• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So thinking about what sub race options could be..

Human -> Vrykul
Dwarf -> WIldhammer Dwarf, Iron Dwarf
Night Elf -> ?
Gnome -> Clockwork Gnome
Draenei -> Broken
Worgen -> ?

Orc -> Brown Orc
Forsaken -> Elven Forsaken
Tauren -> Taunka
Troll -> ?
Blood Elf -> Bel'dorei
Goblin -> Giblin

I'm fine with this.

Robin64

There's like 3 other troll races right now (forest, sand, and frost troll). You should know this from all the troll raids thrown at us.

Tauren can also be Yaun'gol.

Haha, you're right. My mind went totally blank. Think I try to forget about the billion troll raids.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What the hell is a Bel'dorei?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So thinking about what sub race options could be..

Human -> Vrykul
Dwarf -> WIldhammer Dwarf, Iron Dwarf
Night Elf -> ?
Gnome -> Clockwork Gnome
Draenei -> Broken
Worgen -> ?

Orc -> Brown Orc
Forsaken -> Elven Forsaken
Tauren -> Taunka
Troll -> ?
Blood Elf -> Bel'dorei
Goblin -> Giblin

Vrykuls have never been friendly, so it wouldn't make sense...
Then again Worgens were never friendly before they were made playable... so who knows.

For night elves, isn't there some sub-race, ancestor group that are pretty much hated/exiled from the night elves? Some kind of mages group? Or is my lore screwed up?

Robin64

Fel'dorei is pretty cool, heh.

Bel'dorei I made up, wondered if anyone would notice. Thought I'd get away with it.

Just figured that as some Sin'dorei move away from the lure of magic and all that shit, their eyes would stop being green and they could be Bel'dorei, named after the Sunwell and belore meaning sun.

For night elves, isn't there some sub-race, ancestor group that are pretty much hated/exiled from the night elves? Some kind of mages group? Or is my lore screwed up?

There is, but them coming back was the explanation for Night Elves having the mage class now.

JSoup

Banned
Emerald Dream was wrapped up in one of the novels. They didn't make an expansion based around the Emerald Dream because they said "it would be too boring to just have an entire world set in lush nature". Nevermind the fact that they put a freaking jungle in Northrend.

Emerald Nightmare is still there, though. Probably raid material or something.

Robin64

Hiding my cape is the only way to stop myself going bonkers watching my sword vanish into it over and over as I stand there.

Skab

So, when Gul'dan gets sucked into the legion portal, it's because hes totally going to be taking the place of Ner'zul in this alternate world and were going to be getting an alternate lich king in the next expansion right?

Right.

The only clipping that bothers me is the female Belf in cloth robes, at the greatest point of each stride the robe clips through its self.

Got my ring today, woo
ti4gold.gif

Granadier

Hiding my cape is the only way to stop myself going bonkers watching my sword vanish into it over and over as I stand there.

Agreed. I picked up Brutal Gladiator's Shield Wall on my alt warrior for transmog and it's clip city with the cape on.

So, I know its not new content, but what if Blizz took the timewalking thing, applied it to every dungeon, and always had it on. When you Q lfd at max level, you can end up in any dungeon blizz had made, but tuned for level 100 normal/heroic. Then bring back justice/valor so us lowly casuals can slowly grind our raid gear.

I really have no idea what to expect from this upcoming announcement, but I don't want a second roundtrip on the hype -> regret cycle that WoD gave me. I have a feeling it'll probably be really "out there" conceptually.

I'll be watching the stream, atleast.

Robin64

So, I know its not new content, but what if Blizz took the timewalking thing, applied it to every dungeon, and always had it on. When you Q lfd at max level, you can end up in any dungeon blizz had made, but tuned for level 100 normal/heroic. Then bring back justice/valor so us lowly casuals can slowly grind our raid gear.

Fine by me. FFXIV basically does this.

Though you get scaled down, which makes those queuing as they level get in too.

Granadier

Poor lil guy.

Also, what UI setup are you using Ashodin. It looks purrty.

CHC

The wait is killing me, this announcement could literally slay WoW if its bad.

I'm going crazy too, and I haven't even played since shortly after WoD's launch. As for "slay WoW" - I wouldn't say that quite yet. But the next expansion is definitely heading into "make-or-break" territory, especially in light of Warlords' absolutely disastrous subscription numbers.

