• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

Yes, but he plays a Mistweaver Asuka on the team I raid with. His Mage or whatever is on another team.

Our resident Mage's name is Rilgen. Though we have a new Mage trial as of this week that's pretty good.
That's cool. Yeah, Asuka is (was?) his alt. Used to raid with Davela back in the day.
Hope that new Mage works out!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So in preparation for the new transmog system i have been collecting every BoE set. ive made personal guilds for all of my alts and outfitted them all with full bank tabs. Now when i get a drop if it shows i have one in a Guild Bank i vendor it, d/e it, or vendor it depending on what it is. If its an item i havent collected i send it to the alt which corresponds to the item type.

ive been doing this for a couple weeks now and its been going well so far. i just wish there was a another row in the guild bank so most sets could line up in a single column perfectly.

phierce

So in preparation for the new transmog system i have been collecting every BoE set. ive made personal guilds for all of my alts and outfitted them all with full bank tabs. Now when i get a drop if it shows i have one in a Guild Bank i vendor it, d/e it, or vendor it depending on what it is. If its an item i havent collected i send it to the alt which corresponds to the item type.

ive been doing this for a couple weeks now and its been going well so far. i just wish there was a another row in the guild bank so most sets could line up in a single column perfectly.
That's awesome...what addon shows if you already have the item!? I need.

Khorium ore is a rare spawn, so it'll take some searching (or strip mining until one spawns). Have you checked the AH?

The price on the AH is part of the reason why I'm mining it. On my other Alli toon I had enough Khorium but not enough Primal Fire, on this toon I have enough Primal Fire but not enough Khorium. I'm not done questing in Nagrand so I hope to find a vein or two before I get Nagrand Slam. By this point I should've found at least one vein, I've got mining nodes displaying on my mini-map, pretty actively mine every node I come across (price of Primal Fire on the AH makes every Fel Iron node worth going for) but no dice.

Wow, I used the map of Nagrand off of this guide for a farming route for Khorium and saw so many people taking the same or similar circuits around the zone. Still, it took me less than an hour to mine the Khorium I needed to make a turbo-charged flying machine. Pretty happy with how quickly I was able to do that versus just haphazardly trying to stumble across the ore while questing.

RSfyOgA.jpg

If I was a particularly vindictive person I would farm that route for a few days, flood the market and drive the price down, but I would rather just move on and wrap up Outland.

Alas, no new mounts this week.

And unfortunate that Christmas and New Year's will interfere with raiding for two weeks as a weekend team. If we don't get Xhul/Tyrant down this coming weekend, we probably won't until January. But it is what it is.

cdyhybrid

Alas, no new mounts this week.

And unfortunate that Christmas and New Year's will interfere with raiding for two weeks as a weekend team. If we don't get Xhul/Tyrant down this coming weekend, we probably won't until January. But it is what it is.
Don't worry, you have 9 months until Legion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know if this got discussed but good
If I unlocked the CM armor during MOP on one warlock, if I make another will I be able to XMOG it on him with the new system?
Yep! Any characters of the same class will be able to wear the Challenge Mode sets if you've unlocked them. (WarcraftDevs)

TBH I wouldn't mind the CM sets being on the BMAH. I would definitely pay for a couple of them. This is coming from someone who has one set, but would like others, especially after missing my Warlock's by one dungeon on the last day before servers went down.

heh

My guild will probably stop raiding until Legion once we down Kilrogg, because Gorefiend probably ain't happening and attrition will take an extreme toll after the holiday, I'm predicting.

Gorefiend is certainly harder than Iskar, Socrethar, and probably Fel Lord, but I don't think he's that bad anymore with the iLvl upgrades, so long as your breakers are competent and have good communication. For everyone else, the fight pretty much doesn't change. Certainly requires more coordination/setup than those following 3 bosses though, so raid leaders have to know what's up.

Tacitus_

Gorefiend is certainly harder than Iskar, Socrethar, and probably Fel Lord, but I don't think he's that bad anymore with the iLvl upgrades, so long as your breakers are competent and have good communication. For everyone else, the fight pretty much doesn't change. Certainly requires more coordination/setup than those following 3 bosses though, so raid leaders have to know what's up.

