to a loose end left over from WC3 it's not gonna pull people back in.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizz should announce a new annual pass that includes the next xpac ^_^

Skab

I expect a Wrath style B Roll. Give it to me blizz. That B Roll was the hypest shit ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ

God that was amazing

I always thought it was dumb of Frank to announce the Death Knight before they showed this trailer that year at Blizzcon. Would have been such a great surprise.

But yeah, fucking love that trailer.

(PS, thats not what a B Roll is. That's just a trailer.)

I feel like if the next expansion doesn't tie into something related to a loose end left over from WC3 it's not gonna pull people back in.

At Blizzcon last year, Metzen said that WoD sets up the next couple of expansions, and leads directly into the next one.

So I don't think were getting a clean cut away from WoD this time around. I fully expect it to have something to do with the alternate draenor Gul'dan still being alive, and was only half joking when I mentioned him being a new Lich King of sorts.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
At Blizzcon last year, Metzen said that WoD sets up the next couple of expansions, and leads directly into the next one.

So I don't think were getting a clean cut away from WoD this time around. I fully expect it to have something to do with the alternate draenor Gul'dan still being alive, and was only half joking when I mentioned him being a new Lich King of sorts.

I guess that's why blizz is being so tight lipped about the next expansion, I guess they're scared of the reaction to players who have such a bitter after taste from WoD that they just wanna leave it all behind.

ampere

World of Warcraft, The Wrath of Gul'dan

Legion focused. I still expect that anyway :p

Managed to PUG a normal Archimonde to get my ring upgrade today.
anuxi_deal.gif
738 bitches. 26% boost.

Shahadan

Legion is so boring, please stop wishing it back. It's just green, more green, and "HAHAHA BURN THIS WORLD" over and over again

Dot50Cal

Banned
Wrath had the best trailers in general. The Patch 3.3 trailer is haunting.

This is what my roommate showed me and it finally convinced me to play WoW. I had resisted for years because I knew I'd get addicted to it too much. But the conclusion of Warcraft 3 was just too tempting. Just before cata launched, our 10 man group killed him on normal difficulty, it was awesome. I still remember I was doing 7k dps as a holy paladin and the top guy was 10k, a warlock who arranged the whole thing. I'm so happy I saved my screenshots folder since the beginning lol

WOTLK cinematic is the best. Bar none. MoP second.

This is coming from someone whos played since vanilla and also works in movies, so I'm taking a lot of story-telling/filmmaking stuff into account. Both are just so beautifully done.

Ashodin

Tomorrow's announcement is pretty much make or break for the game IMO. Bleeding subscribers, players fed up with the way the game works, PVP imbalances, etc.

There needs to be a lot of goodwill and good faith promises that will come true with this next expac. South Seas or bust!

Shahadan

People will be disappointed if they expect wow's savior or something :lol:

I'm only expecting a blue logo. I'm all set.

I'm guessing they're going to go with the €50 pricetag again, if that's the case I'm not going to buy it at all. Increasing the price with WoD was a scummy move, and the increased pricetag it didn't bring any additional value to the table for the players.

Shahadan

I'm guessing they're going to go with the €50 pricetag again, if that's the case I'm not going to buy it at all. Increasing the price with WoD was a scummy move, and the increased pricetag it didn't bring any additional value to the table for the players.

Meh, just buy it for 35/39€ on amazon like some people did for WoD

Khezu

So freshy 100 with quest gear, can I go straight to that Tanaan jungle place?
Is it a decent place to gear up? Will I have any trouble with the mobs there?

Shahadan

So freshy 100 with quest gear, can I go straight to that Tanaan jungle place?
Is it a decent place to gear up? Will I have any trouble with the mobs there?

You'll get some stuff by killing rares or looting special treasures, but yeah you could have some trouble killing stuff I guess. don't hesitate to group for bonus events, it's faster anyway.

You'll get a fuck load of apexis crystals and be able to buy gear and upgrades from a vendor as well.

Edit: You have to do the short boring shipyard intro questline to be able to get there easily and unlock the camp

TheYanger

Yeah mythic was nigh on impossible with the correct gear aside from the fact that it was so trivial to cheese/remove that mechanic entirely. Much needed fix.

Milennia

we didnt cheese the mechanic at all, none of the early kills did in fact. (outside of 1 guild who will remain unnamed that did so by accident, thus figuring out it was even possible, and had no clue what caused it)
there was a huge inconsistency with her casts that made that fight a slot machine.

still got it down in about a day (or less cant remember)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaG7U3fRrs

the most difficult part about doing this fight for us in such a low gear level was definetly the jubeithos intermission.

TheYanger

we didnt cheese the mechanic at all, none of the early kills did in fact.
there was a huge inconsistency with her casts that made that fight a slot machine.

still got it down in about a day (or less cant remember)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOaG7U3fRrs

the most difficult part about doing this fight for us in such a low gear level was definetly the jubeithos intermission.