I'm hoping that they're going to strip some bloat and return the game to its roots, while investing in building infrastructures that enliven the community and the end-game for everyone. However, I'm expecting that they're going to just add a new gimmicky feature that lasts only one expansion (ie; ships if it's a South Seas expansion, basically another garrison equivalent) and just double down on the current mentality. I'm so eager for the anouncement but so concerned that the lessons they've learned will only pertain to the most surface aspects of the game, not its bloated, antisocial core.

Granadier

installing. thanks.

Now I can GW2 while I WoW. All is right in the world.

Robin64

Excited! Actually genuinely excited.

About to go sleep and then when I wake it will only be about 10 hours to the reveal.

Robin64

Last we really saw Tyrande was in a MoP Scenario where she tried advising Varian on battle tactics and he was all "lol get back in the kitchen luv"

Hey remember group Scenarios?

Tacitus_

Did anyone hate class quests? I thought Blizzard's reasoning was that they took too much resources for content much of the playerbase can't do.

Holy fuck did the shaman class quests suck ass. Want that shiny new totem? Have fun trekking up and down both continents without a mount before you get it!

Warlock quests for the demons also required some trekking but they weren't as bad and you got a nice payoff with the summoning ritual at the end.

Tenebrous

Excited! Actually genuinely excited.

About to go sleep and then when I wake it will only be about 10 hours to the reveal.

Stay up, watch TI5 until 06:00 BST, jump into bed, and wake up with moments to spare.

Holy fuck did the shaman class quests suck ass. Want that shiny new totem? Have fun trekking up and down both continents without a mount before you get it!

Warlock quests for the demons also required some trekking but they weren't as bad and you got a nice payoff with the summoning ritual at the end.

The Warlock quests were amazing, but climbing up that mountain in Durotar to get a totem... Dear me.

Anyone get an Overwatch logo on their Battle.net Launcher right now?

I'm shitting bricks over here.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like this is for everybody and is pretty damn old news.

ZenaxPure

Emerald Dream was wrapped up in one of the novels.

I see people say this a lot but it's not actually true. This is from the final chapter of the novel:

Curiously, only then did Malfurion truly sense that the ancient evil, though it fought to keep its grip there, did so from somewhere deep in the depths of Azeroth's own seas. Bereft of Xavius's link to the dream realm, it was still powerful enough somehow to keep that one place under its horrific sway.

At last it became clear there was nothing more to be gained by pressing. Aware of those yet needing them, Malfurion sealed off the vicinity around the rift. There was a silent agreement between Tyrande and him. The day had been saved... this other war would have to wait for another, a better, time.

That's the most obvious "let's keep this story line open just in case" I've ever seen with my own two eyes. I imagine Blizzard demanded it be that way in case they wanted to use it at some point again.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited. Is it tomorrow yet?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited. Is it tomorrow yet?

I want a new class. "They should balance the current classes first!" is a pretty meaningless meme to me at this point so I would be pissed if Blizzard actually believes it is worth forgoing content to try chase that unicorn.

I'd prefer paragon levels or something instead of a 105 or 110 cap tbh, 100 is such a perfect number to just stop, anything over, just doesn't feel exciting for me really.

I'd rather explore a new interesting continent on Draenor rather than going back to azeroth tbh.
Especially since that would mean Draenor would be left forgotten as usual, and that they would have to come up with dumb excuse to add more terrain to azeroth.

Some stuff with islands, underwater zones or raised landmasses is the last thing I can accept with a straight face, even though it's already much to swallow to begin with.
Then again we got alternate dimension time travel.

At this point they could come up with an idea to fuse draenor and azeroth into a single planet and I wouldn't be surprised :lol:

It's literally impossible for me to give a shit about anything that happens in the WoD dimension, it's go back to normal azeroth or no going back for me.

Removing LFG and LFR would kill the game, yeah I said it. LFR was great in MoP, shit in WoD.

LFR in cata was perfect for me, short and easy. Don't have to try too much so it's frustrating when people fail ala MoP, don't have to be completely bored ala WoD.

Long tiers/raids just make LFR more aggravating.

I don't care what the rewards are as long as they look nice so I can transmog collect, lfr is for fashion not for gearing up.

Top Bottom