While I agree with your general point, this is like saying "it's not that hard if you don't count the hard bit"

While I agree with your general point, this is like saying "it's not that hard if you don't count the hard bit"

Well I'm biased since I was one of the breakers for my team :p

Double Unholy DKs on our kills. With assistance executing from hunters/whoever when called for. Early on before we had a second DPS DK for awhile we were doing me and Enhance Shaman. Our two Warriors for some reason don't like Arms or were otherwise benched, so we didn't have that combo.

so long as your breakers are competent and have good communication.

Yeahhhh...this is kind of our problem. Most of our competent, high-awareness players are tanks and healers. Our ranged has exactly one guy who I'd trust not to stand in fire as well as watch the health of high-priority adds. The good news is he's a druid so he can probably mange all the breaks on his own. The bad news is he can get picked to go down and all that's left are a few derpy hunters and a warlock that I don't know I can trust to consistently hit the right add at the right time.

Yeahhhh...this is kind of our problem. Most of our competent, high-awareness players are tanks and healers. Our ranged has exactly one guy who I'd trust not to stand in fire as well as watch the health of high-priority adds. The good news is he's a druid so he can probably mange all the breaks on his own. The bad news is he can get picked to go down and all that's left are a few derpy hunters and a warlock that I don't know I can trust to consistently hit the right add at the right time.

Okay first of all - Exorsus Raid Tools - /rt gorefiend

I prefer hitting the arrow and allowing for soul bars to be targetable on click option. Ideally everyone should have this up, but it's most crucial for the breakers. Others should have it so they can help quickly if called for.

Secondly - you have your breakers get naked (or mostly so) pre-pull, then quickly put their gear on (use the equipment manager macros for this) about 4-6 seconds before the pull. This leaves them with a lower amount of health so they can suicide into the water at the start and get broken out immediately. They now have a debuff that prevents them from getting picked to go down again. During Feast of Souls, everyone else will need to absorb a little soul that floats towards Gorefiend to remove this debuff EXCEPT your breakers and likely one healer (so they can remain out). If a breaker dies it's pretty much a wipe anyway, and there's not much to die to in this fight really. You need to have a rotation/setup for this, as they come from 3 general directions.

Generally we have a healer suicide and get broken as well so there's always at least one upstairs, in addition to another player (Feral Druid) that goes in a little later to help blow up the tank add (I think they may use the ring downstairs for this purpose).

Other than that, the only thing you really have to worry about is getting chains done quickly, and not fucking up doom wells (ideally stacking them on other ones with strong personal CDs). There are weak auras out there that show your touch of doom really well. If you misplace doom wells, it's also generally a wipe.

When you can consistently get past one feast of souls without major mistakes, you'll have a kill incoming, as it's just rinse, repeat at that point.

If you need any other tips, just ask.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I can't believe a month after valor was added, pug groups are still absolute garbage in heroic HFC

This is fucking bullshit. Gonna be stuck with my normal mode tier set until Legion

JSoup

Banned
I can't believe a month after valor was added, pug groups are still absolute garbage in heroic HFC

This is fucking bullshit. Gonna be stuck with my normal mode tier set until Legion

It all depends on how many people are actually using their valor and how many are just expecting a carry. So far, I've only upgraded the normal pieces I've gotten from timewalking quests.

phierce

ilvls =/= quality. You can put mythic gear on shit players and they'd still be shit.

phierce

Which is amazing when you think about how ridiculously easy WoW is to play.
Agreed.

Speaking of heroic HFC and the above complaint...the moose was the worst thing to happen. So many shit players paying for carries for the moose and in turn getting their AoTC, which then gives them a ticket in for other heroic groups. So, they then join heroic groups because they're now accepted, but they're still shitty players and it sucks for others.

JSoup

Banned
Agreed.

Speaking of heroic HFC and the above complaint...the moose was the worst thing to happen. So many shit players paying for carries for the moose and in turn getting their AoTC, which then gives them a ticket in for other heroic groups. So, they then join heroic groups because they're now accepted, but they're still shitty players and it sucks for others.

Similar to how the Garrosh heirlooms worked. Lot of groups who were expecting facerolls.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Beer is tasty, and WoW subs are nice. Guess I'm resubbed now.

edit: yep, Garrisons are still cancer

Garrisons are boring but a fairly powerful way to passively earn gold, gear and resources. I have a half-assed garrison and shipyard on a warrior I don't really enjoy playing funneling their garrison output into a shaman I'm leveling. It's a couple of minutes at the beginning and end of each day but the pay-off is worth it. The shaman is 85, has all hexweave bags, all of its license tiers, gear (crafted and BoE) being funneled to it.