Yes you did, watch your own video - it doesn't mean you had to force it to happen that way, the mechanic was BROKEN. You could luck into it (still can sometimes apparently, or could yesterday) working like that, but you guys were getting 'broken' marks after literally the very first reap in your kill there :)

In fact, when we were progressing on it EVERY kill with public logs was like that, it was the major reason it took us most of a day, just like "Why the fuck are we taking 6x as much mark of the necromancer damage as every kill? why are they only dispelling 2 times the entire fight?" and then we stumbled into what interrupts were doing to the boss.

Intentionally or not, you were doing the same thing. You guys literally did not have to dispel after the first set because the marks were coming BEFORE reap.

Conversely, this is our kill this week when it was fixed on Mal'ganis - blue highlighted people on grid have Mark for me, compare that to your marks in your video.
http://www.twitch.tv/theyanger/v/9721023?t=1h07m32s
That's how the fight is actually 'intended' to be.

Oh, and that first windwalk, the 'hard' part of the fight? (I agree it is) - you had ZERO marks of the necromancer, because you broke the fight :)

Shahadan

Illidan (not mecha illidan of course!...sadly?) is so much probable it's not even a funny matter. It's serious business.

I expect him to come back, especially if we get an Azshara expansion.

Milennia

Yes you did, watch your own video - it doesn't mean you had to force it to happen that way, the mechanic was BROKEN. You could luck into it (still can sometimes apparently, or could yesterday) working like that, but you guys were getting 'broken' marks after literally the very first reap in your kill there :)

In fact, when we were progressing on it EVERY kill with public logs was like that, it was the major reason it took us most of a day, just like "Why the fuck are we taking 6x as much mark of the necromancer damage as every kill? why are they only dispelling 2 times the entire fight?" and then we stumbled into what interrupts were doing to the boss.

Intentionally or not, you were doing the same thing. You guys literally did not have to dispel after the first set because the marks were coming BEFORE reap.

yeah you are right, it was not intentional as i mentioned previously, i also said a guild did the same unintentionally =p

we had attempts before this initial kill attempt that were pretty low percentages with bad marks, same for most of the other guilds around us in ranking that i am in contact with did, it was completely doable as i said our issue for most of the attempts was the jubeithos transition phase and organizing that properly.

trying to create a strat for that phase to best manage the random rng (which was random before people knew how to deal with the mechanic the way they do now) was pretty difficult, i even suggested we tank it in the middle so we may have the dot classes move freely around the middle circle and be in range of most of the copies, which worked but we ultimately decided to go with the strat we killed the boss with due to familiarity and the lack of a shaman, which would have made that strat glorious for us judging by what we were wiping to, which is my excuse for every fight this tier basically.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Some semi-promising tweets from Muffinus

Jeremy Feasel ‏@Muffinus 3h3 hours ago
Can't believe how doggo this next expac info has managed to stay

T Swensen ‏@gamedale 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus you gonna make it count, Jeremy? I'll trust you if you say it.

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@gamedale I can never promise things will be perfect, but I can promise that much, much learning has happened.
----------------------------

Those nights where you get a bunch of tweets about things you know are improved and exciting and you're just HNNNNGGGG for 12 hours

John Lujick ‏@Bunzato 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus Please say you guys learned HARD from WoD?

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@Bunzato I don't think it would be possible not to.

John Bohn ‏@JohnBBohn 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus What would you say are the main things that went wrong in WoD?

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@JohnBBohn As a player, not a dev: I wanted less chores, more world content, more MMO content, more inexhaustible content.

Ashodin

Some semi-promising tweets from Muffinus

Can't believe how doggo this next expac info has managed to stay

T Swensen ‏@gamedale 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus you gonna make it count, Jeremy? I'll trust you if you say it.

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@gamedale I can never promise things will be perfect, but I can promise that much, much learning has happened.

Those nights where you get a bunch of tweets about things you know are improved and exciting and you're just HNNNNGGGG for 12 hours

John Lujick ‏@Bunzato 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus Please say you guys learned HARD from WoD?

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@Bunzato I don't think it would be possible not to.

John Bohn ‏@JohnBBohn 3h3 hours ago
@Muffinus What would you say are the main things that went wrong in WoD?

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
@JohnBBohn As a player, not a dev: I wanted less chores, more world content, more MMO content, more inexhaustible content.
Ok this is hype.

Robin64

I am really damn hyped.

Also, you guys, what if the AU was set up not for more WoW stories, but for Warcraft 4? Can't really make a new RTS that might conflict with the ongoing MMO story, but an AU Azeroth? They can go all out. Believe it.

Ellendway

Neo Member
I am afraid that Blizzard will never do a new RTS. They are currently stuck with Free to Pay model cos more incomeeeeee.

Robin64

Sweet, 45 minutes of music I couldn't give two shits about first before the reveal. Now I don't have to rush home a little bit early. Perfect.

xSqfbJV.png

Shahadan

I am really damn hyped.

Also, you guys, what if the AU was set up not for more WoW stories, but for Warcraft 4? Can't really make a new RTS that might conflict with the ongoing MMO story, but an AU Azeroth? They can go all out. Believe it.

They have a simple opportunity for a reboot/sequel when the last old god dies and something cataclysmic happens (again lol)

Top Bottom