Granadier

Garrisons are boring but a fairly powerful way to passively earn gold, gear and resources. I have a half-assed garrison and shipyard on a warrior I don't really enjoy playing funneling their garrison output into a shaman I'm leveling. It's a couple of minutes at the beginning and end of each day but the pay-off is worth it. The shaman is 85, has all hexweave bags, all of its license tiers, gear (crafted and BoE) being funneled to it.

I agree that it's a good way to make some gold, but they are so damn boring. And each time I'm doing something in my garrison it feels like I'm playing WoW: iPhone edition. Seriously could have just been a spinoff mobile side-game and had the same effect. (would have preferred that). Anyways, glad they aren't extending them in Legion.

Good choice on the Shaman alt though. I'm leveling one my self right now (77), and have been having a ton of fun with it. Got the Alliance itch recently though, but I think I'll stay on Horde for now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So why is it holy paladins get an artifact main hand to go with their Silver Hand, Warriors get a matching sword and the same for prot paladins but Shadow Priests and other 1h caster artifacts don't seem to have matching off-hands?

Granadier

So why is it holy paladins get an artifact main hand to go with their Silver Hand, Warriors get a matching sword and the same for prot paladins but Shadow Priests and other 1h caster artifacts don't seem to have matching off-hands?

Why is Elemental fist weapons and Enhancement hammers?

#blizzard

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

They all do, you're just missing them. Spriests have a book, Fire mages have an orb.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maybe you're reverse me.

I'm glad I'm a Warrior main because that's the class that's the most appealing to me. Brought a Shaman up to cap and I just can't derive any enjoyment out of it. The only thing that gets me to pay attention to the Shaman at all is the Garrison stuff. None of the Shaman specs really grab me though. Enhance feels like a super low feedback melee spec. Resto is fine but without limiters on its AOE healing it suffers a little in small group play. Doesn't feel like it has the power to turn things around in a pinch in the same way my priest does. Elemental is just super plain. Probably doesn't help that I hate totems in everything outside of Resto (although they still feel clunky there).

Been trying to push a Druid up, but now that I've hit the early 90s I can see that Guardian Druid is immensely less interesting than Prot Warrior. Cat Druid and Moonkin could also not be less appealing to me.

I'm usually pretty interested in class distribution, and what it says about the push and pull of what people are interested in playing. Unfortunately it's hard to find accurate numbers on stuff. Anecdotally, the number of shamans I've seen lately is almost unreal. I can't turn a corner without finding another handful of them.

Maybe you're reverse me.

I'm glad I'm a Warrior main because that's the class that's the most appealing to me. Brought a Shaman up to cap and I just can't derive any enjoyment out of it. The only thing that gets me to pay attention to the Shaman at all is the Garrison stuff. None of the Shaman specs really grab me though. Enhance feels like a super low feedback melee spec. Resto is fine but without limiters on its AOE healing it suffers a little in small group play. Doesn't feel like it has the power to turn things around in a pinch in the same way my priest does. Elemental is just super plain. Probably doesn't help that I hate totems in everything outside of Resto (although they still feel clunky there).

Been trying to push a Druid up, but now that I've hit the early 90s I can see that Guardian Druid is immensely less interesting than Prot Warrior. Cat Druid and Moonkin could also not be less appealing to me.

I'm usually pretty interested in class distribution, and what it says about the push and pull of what people are interested in playing. Unfortunately it's hard to find accurate numbers on stuff. Anecdotally, the number of shamans I've seen lately is almost unreal. I can't turn a corner without finding another handful of them.

Picked Warrior when I first started playing WoW because I didn't know what I was doing, wanted to make an Orc for WoD, that seemed like the perfect class for an Orc and Warrior also seemed like the simplest/easiest class to learn WoW with. Plus who doesn't like hitting things with a big stick? Or two big sticks? I went Fury and it ultimately it kind of felt like a slot machine with an unsatisfactory throttle. "Not enough Rage, I can't do that yet, I need to move closer, you are too close, no path available"

I freely admit I'm probably a horrible Warrior, I could try re-spec as Arms or add Prot as a secondary spec, but I don't want to try to learn tanking--which is something I have't done--with an under-geared character starting at 100. Also that isn't something I should subject others to. With Shaman I can do everything; cast, melee, off-heal, and main heal. As well as do handy things like self-resurrect, walk on water or never get out-paced by the tank because of wolf-form.

Warriors are my favourite tanks to heal for though. They're the most stable, predictable class. I don't like Monks and Druids because they're too mobile and can start to outpace the rest of the party, Druids in particular.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I went Fury and it ultimately it kind of felt like a slot machine with an unsatisfactory throttle. "Not enough Rage, I can't do that yet, I need to move closer, you are too close, no path available"
Fury has its share of problems, like many other specs in WoD. It's one of those cases where there isn't quite enough flavor to deliver really strong highs. I like most of Fury mechanically, but if you hit a dry spot where you're not Enraged you can sort of just wind up with not a lot to do. This gets to be really annoying when timing windows can be crucial for melee to avoid boss mechanics, or to take advantage of cooldowns being up. I don't mind fishing for power with Bloodthirst, but it usually seems like if it fails there aren't really backup plans to boost your damage through alternate means and pick yourself back up. You just...wait for the refresh. With Legion's changes I am pretty confident it will be one of the most fun melee specs in the game though.

I'm surprised you have issues with pathing. I've found charge to be quite forgiving, and combined with Heroic Leap it's pretty rare for me to feel like there are many obstacles between me and my target.
With Shaman I can do everything; cast, melee, off-heal, and main heal. As well as do handy things like self-resurrect, walk on water or never get out-paced by the tank because of wolf-form.
While I appreciate the versatility of the Shaman kit I can't help but feel that the class is just incomplete in its approach to these roles. Enhancement in particular just feels really piddly to me. Obviously the damage is there but there aren't many abilities that really pack a punch. There's a lot of "Enhance 'X' type of damage" or "Boost the critical chance of 'Y' element" but it's hard to feel like the melee aspect of the spec ever really has a chance to shine.

For Elemental it's just one of those things where there's not much going on. Limited resource management. There are loads of abilities that just feel like filler, and for whatever reason I get worse RNG vibes off Lava Burst than I do from a lot of other specs. It feels great to have it reset when you're using it, but it feels like a missed opportunity when you get a free charge while you were doing something else.

Restoration is on the verge of being a spec I really, really enjoy, but it's just not fully developed in WoD. Its AoE heal power in raids is immense, and the feedback off properly using your totems is something that you can really feel. Unfortunately I feel like a lot of this power holds back the spec for its single target and small group healing. Upkeep is also just a little too high.

Watch Earth Shield.
Watch Riptide.
Watch Healing Rain.
Watch Unleash Life.
Manage Totems.

These are things that require attention without always feeling very rewarding. Cloudburst Totem is one of the most interesting healing tools in the game. I almost wish it was baseline for the spec but it seems like the game is pushing people to take High Tide and spam Chain Heal.

Everything about totems is a mess. From the weird elemental type override stuff to the uncomfortable talent choices providing what should be baseline utility for totems that require precise placement. Fortunately it seems like Shaman are receiving a good amount of attention to deal with a lot of these issues.

Granadier

From the looks of the previews Shaman will be getting some good love and attention in Legion. Particularly with the totems. They feel so awkward now.

Also what you mentioned with Fury having those occasional dead spots with nothing to do is common (as far as I've found) with Enhance too. If the fight drags on it's easy to get into a cadence where every X seconds you have nothing to do but wait for cool downs.

...but if you hit a dry spot where you're not Enraged you can sort of just wind up with not a lot to do.

This sums up my experience with my Fury Warrior pretty aptly.

I have less issues with dead time as an Elemental Shaman but that's due to talent choices. Totems are the aspect of the class I like the least. I'm always dropping a Searing Totem, but what does that even do? The worst DoT in the game? Totems feel like such a chore to manage and require so many talents to make using them more bearable but then some of them feel super valid and powerful. What changes I have read about class changes in Legion sound like a huge QoL improvement. I've been so focused on PVE, I haven't played much Resto lately. Enhancement isn't a blip on my radar until Legion and I'm bored...or something.

Eventually I'm basically going to roll a Goblin in every class I can. I've got another Warrior queued up but it's after a Priest, a Warlock and this Shaman. Short term goal is get this Shaman 100, get Loremaster, get its garrison and shipyard online, build a Depleted Kyparium Rocket, funnel resources to alts and get them to 100. I want to have a core of 4 toons for Legion, two healers, one tank and one pure deeps for funsies.

Tacitus_

We kill our breakers at the start of the match and bring them up ASAP so they can't get picked randomly again.

Top Bottom